FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
December 23, 2012 @ 04:25 AM
fivepanelmike

First post, first cop

ok but what is this though
I really hope this is legit, finally another Quiet Life hat that impresses me.
December 23, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
December 23, 2012 @ 04:53 AM
mproc

I can confirm that the quiet life hat up a few posts is legit.

I saw them talking to someone about it on instagram, but I hadn't seen a picture until that.
December 23, 2012 @ 04:58 AM
M.

First post, first cop

Awww The Quiet Life we've known to love. Will cop once it's in the US.

muhstakes.tumblr.com

December 23, 2012 @ 05:02 AM
M.

I can confirm that the quiet life hat up a few posts is legit.

I saw them talking to someone about it on instagram, but I hadn't seen a picture until that.
It's legit.
http://www.hhv.de/shop/de/artikel/the-quiet-life-girls-au-natural-5-panel-cap-picture-brown-301760
EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

muhstakes.tumblr.com

December 23, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
anthooony

Just copped a Yukata and Waterproof from Decades.
December 23, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
infiniteclothingco

^ Theres 3 layers of interface.  My first one was floppy, but my current ones are stiff and fit very well. Also I don't care if I am copying other brands with fabric designs or leather straps.  I make what I like and that all that matters to me. 
I agree with you, I never really thought you copied anyone (someones gonna point it out I'm sure but I really don't care about copying and all that shit) and also the leather strap was just personal preference, I'm sure others won't mind it but for me I am not into leather straps. 
Sorry if you felt attacked, I didnt say that in a response. Im just putting that out there because I know there are going to be people that say I copied other brands. I never really noticed that the shaping was off.  This is why I post here to get feedback from people like you. Thank you.

^
Theres 3 layers of interface.  My first one was floppy, but my current
ones are stiff and fit very well. Also I don't care if I am copying
other brands with fabric designs or leather straps.  I make what I like
and that all that matters to me. 
Do what Sons of the North
did and give the buyer the option of either a leather strap or nylon
strap. That way everyone is happy.
Thats a great idea actually. Maybe once I perfect the fit, I can do an affordable fully custom 5-panel service with a MOQ of 1 (because most custom places are for mass production only) so the customer can choose if they want a nylon strap or leather strap. Thanks for the opinion!
December 23, 2012 @ 08:32 AM
kujo

Went to Macy's and saw that American Rag are doing the 5-panel thing too.

One of them was okay but it still felt half-ass.
December 23, 2012 @ 02:40 PM
Iarumas

First post, first cop

Damn, that's real QL shit right there.. Don't know if my collection can handle a 4th suede brim though.
December 23, 2012 @ 06:25 PM
mproc

How do the decades hats fit? For some reason I've just never picked one up, and I'm always skeptical about buying a new brand since I like shallow fits.
December 23, 2012 @ 08:18 PM
anthooony

@mproc Decades hats fit perfect! I own about 3 and they all fit nicely. They run shallow too so no need to worry. You won't like something unless you try it. Plus, they just released their Holiday Selection so what better time to try something new than now. :D
December 23, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
chrismusser

First post, first cop

idk TQL one seems like its almost the same fabric as this
December 23, 2012 @ 10:20 PM
chrismusser

Hello everyone, I am a fanatic on 5-panel hats and have had a deep desire to start my own business/brand.  With little money in my pocket, I was not able to match the pricing of over seas productions.  I decided to jump right into the art myself.  Learned how to sew and immediately started to make 5-panel camp hats that I am proud to show you guys today.  After many months of trial and error (making sure each panel fit correctly/trying different fabrics/different methods of production/logo) I still have a lot of perfecting to do. I would like to start selling, but I would like to perfect the art of 5-panel making first. Here's a little sneak peak of what I've made so far.

i love the snow dogs print, just not the green stripe on the brim. Also, when i thought about making a 5 panel i almost bought that grizzlies fabric. nice choice!
December 23, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
alexgonewild

Hello everyone, I am a fanatic on 5-panel hats and have had a deep desire to start my own business/brand.  With little money in my pocket, I was not able to match the pricing of over seas productions.  I decided to jump right into the art myself.  Learned how to sew and immediately started to make 5-panel camp hats that I am proud to show you guys today.  After many months of trial and error (making sure each panel fit correctly/trying different fabrics/different methods of production/logo) I still have a lot of perfecting to do. I would like to start selling, but I would like to perfect the art of 5-panel making first. Here's a little sneak peak of what I've made so far.

