FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
October 12, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
somekindof

@mbad5669 i completely agree on the material part. i've got an idea for something that's pretty unique, but i'll have to wait 9 months to realize it since i'm on an exchange project..
October 12, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
chads

@chadacadabra Each to their own, you obviously don't but some may find it unique. I see where your coming from though, if you step back it's just another animal print or whatever but lets face it, thats what's in at the moment and as much as I'd like to, I'm not looking to start a new trend, I'm just looking for a successful brand that's going to bring in some extra cash.

I totally understand that which is why I acknowledged that I'm sure you will still make them because people will still buy them. Personally I'd prefer to start my own wave but I know many people lack creativity and would rather go with the flow.
But also on the point of the last line, I going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you have a little bit of passion but if you don't then I'm sorry for you. Starting a brand isn't about making a profit, its about what you have to bring to the table. The way you worded it makes it sound like you are only out to get a quick buck which is stupid but I guess do what you gotta do to pay the bills.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

October 12, 2012 @ 02:20 AM

Inactive

No no, I worded it wrong. Of course I am passionate about the idea otherwise I wouldn't be venturing into it, if all I cared about was money I'd become a gigolo or something, fortunately I'm not that hung up on money. \

I would like to start a trend but I don't think I have the mind/creativity to do so, that's why I think it's safest to stick to the current trend as unoriginal as some may see it. I still think I can bring products within the current trend that people want to see, that aren't available on the market. I mean the idea of having my own brand and seeing my first product in my hands does excite me but I'm not going to lie, the money is in there with the reasons for doing this.

www.blackcampmarket.com | www.facebook.com/blackcampmarket

October 12, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
magmar

@blackcampmarket I totally understand where you're coming from man. Like myself, everything and I mean EVERYTHING moving forward for my brand relies on whether these 5 panels are a hit or not, I'm a full time student with a shitty part time minimum wage job (which basically most the money is going into this project), I've invested a lot of money (for me) in this and if it's a flop, I'm not sure how I can pick myself back up. But looking on the positive side I started this with just the idea in my head of making camps that I would wear, and that's my advice to you, make something that YOU would wear and that YOU would love, trend or no trend, if you like it, I'm sure other people will too.

ps: if anyone is wondering, I'm expecting my 5 panels to be arriving in a couple weeks or so. til then, I just released some beanies for $20 shipped worldwide if anyone wants to check it out http://brightlightssupplyco.bigcartel.com
October 12, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
tsandy

@mproc don't worry man it's coming. the manufacturer i'm using was having some problems but everything is all sorted out now. they should be coming pretty soon.
October 12, 2012 @ 03:59 AM
waquaxy

@chadacadabra Each to their own, you obviously don't but some may find it unique. I see where your coming from though, if you step back it's just another animal print or whatever but lets face it, thats what's in at the moment and as much as I'd like to, I'm not looking to start a new trend, I'm just looking for a successful brand that's going to bring in some extra cash.

^ word up. That's going to make everyone mad. The butterfly cap was sick, lemme buy the sample! Five panels have been around for like 15 years. Yr all dum. REI put out fivers like teb years ago AND they are sick as fuck. Some even with three eyelets. Where do you think the CAMP came from. Yall think camps will die or that they will it get.more popular.. That's bennnn happen fools. I feel like all those designs would do well @blackcampmarket, but sadly I know I can't get.one cuz shipping to the states kills me. And posting from my mobile does too.. Arg
October 12, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
mynameiszero

@blackcampmarket

i like all your caps and name/patch except the shrooms.

DO IT!
October 12, 2012 @ 09:00 AM
rawlife

Was Supreme the first ones with the floral 5 panel design? Shit blew up. seems like every brand is now doing it.
October 12, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

Inactive

Sorry if I'm repeating myself but I just want to make it clear, I'm not doing this just for money, I genuinely want to be a part of the market and bring to the table a load of designs you guys want to see.

I'm also a student like magmar and have very little income, the money I receive while in eduction barely covers anything, I love running Black Camp Market but without the money it's making I wouldn't have enough money to live. I think magmar put it perfectly though, the only way your going to be able to move your brand forward is if you sell. If you follow the current trend at least you know there'a a market there, if you try and branch out and start a new trend, it's more rewarding but it is also more risky, it all depends if you can afford to take that risk. The whole process of making them does put you on the back foot until you start selling and the worry is having all that money tied up in products that just aren't selling.

and @magmar, can't wait to see the 5 panels.

October 12, 2012 @ 11:38 AM
SHARKlN

riding the coat tails of a trend is definitely not the way to start a successful brand.
October 12, 2012 @ 12:43 PM
backspacecentury

What do you guys think of that cap? I'm not sure about it.
October 12, 2012 @ 01:28 PM
amigo

Starting a new trend is one the most difficult things to acomplish in life. Nothing is new. Everything is so overdone. Sadly it is not about the product anymore. It is about the brand recognition you are capable to build. I bet a lot of the supreme hats with another box logo of any other unknown brand would not sell. Starting a trend is not gonna make you rich, but it will give you credibility and will place you on a privilege spot when that trend start becoming viral (here is were they make the big bucks)
Look for quality, look for real people behind a brand doing it by passion and not by greed. Support small brands with nice ideas and excellent quality, and creative thinking. Real skaters, snowboarders, surfers… real people behind it. Not big corporations ruled by banks.
Quality has never been cheap. Success has never been easy.
Become a leader or become a follower. The final choice is only yours.
The word is born.
October 12, 2012 @ 02:17 PM
waquaxy

Everyone is being so serious and provoking. I was kind of always on this forum for fun. I just love wearing fivers and found out I could find really fucking cool hats.
and.... Does anyone know if rbw new camps are done by more than one manufacture. Some of the bills look like raised edges some are just flat.
October 12, 2012 @ 02:47 PM
breshco

Everyone is being so serious and provoking. I was kind of always on this forum for fun. I just love wearing fivers and found out I could find really fucking cool hats.
and.... Does anyone know if rbw new camps are done by more than one manufacture. Some of the bills look like raised edges some are just flat.

