300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
January 4, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
ChriSxJetson

Hey I'm in the process of starting a brand. I already have the website/logo finished and will post links at the bottom of this post. But I've finally got enough money to start getting some stuff printed up. I want to get very good quality printing, much like Diamond Supply, 10 deep, Mighty Healthy, etc. I'm not trying to be one of those brands that have 10 dollar shirts that look like they got printed up in the mall.

First question. When designing, do you suggest using a tee shirt template, or just make a graphic. And when I go to a screenprinter, do I just need to show them a graphic or do I need the graphic on a template of the shirt/sweatshirt/etc.

Second question. Anyone know of any good screenprinters in LA or the socal area in general.

Third question. I have photoshop and I'm trying to design this stuff myself, I have all the ideas ready for the first season, but I'm not so good with photoshop/illustrator so how much do most designers charge per piece for graphics for a tee shirt.

Fourth question. Do I need to find a separate manufacturer to get clothing tags on my shirt. I want something on the inside/back of the shirt, and I would like something on the sleeve. I'm wondering do screenprinters handle this or is it someone else.

If you can help in anyway I would really appreciate it. And you can check our site and twitter below. We've had the blog running for a few months now and have been getting a good bit of hits.

http://thelunchxline.com
http://twitter.com/thelunchxline
(i know the logo on the homepage is pretty corny but I'ma add our lookbook video there when I get some stuff printed)

dirt

January 4, 2012 @ 09:28 AM
originalhype

Hey I'm in the process of starting a brand. I already have the website/logo finished and will post links at the bottom of this post. But I've finally got enough money to start getting some stuff printed up. I want to get very good quality printing, much like Diamond Supply, 10 deep, Mighty Healthy, etc. I'm not trying to be one of those brands that have 10 dollar shirts that look like they got printed up in the mall.

First question. When designing, do you suggest using a tee shirt template, or just make a graphic. And when I go to a screenprinter, do I just need to show them a graphic or do I need the graphic on a template of the shirt/sweatshirt/etc.

Second question. Anyone know of any good screenprinters in LA or the socal area in general.

Third question. I have photoshop and I'm trying to design this stuff myself, I have all the ideas ready for the first season, but I'm not so good with photoshop/illustrator so how much do most designers charge per piece for graphics for a tee shirt.

Fourth question. Do I need to find a separate manufacturer to get clothing tags on my shirt. I want something on the inside/back of the shirt, and I would like something on the sleeve. I'm wondering do screenprinters handle this or is it someone else.

If you can help in anyway I would really appreciate it. And you can check our site and twitter below. We've had the blog running for a few months now and have been getting a good bit of hits.

http://thelunchxline.com
http://twitter.com/thelunchxline
(i know the logo on the homepage is pretty corny but I'ma add our lookbook video there when I get some stuff printed)

Answers:

1. Show them both. Give the measurement of the graphic and placement on the tee shirt template. Also ask them what format do they need it in. is it in psd, ai, TIFF? Also make sure you know your colors codes such as pantones.

2. Lots of screen printers in LA, can't say one for sure but most of them will give you samples of they they created in the past. go to the fashion district.

3. Screen tees. well i will say their not cheap but their not expensive either. I guess depends on how complex the design is and if you are willing to BUY per design or charge them per hour.

4. No you do not need to as most screen printers will also print on the inside back for the label.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

January 4, 2012 @ 03:36 PM
ChriSxJetson

appreciate that a lot fam. I just hit up a designer yesterday and hopefully I'll have some stuff ready in the next couple months.

dirt

January 4, 2012 @ 03:48 PM
properplacement

Cool site man. Where are you based?

www.lookingproper.com

January 5, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
Hardline Brand

I'm liking the website too. Keep it up! I'm starting my own brand also. We will be up and running very soon.

Based out of the City by the Sea. An urban sophisticated lifestyle brand. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo Da

January 5, 2012 @ 06:59 PM
ChriSxJetson

appreciate all the feedback.

and yeah we're based out of LA now, but im from south carolina, transferred out to the art institute in north hollywood for fashion marketing with hopes of being able to stay there after school lol.

bout to start getting some stuff printed up real soon. within the next couple of months. we're gonna have some vintage stuff too.

but til' then you guys should peep the blog every now n then. we post music, sneaker news, and stuff from other brands every now n then.

dirt

January 5, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
Jake Ocean

Definitetly hire a designer, if your unexperienced in designing do not design it your self. if you're planning on printing that current tee, don't, it be a waste of money. not trying to be mean, but it's the truth.

http://www.distantlight.co

January 5, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
ChriSxJetson

i never mentioned printing any tee in particular lol , im not using the lunch tray logo for anything at all. It was just a design the designer of the site gave me.

and i'm working with a designer right now for some designs i came up with. i've given up trying to design it myself lol.

dirt

January 5, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
skunky386

Your design sucks so much ass. You are very untalented.
January 5, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
jmellow18

Hey,

I'm not too much far from where you are. I currently have 6 designs done and the 7th design is being finished up as i write this.
Right now I need to get my logo's, names and designs trademarked and copyrighted.

My friend put together some some funny quotes a while back and got them screen printed somewhere in riverside. I'm going with him once i have my shirts.

