Official 5 Panels/ Camp Caps Thread

July 22, 2012 @ 15:35:12
It's hard to find a manufacturer who does small amounts of caps. I recently got these made for my brand (exactly same fit as I Love Ugly, Vic etc.).

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/previewclothing | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

July 22, 2012 @ 16:26:55
I'd definitely buy some of those 5 panels if they had a suede brim.
July 22, 2012 @ 18:06:08

They still have that left in stock, but I can't justify $81 for a hat. It's pretty though.

July 22, 2012 @ 18:42:07
I also wanted to start doing my own 5 panels but I have no idea where to start. :/
July 22, 2012 @ 18:48:54
It's hard to find a manufacturer who does small amounts of caps. I recently got these made for my brand (exactly same fit as I Love Ugly, Vic etc.).

What is your manufacturer and how big are your batches of hats
July 22, 2012 @ 19:06:03

Secret. Patches are around 3cm high, can't remember the width but I think it's something around 4cm to 4,5cm.

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/previewclothing | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

July 22, 2012 @ 19:23:38
Yo, I know everybody is on this idea of manufacturing camps, so here it goes. I have been designing my camp cap for about 4 months now, and I am stuck at the very last point, finding a clasp with the nylon belt for the back of the hat (the buckle) I am not planning on finding a manufacturer, so I am wondering if anybody can point me to a store/ website that will sell me the same type of small buckles for a camp cap, of course, i do not want to pay for them in bulk, (500 pcs or more) . Thanks for the help!
July 22, 2012 @ 19:27:16
I like your style my friend. having a brown suede brim would be ideal for me. as for the fabrics, I like your above one with the grizzlies and moose, I also have one similar in mind
that bear fabric is straight heat. if you make all these i could see you having no problem selling them on here.
July 22, 2012 @ 19:50:05

Secret. Patches are around 3cm high, can't remember the width but I think it's something around 4cm to 4,5cm.

These caps are dope though dude.
July 22, 2012 @ 20:32:51
sick hats. love the logo. a bit pricey though.
July 22, 2012 @ 20:56:38
sick hats. love the logo. a bit pricey though.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! Those camp caps are not cheap to produce + all the costs from customs fees & taxes (VAT 23%) in Finland.

July 22, 2012 @ 21:02:17

They still have that left in stock, but I can't justify $81 for a hat. It's pretty though.

what brand is this?

Instagram - LE11FFF

July 22, 2012 @ 21:13:46
(Invalid img)
so sick but it's rape with shipping. how come all these sick hats have to be from other countries?
July 22, 2012 @ 21:32:40

@breshco, do they make the patches for you too? if I'm gonna get around to making some I gotta think ahead

also, how much did it cost to make per hat if you don't mind me asking? you can pm me if you want.
July 22, 2012 @ 21:33:42

what brand is this?

Sly Guild.

July 22, 2012 @ 22:06:08

@breshco, do they make the patches for you too? if I'm gonna get around to making some I gotta think ahead

also, how much did it cost to make per hat if you don't mind me asking? you can pm me if you want.

Pm me too, if it's okay for me to ask.
July 22, 2012 @ 22:46:10

Inactive User

(Invalid img)
July 23, 2012 @ 03:08:34
wow, so it looks like my dream might become reality. I've gotten into contact with a manufacturer (will not tell) and the price is really reasonable. now I'm in the process of picking out some fabrics to send their way for production to start. what I'm fairly firm on doing is 4 prints, (some of which you may have seen above) with brown (faux)suede brims and extremely limited runs, 5-6 each.

all I need now is a brand name. Don't think I'll be doing any advertising much other than forums and maybe a facebook + tumblr page. wow, can't believe this can actually happen for me.
July 23, 2012 @ 03:20:03
wow, so it looks like my dream might become reality. I've gotten into contact with a manufacturer (will not tell) and the price is really reasonable. now I'm in the process of picking out some fabrics to send their way for production to start. what I'm fairly firm on doing is 4 prints, (some of which you may have seen above) with brown (faux)suede brims and extremely limited runs, 5-6 each.

all I need now is a brand name. Don't think I'll be doing any advertising much other than forums and maybe a facebook + tumblr page. wow, can't believe this can actually happen for me.

Damn, I've been trying to do the same thing, what's the manufacturers name? can you pm it to me please?
July 23, 2012 @ 03:34:27

what ever you do keep it simple. kills me when i see nice five panels with hideous logos on the front. i prefer leather patch logos but it's your deal. hit me up when you have them made i can't wait to get my hands on a few of them.
July 23, 2012 @ 03:38:18
@magmar I'll definitely be on the fence for your releases. Good luck with finding a brand name fam. smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface
July 23, 2012 @ 03:41:53

what ever you do keep it simple. kills me when i see nice five panels with hideous logos on the front. i prefer leather patch logos but it's your deal. hit me up when you have them made i can't wait to get my hands on a few of them.

im probably going to use a small woven patch on the front, black text, white background. the type basically all brands have used but it's simple and will probably get the job done. I was hesitant for a leather patch because the weight might be awkward on the relatively thin printed fabric I'll be using.
July 23, 2012 @ 03:46:28
im probably going to use a small woven patch on the front, black text, white background. the type basically all brands have used but it's simple and will probably get the job done. I was hesitant for a leather patch because the weight might be awkward on the relatively thin printed fabric I'll be using.
you could just get a really thin leather patch. my ripndip cap is made out of pretty thin material and the leather patch doesn't weight it down or anything.
July 23, 2012 @ 04:03:42
I know we all love 5 panels, and I know we all hope to hell that they don't explode to big scale mall brands. Pray.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

July 23, 2012 @ 04:32:27
I know we all love 5 panels, and I know we all hope to hell that they don't explode to big scale mall brands. Pray.

it's already begun.
July 23, 2012 @ 04:35:06

Obey, Diamond
July 23, 2012 @ 04:35:12
July 23, 2012 @ 05:26:30
had to scrap some fabrics due to a change of mind and figuring out the dimensions. like the owls, I checked how big they were and they are 5" tall, freaking huge.

it's amazing how many identical fabrics you come across that have been used by other brands. trying my darndest not to "copy" them.
July 23, 2012 @ 06:27:40
If you could find a print similar to this...

smokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyface
July 23, 2012 @ 07:00:28

after looking at those prints. if they go sale to public im definately gonna buy one of your hats.
how much do you think they will cost?
Please login first to reply.
x