FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
February 27, 2012 @ 02:12 PM
chris123

sorry guys but

BUMP
February 27, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
bluntfield

never was a big fan of bape, some of their shit is nice but the neon colours dont do it for me. mainstream media isn't wearing it anymore = no one else is.

WTB black cement 3's sz9.5-10

February 27, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
gotlighters

they were waaaaay over hyped.

selling NWOT diamond yacht tank and NWOT crate denim

February 28, 2012 @ 12:56 AM
INtheGO.

might look like its losing popularity but still manages to sell out on jackets and other big ticket items..

...i think its gaining popularity....wale ... wizk....and others are bringing it back.
March 1, 2012 @ 11:19 PM
drtmcgrt

^fuck outta here that's how bape ended up "losing popularity" or its appeal. rappers started to OD on the shit and so did the mainstream public. nigo recently sold bape and started something new called human made which is like super limited. idk if that was before or after he sold it. and it looks like supreme is heading down the same road.

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

March 2, 2012 @ 11:55 PM
big4slick20

for all the bapeheads still out there, PM ME. i got a lot of OG gear sitting in my closet 4 $ale
March 3, 2012 @ 04:25 PM
chris123

Q4. To those who have shopped at BAPE, were you more satisfied with their clothes back in its prime than you are with the clothes they give today?
March 8, 2012 @ 12:32 AM
chris123

Bump :D
March 9, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
kingofhype

because they copied the air force 1 and charged double...

Soon to be Moderator

March 10, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
cgunner

Hmmm. I think bapes popularity downfall went something like this....rappers make hype, generates fakes, mak es an expensive brand cheap, which makes it accessible to the masses=overkill. I remember way back in the day (most of you were probably in elementary), i walked around aomori japan for hours trying to find the bape store. Few years later i went home to n.c. And you could buy some fake ass $hit for 10 bucks. That hurt my soul to be walking around town in what i felt was the flyest shit ever at the time, and to see dudes everywhere baped out. Ugh. And for those sayin that bape needs to do something new? I dont get what you guys are talking about. Baby milo t's, camo, and the bright colors are only one side of the brand. They make plenty of stuff you wouldnt have the slightest clue that bathing ape made it.
March 11, 2012 @ 02:34 AM

Inactive

Counterfeit and Supreme killed Supreme IMO.

I am here to buy your shit doe. Hook Me Up. Also I got heat such as Galaxy Foams. Check my listing. www.hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/167278

March 12, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
chris123

Bape have been doing products other than the more famous and overhyped products with the camoflauge and baby milo etc.

Q4. To those who have shopped at BAPE, were you more satisfied with their clothes back in its prime than you are with the clothes they give today?
March 12, 2012 @ 11:58 PM
J-aimz

No, I prefer their newer clothes. I find the most of the 05-07 shit to be ugly.
March 13, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
leifwild

In my opinion its just a shift in trend, as presently i think subtlety and a 'european' styling is what has come back into style i.e desert boots, tortoiseshell, paisley, clean cut brands such as a.p.c. I don't think its necessarily down to fans ditching the brand, but evolving with the trends and bape is unable to keep up. I used to wear the camo prints, trainers etc when i was about 14 but i feel ive kinda grown out of it (or maybe i have myself been dragged into the latest 'trends'). I agree with the above comment, i think bape needs to keep up and evolve as a brand rather than sticking with what they think the consumer enjoys because it clearly isnt effective presently. Maybe in 5-10 years they could bring back the camo, but right now its just too loud and childish.
March 16, 2012 @ 04:51 PM
totalespionage

I still wear BAPE. I think most people who don't anymore but did heavily at one time were just following the trendbandwagon which fell off a few years back. I still like their t shirts and crewnecks, but none of that bright neon stuff though.
March 17, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
selllyu

i hate Bathing Ape now...
March 18, 2012 @ 04:45 AM
silent AlaRM

Once the hood got ahold of it..
March 18, 2012 @ 05:47 AM
Cheef

suspended

Fakes killed Bape. I see a shit ton of fake supreme nowadays also.

USE REPCODE "HELLO20" TO GET 20% OFF KARMALOOP AND PLNDR

March 18, 2012 @ 02:40 PM
chris123

Q5. Was BAPE’s success mainly based on hype? Or were there other factors that made this brand famous and successful?
March 18, 2012 @ 11:55 PM
lorinrobb24

What makes Bape upscale streetwear?

Lorin for No Brand Logo

March 18, 2012 @ 11:58 PM
Dare.

It's very pricey at times and widely known because it's been worn/refrence by musicians.

?

March 19, 2012 @ 12:04 AM
RenAi beast

Yea, rappers exposing it to the mainstream (no more exclusivity) and endless emulation (fakes and whatever else).

You might as well add economical factors in there as well, Bape was in the spotlight while the world began to spiral economically.

I still wear my Bape tees though.

www.DOUBLEDONUTS.com www.DOUBLEDONUTS.tumblr.com

March 19, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
chris123

I don't have the quote with me now but Nigo said himself that BAPE is a High-end fashion brand and not to be seen as otherwise
March 20, 2012 @ 12:09 AM
lorinrobb24

I don't have the quote with me now but Nigo said himself that BAPE is a High-end fashion brand and not to be seen as otherwise

Do you like Human Made more than Bape?

Lorin for No Brand Logo

March 20, 2012 @ 04:27 PM
totalespionage

Yea, rappers exposing it to the mainstream (no more exclusivity) and endless emulation (fakes and whatever else).

You might as well add economical factors in there as well, Bape was in the spotlight while the world began to spiral economically.

I still wear my Bape tees though.

I don't think BAPE was portrayed the way is was meant to be. The elegance that was apart of BAPE was pretty much destroyed in it's infancy and the legacy is seen (at least to a western audience) as nothing more than an expensive street brand rather that a high-end fashion label. Still though, I just ordered the CDGxBAPE 1st Camo tee... with excitement.
March 21, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
D. Rose

clearly not

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

March 21, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
chris123

A lot of people sound like they are saying that the overuse of BAPE by rappers killed BAPES image but made it famous in the west nonetheless

Q6. Did celebrity endorsement of BAPE help solidify its popularity or do you think otherwise?
March 21, 2012 @ 06:56 PM
totalespionage

A lot of people sound like they are saying that the overuse of BAPE by rappers killed BAPES image but made it famous in the west nonetheless

Q6. Did celebrity endorsement of BAPE help solidify its popularity or do you think otherwise?

Only to a western audience. If Pharrell or Jay was never seen wearing this stuff only hardcore hypebeast would know about it, but I have to say that Wayne also had a part in making it popular to the "hood". Think about it, who would wear all of that bright neon shit with monkeys and stars and try to look "gangster" in the trap?
March 21, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
chaovi

Its because Nigo is a dumbass and tried to invest in other ventures way too quickly like BapeCuts, BapeCafe, BapeSounds...etc He even tried to make a BapeHotel. Too early junior.
March 21, 2012 @ 07:44 PM
paulywalnuts

their designs are just not what they used to be
they're beat
i don't know how much is due to the label being sold but its too expensive for mediocre shit

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

Please login first to reply.