FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
August 12, 2012 @ 06:52 PM
jetageoflotus

So im seeing people help out Bright Lights with the Logo. what do you guys think of mine?

Both black and white will go on different caps if i can.

One in the chamber, 32 in the clip.

August 12, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
AmericanLegend

I am not really feeling that name dude "Disposible"

taste the glamour

August 12, 2012 @ 08:54 PM
AmericanLegend

Try America

taste the glamour

August 12, 2012 @ 08:54 PM
AmericanLegend

Or USA

taste the glamour

August 12, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
kuntakinte

@magmar 1 for sure
August 12, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
leify23

Yeah me neither seems to basic

Instagram - LE11FFF

August 12, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
magmar

So im seeing people help out Bright Lights with the Logo. what do you guys think of mine?

Both black and white will go on different caps if i can.

if I would have to choose, i would go with the black text on white. it's much easier on the eyes I think.
August 12, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
Jet Jaguar

almost have my cap collection on the way to production. still tossing some ideas around but this may or may not be making it's way in. thoughts?

Not a hat person, but I'd buy this just because I love platypuses lol
EDIT

OMG OMG THAT AND A TAN SUEDE BRIM AND IT IS PERFECT!!!

This
August 12, 2012 @ 09:42 PM
chads

@magmar and @jetageoflotus. I would seriously suggest both of you guys hire a designer. I really think someone who knows what they are doing could make something more appealing to the eye and make your hats stand out better.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 12, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
AmericanLegend

They probably dn't have the guap bro they're just starting up

taste the glamour

August 12, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
jetageoflotus

Supreme is basic...

just saying

August 12, 2012 @ 10:31 PM
casablancats

@magmar and @jetageoflotus. I would seriously suggest both of you guys hirer a designer. I really think someone who knows what they are doing could make something more appealing to the eye and make your hats stand out better.

A designer? We're just starting dude; we're not all professional so no shit it's not going to look good at first. We just have to give it some time.
August 12, 2012 @ 11:49 PM
mikeaz

What are some companies that make the deepest/most open 5 panels? I have a huge head. The ClichexHuf cap that came out a while back fits me perfectly and I have a Cliche Wallace Cap that fits nicely too. I got one of the new Rip n Dip navy caps but its too stiff and doesn't go down far enough on my head. Any suggestions?
August 13, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
yungsteveyfranchise

@magmar cant go wrong with 1 or 2 and i really like that disposable one
August 13, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
teows

@mikeaz Dramamine LA has some deep camps. Unfortunately they're all out of stock atm.
August 13, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
chads

@magmar and @jetageoflotus. I would seriously suggest both of you guys hire a designer. I really think someone who knows what they are doing could make something more appealing to the eye and make your hats stand out better.

A designer? We're just starting dude; we're not all professional so no shit it's not going to look good at first. We just have to give it some time.

Save up some money to do it right not shitty just to get it out there. Take some time to really finalize your designs and allow the creative process to work. Sure you may have some random people on an internet forum who say they will buy your hat because it is a trendy pattern but in an over saturated market of people who have the 'next up-and-coming streetwear brand' you have to find some way to delineate yourself from the pack. Using the first font you find in microsoft word and putting a line between the name and the city is one of the least original things around today. In addition to all this, getting someone with a better eye for design to do something that small and simple would not cost you much at all. Hell, I could even design something better than that for $10 as a studying graphic design student.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 13, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
casablancats

Save up some money to do it right not shitty just to get it out there. Take some time to really finalize your designs and allow the creative process to work. Sure you may have some random people on an internet forum who say they will buy your hat because it is a trendy pattern but in an over saturated market of people who have the 'next up-and-coming streetwear brand' you have to find some way to delineate yourself from the pack. Using the first font you find in microsoft word and putting a line between the name and the city is one of the least original things around today. In addition to all this, getting someone with a better eye for design to do something that small and simple would not cost you much at all. Hell, I could even design something better than that for $10 as a studying graphic design student.

If a simple font and simple design will grab people's attention, so be it. Several brands out there that are making their way up have the most simplest designs of all, and of course, that's what's in; clean, simple, and not over-made. Excuse us for being 16 year old amateurs who are just trying out our ideas and accepting suggestions and solving our criticism.

If you can make something far more appealing then ours than awesome on your part. That's your opinion and I should respect that.
August 13, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
teows

No one wants to hire a designer when they first start out. That's the thrill of starting your own brand. Throwing ideas out there and seeing them come to life.
August 13, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
leify23

I think this dude has a point tbh. He isnt really saying a total overhaul is needed but a differing idea and touch here and there could really make and break your designs. I think the best thing is not to rush and think about the logo and design etc or the brand 'motif'...you dont want to start off with a logo and then be changing it 6 months down the line because its shitty...that takes away any work you did gaining fans and getting your brand recognisable. Time and effort has to be put in to cover these bases, if that means getting a little design help it could prove indespensable in the long run.

