Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 22, 2012 @ 01:34 AM
chads

These would be dope on a hat! Have you found these patterns at a local fabric store?

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
nikebridge

is this kid selling legit caps?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Hats-/52365/i.html?_stpos=&_fcid=192&gbr=1&_localstpos=&_clu=2&_ssn=croatianstyle

@conductor definetly!!
July 22, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
nikebridge

I got a brand new DQM fishing lures camp for sale....hit my PM if interested...saw the pic floatin on this thread a bit so
July 22, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
magmar

@chadacadabra, these are from online but i bet if i check local fabric stores I would find a ton of amazing fabrics. but again, this is all early stuff and ideas that have been floating around my head. really can't do anything if that manufacturer can't make them for me. plus, being a full time student with a part time minimum wage job, I can't afford investing a lot of money into this. This is mostly me trying to make some awesome hats for myself to wear and giving some dope hats to other people as a byproduct of that.
July 22, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
chads

@chadacadabra, these are from online but i bet if i check local fabric stores I would find a ton of amazing fabrics. but again, this is all early stuff and ideas that have been floating around my head. really can't do anything if that manufacturer can't make them for me. plus, being a full time student with a part time minimum wage job, I can't afford investing a lot of money into this. This is mostly me trying to make some awesome hats for myself to wear and giving some dope hats to other people as a byproduct of that.

I feel you on this, I'm in the same boat, not a lot of money, not a lot of time but would love to just make some cool stuff for myself and the few others that are interested. I am doing that at the moment with tees, granted printing shirts is much easier than manufacturing hats but its something for me to do and have fun with.
And as for the fabric, def look in local stores, you would be surprised where you would find some really cool and unusual fabrics.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 @ 05:40 AM
Zzzz

^yeah, I just emailed a local hat manufacturer from where I'm from (canada) just to see if they would do it. I just want to do a limited batch with patterns that I would want to wear (emphasis on the "I") and maybe make less than 10 hats of each style, keep one for myself and sell the rest if anyone would be interested. I have my eye on some fabrics but of course, I'd have to make at least a small profit or it wouldn't be worth it.
I'd probably buy from you if the design was good

here are a few prints I was thinking of using for the crown and maybe a solid brim since that's the kind of style I like.

let me know what you think.

I really like the second at last one if they came out well and price was ok i would be interested.
July 22, 2012 @ 06:49 AM
tsandy

i would buy all three of those if they had a brown suede brim they would be insane.
July 22, 2012 @ 06:56 AM
tsandy

@magmar what do you think about this?
with this on the bill or tan suede.
July 22, 2012 @ 08:29 AM
corruptyouth

does anyone know how much it costs approximately for a manufacturer to make one hat? I'm playing around with the idea of making some caps in small quantities and I'm just wondering. I'll be providing my own fabric for the crown for them to use, what's a usual cost per hat? i can only afford making a small quantity maybe around 20 hats, will manufacturers even do that little?

hats usually cost 5-10 per hat, depending on the quantity, so it will probably be like $10 per hat for only 20. ur ideas are cool tho, so u'll probably make more than u spend.

www.corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com

July 22, 2012 @ 12:07 PM
magmar

i would buy all three of those if they had a brown suede brim they would be insane.

I like your style my friend. having a brown suede brim would be ideal for me. as for the fabrics, I like your above one with the grizzlies and moose, I also have one similar in mind
July 22, 2012 @ 12:17 PM
magmar

does anyone know generally how many hat crowns can be made with one yard of fabric around 40" wide?
July 22, 2012 @ 12:30 PM
somekindof

@magmar hey man i kinda do the same as you smile i scoop up vintage fabrics and try to make 5pans out of it, i just do that with my mom's sewing machine, all works except for attaching the brim, so i need to find a solution for that smile
for your question: if you puzzle a bit, you can make a hat crown (so no brim) out of an A3 sized piece of fabric (42cmx29,7cm = 16.5inx11.7in) hope this helps smile
July 22, 2012 @ 02:40 PM
chiefy

I like your style my friend. having a brown suede brim would be ideal for me. as for the fabrics, I like your above one with the grizzlies and moose, I also have one similar in mind

that material would look straight piff with a suede brim
July 22, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
HarborCo

^yeah, I just emailed a local hat manufacturer from where I'm from (canada) just to see if they would do it. I just want to do a limited batch with patterns that I would want to wear (emphasis on the "I") and maybe make less than 10 hats of each style, keep one for myself and sell the rest if anyone would be interested. I have my eye on some fabrics but of course, I'd have to make at least a small profit or it wouldn't be worth it.
I'd probably buy from you if the design was good

here are a few prints I was thinking of using for the crown and maybe a solid brim since that's the kind of style I like.

Shit dude I am digging that owl print.

http://harbor.storenvy.com/

July 22, 2012 @ 02:56 PM
HarborCo

Someone should start a new thread for people who want to make 5 panels

July 22, 2012 @ 03:35 PM
breshco

It's hard to find a manufacturer who does small amounts of caps. I recently got these made for my brand (exactly same fit as I Love Ugly, Vic etc.).

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

July 22, 2012 @ 04:26 PM
mproc

I'd definitely buy some of those 5 panels if they had a suede brim.
July 22, 2012 @ 06:06 PM
jacobsever

They still have that left in stock, but I can't justify $81 for a hat. It's pretty though.

July 22, 2012 @ 06:42 PM
mman200

I also wanted to start doing my own 5 panels but I have no idea where to start. :/
July 22, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
HarborCo

It's hard to find a manufacturer who does small amounts of caps. I recently got these made for my brand (exactly same fit as I Love Ugly, Vic etc.).

What is your manufacturer and how big are your batches of hats

July 22, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
breshco

Secret. Patches are around 3cm high, can't remember the width but I think it's something around 4cm to 4,5cm.

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

July 22, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
snifflesthebear

Yo, I know everybody is on this idea of manufacturing camps, so here it goes. I have been designing my camp cap for about 4 months now, and I am stuck at the very last point, finding a clasp with the nylon belt for the back of the hat (the buckle) I am not planning on finding a manufacturer, so I am wondering if anybody can point me to a store/ website that will sell me the same type of small buckles for a camp cap, of course, i do not want to pay for them in bulk, (500 pcs or more) . Thanks for the help!
July 22, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
tsandy

that bear fabric is straight heat. if you make all these i could see you having no problem selling them on here.
July 22, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
HarborCo

Secret. Patches are around 3cm high, can't remember the width but I think it's something around 4cm to 4,5cm.

These caps are dope though dude.

July 22, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
tsandy

sick hats. love the logo. a bit pricey though.
July 22, 2012 @ 08:56 PM
breshco

sick hats. love the logo. a bit pricey though.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! Those camp caps are not cheap to produce + all the costs from customs fees & taxes (VAT 23%) in Finland.

July 22, 2012 @ 09:02 PM
leify23

They still have that left in stock, but I can't justify $81 for a hat. It's pretty though.

what brand is this?

Instagram - LE11FFF

July 22, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
tsandy

so sick but it's rape with shipping. how come all these sick hats have to be from other countries?
July 22, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
magmar

@breshco, do they make the patches for you too? if I'm gonna get around to making some I gotta think ahead

also, how much did it cost to make per hat if you don't mind me asking? you can pm me if you want.
July 22, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
jacobsever

what brand is this?

Sly Guild.

Please login first to reply.