300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
August 17, 2011 @ 03:46 AM

Inactive

Collabos...

How do companies normally split the costs?

Let's say Brand A is more popular than Brand B, should Brand A pay for all marketing and sell on their site(given there's no traffic on Brand B's site)?

What if Brand B is solely responsible for the design, do both brands split the costs of the production and profits evenly?

Interested to hear your thoughts and hopefully companies who've experienced collaborations.
Thanks.
August 17, 2011 @ 04:20 AM
D. Rose

never really thought about that. im interested as well

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

August 17, 2011 @ 06:51 PM
Fictitious

Here's my thought.

Both brands have access to the design file, they can order / reorder from their manufacturer as they please, both keep the money they make themselves .

For Collabs that are sold in boutiques, the boutique gets a cut as well.
August 18, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
originalhype

Collabos...

How do companies normally split the costs?

usually 50/50, 40/60, or 30/70, depends on who the bigger company is.

Let's say Brand A is more popular than Brand B, should Brand A pay for all marketing and sell on their site(given there's no traffic on Brand B's site)?

That usually the case but again depends, if A is bigger and have more exposure, then they should because again, its exposure that has the power.

What if Brand B is solely responsible for the design, do both brands split the costs of the production and profits evenly?

If the silhouette is the same but the design is different I.E. if the frame is the same and the only difference is pattern or materials then it's much better for the company that made the silhouette to produce because they have more experience with the silhouette. The only different is the design. Giving it to a new factory creates time and cost.

Interested to hear your thoughts and hopefully companies who've experienced collaborations.
Thanks.

big example is BAPE. BAPE is trendier, carhart is not but since BAPE likes the quality of carhartt, then BAPE would contact carhart and they would design something using carhartt fabrics and quality. the only thing would change is the design.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

August 18, 2011 @ 03:25 PM
mike868y

what if one brand is the manufacturer? (n&f x bJ).
August 18, 2011 @ 03:39 PM
originalhype

what if one brand is the manufacturer? (n&f x bJ).

If the brand is also have their own factories then it saves time. If both can do it. Depends on who can produce it cheaper and better. They do test runs and prototypes to make sure everything passes the require specifications.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

August 26, 2011 @ 04:35 PM
Rockwe11

Personally, I think that it is probably like any business transaction. You can negotiate and if the terms are beneficial for both parties (or sometimes not so beneficial), you get production and sell your supply. In business there is no such as a thing as a set rule.
August 27, 2011 @ 01:07 AM
AGENTSPITS

I've always been curious about this, and asked a couple people, but I've always figured it's just pretty much gonna vary on a case to case basis, but it's still good to hear the different details from those who have experienced it so you know what you might be up against.

KLCodes.com (Karmaloop Codes) | Cop A Fuck Your Hustle Tee! 20% Off w/ Code "AGENTSPITS http://ShopFYH.com | FittedFemales.com

August 28, 2011 @ 01:38 AM
ballinobudget

Interesting!!
There have been some amazing Colabs as of late..
what is a colab that you guys would like to see the most??
>sad
September 12, 2011 @ 02:36 PM
Juki

So in the case of Supreme, who does more collabs than anyone, do you think older more established companies are always reaching out to them for promotion or vice versa. I would guess that companies like Levis don't need collabos but it still happens. Do you think Supreme profits more from these collabs in the big picture?

Doubleclutchhoops.com

September 12, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
BMC

i would like to collab

Broken Mindz Clothing/Screen Printing Service Brokenmindzclothing@gmail.com IG: BrokenMindz

September 16, 2011 @ 11:00 AM
originalhype

So in the case of Supreme, who does more collabs than anyone, do you think older more established companies are always reaching out to them for promotion or vice versa. I would guess that companies like Levis don't need collabos but it still happens. Do you think Supreme profits more from these collabs in the big picture?

supreme will usually call them "older more established companies" because supreme hasn't been establish enough in the market. Their still young a viewed as a hype/image brand than clothing brand.

and yes, supreme does profit more.

September 16, 2011 @ 04:18 PM
Okay.

I want a diamond the hundreds collab...

With like a diamond fused with the adam bomb

where the azn girls at

September 16, 2011 @ 04:44 PM
warts

I want a diamond the hundreds collab...

With like a diamond fused with the adam bomb

You are retarded.

Please login first to reply.