August 11, 2012 @ 06:58 PM
jetageoflotus

alright guys, here's my little launch of my sites. I will be writing updates on my tumblr, and facebook as well as keeping this thread updated.

I chose the name Bright Lights (hat co.), hope you guys like it. Don't think I have enough substance to start a brand thread yet so I'm choosing to make my small brand debut here in this thread where it all started. Feel free to like us on facebook, follow on tumblr, and spread the word, it really would mean a lot to me.

Bright Lights Tumblr

Bright Lights Facebook

Thanks,
James/magmar

i like your ideas and your stuff, but create a better patch bro !
This one sucks

Yer I wouldn't really want the Vancouver written across the patch too much, will that be on there?

To be honest i like it.

One in the chamber, 32 in the clip.

August 11, 2012 @ 07:13 PM
leify23

alright guys, here's my little launch of my sites. I will be writing updates on my tumblr, and facebook as well as keeping this thread updated.

I chose the name Bright Lights (hat co.), hope you guys like it. Don't think I have enough substance to start a brand thread yet so I'm choosing to make my small brand debut here in this thread where it all started. Feel free to like us on facebook, follow on tumblr, and spread the word, it really would mean a lot to me.

Bright Lights Tumblr

Bright Lights Facebook

Thanks,
James/magmar

Patch is way to plain and boring. Your ideas are cool but it looks like a microsoft word font. You need something to liven it up like a motif or hallmark of your brand. Maybe different colour fonts for different hats? i dunno just something is missing. Im by no means hating though, some good ideas

Instagram - LE11FFF

August 11, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
somekindof

Bright Lights Tumblr

Bright Lights Facebook

Thanks,
James/magmar

i like your ideas and your stuff, but create a better patch bro !
This one sucks

Yer I wouldn't really want the Vancouver written across the patch too much, will that be on there?

To be honest i like it.

I like it too, it's simple and clean, keep this one.
August 11, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
magmar

i really appreciate all the constructive criticism. by any means, nothing is set in stone just yet. I may even go with a leather patch on the front instead of a woven one. keep in mind I'm just one kid doing all of this and I have no prior experience with designing (as you can tell). I'm treating this as a learning experience and if some people like the label, great, if some people don't, i can't please everyone. but I'll see what I can do.

(and yes, I do want the "Vancouver" in there)

and please keep the criticism civil and constructive in a way that you all can help me improve. I'm completely new to this and it's a pretty big venture to pursue on my own.

Thanks
August 11, 2012 @ 11:29 PM
mproc

I actually think a leather patch, or something the same color as the suede bills would be pretty dope.
August 12, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
michaeldornay

Bright Lights Tumblr

Bright Lights Facebook

Thanks,
James/magmar

I like it. I think it looks awesome
August 12, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
tsandy

almost have my cap collection on the way to production. still tossing some ideas around but this may or may not be making it's way in. thoughts?
August 12, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
mproc

Platypodes are my favorite animal.
August 12, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
tiberius93

the patch is okay, maybe just a border around it will finish it off (i guess the stitching on the patch will do that though).. one of the logos on your facebook had a better font though, keep the vancouver, gotta rep where you're from haha

UFO's and Paradiddles.

August 12, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
childtherapist

almost have my cap collection on the way to production. still tossing some ideas around but this may or may not be making it's way in. thoughts?

I love this pattern. Would cop.
August 12, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
chads

OMG OMG THAT AND A TAN SUEDE BRIM AND IT IS PERFECT!!!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 12, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
magmar

alright guys, nice and simple this time. what do you think of this one as a woven label?
this was actually one of my earlier "designs" (if you can call it that lol) I used it basically as a base to change it however I want but it seems like many people prefer this one. let me know what you guys think.
August 12, 2012 @ 04:12 AM
jetageoflotus

alright guys, nice and simple this time. what do you think of this one as a woven label?
this was actually one of my earlier "designs" (if you can call it that lol) I used it basically as a base to change it however I want but it seems like many people prefer this one. let me know what you guys think.

idk i like the other one more.... it looks more classy yall know?
but it still cool. both are, just that i like the classy look.

August 12, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
cityofsavages

rare animal choice, interested to see how this turns out.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

August 12, 2012 @ 04:16 AM
tsandy

that one for sure. it definitely looks way cleaner than the other one.
August 12, 2012 @ 04:19 AM
magmar

definitely use this. awesome.
August 12, 2012 @ 04:24 AM
waquaxy

I payed cheap for the fuct. But the shady shord has it moments for sure.
August 12, 2012 @ 05:25 AM
404 Not Found

Just Copped.

film / skate

August 12, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
InformalApparel

great pattern and color, insta approve

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198218 - Some Supreme and The Quiet Life FS (PM for all my others not listed)

August 12, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
workaholic

Lurk Hard with a new 5 panel on the wake

Free country? I should fuck you up for saying that

August 12, 2012 @ 06:32 AM
InformalApparel

i would like this one more, the VANCOUVER being uniform like that i can dig, maybe with inverted colors? the white writing for bright lights on the black sits really well. a sydney guy livin in denver rockin vancouver, i can learn to like it.

just thought, maybe play with the B and S at the end of Lights and see if it looks good to make them a little bigger, either have the centers true or the top of the letters true. just a thought to create a little vertical aspect to the logo (as it looks very horizontal now), might not work though, just been playin around with it and verbalising what i kind of liked

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198218 - Some Supreme and The Quiet Life FS (PM for all my others not listed)

August 12, 2012 @ 07:02 AM
kaleljorel71

if anyone has an I love Ugly lulu cap, hit me up
August 12, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

Inactive

Nice to see many small brands risings in the 5 Panel game. Good on you guys.

-Supporter.
August 12, 2012 @ 12:32 PM
magmar

awesome dude from NZ hooked me up with a label design. thoughts? (it's #1), and also which you prefer out of the three?
August 12, 2012 @ 01:33 PM
bl0wj

#1 is the cleanest font
August 12, 2012 @ 03:36 PM
Fisticuffs

#1 is perfect.
August 12, 2012 @ 04:43 PM
kaleljorel71

found some dope 5 panels here, havent heard of the brand until today

http://www.jiberish.com/index2.cfm
August 12, 2012 @ 05:01 PM
raszamal

Yeah number 1 is better !
August 12, 2012 @ 05:15 PM
mynameiszero

number 2 all day. looks clean n simple.
August 12, 2012 @ 06:52 PM
jetageoflotus

So im seeing people help out Bright Lights with the Logo. what do you guys think of mine?

Both black and white will go on different caps if i can.

Please login first to reply.