FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
January 25, 2012 @ 06:06 PM
JohnnyF

Whats the best way of going about fixing this? Finally got crotch blowout after 2.5 - 3 years of wearing them. The rip is starting to travel down the right leg. The main blowout area almost makes up a triangle with strands in the middle. Sort of looks like this //////// Hole is about an inch wide, 2 inches long.

No camera atm to take a pic of it.

Best way of fixing this? Patch from the inside?

WTB: Diamond Tees! (PBR, Misfits, PJ Ladd Celtics) SZ XL

January 25, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
originalhype

patch from inside and out.

I'm already questioning the quality of nudie jeans.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

January 26, 2012 @ 01:29 AM
JohnnyF

patch from inside and out.

I'm already questioning the quality of nudie jeans.

Sick, thank you!

Yeah, I did a little research on Nudie vs APC before dropping 2 beans on denim. Nudies are notorious for crotch blowout for whatever reason, and to be honest I wasn't too impressed on my fading. My cousin got a pair of APC's the same time I did, we both wore them a shit ton for a year, washed them on the same day, and I was super disapointed.

Long story short, my next pair will be APC for sure.

January 27, 2012 @ 03:29 AM
m1k3E

You could try those iron-on jean patches you could get from Walgreens.

After 2.5 - 3 years of wear (of course assuming almost everyday if they are raw) is pretty normal for ANY kind of denim..... $200 on jeans for a good 3 years of wear is pretty cheap anyways.
January 27, 2012 @ 09:46 PM
originalhype

After 2.5 - 3 years of wear (of course assuming almost everyday if they are raw) is pretty normal for ANY kind of denim..... $200 on jeans for a good 3 years of wear is pretty cheap anyways.

$200 for jeans is cheap in 3 years? i'm sorry but that is absurd. I've had fitting levi's jeans costing less than that and wear it every other day and still had no crotch blow out. Only thing change is color fade.
Everybody has multiple jeans in their closet.

assume 200 dollars on one pair. oh let's say you bought 5 jeans every year. that's 1000 dollars per year.

Let's take it down. 100 dollars for jeans, buy 5 pairs each year. 500 dollars per year. that's a lot of money.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

January 27, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
JohnnyF

$200 for jeans is cheap in 3 years? i'm sorry but that is absurd. I've had fitting levi's jeans costing less than that and wear it every other day and still had no crotch blow out. Only thing change is color fade.

assume 200 dollars on one pair. oh let's say you bought 5 jeans every year. that's 1000 dollars per year.

Let's take it down. 100 dollars for jeans, buy 5 pairs each year. 500 dollars per year. that's a lot of money.

Thank you. Exactly my thoughts. I don't have money to blow on jeans soon as they get blowout. Faiding is expected yes but with the legendary name "Nudie" you expect them to last a little longer. Oh well, I'm going to try APC next.

January 28, 2012 @ 01:46 AM

Inactive

the fuck did you expect with nudie? you like squigglies on your ass?
January 28, 2012 @ 02:01 AM
vanitas

Thank you. Exactly my thoughts. I don't have money to blow on jeans soon as they get blowout. Faiding is expected yes but with the legendary name "Nudie" you expect them to last a little longer. Oh well, I'm going to try APC next.

LOL dead @ nudie being "legendary". You wore them for 3 years son... you swear like some thin little nudies are gonna last that long without some ripping
January 28, 2012 @ 02:16 AM
slap

Patch from the inside.
I have a pair of Unbranded that I wore for 13 months, and they have ripped in like 4 location at the crotch.
Brought them to my tailor just today, and he's gonna help me patch and reinforce. $20.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

January 28, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
goldengoose

obviously sagging a lot and wearing them too tight will lead to quicker crotch rips
January 29, 2012 @ 05:17 AM
m1k3E

Unfortunately, I don't buy 5 pairs of jeans every year... especially if I am trying to break in a pair of raw denim. Which makes me question why you suggested using an example of buying 5 pairs of jeans worth $200 each year...

To each his own, but spending $200 on a single pair of jeans every 3 years is not "absurd" at all considering its $67/yr.

