FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
October 27, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
mynameiszero

@minsct
was about to look for that white one till i noticed in the same as the slyguild i have lol. just red instead of black

@chadacadabra
grandmas old couch is nice! smile
October 27, 2012 @ 04:53 AM
randomtw

link to us stockists for those caps by both brands?
link to us stockists for those caps by both brands?

Uhhh I told you them, you do it. I'll give you this raisedbywolves.ca and onlynylives.com. Both waxed hats are prolly outa stock maybe there are still some left at only Buttttt for rbw you gotta drop like a bill. There's prolly more, oned think especially during fuckin fall and winter.

not quite sure how to tell if it's waxed canvas or not on the only site
October 27, 2012 @ 04:53 AM
EritreasMostBlunted

Hey guys, I really need some help, I have a black Supreme canvas camp cap and I wore it tonight to my last HS home football game. Long story short the crowd went LeBron mode and threw flour in the air and its all over my cap, any ideas on how to clean it? My friend told me not to wash canvas?
October 27, 2012 @ 07:19 AM
vis

Hey guys, I really need some help, I have a black Supreme canvas camp cap and I wore it tonight to my last HS home football game. Long story short the crowd went LeBron mode and threw flour in the air and its all over my cap, any ideas on how to clean it? My friend told me not to wash canvas?

throw it in the washer with hot water then tumble dry it
October 27, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
These Geez

get at em!
That site legit?

WTB ANYTHING THAT SAYS SUPREME, PREFERABLY IN A BOX OF SOME SORT

October 27, 2012 @ 06:07 PM
minsct

@minsct
was about to look for that white one till i noticed in the same as the slyguild i have lol. just red instead of black

Just peeped the sly guild one and noticed that is in fact not the same pattern. Same old-school print but ours is more pronounced with the black outlining. Good lookin out tho.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

October 27, 2012 @ 07:11 PM
mynameiszero

@minsct
you could have gotten that from what i said -.- slyguild's is "red instead of black"
October 27, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
bricktop

Is anyone else tired of seeing 'brands' post there very original 5 panel designs in this thread which just consist of a suede brim and nature themed (animals/flowers/mountains etc) all over print upper? Have some fucking creativity and stop saturating the market with the same old shit. You know who you are!

www.grubbymits.co.uk | Affordable vintage & streetwear

October 27, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
princeandprez

Is anyone else tired of seeing 'brands' post there very original 5 panel designs in this thread which just consist of a suede brim and nature themed (animals/flowers/mountains etc) all over print upper? Have some fucking creativity and stop saturating the market with the same old shit. You know who you are!

Just because art is similar, doesn't make it any less valid - does it?

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

October 27, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
CXCITY

Just posted a few shots of a new 5 panel we'll be releasing early next month with our Winter 2012 drop.
You can see more at: http://cxcitybrand.com/first-look-rivington-5-panel/

CX.CITY. Est. 2009. Los Angeles. New York. Genuine Goods. Trusted Supply. Don't Fade Away | http://cxcitybrand.com

October 27, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
princeandprez

Just posted a few shots of a new 5 panel we'll be releasing early next month with our Winter 2012 drop.

Though I know I said a somewhat different thing in the post above - I think things like these are very oversaturated. The pattern obviously isn't self designed and it makes me think about how much work actually went in to creating this hat...

October 27, 2012 @ 10:31 PM
CXCITY

Though I know I said a somewhat different thing in the post above - I think things like these are very oversaturated. The pattern obviously isn't self designed and it makes me think about how much work actually went in to creating this hat...

You're correct, I didn't create herringbone. However, you couldn't be more far off in telling me little thought or work went into creating this product. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

When I feel that a timeless fabric such as herringbone perfectly fits the aesthetic of a release, I will create a product to reflect that, regardless if you or others think it is oversaturated or a trend. I can see you have your own brand as well. You're right in that as brand owners we should be aware of trends in the market, but not all of us feel pressured to conform (or nonconform) to that.

I've always striven to not draw lines or parallels to other brands or trends, and the only standard I feel obligated to live up to is my own. So if I am fine with releasing a product made of quality classic pattern (that I didn't design) then I will do so. Thanks for your input though.

