Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 25, 2011 @ 07:38 PM
beatsandblunts

I need new shirts for work...they have to be:

- white
- oxford/button-down collar
- durable fabric/cotton blend/wrinkle-free
- slim fit or fitted
- preferably not cost a fortune (under $50)

I usually get Stafford shirts from Penneys but they don't have them in fitted or slim fitting with the button-down collar and I'm looking to ditch the classic fit. I can find slim-fitting white oxfords but they are mostly cotton and will get ruined where I work (even the cotton blend get trashed but it takes a little longer). I also don't feel like ironing every day.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
November 25, 2011 @ 08:01 PM
Jdm101518

Here is my suggestion - it's more than $50 but worth it IMO

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=205&Product_Id=1313678&Parent_Id=207&default_color=WHITE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null

These are the best dress shirt purchases I have ever made. Cold water delicate wash, hang dry. They are excellent quality, button down collar, slim fit (which actually is slim fit, and not anorexia-fit). These were on sale 2 for $109 but that ended 11/23. Each year they run a 40% off Friends & Family sale, but I'm not sure when it'll be. These shirts also will be at Brooks Brothers outlet stores if you have one nearby.

Notice that this one is Supima cotton, I like Supima better than the other ones they offer (pinpoint, broadcloth).
November 25, 2011 @ 08:28 PM
tmwtg

+1 to the Brooks Brothers recommendation.

My go-to, throwaround oxfords are Uniqlo non-iron shirts. They're about $30-40 each. Slim fit, nice feel and a choice between button down or spread collar.

I suggest looking into a Uniqlo proxy.
November 28, 2011 @ 02:33 AM
beatsandblunts

I like the Brooks Brothers shirts but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much for a shirt that will get ruined at work. The Uniqlo's seem good for the price, I'm wondering if you can get the white button down collar without those lines/pinstripes? The regular collar white one doesn't have them. And can't you order Uniqlo over the phone?
December 7, 2011 @ 04:31 AM
beatsandblunts

Any other suggestions? The Brooks Brothers look nice but are a little too expensive for a work shirt. I like the Uniqlos but I need solid white and that doesn't appear to be an option for the button down collar (at least judging from their site).

Please login first to reply.