November 24, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
foreigner

hey everyone.
I'm new to 5 panels, just wondering where should I start first?
bought this yesterday.

thanks.

Some big name brands that make quality 5 panels are supreme, huf, onlyny, the quiet life, I love ugly. Also I've seen a lot of smaller brands out there come out with some good stuff. Just find a brand that does not cut corners with the quality. Like what I posted above, general public supply co.s hats look like dog shit. Generally, avoid made in china hats. Made in Canada, USA, and even New Zealand are your best bet for good quality generally.
November 24, 2012 @ 04:37 AM
InformalApparel

@caribouchris that is legit the craziest yoyo sesh ever, i remember when doing a few around the worlds or the eifel tower and thinkin i was a boss. good shit, way to make your brand your own, no other clothing companies have a yoyo team, good shit.

on the topic of camps, was at DQM today, only good camp of this fall in terms of quality and colorway is the black bandana. others all fit or look or are made terrible. also, hating how companies are using manufacturers who make the camps not even fit on your head normally, instead make you only able to put them on like a frail, noob kid who shows all their fringe and have the camps sitting on the back of their head. i like to wear my hats normally. cough cough decades, moupia cough.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198218 - Some Supreme and The Quiet Life FS (PM for all my others not listed)

November 24, 2012 @ 05:18 AM
mikeyei

@caribouchris that is legit the craziest yoyo sesh ever, i remember when doing a few around the worlds or the eifel tower and thinkin i was a boss. good shit, way to make your brand your own, no other clothing companies have a yoyo team, good shit.

November 24, 2012 @ 05:18 AM
SHARKlN

A problem i see with five panels is that there's so many more shitty Chinese ones now than decent made in USA ones. And New Zealand hats fit much differently than other ones I've noticed. Flimsy brims stitched so they turn up almost, and boxy peaks. There's a reason those manufacturers are so ready and willing to take new business, and it's because they're turning out shit.

Just gotta stick to the og brands that were doing it before the hype and you're alright.
November 24, 2012 @ 05:25 AM
fivepanelmike

Haha ... ya. We make high end aluminum yoyos. This is our 6th year. Just moved into a 350sqft office. Big changes.

One of our team members just won US Nationals. He's in Japan right now competing at an underground contest called 44Clash: http://www.44clash.com/

holy shit that's like extreme yoyo x cats cradle. what the fuck

meanwhile, how everyone else plays with yoyos

Son...wat the fuckity fuck. I can't even think of a single thing I can do wthat even comes close to the skill level he yoyo's at
November 24, 2012 @ 03:40 PM
Iarumas

True what Clothingcollector's saying, if you like WEARING your camps like they're supposed to be worn, stay away from new brands that customize their camps to fit herbs with their "bieber-hair" sticking out the front.
November 24, 2012 @ 04:00 PM
fivepanelmike

True what Clothingcollector's saying, if you like WEARING your camps like they're supposed to be worn, stay away from new brands that customize their camps to fit herbs with their "bieber-hair" sticking out the front.

lol I mean, I don't think you can really dictate how a hat is supposed to be worn. People can wear their hats however the feel like wearing it. Unless some new goverment law has been enacted that I don't know about.
November 24, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
Iarumas

^ Ofcourse when i wrote the comment, I knew someone who fit the description perfectly would write something like that.. Doesn't surprise me that someone with a name like "FIVEPANELMike" would write it too.
November 25, 2012 @ 07:47 AM
jlx58

November 25, 2012 @ 07:54 AM
fivepanelmike

^ Ofcourse when i wrote the comment, I knew someone who fit the description perfectly would write something like that.. Doesn't surprise me that someone with a name like "FIVEPANELMike" would write it too.

lol and your name is farrrque, so much better. Of course I fit the description perfectly, you can see my avatar wearing the five panel like a herb.
November 25, 2012 @ 02:59 PM
Iarumas

You really can, that's probably why you don't have a profile pic.
Change your username to FaggotMike
November 25, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
chads

I'm sure people are gonna hate on this but Bodega has been killing the 5 panel game lately, doing stuff that nobody else is doing.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

November 25, 2012 @ 03:37 PM
bl0wj

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet but the thrasher 5 panels have like a reinforced front panel. It's good because it stops it from getting creases or whatever but it makes the front really deep. I don't really like it to be honest.
November 25, 2012 @ 03:41 PM
SHARKlN

Yeah those thrasher hats aren't the best. Made in china, unlined, kind of stiff and boxy.
Raised by wolves did the same exact hat with quality.

