October 11, 2012 @ 06:42 PM
mregotting

@blackcampmarket love the penguin dinosaur and birds

http://wd-40s.tumblr.com/

October 11, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
sanvhez

Where did you found all of these known fabrics from all the brands on the web ?
October 11, 2012 @ 07:17 PM
backspacecentury

What do you guys think of that cap? I'm not sure about it.
October 11, 2012 @ 07:25 PM

Inactive

@mregotting Thanks

@sharkin Fair point but it's easier said than done I guess, that's why rare fabrics are rare, because they're hard to find. I mean especially here in UK there are not many fabric shops around. Where I am at least there isn't one fabric shop, not for a good 10 miles. I'm going round a couple shops at the weekend so hopefully I'll find something good.

www.blackcampmarket.com | www.facebook.com/blackcampmarket

October 11, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
Okay.

Spitta ‏@CurrenSy_Spitta
Corduroy Ralph Lauren 5panels?.... Yes I'll have them all... Thank u

anyone got any info on these??

where the azn girls at

October 11, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
vis

Ok, here it goes. These are just a few we like, we have a lot more fabrics that we are considering. Let us know what you think of these, which stand out etc. And what do you think of the name, it was just the first thing that came to our mind for the purpose of the image but we quite like it.

I'd cop that shroom
October 11, 2012 @ 08:19 PM

Inactive

Where did you found all of these known fabrics from all the brands on the web ?

Multiple places, they're not easy to find but they are there, I do like to think I'm a bit of a search genius though, can find almost anything online.

October 11, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
somekindof

If you're doing limited runs of novelty print hats, for the love of god source your fabrics by hand and use vintage deadstock stuff where you can.

This.
I have a lot of vintage fabrics laying around wich i sourced by hand in thrift stores, markets, old peoples houses (for real),... also, i've made hats using fabrics from vintage clothing i bought and cut. But this is not easy to do when you want to produce more than just one hat each..
October 11, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
Iarumas

Bummed me out so much to see Only NY replicas, people who make them should be shot.
Nevermind, people who wears replicas/hop on every new trend will always be dickriders, trendfollowers and faggots anyway.
October 11, 2012 @ 09:07 PM
Jacobos

Ok, here it goes. These are just a few we like, we have a lot more fabrics that we are considering. Let us know what you think of these, which stand out etc. And what do you think of the name, it was just the first thing that came to our mind for the purpose of the image but we quite like it.

IM IN LOVE THAT DINOSAUR 5 panel.
October 11, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
minsct

Don't blame you guys for cashing in on the trend, but those animal fabrics are such poor quality when it comes to fabrics and they're about as rare as pennies. There's a store 10 blocks down the street from me that has like 75% of the all over prints that I see companies using.

If you're doing limited runs of novelty print hats, for the love of god source your fabrics by hand and use vintage deadstock stuff where you can. These companies that operate by buying the fabrics as cheap as they can online and sending them off to a manufacturer are a joke.

Agreed. I source everything by hand and would never purchase fabric online.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

October 11, 2012 @ 09:46 PM
spenc

@mproc Thanks, and you mean this fabric?

fucksing sick fabric make that
Raised by Wolves dropped a bunch of new five panels.

http://www.raisedbywolves.ca/shop.html

not gonna lie for just basic color camp caps I think 60 bucks is a bit over priced if you ask me.
October 11, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

Inactive

I don't understand what everyone has against buying fabrics online. I know a lot of them are shit and it's nice to source by hand but I mean, if you find a nice fabric online, even it's not the most unique but a really nice print, and it's good quality... why not buy it?

So all the fabrics you do buy from small shops etc, if the exact same fabric was online you wouldn't buy it? I agree it's nice to source by hand but unless your producing very limited quantities it's hard and your not going to get any where near as much choice in a shop as you'll get online. I'm sure there's literally millions of fabrics online, they can't all be shit.

October 11, 2012 @ 10:57 PM
mikeyei

I don't understand what everyone has against buying fabrics online. I know a lot of them are shit and it's nice to source by hand but I mean, if you find a nice fabric online, even it's not the most unique but a very nice print, and it's good quality... why not buy it?

So all the fabrics you do buy from small shops etc, if the exact same fabric was online you wouldn't buy it? I agree it's nice to source by hand but unless your producing very limited quantities it's hard and your not going to get any where near as much choice in a shop as you'll get online. I'm sure there's literally millions of fabrics online, they can't all be shit.

