Official 5 Panels/ Camp Caps Thread

Jul 31, 2014 @ 22:35
I'm thinking there's an under-served market here.....

Is no one making deeper fitting ones just for larger sized heads?

even new era did it when all the dip shits were tucking there ears into hats...they made deeper fitted's for awhile.
Aug 01, 2014 @ 18:00
How do I post a photo? do i need to host it through photobucket or something similar first?
Aug 06, 2014 @ 02:56
I'm thinking there's an under-served market here.....

Is no one making deeper fitting ones just for larger sized heads?

even new era did it when all the dip shits were tucking there ears into hats...they made deeper fitted's for awhile.
You're exactly right. Nobody is making 5 panel caps for big heads. I wear 7 5/8 in New Era and have yet to find a five panel / camp cap that fits properly. This is an under-served market for sure.
Aug 06, 2014 @ 16:58
Into the Wild is the first brand that I have found that fits. Cheap on ebay too.
Aug 08, 2014 @ 11:06

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/previewclothing | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

Aug 08, 2014 @ 20:07
Less brand arrived today and is great!!! fits my 7 7/8 head with extra strap to spare. My only beef with Into the Wild camps is their straps have to be opened to their fullest to work...but they fit

Whats everyones beef with them? was there some bad customer service? i see their ebay feedback is a bit slack.....
Aug 09, 2014 @ 22:36
Why the fuck would you want to buy a "cheap" camper? smh

#mbMN // www.mustbeminnesota.com // Sarcastic Bastards

Aug 11, 2014 @ 16:13
Why the fuck would you want to buy a "cheap" camper? smh
I never said I was looking to buy "cheap" hats...I simply said a certain brand was cheaply priced on ebay.

read into that what you will...twist my words to fit into your small mind even, if that's what you are into
im just here in search of information about hats that will fit me...i dont get to decide which brands will work for me.
everyone is different and frankly i prefer to be a different person rather than a sheep.
Aug 11, 2014 @ 21:09
also alexgonewild,

i see that you are backing Must Be Minnesota, outta Duluth. Are you involved with the company? Can you speak about their quality and fit? That would be much more helpful than just trashing me for simply stating a certain hat company's product fit my head. Not every camp cap company fits the same, we know this. Not every camp cap company is blazing a trail either. Look at some of the prints on the product that you are backing...its a lot of rehashed themes, yet you wanna jump on a pedestal? If you are representing a product, the honorable way to do so is not to trash others quality, etc. If your stuffs good, it sells. Period. 

Now with that being said, I like some of what i have seen on the website you have as your signature.
are they deep fitting camps that will fit my 7 7/8 head? so far the best fit ive found is from Less Tiawan, they have a solid product.
Aug 14, 2014 @ 20:05
also alexgonewild,

i see that you are backing Must Be Minnesota, outta Duluth. Are you involved with the company? Can you speak about their quality and fit? That would be much more helpful than just trashing me for simply stating a certain hat company's product fit my head. Not every camp cap company fits the same, we know this. Not every camp cap company is blazing a trail either. Look at some of the prints on the product that you are backing...its a lot of rehashed themes, yet you wanna jump on a pedestal? If you are representing a product, the honorable way to do so is not to trash others quality, etc. If your stuffs good, it sells. Period. 

Now with that being said, I like some of what i have seen on the website you have as your signature.
are they deep fitting camps that will fit my 7 7/8 head? so far the best fit ive found is from Less Tiawan, they have a solid product.
also alexgonewild,

also alexgonewild,

Jeeze man, chill out. I wasn't "trashing" you. I will say that spending money and keeping it involved in the brands you respect and admire is part of finding out what fits and what doesn't... "Cheap" is a dirty word. Good luck searching man. 

Aug 15, 2014 @ 21:00
when i find a brand that fits me..i will support it whether its cheap or expensive..don't be upset that I was stoked that a particular brand was affordable....i have bought 20 damn 5 panels in the last month from various brands, only 3 of which even fit me...so yes i was stoked that one brand that worked for me was an affordable one. (cheap doesn't always refer to quality, sometimes it just means lower price)
Aug 19, 2014 @ 19:39
Is it the fit that's most important or what company made the camp cap???
Aug 19, 2014 @ 20:01
Is it the fit that's most important or what company made the camp cap???
the fit is most important, obviously.

im not just gonna slap a Supreme camp on my head looking like a flat ass pancake and walk around advertising for them...if it doesn't look right.

lol
Aug 19, 2014 @ 23:44
Do must agree the deeper the better!