@chadacadabra co-sign
November 25, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
waquaxy

I'm sure people are gonna hate on this but Bodega has been killing the 5 panel game lately, doing stuff that nobody else is doing.

I saw bdg and thought uo. But bodegas sick. I didn't know those dropped, I like
November 25, 2012 @ 06:45 PM
JOSTYLES

If anybody is interested I have a Supreme Navy 5 panel for sale with original bag and sticker. Feel free to PM me.
November 25, 2012 @ 07:01 PM
leify23

those raised by wolves x kith 5 panels have the most hilarious fit, like a fucking skull cap, literally got it out the box put it on my head...and then placed it back, taped up the box and started writing the return address. Not my thing

Instagram - LE11FFF

November 25, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
Iarumas

^ Was thinking of getting that, def. won't now. Thanks for the heads up.. Why didn't they just stick with their old fit?
November 25, 2012 @ 08:15 PM
SHARKlN

those raised by wolves x kith 5 panels have the most hilarious fit, like a fucking skull cap, literally got it out the box put it on my head...and then placed it back, taped up the box and started writing the return address. Not my thing

That sucks man all of my raised by wolves hats fit perfectly. Definitely bigger than my shallow huf caps
November 25, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
leify23

That sucks man all of my raised by wolves hats fit perfectly. Definitely bigger than my shallow huf caps

Yeah maybe it was the fabric, i swear they use the same manufacture as the big brands, fuck it though wasnt really digging the pattern when it came the Kith pictures made it look 10x better. Got my less deers and the fabric is fucking insane so its all good

Instagram - LE11FFF

November 26, 2012 @ 01:18 AM
fivepanelmike

You really can, that's probably why you don't have a profile pic.
Change your username to FaggotMike

Aww that's cute, you're offended. FaggotMike? Brilliant, you must of been up all night thinking of that one.
November 26, 2012 @ 01:30 AM
callumanthony93

been contemplating getting this hat for a while now, just wanted some feedback as to what yous think of it
November 26, 2012 @ 01:34 AM
chads

@callumanthony93 Its a hat... Buy it because you want it not because of what someone else thinks of your taste.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

November 26, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
Fonze

Haha ... ya. We make high end aluminum yoyos. This is our 6th year. Just moved into a 350sqft office. Big changes.

One of our team members just won US Nationals. He's in Japan right now competing at an underground contest called 44Clash: http://www.44clash.com/

holy shit that's like extreme yoyo x cats cradle. what the fuck

meanwhile, how everyone else plays with yoyos

HOLY SHIT at that video and DEAD at that gif.
November 26, 2012 @ 04:04 AM
vis

yeah, nobody's been using suede brims before
November 26, 2012 @ 08:22 AM
ovrabv

Thoughts on these? Its from this guy who makes music and just started a clothing line.

"A tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of a sheep." - Zag

November 26, 2012 @ 03:52 PM
callumanthony93

@callumanthony93 Its a hat... Buy it because you want it not because of what someone else thinks of your taste.

ive already bought it i just wanted to know what others think of it
November 26, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
backspacecentury

woah, so many ugly 5 panels out there now.
November 26, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
breshco

Thought you guys might be intrested, Orchard's having a sale on their onlineshop:

http://orchardshop.bigcartel.com/

Use code: CYBER to get 30% off. Lot of 5-panels left and the fit and quality on their caps are on point.

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

November 26, 2012 @ 05:07 PM
backspacecentury

Thought you guys might be intrested, Orchard's having a sale on their onlineshop:

http://orchardshop.bigcartel.com/

Use code: CYBER to get 30% off. Lot of 5-panels left and the fit and quality on their caps are on point.

if now they only would have something worth buying.

Please login first to reply.