Agreed, can't wait to see some of your final products for the 5-panels. The deigns looks great!!
October 11, 2012 @ 10:57 PM
mikeyei

Designs**
October 11, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
aphex

I don't understand what everyone has against buying fabrics online. I know a lot of them are shit and it's nice to source by hand but I mean, if you find a nice fabric online, even it's not the most unique but a really nice print, and it's good quality... why not buy it?

I have nothing against online fabrics, a lot of them are nice, of course the stuff you source by hand is going to be more rare and maybe a bit more unique but you get a lot more choice online meaning online you get the best of the best, from a shop you only get the best of that shop. And I bet you a lot of the online fabric seller are stores that are trying to sell online.
October 11, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
caribouchris

not gonna lie for just basic color camp caps I think 60 bucks is a bit over priced if you ask me.

Free shipping though, so I feel that it is worth it. So really they'd be $45-50 caps. PLUS they make the best fitting caps I've ever tried. Plusx2 they are a Canadian brand, so gotta support RBW.

http://www.clyw.ca

October 11, 2012 @ 11:26 PM
jimbo

can anyone tell me how raised by wolves caps fit? in comparison to TQL, dqm, durkl
October 11, 2012 @ 11:54 PM
john0966

@blackcampmarket I dig all the previews you put up. I'm excited to see more!

Shoes n shit http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/forum/topic/187366/ http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/181940/?topic_page=1#post-3725825

October 12, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

Inactive

Will put some pictures of some more of the fabrics we are thinking of using. Does anyone know how much fabric is approximately needed to make 10 hats, just to cover the crown?

October 12, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
magmar

Will put some pictures of some more of the fabrics we are thinking of using. Does anyone know how much fabric is approximately needed to make 10 hats, just to cover the crown?

about 1 1/2 yards. 1 yard makes about 7 crowns.

my $0.02 on the online vs. hand sourcing fabrics. I've been to fabric stores and browsed online for fabrics. Most of the prints I was interested in the fabric stores I can easily get the exact same one online but cheaper so why not? Sure you can find some vintage stuff in fabric stores that you can't find online but that goes the other way around too. Anyone can look at some of Moupia's hats and google the fabric they use and be like "pshh, it's so easy to find that fabric!" and somehow people see it as less "rare" or high quality, but Moupia is the one that decided to put that print on a hat, they're the ones that had that idea and without that, people wouldn't be googling "polar bear fabric" or whatever to find that.
October 12, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
spenc

Free shipping though, so I feel that it is worth it. So really they'd be $45-50 caps. PLUS they make the best fitting caps I've ever tried. Plusx2 they are a Canadian brand, so gotta support RBW.

ya i suppose, just wish they were a bit more unique
October 12, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
spenc

Hey guys just kinda spitballing lately possible thinking about making a small run of camps. anyways.. I know this might sound annoying but does anyone know contacts for any good manufacturers I could get into touch with? Also does anyone have any tips for a new guy in the game?

Thanks and help would be much appreciated!! smile smile
October 12, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
chads

@blackcampmarket
Sure, these fabric haven't been used on any existing caps but if you are under the impression that these are original then I would have to say you are sadly mistaken. Regardless if they are different fabrics, it still follows the same current theme/trend that is animals and outdoorsy prints. Now I'm not even remotely trying to tell you not to produce these because I know you will and already have gotten praise from the same trend whores who frequent this thread and in addition I bet you will sell out of them and all will be grand for you. My point is merely that these are not original and that using different animals doesn't make it original.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

October 12, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
jetageoflotus

I´m sorry to say what I´m gonna say, but this is what I think.
Are "crazy" 5-panels "in" yes (you guys have actually created a trend) so, soon you´ll see them more and more untill they burn, and then we will go back to normal.
Are camp caps original? No, not anymore. They were 2 years ago, even 1 year ago. it is soo easy to go and look for fabrics online, and put a matching korduroy or suede peak on it . Every drop I am seeing this days, like the just anounced Moupia animal series uses this formula. I have seen those fabrics already and have browsed trough different fabric retailers.

I still think camps are cool because they are light, they offer good transpiration to the head, and they also have a beautiful shape. There are a lot of cool brands, yes… but they drop only 20 per style each time, and that is nothing for a big market as big as the world.
Thats why they sell so fast. Watch out! Because one day the steep curve of demand will fall down so fast… and it is gonna be a heavy fall. That is why nobody make big amounts of hats. When will this happen? Nobody knows.
Buy a 5-panel because you love them, not because they are "so original" or to resell it again ( that practice is called specullation, by the way) Do not care if others have it or if it is fashion or not. Wear it proud because you like this hats, because you like the colors and because you want to do it.

