Official 5 Panels/ Camp Caps Thread

July 21, 2012 @ 23:09:07
^yeah, I just emailed a local hat manufacturer from where I'm from (canada) just to see if they would do it. I just want to do a limited batch with patterns that I would want to wear (emphasis on the "I") and maybe make less than 10 hats of each style, keep one for myself and sell the rest if anyone would be interested. I have my eye on some fabrics but of course, I'd have to make at least a small profit or it wouldn't be worth it.
July 21, 2012 @ 23:42:17
is this kid selling legit caps?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Hats-/52365/i.html?_stpos=&_fcid=192&gbr=1&_localstpos=&_clu=2&_ssn=croatianstyle
July 21, 2012 @ 23:53:20
If you missed out on the Benny Gold Native camp line, I'm pretty sure they restocked. I can add the camps to my cart and everything.
July 22, 2012 @ 00:05:44
If you missed out on the Benny Gold Native camp line, I'm pretty sure they restocked. I can add the camps to my cart and everything.

damn, right after i just bought the huf native brim too.
July 22, 2012 @ 00:12:43

damn, right after i just bought the huf native brim too.

I'm actually thinking about picking one up this week. Which color did you get?
July 22, 2012 @ 00:21:05
^black, would have gotten the maroon but wasnt feeling the color of the brim
July 22, 2012 @ 00:23:11
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Hats-/52365/i.html?_stpos=&_fcid=192&gbr=1&_localstpos=&_clu=2&_ssn=croatianstyle

Yeah. I've bought a couple camps off him in the past, everything has been legit. Plus he advertises everything as authentic, so if you somehow got a fake you'd get a refund.
July 22, 2012 @ 00:43:38

nice avatar.... not

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

July 22, 2012 @ 00:49:22
^black, would have gotten the maroon but wasnt feeling the color of the brim

Yeah I'll probably think about picking that one up too. I ordered one of the floral caps from them last Thursday.
July 22, 2012 @ 01:05:33
^yeah, I just emailed a local hat manufacturer from where I'm from (canada) just to see if they would do it. I just want to do a limited batch with patterns that I would want to wear (emphasis on the "I") and maybe make less than 10 hats of each style, keep one for myself and sell the rest if anyone would be interested. I have my eye on some fabrics but of course, I'd have to make at least a small profit or it wouldn't be worth it.
I'd probably buy from you if the design was good
July 22, 2012 @ 01:13:11

here are a few prints I was thinking of using for the crown and maybe a solid brim since that's the kind of style I like.

let me know what you think.
July 22, 2012 @ 01:15:36
Those would look nice on a pocket tee smokeyface

Yes.

July 22, 2012 @ 01:20:36

here are a few prints I was thinking of using for the crown and maybe a solid brim since that's the kind of style I like.

That pattern with a tan brim like the Supreme floral would be tight. Insta-buy for me.
July 22, 2012 @ 01:32:52

Would you mind PMing me with that info, I also wanna hear their response.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 @ 01:33:28

croatianstyle is one of the most legit resellers on the interwebs

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 @ 01:34:53

These would be dope on a hat! Have you found these patterns at a local fabric store?

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 @ 01:35:12

@conductor definetly!!
July 22, 2012 @ 01:36:16
I got a brand new DQM fishing lures camp for sale....hit my PM if interested...saw the pic floatin on this thread a bit so
July 22, 2012 @ 01:38:55
@chadacadabra, these are from online but i bet if i check local fabric stores I would find a ton of amazing fabrics. but again, this is all early stuff and ideas that have been floating around my head. really can't do anything if that manufacturer can't make them for me. plus, being a full time student with a part time minimum wage job, I can't afford investing a lot of money into this. This is mostly me trying to make some awesome hats for myself to wear and giving some dope hats to other people as a byproduct of that.
July 22, 2012 @ 02:22:16
@chadacadabra, these are from online but i bet if i check local fabric stores I would find a ton of amazing fabrics. but again, this is all early stuff and ideas that have been floating around my head. really can't do anything if that manufacturer can't make them for me. plus, being a full time student with a part time minimum wage job, I can't afford investing a lot of money into this. This is mostly me trying to make some awesome hats for myself to wear and giving some dope hats to other people as a byproduct of that.

I feel you on this, I'm in the same boat, not a lot of money, not a lot of time but would love to just make some cool stuff for myself and the few others that are interested. I am doing that at the moment with tees, granted printing shirts is much easier than manufacturing hats but its something for me to do and have fun with.
And as for the fabric, def look in local stores, you would be surprised where you would find some really cool and unusual fabrics.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 @ 05:40:02

I really like the second at last one if they came out well and price was ok i would be interested.
July 22, 2012 @ 06:49:39
i would buy all three of those if they had a brown suede brim they would be insane.
July 22, 2012 @ 06:56:48
@magmar what do you think about this?
with this on the bill or tan suede.
July 22, 2012 @ 08:29:21
does anyone know how much it costs approximately for a manufacturer to make one hat? I'm playing around with the idea of making some caps in small quantities and I'm just wondering. I'll be providing my own fabric for the crown for them to use, what's a usual cost per hat? i can only afford making a small quantity maybe around 20 hats, will manufacturers even do that little?

hats usually cost 5-10 per hat, depending on the quantity, so it will probably be like $10 per hat for only 20. ur ideas are smokeyface tho, so u'll probably make more than u spend.

www.corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com

July 22, 2012 @ 12:07:31
i would buy all three of those if they had a brown suede brim they would be insane.

I like your style my friend. having a brown suede brim would be ideal for me. as for the fabrics, I like your above one with the grizzlies and moose, I also have one similar in mind
July 22, 2012 @ 12:17:40
does anyone know generally how many hat crowns can be made with one yard of fabric around 40" wide?
July 22, 2012 @ 12:30:27
@magmar hey man i kinda do the same as you blushing i scoop up vintage fabrics and try to make 5pans out of it, i just do that with my mom's sewing machine, all works except for attaching the brim, so i need to find a solution for that blushing
for your question: if you puzzle a bit, you can make a hat crown (so no brim) out of an A3 sized piece of fabric (42cmx29,7cm = 16.5inx11.7in) hope this helps blushing
July 22, 2012 @ 14:40:40

I like your style my friend. having a brown suede brim would be ideal for me. as for the fabrics, I like your above one with the grizzlies and moose, I also have one similar in mind

that material would look straight piff with a suede brim
July 22, 2012 @ 14:51:49

Shit dude I am digging that owl print.
July 22, 2012 @ 14:56:03
Someone should start a new thread for people who want to make 5 panels
Please login first to reply.
x