LOL dead @ nudie being "legendary". You wore them for 3 years son... you swear like some thin little nudies are gonna last that long without some ripping

My thoughts exactly
January 29, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
K [X] Z I

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but PATCHES ARE DISGUSTING!!! Are you homeless? If you spend that much money on a pair of raws, why not take care of them properly and get them darned. Also, you should've posted this in the denim section. I hope you don't patch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtb5gqT7f44&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbIEi59UjXg
January 29, 2012 @ 08:23 PM
m1k3E

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but PATCHES ARE DISGUSTING!!! Are you homeless? If you spend that much money on a pair of raws, why not take care of them properly and get them darned. Also, you should've posted this in the denim section. I hope you don't patch it.

Good looks.

Have you ever sent in denim to either above?
January 29, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
slap

I got a quote for my repair from like 3 different mail order repair.
And they're all $65+.

Rather get a new pair of Unbranded.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

January 29, 2012 @ 09:26 PM
bak.

APC is, qualitywise, in the same boat as nudie.
I wore my grim tims for almost 13 months straight not giving shit about em and the crotch is still fine.

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

January 30, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
K [X] Z I

Good looks.

Have you ever sent in denim to either above?

Nope, but if I do, I would hit up my local Self Edge to get it done. Looks a lot cleaner than an ugly patch right?I did take my 3Sixteens to get a chain stitched hem for $25 flat. Their stitching is a lot cleaner than the the chain stitch it already comes in. Like the video stated, the first visible sign of tearing, take it to get darned asap. It'll reduce further damage and it'll be so small, it wouldn't be noticed after repair.
January 30, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
K [X] Z I

APC is, qualitywise, in the same boat as nudie.
I wore my grim tims for almost 13 months straight not giving shit about em and the crotch is still fine.

I agree. I still love my APC's but it's my last pair. I upgraded to a pair of 3sixteens and it's a lot better than the APCs. Every future pair I get will be an upgrade. Since I didn't start out with unbrandeds, they might be my next pair along with N&F. Then I'll move on to Sammies and Flat Heads etc.
January 30, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
julian6

Do any of you guys know a socal shop that can repair a crotch explosion? I have a crazy blow out on my slim jims.
January 31, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
K [X] Z I

I know Self Edge LA does it for $40 flat. I think there was another place too in LA that does it, but I can't recall the name.
January 31, 2012 @ 03:01 AM
avantgarde302

leave it, for easy access/insert purposes
January 31, 2012 @ 06:42 AM
julian6

I heard of denim doctors too but I need to know if there is a place that would accept mailed in orders.
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh499/HEY_John/soles001.jpg
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh499/HEY_John/soles002.jpg
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh499/HEY_John/soles004.jpg

These repairable?
January 31, 2012 @ 11:20 AM
K [X] Z I

Wait, so are you looking for places in socal or mail-in places?

The two vids I posted above are Self Edge which has locations in NY, SF, LA and the other video is Denim Therapy.
Your text to link here...

There's also these places in LA...
February 1, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
julian6

^ Thanks for the help man. I'm just looking for places that is around the OC. I know that LA has self edge and stuff but I dont wanna drive up there and drive up there again by the end of the week just to pick them up. Have you seen my pics? Do you think the pros like denim therapy can repair them?
February 1, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
slap

^ Best thing for you to do, is email the various mail in denim repair places, and have them give you an estimate.
Just email your pictures to them.

February 1, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
K [X] Z I

Well, I believe all the places I listed have email addresses, so you can shoot them a message with pics. I just remembered that SELA doesn't do darning. Only SENY and SESF when brought in stores, but it wouldn't hurt to ask about mail-ins. I know that with denim therapy, you have to mail it in before getting an estimate. They then tell you how much it'll cost and they ask if you want to continue. In my opinion, I would just buy a new pair of raws. Repairing them might look obvious for something of that size. How did it even rip to that size? You know that if you spot the tearing at an early stage, it can be reinforced to prevent further damage and the repair will look less noticeable too.
February 1, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
julian6

There was a little hole before and i repaired it by patching. But I was just walking and I dropped my phone. I then tried picking them up and thats when the tear happened. I know that getting a new pair of jeans is probably better but a friend bought these for me and the value of these are worth more than just 200 dollars. You know?
February 2, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
K [X] Z I

I definitely agree. Let us know what happens with you pair.

Please login first to reply.