CX.CITY. Est. 2009. Los Angeles. New York. Genuine Goods. Trusted Supply. Don't Fade Away | http://cxcitybrand.com

October 27, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
beverleynyc

You shouldn't worry too much about what other people are saying. Buy a hat because YOU like it, not because somebody else likes/disklikes it. There is always going to be someone who has something bad to say about something else.
October 27, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
princeandprez

You shouldn't worry too much about what other people are saying. Buy a hat because YOU like it, not because somebody else likes/disklikes it. There is always going to be someone who has something bad to say about something else.

I'm not by any means saying not to buy it (I may do so myself, I think the hat looks god damn cool), I'm just saying that it doesn't seem all that original (stussy, QL have both done them).

October 27, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
princeandprez

You're correct, I didn't create herringbone. However, you couldn't be more far off in telling me little thought or work went into creating this product. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

When I feel that a timeless fabric such as herringbone perfectly fits the aesthetic of a release, I will create a product to reflect that, regardless if you or others think it is oversaturated or a trend. I can see you have your own brand as well. You're right in that as brand owners we should be aware of trends in the market, but not all of us feel pressured to conform (or nonconform) to that.

I've always striven to not draw lines or parallels to other brands or trends, and the only standard I feel obligated to live up to is my own. So if I am fine with releasing a product made of quality classic pattern (that I didn't design) then I will do so. Thanks for your input though.

I'm not saying its bad (I actually really like it), I'm just saying that its pretty derivative of other brands/ styles.

October 27, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
CXCITY

I'm not saying its bad (I actually really like it), I'm just saying that its pretty derivative of other brands/ styles.

I didn't take it that way at all, you made some good points in a respectful manner and I was just addressing those. This hat was heavily inspired by "old" New York, and the majority of newsboys caps from that era were made of herringbone or a heather charcoal blend of fabric. I know that it probably doesn't make this hat less derivative in your eyes, but just figured I'd let you know my thought process when creating the hat (and that I was not trying to emulate the other brands you mentioned.)

October 27, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
bricktop

princeandprez did you create this print used here?

October 27, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
princeandprez

princeandprez did you create this print used here?

No.

October 27, 2012 @ 11:10 PM
bricktop

Then shut the fuck up you hypocritical moron

October 27, 2012 @ 11:13 PM
princeandprez

Then shut the fuck up you hypocritical moron

I was pointing out that a herringbone design has been used in multiple different companies drops. He then explained his reasoning to me, and I now get his artistic vision. You being rude isn't really needed at all...

October 27, 2012 @ 11:17 PM
bricktop

The print obviously isn't self designed and it makes me think about how much work actually went in to creating this t shirt...

October 27, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
corruptyouth

Hey everyone! We're having a small sale over at http://corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com/ to sell the last few hats in order to bring in our next batch. Use the discount code SALE1 at checkout to get 20% off your entire order until the end of October!!!

www.corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com

October 28, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
waquaxy

The print obviously isn't self designed and it makes me think about how much work actually went in to creating this t shirt...

bricktop is right
October 28, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
nesner0s

Here is my current collection. All fit really well. My favorite would have to be either the Durkl or the Benny Gold
http://i.imgur.com/mEZJX.jpg
October 28, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
princeandprez

Its funny how heated niggas get about clothes online

I guess if you're passionate, you get defensive easily? Movie people and art people do the same, it keeps it interesting.

October 28, 2012 @ 01:47 AM
beverleynyc

Its funny how heated niggas get about clothes online

I guess if you're passionate, you get defensive easily? Movie people and art people do the same, it keeps it interesting.

I guess, but in real life if you guys were talking face to face it would never accelerate this quickly.

October 28, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
timeless

So is everyone just tired of suede brims or just that it's being played out by every brand. I mean the decades use suede brims on almost all their hats but they were at the top of a lot of peoples list when someone asked what everyones favourite brand was.
October 28, 2012 @ 04:58 AM

Inactive

This thread should be renamed the self promotion thread..
October 28, 2012 @ 07:19 AM
threadtodeath

Anyone else see this?? I have been waiting SO long for one of these hats....

Discrete National Park Five Panel

Is this worth it? Love the hat, but 75 for it plus international shipping is ridiculous.

75 NZD is about $61. Which is still a little steep but its fucking gorgeous

I'd say it's worth the money. As @chriscosta said its NZD anyway. I ended up buying 3 hats and got free postage though because if your order is over $200NZD postage is free.
October 28, 2012 @ 08:35 AM
galaxyzqt

Should I feel bad for bending one of my 5 panels brims slightly? I find it looks better with some caps when the brim is bent.

Please login first to reply.