Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 6, 2012 @ 03:37 AM
YK-

Just recently launched the 2012 spring lookbook for my Virginia-based brand STANDARDZ® and wanted to get you all's feedback. This is our very first collection, so I'm open to any suggestions as to what we could improve on, or keep doing.

http://STANDARDZZZ.COM

- peace

Don't like the name that much but was seriously digging the graphics until this picture. Seriously, another box logo rip off? I expect it from some really shitty brands but you def seem to have a cool aesthetic and a good attention to detail so this totally ruined it for me.
This comment is directed at you but I mean this for every start up brand. Box logos are one of the most ripped off designs in all of clothing. It shows no craftsmanship, no originality and no creativity. Its not even like you are taking inspiration from it, you are just trying to get something out of all this hype. I seriously would dissuade anybody from doing any box logo esque designs.

Edit: I do give props on the cookbook and it being shot in film. Thats dope imo

Thanks for the feedback man. As far as the box logo stickers go, it's actually a joke towards "hypebeast" who go all out to purchase Supreme just because of the hype behind. Basically calling them "Suckers" (lol). Guess I'll need to make that more clear in the future.

Those stickers are dope as hell. I don't think people understand that it's a jab. For real though, good work.
June 6, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
angelooo

Just recently launched the 2012 spring lookbook for my Virginia-based brand STANDARDZ® and wanted to get you all's feedback. This is our very first collection, so I'm open to any suggestions as to what we could improve on, or keep doing.

- peace

Don't like the name that much but was seriously digging the graphics until this picture. Seriously, another box logo rip off? I expect it from some really shitty brands but you def seem to have a cool aesthetic and a good attention to detail so this totally ruined it for me.
This comment is directed at you but I mean this for every start up brand. Box logos are one of the most ripped off designs in all of clothing. It shows no craftsmanship, no originality and no creativity. Its not even like you are taking inspiration from it, you are just trying to get something out of all this hype. I seriously would dissuade anybody from doing any box logo esque designs.

Edit: I do give props on the cookbook and it being shot in film. Thats dope imo

Thanks for the feedback man. As far as the box logo stickers go, it's actually a joke towards "hypebeast" who go all out to purchase Supreme just because of the hype behind. Basically calling them "Suckers" (lol). Guess I'll need to make that more clear in the future.

Those stickers are dope as hell. I don't think people understand that it's a jab. For real though, good work.

Thanks a lot man, really.

+ + +

June 6, 2012 @ 03:58 AM
hypebeast1

Photo of the Day; gg

www.gg-apparel.com
June 6, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
lstplcwnr

so fucking cheesy
June 6, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
lstplcwnr

target market: illipinos
June 6, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
samweinberg

- peace

Looks good, the brand captures that retro vibe perfectly. Not a fan of those Supreme parody stickers tho, they don't have anything to do with the rest of the brand and are almost expected.

City Limits - Fall 2012

June 6, 2012 @ 01:29 PM
noneotherclothes

I have be locally selling my products with a lot of success and im trying to expand my brand nationwide! help me out with some feedback. noneotherclothing.bigcartel.com

Please help us out and stop spamming the thread

hey chadacadbra how about you live th forum since all you do is hate on people? You dont add anything to the converstation!

Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/noneotherclothing and get some gear at noneotherclothing.com!

June 6, 2012 @ 02:21 PM
chads

I have be locally selling my products with a lot of success and im trying to expand my brand nationwide! help me out with some feedback. noneotherclothing.bigcartel.com

hey chadacadbra how about you live th forum since all you do is hate on people? You dont add anything to the converstation!

You have been on here for less than a month while I have been on here for 6 providing insight and all of my opinions. Go back and you will see many posts by me. I try not to hate on anyone but one thing I do hate is when people come on here just trying to sell their stuff. I have nothing wrong with trying to get some feedback as well as giving it but this was not made for the purposes of promotion.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 6, 2012 @ 03:21 PM
Hellah Fresh

Yo Yoooo! Anyone know where i can find some nice fitting wholesale blank tanks?
June 6, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
noneotherclothes

You have been on here for less than a month while I have been on here for 6 providing insight and all of my opinions. Go back and you will see many posts by me. I try not to hate on anyone but one thing I do hate is when people come on here just trying to sell their stuff. I have nothing wrong with trying to get some feedback as well as giving it but this was not made for the purposes of promotion.

im not trying to just sell my stuff. If you could read you would have read it said "help me out with some feedback" not go buy my stuff. You just hate on everyone I have read your post on a lot of the post you have made.

Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/noneotherclothing and get some gear at noneotherclothing.com!

June 6, 2012 @ 04:51 PM
karakter1

no need for forum police.

there are a few brands who post some pics here that aren't looking for feedback....just posting some cool designs....should they be arrested also?

i feel you on spam....i like the integrity of the thread...but its all good here.
June 6, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
chads

Yo Yoooo! Anyone know where i can find some nice fitting wholesale blank tanks?

American Apparel and Alternative Apparel make good ones.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 6, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
angelooo

- peace

Looks good, the brand captures that retro vibe perfectly. Not a fan of those Supreme parody stickers tho, they don't have anything to do with the rest of the brand and are almost expected.