I love some of these designs but to be honest the build of some of these (basically all) are weak. If you can get these manufactured somewhere else I could for sure see myself buying some of these! (Also the leather strap kinda kills it for me as well) 
I agree, the fabric choices are absolutely awesome on most of these but the construction is what kills it.. Construction is such a major part of the whole 5 panel craze... Props for trying it out and getting more done than most people though. If you were to out-source for a manufacturer you would be killing it with a lot of these prints.  

#mbMN // www.mustbeminnesota.com // Sarcastic Bastards

December 23, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
alexgonewild

These just dropped on TQL's online store... Thoughts?

December 23, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
alexgonewild

Our site is online now. Limited to 10~15 each design so don't sleep.

It's kind of astounding how unoriginal these are.
Unoriginal but presented well... Curious to see how fast they sell...

December 23, 2012 @ 10:59 PM
chrismusser

i dig the print on the bill, but TQL really should make some new full prints instead of all these one panel designs
December 24, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
PAS86

I have two "The Quiet Life
Girls AU Natural 5 Panel Caps "bought. Times a week I'll go look in the store.
December 24, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
callumanthony93

hasn't the aztec / navajo thing been rinsed now. i mean don't get me wrong the one on the right is nice but it seems a little boring to me these days
December 24, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
callumanthony93

First post, first cop

ok but what is this though
I really hope this is legit, finally another Quiet Life hat that impresses me.
limited to 300 worldwide apparently.(acc to hhv.de) sset to cop asap before these beauties get snapped up
December 24, 2012 @ 01:47 AM
mikeyei

First post, first cop

Anyone know when this is going to be released?
December 24, 2012 @ 02:52 AM
M.

First post, first cop

Anyone know when this is going to be released?
Not a clue but soon, as some shops are getting them. Same for all other TQL packs and LTDs. I'd say a little over a week or less. 

muhstakes.tumblr.com

December 24, 2012 @ 03:16 AM
schoolboylou

Our site is online now. Limited to 10~15 each design so don't sleep.

It's kind of astounding how unoriginal these are.
December 24, 2012 @ 06:21 AM
getrichactfamous

WTB decades yakuta or speckled tweed

@getrichactfamous

December 24, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
SHARKlN

the quiet life is using another version of the pinup girl fabric that ample creative used.

both are are alexander henry fabrics and are widely available, i've seen them in the fabric shop near my apartment

http://www.ahfabrics.com/collections/category/318-pinups
December 24, 2012 @ 07:05 AM
wehatelondon

suspended

THat ready for action print thou

instagram-wehatelondon youtube-nicholasmcfly2800

December 24, 2012 @ 07:05 AM
SHARKlN

wrangler camp
December 24, 2012 @ 07:34 AM
M.

It's a nice fabric though. cool

muhstakes.tumblr.com

December 24, 2012 @ 04:26 PM
SHARKlN

if you've seen it in person, the girls are too big for a 5 panel. it's gonna be decapitated heads and half bodies
December 24, 2012 @ 08:41 PM
jesse_chapman1

Hey i was wondering if anyone knows the pattern for a 5-panel hat with the measurements of course, and if they could show it to me? I would like to make it out of some old faded denim jeans i got from goodwill. i have already made a pretty kick ass backpack out of them hopping i have enough left to make the 5-panel hat well thats all thx for however can help me.

Please login first to reply.