I want some good quality shirts and tags (also looking into stickers).
The way i want to do my tags is screen printed on inside and a back tag to go with it... and a little tag on the bottom.
January 7, 2012 @ 06:35 PM
ChriSxJetson

Your design sucks so much ass. You are very untalented.

lmao , i didnt design anything yet man.

dirt

January 7, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
ChriSxJetson

Hey,

I'm not too much far from where you are. I currently have 6 designs done and the 7th design is being finished up as i write this.
Right now I need to get my logo's, names and designs trademarked and copyrighted.

My friend put together some some funny quotes a while back and got them screen printed somewhere in riverside. I'm going with him once i have my shirts.

I want some good quality shirts and tags (also looking into stickers).
The way i want to do my tags is screen printed on inside and a back tag to go with it... and a little tag on the bottom.

I want to get my tag screen printed on the inside and a tag on the sleeve, does the screenprinter you go to do custom stuff. one design i had in mind was a pocket tee, and when i was in sc i couldnt find someone to do it,

dirt

January 8, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
Nems

Your brand looks promising. Fuck the Haters. Do You! Keep us posted. If you ever get into some hats, get at me!
Peace.

Universal Article www.universalarticle.com

January 24, 2012 @ 03:39 AM
T.E.I.N.

Your brand looks promising. Fuck the Haters. Do You! Keep us posted. If you ever get into some hats, get at me!
Peace.
Yea man, your shit is fresh, I'm defiantly feeling that lunch trey design. Keep your head up and keep grinding and something'll come you way. I'm just now starting to get my shit off the ground, so I know how it feels, especially while still being in school. Keep at it dude.
January 24, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
T.E.I.N.

Definitetly hire a designer, if your unexperienced in designing do not design it your self. if you're planning on printing that current tee, don't, it be a waste of money. not trying to be mean, but it's the truth.
You're an ass. who are you to tell him his shit is whack or not. What brand do you run, who the fu*k are you besides a hater. If you're going to critique have something constructive to say you dumb fu*k.
January 24, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

Inactive

You're an ass. who are you to tell him his shit is whack or not. What brand do you run, who the fu*k are you besides a hater. If you're going to critique have something constructive to say you dumb fu*k.

lmfao do you not know how to read? he's trying to help him

anyways your brand looked promising at first just from looking at the twitter and the way you explained things
but if your designs are all like that purple and gold one on the website idk..

if your going to print that shirt don't, it won't sell.

anyways goodluck with al your journeys in the business.
January 24, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
black

If you don't possess the drive and savvy to teach yourself how to design and do all the necessary research to figure out all those questions on your own.....Stop. Stop right now because you'll never make it.

blackmfg.co fitted goods

January 24, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
joeschott

If you don't possess the drive and savvy to teach yourself how to design and do all the necessary research to figure out all those questions on your own.....Stop. Stop right now because you'll never make it.

Nah. I'd say this is research, and good research too - asking people who have an eye for streetwear is definitely doing research. Answering questions isn't going to make him post on the blog / think up designs / contact the printers and people he'll need to contact. He just wants to have a little insight which I think is something you need to have if you're going into a clothing line.

Owner/Creator: nopeclothing.com / fypblog.com

January 26, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
Jake Ocean

listen up idiot, i AM giving him constructie critiszm. I run a brand of my own, I know whats up. You have to stop being such a baby around these forums and smell the fucking roses and step into reality.

The nigga up there backing me up is right, I'm helping him. I'm telling him the straight forward truth, no point in lying to him.

And I never said anything was whack.

Good luck with the brand man, if you need any advice or help PM me and I'd be glad to help!

http://www.distantlight.co

March 14, 2012 @ 10:20 PM
ChriSxJetson

Hey thanks for all the feedback everyone. And yeah those tees up in the shop are just templates the designer had up there. I'm in the process of getting the first season designed. I'm doing a few , and I got a designer to do a couple. Everything's coming out good so far.

dirt

July 20, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
trick916

Hey thanks for all the feedback everyone. And yeah those tees up in the shop are just templates the designer had up there. I'm in the process of getting the first season designed. I'm doing a few , and I got a designer to do a couple. Everything's coming out good so far.

lol i was trippin' out the first time i visited your online store. the shirts you had there had Crooks & Castles descriptions lol but then i came back and read the posts, then finally understood why those shirts were there. good luck, i'm planning on starting my own brand sometime in the near future. i had a lot of similar questions like the ones in your first post. one question though, how much did it cost you to hire a graphic designer/get your design made? thanks smile
July 27, 2012 @ 10:07 AM
ChriSxJetson

lol i was trippin' out the first time i visited your online store. the shirts you had there had Crooks & Castles descriptions lol but then i came back and read the posts, then finally understood why those shirts were there. good luck, i'm planning on starting my own brand sometime in the near future. i had a lot of similar questions like the ones in your first post. one question though, how much did it cost you to hire a graphic designer/get your design made? thanks smile

he did the blog/shop/ and a few other designs for me for around 1300. its a link to his site on the bottom of mine..

dirt

July 28, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
noone

For your tags if you are looking for sewn tags you will need to supply the screen printer with them yourself. If you want just a screen printed tag they will do that, make sure you know all the information that needs to be on the tag and remember that each size is going to cost you a separate screen. Best of luck!

N1S. www.n1sclothingco.com Instagram: n1sclothing

Please login first to reply.