Who would´t like to create beutiful hats like this.Why not?
The word is born.

word dude.
im new to these hats you could say... i got into them like a year or more ago and i seriously prefer these over any kind of hats, i never wore hats until these. the shape and how they fit is so comfy. Not only that but i love art and some of these hats are really artistic in my view. First hat i got was ONLY NY evergreen cord..wore it eeerrrday . Once all the hype goes down (soon hopefully) ill still for sure be buying these.

One in the chamber, 32 in the clip.

October 12, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
InformalApparel

@blackcampmarket that dinosaur and penguins ones fit in a little more to other companies styles than i thought they would, but these ones are great and fit my style. As for the rest, they are all well-thought of as well and great pieces, just not my style. As for the name Amphorus, I am not too sure what that even means (if anything as I think you made it up), but it is creative and original, not playing off other english words or using something conventional, instead being different. I am getting a little over the hats with patterned crowns and a different plain brim, I feel companies should start to sort it up a little, like dramamine did recently (not sayin their choice of leather top/suede underbrim was good, but maybe having a color that matches the majority of the crown on the bottom with a contrasting top bill, or vice versa with the top and bottom. I also want to see some more experimentation with materials on the crown (like thick cords/denims/felts/velvets/flannels/nylons/fleeces etc etc), just slightly different materials with simple patterns or solid colors, still having interesting brims. It seems to me (and I say to me because you all might have different opinions) that companies/people either give up nice material for a pattern, or they give up on pattern for a nice material (and I mean for the whole hat, if they have pattern on one part I feel they skip material on the whole thing besides the stereotypical suede, or if they have material on some they forget pattern). I would really like to see people putting more creativity into both aspects for hats, instead of just one of the two..... I hope you all understand me. But also I would like to see people experiment a bit more with the crown materials of hats if they do a patterned brim and plain color crown, instead of having the standard cotton canvas or twills etc. Im just interested in material variety a lot as well as pattern, so like thick cords or denims or velvet or flannels etc as the crown with a patterned (nice cotton or suede or tweed or cord etc again) brim.

Feedback on my thoughts from anyone would be appreciated, to see if anyone else is thinking a long my lines

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198218 - Some Supreme and The Quiet Life FS (PM for all my others not listed)

October 12, 2012 @ 01:35 AM

Inactive

about 1 1/2 yards. 1 yard makes about 7 crowns.

my $0.02 on the online vs. hand sourcing fabrics. I've been to fabric stores and browsed online for fabrics. Most of the prints I was interested in the fabric stores I can easily get the exact same one online but cheaper so why not? Sure you can find some vintage stuff in fabric stores that you can't find online but that goes the other way around too. Anyone can look at some of Moupia's hats and google the fabric they use and be like "pshh, it's so easy to find that fabric!" and somehow people see it as less "rare" or high quality, but Moupia is the one that decided to put that print on a hat, they're the ones that had that idea and without that, people wouldn't be googling "polar bear fabric" or whatever to find that.

Thats more than $0.02, you got it spot on in my opinion. And thanks for the help, I was going to contact you direct as I know you've been through the process. Don't know why but I was under the impression a yard of fabric made 2 crowns. Thanks for the info.

October 12, 2012 @ 01:38 AM

Inactive

@chadacadabra Each to their own, you obviously don't but some may find it unique. I see where your coming from though, if you step back it's just another animal print or whatever but lets face it, thats what's in at the moment and as much as I'd like to, I'm not looking to start a new trend, I'm just looking for a successful brand that's going to bring in some extra cash.

October 12, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
somekindof

@mbad5669 i completely agree on the material part. i've got an idea for something that's pretty unique, but i'll have to wait 9 months to realize it since i'm on an exchange project..
October 12, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
chads

@chadacadabra Each to their own, you obviously don't but some may find it unique. I see where your coming from though, if you step back it's just another animal print or whatever but lets face it, thats what's in at the moment and as much as I'd like to, I'm not looking to start a new trend, I'm just looking for a successful brand that's going to bring in some extra cash.

I totally understand that which is why I acknowledged that I'm sure you will still make them because people will still buy them. Personally I'd prefer to start my own wave but I know many people lack creativity and would rather go with the flow.
But also on the point of the last line, I going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you have a little bit of passion but if you don't then I'm sorry for you. Starting a brand isn't about making a profit, its about what you have to bring to the table. The way you worded it makes it sound like you are only out to get a quick buck which is stupid but I guess do what you gotta do to pay the bills.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.