Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 17, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
magmar

^ funny you should bring that up, since I gave myself some extra time to ship my fabric, I actually found some "better" ones to use. and yes I understand there are similarities and even in moupia's case, it's the exact same fabric but I guess there's a little bad luck in there as well, I find the birds fabric and soon after dqm comes out with a very similar fishing lures, and now the wolves fabric I'm using is being used by ripndip for their button ups. and may I add that there are bound to be similarities in designs cross brand (florals, florals everywhere). as for the clouds, I've decided to get rid of it completely and will be replacing at least one of the designs with another one I found that is pretty damn, nice.

but yeah, been getting a lot of hate on this thread so I'm gonna steer clear for now.

Definitely wasn't trying to hate on your fabrics man. Sorry if it came off that way. I just want to see something different, but who cares what I or we think. Those hats would sell either way regardless of the similarities they might have with other prints and I wasn't saying you shouldn't follow through with them. If you have or haven't made changes, either way, I will definitely still want to check them out once there made. I probably would have gotten that great outdoors or the birds one but I already have two similar hats in my collection. You should definitely continue updating your ideas and prints through here though. Sure your going to receive some criticism but some of it may be helpful and mostly so you can further your name out there. I will definitely be looking into buying a hat from you in the future but will never know if you don't continue to give updates through here.

thank you. seriously. this type of constructive criticism is what I appreciate. it's gotten to a point where every post I make in this thread I get at least two downvotes and it makes me wonder why even though i know it's probably the same few people following my posts and downvoting all of them, hell, I bet even this one will get downvoted. I try to be as well spoken as i possibly can even if it's just a forum and even though I don't let it get to my head, the negativity is really drawing me away from this thread. This is obviously my fault for posting all my ideas on here whether it be fabric to label ideas which results in spam of people reblogging and answering to my posts. Bottom line is, I wanted to make something for the people so I was looking to the people for feedback and have a part in the creative process. At the end of the day, it may have gotten annoying for some people and I understand that.

as for future fabric changes, Great Outdoors and Birds are staying, Clouds are out, and a toss up between Wolves or Jungle being replaced, or even both. updates will probably come less often.
August 17, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
Triangle

Who else keeps there camps in a shoe box?

*their

same shit.

There - States a place of being. Shows that something is at a place and is telling the reader/listener where something is held or placed.

Their - A form of ownership. Something that they have with them, replace their with a name or proper noun. You could say, "I like Mike and Julie's dog." But with their, you could say, "I like their dog." It could show one or more than one person's ownership, whichever pronoun (he, she [singular], they [plural] needs it.

They're - A contraction meaning, "they are". If you want to make a sentence using this, make sure the there/their/they're that your using reflects upon who your talking about. Make sure saying "they are" makes sense within the sentence before you place it there.

I hate people like you.

Grammar perfectionists on a fashion forum are the greatest type of members.
August 17, 2012 @ 02:39 AM
HarborCo

Who else keeps there camps in a shoe box?

*their

same shit.

There - States a place of being. Shows that something is at a place and is telling the reader/listener where something is held or placed.

Their - A form of ownership. Something that they have with them, replace their with a name or proper noun. You could say, "I like Mike and Julie's dog." But with their, you could say, "I like their dog." It could show one or more than one person's ownership, whichever pronoun (he, she [singular], they [plural] needs it.

They're - A contraction meaning, "they are". If you want to make a sentence using this, make sure the there/their/they're that your using reflects upon who your talking about. Make sure saying "they are" makes sense within the sentence before you place it there.

I hate people like you.

Grammar perfectionists on a fashion forum are the greatest type of members.

I Couldn't agree more.

http://harbor.storenvy.com/

August 17, 2012 @ 03:02 AM
404 Not Found

Latest 5 panel. Really starting to feel floral patterns. Any relatively cheap suggestions?

film / skate

August 17, 2012 @ 03:07 AM
mproc

If you want constructive criticism, I think you should keep the clouds. It was honestly the only hat I was really that interested in.
August 17, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
SHARKlN

Rip n Dip drop tonight looks pretty sweet
August 17, 2012 @ 03:21 AM
magmar

If you want constructive criticism, I think you should keep the clouds. It was honestly they only hat I was really that interested in.

I'll keep that in mind. the reason I want to cut it out is because I have such little fabric of it and can only make three, max. and I would much rather make a larger quantity in the next drop. this allows me to have a good number in 7 caps with each of the four styles.
August 17, 2012 @ 03:26 AM
mproc

Is the manufacturer only allowing you to have 4 fabrics? Could you not just do the other four with 7 each and then 3 of the clouds?
August 17, 2012 @ 03:27 AM
mproc

BTW your tumblr link looks like it says Bright Light Shat Co
August 17, 2012 @ 03:30 AM
mproc

I was at a fabric store today looking for fabric for some pocket tees, and I picked up 1/3 a yard of this fabric. I'm using it on a black t shirt to make a pocket tee, but I'm sure it would look pretty nice on a hat.

