SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
June 28, 2013 @ 12:40 PM
mbsmfgco

Hi all,

I wanted to send a quick note to introduce my side project, MBS MFG. CO. You may have seen me post some of this stuff in the past, but I'm happy to say the site is finally live.

Over the past year and a half, I've pieced together a small, men's headwear brand called MBS MFG. CO. The name comes from an acronym of my online portfolio site, madebysean.com. I found myself buying caps from established/non-established brands and was kinda like, why can't I do this?

With that said, the site launched today and I can't wait to see where this goes. There are 12 caps total; 4 different fabrics and 3 colorways per, something for everyone. Each cap comes with a letterpress hang-tag and other various items. I have stickers, pencils, pins, a small run of vintage hotel keychains and custom, hand-sewn hat bags.

Hit me up with any questions you may have!

Em: info@mbsmfg.co
URL: www.mbsmfg.co
Social: @mbsmfgco

MBS MFG. CO. / Choice of Champs / Designed in Jersey City, Manufactured in Los Angeles / www.mbsmfg.co

June 28, 2013 @ 01:44 PM
SHARKlN

Looks super generic..
June 28, 2013 @ 03:10 PM
corruptyouth

Looks like Corrupt Youth is dropping some new caps on Friday... 
Thoughts?
Hey man, this is really awesome, I really appreciate you posting about us. I just want to show everyone the full collection that will be releasing today at 4 PM PST. Here it is:

Wolves Print With Navy Suede Brim

Black Corduroy Floral Print On The Front Panel

Bears Print With Black Suede Brim

Black Floral Print On Side Panels

Hawaiian Floral Print WIth Brown Suede Brim

Allover Jungle Print

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

www.corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com

June 28, 2013 @ 03:32 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Nice designs on the corrupt youth camps.

@sjknight413 what camp is that on the front row, second to last (On the left)? The blue bill one..
That would be one of the quiet life's camps from their 'aloha' drop, last summer if I remember correctly!

EDIT: http://www.highsnobiety.com/2012/10/26/the-quiet-life-aloha-pack/ the one on the right
Cheers!
June 28, 2013 @ 03:42 PM
HOCHSTE

@corruptyouth The Allover jungle print camp look low quality. The print is kinda of random and cheesy IMO.

HOWEVER, the cord floral camps are too nice, i love the contrast of teh flowers & the black.

The bear and wolf camps are nice too, i like the soft colors.

"The bears are attracted to the menstruation."

June 28, 2013 @ 04:02 PM
dapreme

Thoughts?
Hey man, this is really awesome, I really appreciate you posting about us. I just want to show everyone the full collection that will be releasing today at 4 PM PST. Here it is:

Allover Jungle Print

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

miles superior to the last drop. might cop one
June 28, 2013 @ 04:28 PM
mbsmfgco

Looks super generic..
Thanks for the words! You're correct, they do look generic, but I believe there's a need for caps that are more basic, offered in a range of fabrics, one's that aren't full of crazy patterns or color ways. Some people want a cap that can go with a range of articles of clothing.

Cheers!

MBS MFG. CO. / Choice of Champs / Designed in Jersey City, Manufactured in Los Angeles / www.mbsmfg.co

June 28, 2013 @ 05:20 PM
Tucker Stosic

Thoughts?

Allover Jungle Print

I'd easily buy any one of those.
June 28, 2013 @ 06:00 PM
informal-apparel

^^^^ last jungle one looks like the Urban Outfitters Safari camp way too much, super cheap. As far as I am concerned bears and wolf prints like these have been so overdone in the last year and a half, getting over them. The hawaiian floral print is nice, looks a lot like the Quintin Paradise pack cream floral. I really like the black floral camps too, great colors and contrast.

As far as the MBS MFG CO. this is a hard business to get into right now making camp caps, people either get mad at your for doing too many prints or are mad for it being too basic. As far as I am concerned, there are hundreds of other small companies around right now focusing on these crazy prints that every now and then look great but sometimes looks cheesy and cheap, so go ahead and keep making those simpler and more basic hats, they look really nice and great quality. And if it's too basic for you, stick to the pattern camps, but if its nice and basic then get one, but still there is no need to bad mouth people with different tastes to you in designs, everyone is different and has different things that visually appeal to them.

Embrace the Inevitable, Create the Unknown. www.informalapparel.com/

June 28, 2013 @ 06:18 PM
mbsmfgco

^^^^ last jungle one looks like the Urban Outfitters Safari camp way too much, super cheap. As far as I am concerned bears and wolf prints like these have been so overdone in the last year and a half, getting over them. The hawaiian floral print is nice, looks a lot like the Quintin Paradise pack cream floral. I really like the black floral camps too, great colors and contrast.

As far as the MBD MFG CO. this is a hard business to get into right now making camp caps, people either get mad at your for doing too many prints or are mad for it being too basic. As far as I am concerned, there are hundreds of other small companies around right now focusing on these crazy prints that every now and then look great but sometimes looks cheesy and cheap, so go ahead and keep making those simpler and more basic hats, they look really nice and great quality. And if it's too basic for you, stick to the pattern camps, but if its nice and basic then get one, but still there is no need to bad mouth people with different tastes to you in designs, everyone is different and has different things that visually appeal to them.
Cheers! Some great insight and I agree 100% with you...