Web Site- http://www.generalpublicsupply.com/

Aug 20, 2014 @ 01:57
wow this thread has gone crrrrazy. but some good stuff on the thread. anyways... if somebody wants to check Skullsnyc.com, clearing a lot of stuff, this hat game has gone crazy.

------------------- Designer // Photographer // Thinker // Dreamer Los Angeles.

Aug 20, 2014 @ 17:45
As the owner of a 7 7/8 size dome....I have found great success with these brands:

Mighty Healthy
Into the Wild
Staple
Less

I hope this info helps some others that are searching just as I was. Over the past month or month and a half I have seriously purchased a lot of hats from Supreme, Durkl, Only, Raised by Wolves, The Decades, and many others...about 25-30 hats total, and of those that I bought, the winners (for me)..are the 4 brands I listed at the beginning of this post.

good luck to all you big headed bastards!!!!
Aug 21, 2014 @ 02:27
Are you tired of these JoAnn fabric prints. Yes we did use it too, but we are trying to find the next best thing. We did a 3M camp cap and now other brands are following the trend. What do you all want to see happen next???

Web Site- http://www.generalpublicsupply.com/

Aug 21, 2014 @ 16:28
Materials that have some give to them...that can be stretched a bit if need be.

Deeper fits....more contrasting bills...more color options in solid colors....or maybe an option to mix/match patterns and colors once you decide what options you may provide.
Aug 29, 2014 @ 21:12
Just flipped the switch on our Labor Day Sale for the weekend. Making some room for a new batch of goods for Fall. www.mustbeminnesota.com
(Invalid img)
Thanks for all the love/hate. <3

Sep 02, 2014 @ 20:17
FUN TIME Pattern 5 Panel

http://www.haveafuntime.org/shop/new/pattern-5panel/

FUN TIME www.haveafuntime.org www.facebook.com/funfunfuntime

Sep 18, 2014 @ 18:18
Our Fall Collection of Camp Caps and Buckets will be available online 10/3. 
We changed things up for this collection and are now working domestically. All is now made in the USA. 

Each cap now features a small back-enclosure fold label, as well as an interior label that comes hand-numbered (1/10 etc.). Our front leather labels were laser-etched and made in the USA as well. Metal eyelets, not sewn. 

More previews will become available in the coming weeks on our FB page.
As always thanks for any and all support / feedback. Cheers. #mbMN

Sep 22, 2014 @ 07:55
Check out our collection of 5-panel hats at sqnt-shop.com

Floral 5 Panel Hats

Oct 03, 2014 @ 17:18
Just dropped a couple new ones at www.mustbeminnesota.com
(Invalid img)
Made in the USA. Only 10 made of each. Hand-Numbered. xxx

Oct 24, 2014 @ 04:09
hey guys, can someone explain the difference between a 5 panel and a camp hat? I was under the impression that they are the same. Is this true? 

I'm looking to get into 5 panels more (i've been trying to rock new era fitteds for a couple years but they are just too big on my head and i think it kind of looks awkward). Can you guys recommend some brands that make their hats a bit smaller than the average? Thanks
Oct 24, 2014 @ 13:22
hey guys, can someone explain the difference between a 5 panel and a camp hat? I was under the impression that they are the same. Is this true? 

I'm looking to get into 5 panels more (i've been trying to rock new era fitteds for a couple years but they are just too big on my head and i think it kind of looks awkward). Can you guys recommend some brands that make their hats a bit smaller than the average? Thanks
Same things. I have one of "The Decades" caps, well had, I sold it because it was too small...
Oct 26, 2014 @ 18:34

Check out my art: http://www.tvanbenten.tumblr.com/ And check out my clothing brand: www.awakesupply.com

Nov 06, 2014 @ 23:03
Hows the fit like for Must be Minnesota camps? What other brands would you compare it to? Thanks..
Nov 09, 2014 @ 23:42
Just released this one and some other stuff as well:

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/previewclothing | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

Nov 11, 2014 @ 01:23
Hmm..this thread seems to be kinda dead nowadays...somebody can tell me what the fit is like for The Quite Life compared to RipnDip camps? Also, anybody buy from Must Be Minnesota?
Nov 20, 2014 @ 22:04
Hmm..this thread seems to be kinda dead nowadays...somebody can tell me what the fit is like for The Quite Life compared to RipnDip camps? Also, anybody buy from Must Be Minnesota?
Thanks for the interest man. You can compare the older mbMN caps (SS13, FW13) to ILU or Discrete. 
The newer ones are similar to RipNDip, Huf, Corrupt, etc. If you order from us and don't like the way a cap fits, you can return it and get your money back. Cheers! 

Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0