Instagram - LE11FFF

August 13, 2012 @ 01:54 AM
SHARKlN

lots of great five panels out now

and the focus of this thread is on bedroom brands that dont even have samples yet..

let's get back on track
August 13, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
branny

I'm thinking of constructing 6 panel polo caps with the same closure on camp caps instead of strapbacks what do you think about doing this?
August 13, 2012 @ 02:15 AM
chads

If a simple font and simple design will grab people's attention, so be it. Several brands out there that are making their way up have the most simplest designs of all, and of course, that's what's in; clean, simple, and not over-made. Excuse us for being 16 year old amateurs who are just trying out our ideas and accepting suggestions and solving our criticism.

If you can make something far more appealing then ours than awesome on your part. That's your opinion and I should respect that.
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the design but it also doesn't stand out. And yes many brands are using simple tags but don't use another brands' success to justify what you are doing. You said it yourself; clean and simple is [b]in[b], it is trendy but trends don't last forever, they come and go. Say in 6 months or a year every new start-up brand is using crazy designs because that is what is trendy then, but you are left in the dust because you followed a trend. No one starts a brand saying to themselves that they only want to do it for 2 years and then they are done, most people want their brand to last forever but in order to do that, you have to give every effort to make something that is timeless and is 'cool' all the time. Lastly, don't use your age as an excuse, I am 16 as well and in a similar circumstance trying to make a clothing label but I am taking my time to make something worth paying attention to not something that nobody cares about 3 months from now when seasons change. You have all the time in the world to make your hats so take your time and do it as best as you can the first time around rather than half-assing it and losing money.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 13, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
chads

I think this dude has a point tbh. He isnt really saying a total overhaul is needed but a differing idea and touch here and there could really make and break your designs. I think the best thing is not to rush and think about the logo and design etc or the brand 'motif'...you dont want to start off with a logo and then be changing it 6 months down the line because its shitty...that takes away any work you did gaining fans and getting your brand recognisable. Time and effort has to be put in to cover these bases, if that means getting a little design help it could prove indespensable in the long run.

I can tell you understand exactly what I'm saying. thanks

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 13, 2012 @ 02:26 AM
AmericanLegend

@chadacadabra who cares about all that shit theyre obviously not professional
If it works then cool if it doesnt it'll help them learn and change and improve

taste the glamour

August 13, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
casablancats

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the design but it also doesn't stand out. And yes many brands are using simple tags but don't use another brands' success to justify what you are doing. You said it yourself; clean and simple is [b]in[b], it is trendy but trends don't last forever, they come and go. Say in 6 months or a year every new start-up brand is using crazy designs because that is what is trendy then, but you are left in the dust because you followed a trend. No one starts a brand saying to themselves that they only want to do it for 2 years and then they are done, most people want their brand to last forever but in order to do that, you have to give every effort to make something that is timeless and is 'cool' all the time. Lastly, don't use your age as an excuse, I am 16 as well and in a similar circumstance trying to make a clothing label but I am taking my time to make something worth paying attention to not something that nobody cares about 3 months from now when seasons change. You have all the time in the world to make your hats so take your time and do it as best as you can the first time around rather than half-assing it and losing money.

Chill. Don't get all worked up to prove your point. This isn't something to even argue about.

And seriously, the age wasn't even used as an excuse or a cry for attention so relax.
August 13, 2012 @ 02:37 AM
AmericanLegend

Supreme is basic...

just saying

Basic is fine
But supreme and disposible are 2 very different words
when people read the WORD (not talking about the brand) supreme the connotation they get is "the best" and other stuff like that but when I read the word Disposible, its weak bro, It doesn't have a ring to it. It wouldn't look good as a logo or anything man. No offense. Basic is good but "disposible" as a brand name just doesnt like work for me I guess. Keep trying dude seriously you could come up with something better.

taste the glamour

August 13, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
jetageoflotus

Supreme is basic...

just saying

Basic is fine
when people read the WORD (not talking about the brand) supreme the connotation they get is "the best" and other stuff like that but when I read the word Disposible, its weak bro, It doesn't have a ring to it. It wouldn't look good as a logo or anything man. No offense. Basic is good but "disposible" as a brand name just doesnt like work for me I guess. Keep trying dude seriously you could come up with something better.

I get you man. But the reason why i choose the name was cause its different and something way out there. I mean its an ironic name. I just think that something different is needed. Yeah there brands that use "bright" or "happy" (you could say) names like hundreds, supreme, diamond, decades, etc. Just thought it was different and much more out there which i like of the name.

August 13, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
SHARKlN

let's get back on track

go buy this
free shipping worldwide
August 13, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
AmericanLegend

Supreme is basic...

just saying

Basic is fine

I get you man. But the reason why i choose the name was cause its different and something way out there. I mean its an ironic name. I just think that something different is needed. Yeah there brands that use "bright" or "happy" (you could say) names like hundreds, supreme, diamond, decades, etc. Just thought it was different and much more out there which i like of the name.

Those brands you named like hundreds, supreme, etc theyre names are cool and out there but just because it's different or out there doesnt mean its good. You could choose something that is "out there" but good. If you really like the name then do it but im teling you man it just doesnt have that ring brand names should have

taste the glamour

August 13, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
chads

Chill. Don't get all worked up to prove your point. This isn't something to even argue about.

And seriously, the age wasn't even used as an excuse or a cry for attention so relax.

word. I wish you the best of luck as you try to create a brand and make money rather than lose it smile

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.