The same manufacturer does both style of the brims so don't worry about that.

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

October 12, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
hrnshn

Sorry maybe not the best moment, but if anyone is interested in a moupia racoons and co. - hit me up. Got number 6 out of 12. Gonna sell for original price
October 12, 2012 @ 08:06 PM

Inactive

Ok, well we all have our opinions, let's stop debating and get this thread back to a place to share ideas.

@waquaxy @mynameiszero Thanks for the support, we're definitely going through with it so expect some stuff soon. We'll let you know soon which designs we are going to take forward but please any feedback would be appreciated. If you want to see a particular hat, let us know, if you don't we'll think it's not popular and not make it. Here's another few fabrics, let us know what you think.

October 12, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
tsandy

@blackcampmarket love your fabrics. the bird one is so nice. if could not use the platypus one though that would be much appreciated. i'm already using it for my line of five panels which are already in production. thanks.
October 12, 2012 @ 08:22 PM
mikeyei

Ok, well we all have our opinions, let's stop debating and get this thread back to a place to share ideas.

@waquaxy @mynameiszero Thanks for the support, we're definitely going through with it so expect some stuff soon. We'll let you know soon which designs we are going to take forward but please any feedback would be appreciated. If you want to see a particular hat, let us know, if you don't we'll think it's not popular and not make it. Here's another few fabrics, let us know what you think.

These are amazing designs/fabrics!!! I would for sure rock any of those on a camp cap!!
October 12, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
yungsteveyfranchise

These are amazing designs/fabrics!!! I would for sure rock any of those on a camp cap!!

Anything but the dirtbike one imo thats ugly but i think the platypus one is the best of em
October 12, 2012 @ 09:28 PM
SHARKlN

cool, now the thread is just pyramid quotes of some shitty novelty prints
October 12, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
mynameiszero

^ damn lol. so angry.
October 12, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
xenvy

The first birds, platypus and swan prints look really interesting. Sloths anyone?
October 12, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
magmar

I think posting print ideas are fine. They're relative to the topic at hand and it gives people a good visual idea of what it will look like. To the people complaining, be construcive and post something of interest like pics or something.
October 12, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
SHARKlN

i've posted plenty of pictures and links over the past six months that i think my opinion can be voiced. chintzy novelty fabric camps are hype and dealing in them shows how little creativity the person running the brand really has.

i posted the link to the cosmos at turntable lab that you ended up copping @magmar, so fuck off with your rip off brand
October 12, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

Inactive

@sharkin No need for that, if you don't like all these 'rip off brands' then that's fine, just don't buy them but no need to get rude. There are a lot of people who like what these small brands are doing, and it seems you are the minority.

October 12, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
SHARKlN

and you, back when you were in here asking for a name for your website, people gave you such great ideas, and you called it "black camp market". that was literally a mash up of the worst two suggestions.

i'm fine being the minority but i won't be silent. this thread built your interest, your knowledge, and your ideas. now you're gonna come back and spam all over it with your personal business? make your own thread and let people go back to posting hats and links where to buy them

sorry i'm an asshole, but really i'm not
October 12, 2012 @ 11:05 PM
bak.

and you, back when you were in here asking for a name for your website, people gave you such great ideas, and you called it "black camp market". that was literally a mash up of the worst two suggestions.

i'm fine being the minority but i won't be silent. this thread built your interest, your knowledge, and your ideas. now you're gonna come back and spam all over it with your personal business? make your own thread and let people go back to posting hats and links where to buy them

sorry i'm an asshole, but really i'm not

There's some truth in what he's saying, I'm pretty torn.
I also think those animal/half childish half cool prints are cool, too, but nothing new here and I wouldn't wear them. ake The Decades for a good example.
Do whatever you want, keep this thread updated on your process, post your hats an we/people will buy them or not.

Bright Lights// Black Camp Market when will the first caps be dropping? I'm excited.

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

October 12, 2012 @ 11:10 PM
magmar

ha, the type of people on this thread. that's why I stopped coming here a long time ago and went and did my own thing.

@sharkin thanks for the constructive feedback.

@blackcampmarket and everyone else, keep posting your ideas and keep asking for feedback. It's a great way to learn and get a feel for what people are digging or not. I know for a fact myself and others will support you.

but yes, the internet and forums especially bring out the worst in people, I'm sure we can all get along fine in real life.
October 12, 2012 @ 11:13 PM
SHARKlN

the dubstep of hats
October 12, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
leify23

This thread is for camp caps...i only go on here to see whats good and what id like to buy...why the fuck is it now the thread to post your shitty ideas that are like a year away from completion? seriously make a new thread for 5 panel cap ideas or something. I totally agree with Sharkin its ruining the fucking thread for the people who purchase regularly and the majority of us dont give a shit about animal designs that are played out the max..the only reason camp caps are getting 'old' is because everyone thinks they can find a quirky animal design and make a cap...its boring

Instagram - LE11FFF

Please login first to reply.