Herschel Supply Co. vs Jansport Backpacks

Aug 15, 2011 @ 00:04
heritage seemed too tacky imo

like it would be dated in a year or two

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

Aug 15, 2011 @ 00:07
hmmmmmm, well, think its decent imo, and if its too loud, ill go with the classic
Aug 15, 2011 @ 23:44
I've had both and Herschel use better quality materials and they look better overall. Jansport is cool but Herschel >

http://soundcloud.com/thegre4toutdoors

Aug 16, 2011 @ 19:33
herschel is def. better quality
Aug 17, 2011 @ 01:01
I've got a black jansport and a black classic from Herschel right now, Herschel is better quality. Even though they're both plain backpacks I think the Herschel looks better too, the hints of brown on the straps look nice along with the small tag on the front of the backpack.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 05:45
Eastpack >
Aug 17, 2011 @ 14:04
herschel ftw
Aug 17, 2011 @ 16:37
Karmaloop just got the heritage back in stock. copped it for $52 shipped. Just wondering, what are the front pockets like. Do they have those pencil compartments? like jansport
Aug 17, 2011 @ 17:28
Karmaloop just got the heritage back in stock. copped it for $52 shipped. Just wondering, what are the front pockets like. Do they have those pencil compartments? like jansport

No, they don't.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 18:54
No, they don't.

shiit

How do you store your pencils?

I'll probably order one anyway lol

I just hope i dont go back to school and see 100 kids all with herschel

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

Aug 17, 2011 @ 19:50
shiit

pencil case

In the sacred name of Dulcinea

Aug 17, 2011 @ 19:55
For me it comes down to what your gonna use it for.
I'm down with both brands.

Herschel has nicer design. So if your trying to have a good looking bag for class or for your laptop or something.

Jansport is better quality and has a life time warranty so it's good for everyday use and is more versatile.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 20:29
just got my herschel little america in the mail today.

quality is awesome. recommend it.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 21:10
Had a chance to finally check out Herschel, really great design and quality from what I saw.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 22:07
Just got my herschel pop quiz in the mail today. It is real nice the sleeve for the laptop is a cool feature. I think its time I finally retire my black jansport backpack after so many years.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 22:09
Just got my herschel pop quiz in the mail today. It is real nice the sleeve for the laptop is a cool feature. I think its time I finally retire my black jansport backpack after so many years.

I kind of wanted that, but it felt a bit too expensive for me. tongueface
Aug 17, 2011 @ 22:12
shiit

I usually just throw them in the small sleeve or put them in my pocket. There's a phone sleeve in the big sleeve, so you could put your pencils there, or your phone/ipod/mp3 to listen to music out the headset jack.

edit: yeah I'm just hoping none of them have any herschel.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 22:19
I kind of wanted that, but it felt a bit too expensive for me. tongueface

Yea I was thinking that at first also but used a kloop coupon and I got the backpack and 2 triumvir tees for 80 and free shipping.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 22:22
Yea I was thinking that at first also but used a kloop coupon and I got the backpack and 2 triumvir tees for 80 and free shipping.

Pretty good deal you got there, though.
Aug 18, 2011 @ 01:55
God I hope no one has it at my school. I see how fast it runs out on websites and shit though....
Aug 18, 2011 @ 11:35
God I hope no one has it at my school. I see how fast it runs out on websites and shit though....

same smhsmh

Aug 18, 2011 @ 15:04
anyone know where i can cop one of these bags in toronto besides getoutside?

Aug 18, 2011 @ 15:28
anyone know where i can cop one of these bags in toronto besides getoutside?

I hear they sell them at nordstroms or urban outfitters. its better to get it online cause its cheaper though...
Aug 19, 2011 @ 11:38
I hear they sell them at nordstroms or urban outfitters. its better to get it online cause its cheaper though...

yea i saw them at urban outfitters.. where online are you seeing them for cheaper? on their site and urban outfitters the pop quiz is still 69$

Aug 19, 2011 @ 11:59
well the retail prices are the same. But there's stores like theAttic which had a 30% off sale. And on Karmaloop you can use promo codes too. Sorry, I didnt mean its priced cheaper, you just can get it for cheaper with use of promo codes and special offers.
Aug 19, 2011 @ 12:29
ordered a classic from KL last night

Aug 19, 2011 @ 14:40
The Herschel back pack with the brown bottom looked ugly. The leather on that looked too tan + fake pleather. There was no texture on it. It came up way too high.
Aug 19, 2011 @ 14:49
The Herschel back pack with the brown bottom looked ugly. The leather on that looked too tan + fake pleather. There was no texture on it. It came up way too high.

Lol, I like the leather, it looks nice.
Aug 21, 2011 @ 15:47
I thought the leather on the Pop Quiz was nice too until I was actually holding the pack in my hand. Regardless these bags are made well from what I felt. I went w the black settlement gold zipper one.. pretty satisfied so far, except for a few loose threads that were there on all the bags at the store

Aug 21, 2011 @ 16:34
I think I am going to go with a Black Settlement too. The popquiz looks nice but it seems small.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0