August 13, 2012 @ 05:33 AM
casablancats

@magmar and @jetageoflotus. I would seriously suggest both of you guys hire a designer. I really think someone who knows what they are doing could make something more appealing to the eye and make your hats stand out better.

A designer? We're just starting dude; we're not all professional so no shit it's not going to look good at first. We just have to give it some time.

Save up some money to do it right not shitty just to get it out there. Take some time to really finalize your designs and allow the creative process to work. Sure you may have some random people on an internet forum who say they will buy your hat because it is a trendy pattern but in an over saturated market of people who have the 'next up-and-coming streetwear brand' you have to find some way to delineate yourself from the pack. Using the first font you find in microsoft word and putting a line between the name and the city is one of the least original things around today. In addition to all this, getting someone with a better eye for design to do something that small and simple would not cost you much at all. Hell, I could even design something better than that for $10 as a studying graphic design student.

If a simple font and simple design will grab people's attention, so be it. Several brands out there that are making their way up have the most simplest designs of all, and of course, that's what's in; clean, simple, and not over-made. Excuse us for being 16 year old amateurs who are just trying out our ideas and accepting suggestions and solving our criticism.

If you can make something far more appealing then ours than awesome on your part. That's your opinion and I should respect that.
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the design but it also doesn't stand out. And yes many brands are using simple tags but don't use another brands' success to justify what you are doing. You said it yourself; clean and simple is [b]in[b], it is trendy but trends don't last forever, they come and go. Say in 6 months or a year every new start-up brand is using crazy designs because that is what is trendy then, but you are left in the dust because you followed a trend. No one starts a brand saying to themselves that they only want to do it for 2 years and then they are done, most people want their brand to last forever but in order to do that, you have to give every effort to make something that is timeless and is 'cool' all the time. Lastly, don't use your age as an excuse, I am 16 as well and in a similar circumstance trying to make a clothing label but I am taking my time to make something worth paying attention to not something that nobody cares about 3 months from now when seasons change. You have all the time in the world to make your hats so take your time and do it as best as you can the first time around rather than half-assing it and losing money.

Chill. Don't get all worked up to prove your point. This isn't something to even argue about.

And seriously, the age wasn't even used as an excuse or a cry for attention so relax.

word. I wish you the best of luck as you try to create a brand and make money rather than lose it smile

Will try, thanks for the support (:
August 13, 2012 @ 06:04 AM
jetageoflotus

What about I Love Ugly?

One in the chamber, 32 in the clip.

August 13, 2012 @ 06:39 AM
northwest

anyone cop this? opinions on how it looks? quality?

August 13, 2012 @ 07:13 AM
1nce*

Everyone and their mommas making camps now lol

August 13, 2012 @ 07:41 AM
jetageoflotus

anyone cop this? opinions on how it looks? quality?

Got it couple of days ago. Its fits nice on my head not deep. Its a little flimsy not that much unless you like swat it down while holding it. but it holds it shape when you hold it so yeahh idk if im making since. i like it looks way better in person than in photos.

August 13, 2012 @ 08:02 AM
lordwalrus

dont care too much really but since when did fresh out the box 'brands' start on custom 5 panels... and not... tshirts and stickers? really?
August 13, 2012 @ 11:05 AM
gooch

i had to.......
August 13, 2012 @ 11:22 AM
Triangle

i had to.......

115? Shit bruh, that's heavy.
August 13, 2012 @ 12:01 PM
the_junglist

i had to.......

dig the mushroom print, but i'm not a big fan of white camps. you'd think the print would cover more of the hat too (or they just chose a really poor example for the photo).
August 13, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
InformalApparel

dont care too much really but since when did fresh out the box 'brands' start on custom 5 panels... and not... tshirts and stickers? really?

since these brands started coming up to be aimed at making custom 5 panels instead of following the crowd like sheep and starting off first doing what everyone else does. maybe they want to be seen differently to all these other people by their conventions in brand design today. who says its required to follow the way other brands did to get in the market than to find your own inspirations and let them lead you to where you are trying to reach.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198218 - Some Supreme and The Quiet Life FS (PM for all my others not listed)

August 13, 2012 @ 04:07 PM
pusherman

Sold my other 16 camps and kept all the good'uns, got a Decades big top city from the vintage series and Blacksmith Skate Co panel on the way
August 13, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
chads

Sold my other 16 camps and kept all the good'uns, got a Decades big top city from the vintage series and Blacksmith Skate Co panel on the way

ugh, that Only 5 panel, so nice, would you be willing to sell it?

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 13, 2012 @ 04:25 PM
SHARKlN

that green huf outback is nice, im kickin myself for not buyin it last year
August 13, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
brocal

Yeah Im so jealous that only cap is heavenly

i had to.......

dig the mushroom print, but i'm not a big fan of white camps. you'd think the print would cover more of the hat too (or they just chose a really poor example for the photo).

yeah I had to as well, so excited, especially cuz I wasn't expecting them to release the shrooms camp for another day even the store owner who I emailed me said it wouldn't release till 4 am tonight New York time. cool
August 13, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
Rufus

really nice far right bottom row, OG Norse Projects?

Instagram - LE11FFF

August 13, 2012 @ 07:20 PM
jacobsever

That shroom hat is ugly. I wish I would have pulled the trigger on the Mint Flower, that's one of the most beautiful hats I've ever seen. Think I might grab that paisley/horseman one for 75.

August 13, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
sandz

I like this alot better then the donegal, its from the upcomming spring line, some really really good stuff in it

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ShopandSwapLTD // http://instagram.com/l73_ For sale - http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/210537#4242476

August 13, 2012 @ 08:56 PM
jetageoflotus

so nice^^^
im dig these more than the supremes

August 13, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
AmericanLegend

those new huf hats look real nice , when does Dqm drop stuff cus I like their 5 panels

taste the glamour

August 13, 2012 @ 09:07 PM
jetageoflotus

these is sick

August 13, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
AmericanLegend

ew

taste the glamour

August 13, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
chads

link to where you finding this?

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 13, 2012 @ 10:37 PM
hypreme

I like this alot better then the donegal, its from the upcomming spring line, some really really good stuff in it

any word on when these are dropping? cool

http://werobthieves.tumblr.com/

August 13, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
AmericanLegend

spring 2013 ^

taste the glamour

August 13, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
gooch

wantd that big city cap. when are decades dropping their rereleases etc?

That shroom hat is ugly. I wish I would have pulled the trigger on the Mint Flower, that's one of the most beautiful hats I've ever seen. Think I might grab that paisley/horseman one for 75.

you do that bro
August 14, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
thedecades

Storm Shadow 5 panel releasing with our fall 1 collection
August 14, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
HarborCo

Where can I get me one o these bad boys? I have been looking all over

http://harbor.storenvy.com/

August 14, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
wehatelondon

suspended

instagram-wehatelondon youtube-nicholasmcfly2800