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Jungle-Animals-on-Green-Leaf-Cotton-Fabric-Jungle_stcVVproductId149471052VVcatId539085VVviewprod.htm
August 17, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
magmar

haha thanks for pointing that out, never saw that. that's quite unfortunate. oh well.

I can have 5 designs but I'm trying to keep it as simple of a drop as I can. plus, i don't want to break the bank with this thing.
August 17, 2012 @ 03:36 AM
mproc

I understand. Just saying, the clouds is by far my favorite.
August 17, 2012 @ 03:55 AM
jetageoflotus

So who puts their camp caps in a shoe box?

One in the chamber, 32 in the clip.

August 17, 2012 @ 04:03 AM
Noluckie

What do you guys prefer, completely flat bill or curved bill?
depends on the way the hat looks, I have few that are more curved then others and they look amazing, I also have a few that are very flat and they look pretty good too. So I'm for either.

damn, i'm good.

August 17, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
InformalApparel

haha thanks for pointing that out, never saw that. that's quite unfortunate. oh well.

I can have 5 designs but I'm trying to keep it as simple of a drop as I can. plus, i don't want to break the bank with this thing.

i would cop the third if you made them, the clouds are awesome when done well

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198218 - Some Supreme and The Quiet Life FS (PM for all my others not listed)

August 17, 2012 @ 08:20 AM
somekindof

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make their own 5-panels, or at least knew where I could find a pattern or an educated person or something, lol.

I make my own, just measure the size of the panels from any 5panel, then experiment with the sizes until you find a perfect fit. It never works on the first try so you'll have to make a few prototypes.
Here's a pic of my first selfmade (I have more in the works): http://i45.tinypic.com/2djbwj.jpg
August 17, 2012 @ 03:47 PM
HarborCo

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make their own 5-panels, or at least knew where I could find a pattern or an educated person or something, lol.

I make my own, just measure the size of the panels from any 5panel, then experiment with the sizes until you find a perfect fit. It never works on the first try so you'll have to make a few prototypes.
Here's a pic of my first selfmade (I have more in the works): http://i45.tinypic.com/2djbwj.jpg

Bro once you get the hats made post pics.

August 17, 2012 @ 04:27 PM
somekindof

Hi everyone,

Bro once you get the hats made post pics.

I'm going to make 2 more, then I'll stop because I will be travelling for a year, pics from the 1st one will be up in a few hours.
August 17, 2012 @ 04:48 PM
leify23

for anyone who was interested before;

photo-215 by leify23, on Flickr

Also check out my sell feed, some of these caps for sale on there and other stuff you may be interested in

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/178865/#post-3617715

Instagram - LE11FFF

August 17, 2012 @ 06:22 PM
magmar

^ love your collection, nice variety.
August 17, 2012 @ 06:30 PM

Inactive

Damn. I made the mistake of not buying the Black Cosmos 5 from Reedspace online! They were instock yesterday but I held it off because of Rip n Dips drop tonight at midnight.

Can someone help me out to any online shops in North America that has them in stock right now?

Much appreciated.
August 17, 2012 @ 06:58 PM
somekindof

So here’s my newest self made camp. I think the overall quality is good (better than the first one) but not what it should be compared to the amount of effort I’ve put into it.
I used a different fusing so the shape and fit are better than the first one, but now it wrinkles at a few places.
The fabric is a very old deadstock print (around 1950 I think) I found in my grandma’s closet. Bill is basic corduroy.
also: 'some kind of...' is my brand name, just saying.

August 17, 2012 @ 07:06 PM

Inactive

^ Pure Talent.
August 17, 2012 @ 07:53 PM
magmar

^ that's amazing.
August 17, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
DaPark

^^^Lol'd at where you got the fabric but do you brah. Nice job tho

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

August 17, 2012 @ 09:26 PM
chrismagana

Cant decide whether i want to get it, as i have no idea how i love ugly sizing/shape is...... anyone on here have some and like/dislike them?

I have one, the fit and quality are both perfect imo.

anyone have this that theyd like to sell? i want i want.
August 17, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
jetageoflotus

Does anybody know how to clean corduroy?

August 17, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

Inactive

@jetageoflotus

Link
August 17, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
jetageoflotus

@donoh Thanks man. But should i put my camp cap in a washer machine?

August 17, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
HarborCo

@donoh Thanks man. But should i put my camp cap in a washer machine?

Yeah I've been wondering this for a while. How do you clean your caps?

Please login first to reply.