Much appreciated. The stickers come with the purchase of each tee as a small "thank you" sort of thing. I could see if it was on a product, but it's nothing to take seriously.

+ + +

June 6, 2012 @ 05:41 PM
angelooo

- peace

The tees look pretty clean. The shirt in the second pic is my favorite design.

Ha, yeah that's everyone's favorite from what I've heard.
I thought for sure the light blue one would be the most sought after.

+ + +

June 6, 2012 @ 06:29 PM
vkbyvk

We started a line a while back have 7 shirts printed and for sale. We really would like some unbiased opinions to help us. So if you could please take a moment of your time to check out our web-store to review our designs and let us know which ones are good and bad. We would really appreciate it.
Thank You

http://www.vkbyvk.com http://www.facebook.com/vkbyvk

June 6, 2012 @ 06:35 PM
branny

Almost every brand has a box logo sticker, no supreme isn't the first to do it, no one is ripping off supreme for having box logo stickers. Maybe the same red and white color way isn't something you should put out, but in his case hes generating the message towards the fags that buy supreme for the name.

Stop hating
June 6, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
FLVMINCO

Almost every brand has a box logo sticker, no supreme isn't the first to do it, no one is ripping off supreme for having box logo stickers. Maybe the same red and white color way isn't something you should put out, but in his case hes generating the message towards the fags that buy supreme for the name.

Stop hating

^This, but the tees are dope none the less.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

June 6, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
minsct

Yo homies! It is finally here minsct.com/store! After much hard work we are proud to announce the online shop! At just the click of a button you can now order Minsct products from across the globe. With the integrated Paypal payment system being one of the safest and secure ways to buy online, we guarantee buyer satisfaction with the most efficient and timely shipping to the USA and Canada at a reduced flat rate. Currently in the store, we have an extremely limited number of Universal Visions collaborative hoodies available and a small amount of this past seasons t-shirts. Once these are gone, they will be gone forever. To all those who have supported and believed in our Vision so far, we thank you. We guarantee that we will keep the progression moving and provide you with quality merchandise. Check out a few photos and videos from our latest projects. Welcome to the chop club.

minsct.com
Minsct Facebook
Minsct Twitter
Minsct Tumblr

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

June 6, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
FLVMINCO

The design really looks best on the black hoodie, the grey one is dope too but the maroon hoodie the coloring on the eyes doesn't really go with it.

June 6, 2012 @ 08:30 PM
minsct

The design really looks best on the black hoodie, the grey one is dope too but the maroon hoodie the coloring on the eyes doesn't really go with it.

I appreciate your insight. We are all about experimenting and taking risks with printing, designs and color. Some people have mentioned that they actually enjoy the burgundy hoodie the best out of all three. I guess its all subjective.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

June 6, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
samweinberg

Stop hating

I'm not saying they were the first to do it and I never said "ripping off". But there's no denying that the current trend is a nod to supreme.

City Limits - Fall 2012

June 6, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
Jake Ocean

Stop hating

I'm not saying they were the first to do it and I never said "ripping off". But there's no denying that the current trend is a nod to supreme.

supreme made it popular, and no, not every brand has a box logo. agreed with sam

http://www.distantlight.co

June 6, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
FLVMINCO

I appreciate your insight. We are all about experimenting and taking risks with printing, designs and color. Some people have mentioned that they actually enjoy the burgundy hoodie the best out of all three. I guess its all subjective.

Yeah for me it's just the simplicity of the black overall gives it a nicer tone, but I can see where people would like the burgundy one. But overall its a good start I do like the logo on the front and i appreciate the placement.

June 7, 2012 @ 02:49 PM
JonnyRabbit

- peace

Kudos Angelo.

AnmlHse Philadelphia - Design Collective/Brand / http://anmlhse.com

June 7, 2012 @ 03:50 PM
karakter1

those rectangle box stickers are pretty common and standard. most brands, most people in general that print stickers, use that format.
June 7, 2012 @ 03:52 PM
linsanity

suspended

- peace

really nice stuff!
Kudos Angelo.
June 7, 2012 @ 04:02 PM
karakter1

here is ONLY NY box logo rectangle sticker....ive seen many brands do these...they really dont remind me of supreme at all..

but if some of you guys decide not to make rectangle box stickers...then i guess whatever shape you choose will be just as good.
June 7, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
FLVMINCO

The B/W Only NY stickers look dope. But I don't see why the box sticker is so tied into supreme it's not like they just thought of the idea to make a rectangular sticker.

June 7, 2012 @ 06:28 PM
hapns

Hey -

I have a new brand - its called HAPNS. We are based out of Portland, OR. Check it out and let me know what you think.

MC

www.hapnscloth.com

Your stuff is really clean, I dig it.

Thanks. Still building the image. Our next drop is gonna be dialed!

Heres one of our first hats.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:33 PM
wordtomarsh

here is ONLY NY box logo rectangle sticker....ive seen many brands do these...they really dont remind me of supreme at all..

but if some of you guys decide not to make rectangle box stickers...then i guess whatever shape you choose will be just as good.

yea, kids need to get their history right. Supreme wasn't the first to brand the box logo and not every box logo reminds people of Supreme, unless that's all you know

Please login first to reply.