June 28, 2013 @ 09:25 PM
itsmikeypapa

June 29, 2013 @ 12:07 AM
corruptyouth

As far as the MBS MFG CO. this is a hard business to get into right now making camp caps, people either get mad at your for doing too many prints or are mad for it being too basic. As far as I am concerned, there are hundreds of other small companies around right now focusing on these crazy prints that every now and then look great but sometimes looks cheesy and cheap, so go ahead and keep making those simpler and more basic hats, they look really nice and great quality. And if it's too basic for you, stick to the pattern camps, but if its nice and basic then get one, but still there is no need to bad mouth people with different tastes to you in designs, everyone is different and has different things that visually appeal to them.
Thanks for the feedback man, I'm going to take it all into consideration for the next collection for sure.

June 29, 2013 @ 12:16 AM
tylerxluke

http://www.wampumny.com/products/wampum-pineapple-5-panel

There's one left
people actually bought that?

tylerxluke.bandcamp.com

June 29, 2013 @ 02:28 AM
Glo'bito

Thoughts?

Allover Jungle Print

link is broken

"Yo bitch probably think I'm cute"

June 29, 2013 @ 02:35 AM
Glo'bito

My collection just got a couple more camps added to it

is that Huf hat in the back the grey tweed volley camp?

"Yo bitch probably think I'm cute"

June 29, 2013 @ 02:42 AM
MTVTN

If anyone is looking for Less Taiwan hats, we are now one of only a few US retailers of the brand (and we offer cheap shipping within the US =)). We just received in much of their first Spring/Summer drop, and there is more available on our online store:

http://www.mtvtn.com

June 29, 2013 @ 04:30 AM
Tucker Stosic

Thoughts?

Allover Jungle Print

also anyone know the fit of these?
June 29, 2013 @ 07:42 AM
corruptyouth

Thoughts?

Allover Jungle Print

link is broken
Fixed

June 29, 2013 @ 08:15 AM
sicnik87

I got a Conney Island Camp and the fit is alright, just a bit to deep for me. TQL, Norse etc. fit good to compare. The fabric is very thin, but holds the shape relatively good, because of the tricot fuse.

The overall quality is great and I love that hat!
June 29, 2013 @ 08:27 AM
sicnik87

Looks super generic..
I think they look nice. Been searching a while for a burgundy camp with polkadots, after TQL only put out a bucket hat in that style.

I gotta say the service Sean does is great! E-mailed him and he instantly responded and added shipping to Germany!

Thoughts?
Hey

man, this is really awesome, I really appreciate you posting about us. I

just want to show everyone the full collection that will be releasing

today at 4 PM PST. Here it is:

Allover Jungle Print

I got a Conney Island Camp and the fit is alright, just a bit to deep
for me. TQL, Norse etc. fit good to compare.
The fabric is very thin,
but holds the shape relatively good, because of the tricot fuse but the brim is a lil' wide, so I wear it mostly backwards.

For that drop, I really like the one with the bears, the contrast with teh black brim ist great, but I think it depends on teh cut of teh fabric if it'll look good. I also like the hawaiian, exept for the brown brim, not really my color.

June 29, 2013 @ 11:23 AM
informal-apparel

Thanks for the feedback man, I'm going to take it all into consideration for the next collection for sure.
These are the sorts of things I like to see and hear, companies listening to their customers, good on ya! And it is not that I am saying the wolves or bears are bad hats, they are still very nice, I just personally would not get them after the last year or so of a few companies releasing these sort of prints, but other people definitely still would. Like someone said earlier too, a vast improvement from the 1st release we saw a few months ago.... GREAT JOB!

June 29, 2013 @ 03:49 PM
itsmikeypapa

There's one left
if you fuck with pineapples i guess
June 29, 2013 @ 09:01 PM
mbsmfgco

Looks super generic..
I think they look nice. Been searching a while for a burgundy camp with polkadots, after TQL only put out a bucket hat in that style.

I gotta say the service Sean does is great! E-mailed him and he instantly responded and added shipping to Germany!

Thoughts?
Hey

man, this is really awesome, I really appreciate you posting about us. I

just want to show everyone the full collection that will be releasing

today at 4 PM PST. Here it is:

Allover Jungle Print

I got a Conney Island Camp and the fit is alright, just a bit to deep

for me. TQL, Norse etc. fit good to compare.
The fabric is very thin,

but holds the shape relatively good, because of the tricot fuse but the brim is a lil' wide, so I wear it mostly backwards.

For that drop, I really like the one with the bears, the contrast with teh black brim ist great, but I think it depends on teh cut of teh fabric if it'll look good. I also like the hawaiian, exept for the brown brim, not really my color.

Cheers sicnik87! Let me know if you have any further questions!

June 29, 2013 @ 10:12 PM
sanvhez

Do you guys know what is that ? 
June 30, 2013 @ 10:45 PM
tylerxluke

There's one left
if you fuck with pineapples i guess
even if I did fuck with pineapples I wouldn't buy it haha

tylerxluke.bandcamp.com

June 30, 2013 @ 11:10 PM
Villain™

im not gonna lie i am really fuckin with that corrupt youth and that MBS.

$mart $tunnaz, $avage Life. SS x SL

June 30, 2013 @ 11:32 PM
SHARKlN

This thread.. smh

Everytime I click on it, I see those corrupt youth hats and feel ill. No one's actually buying those right? Only good 5 panels nowadays are on ebay.
July 1, 2013 @ 01:13 AM
July 1, 2013 @ 01:19 AM
mbsmfgco

im not gonna lie i am really fuckin with that corrupt youth and that MBS.
Cheers. Hit me up with any questions!

July 1, 2013 @ 03:43 AM
informal-apparel

This thread.. smh

Everytime I click on it, I see those corrupt youth hats and feel ill. No one's actually buying those right? Only good 5 panels nowadays are on ebay.
you are so negative mate. why keep coming to this thread if you never say anything positive or of substance? you are a bit of a downer.

Please login first to reply.