Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 30, 2012 @ 06:04 AM
stillwild

Let me know what you guys think!

thaaaat monogram. you need to redo that. if it didn't say big and mighty on the bottom, i wouldnt have known what it said.

Yeah I feel you just the M I couldn't find a right size or way In showing it. What do u think about that first pic?

Try having the two outer legs of the M extend beyond the B, and expand the A as well.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

May 30, 2012 @ 06:16 AM
scarlem

does anyone have any information regarding stickers and pins? also, the cost of rate for production?

pseudoism.tumblr.com

May 30, 2012 @ 06:23 AM
TimothyK

a
May 30, 2012 @ 08:26 AM
stillwild

inspiring piece by bobby hundreds
http://thehundreds.com/blog/2011/07/12/just-work-hard-its-not-hard-work/

good read for those of us who consider ourselves entrepreneurs to whatever degree.

May 30, 2012 @ 01:01 PM
chads

good read for those of us who consider ourselves entrepreneurs to whatever degree.

I don't like his brand all the much but Bobby has got to be one of the coolest, most knowledgeable, well spoken people in the game!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

May 30, 2012 @ 01:27 PM
kromaqee

Below is a pic of a jacket made for my Fall 2012 delivery. I noticed there aren't many finished examples of cut & sew pieces on here and wanted to lend an example of what small brands are doing in that arena. This jacket is made in the USA with a water repellent nylon material and micro fiber on the shoulders. I am open to help answer any questions short of "who made that for you". Sorry. Trade secret.

Its good to see someone really putting in some real work on a garment. Hopefully I can say the same soon! Just curious... do construct and sew this yourself or do you have a pattern maker etc...

The company that made it for me also had a pattern maker. I had an older garment that was similar to what I wanted so we made a few adjustments and developed a pattern based on that. It's easier than I thought. Apparently a lot of companies adapt old pieces. Sometimes they even adapt current pieces of competitors and make patterns based on that!

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

May 30, 2012 @ 02:08 PM
projectxxiv

Hey guys! After a year or so of a whole lot of research, planning, designing and headaches, we finally launched our first Spring 2012 collection in our online store. Just wanted to officially get the Project XXIV name out here in the Hypebeast forums because many of you have been such a source of knowledge and inspiration for me. If you have a few minutes, stop by www.projectxxiv.com and hit me up with some feedback. We've only been open for a little over a month, so it's a big time for the brand as we continue to get the name out and grow into our future collections. We have some big projects lined up so we hope some of you will stay tuned. Completely open to any feedback you guys could offer! I'm a newcomer to posting in the forums, but definitely looking forward to being part of the Hypebeast community. Thanks!

http://www.projectxxiv.com/
http://www.facebook.com/projectxxiv
http://www.twitter.com/projectxxiv

As far as the website its looking pretty professional compare to anyone in this thread besides a few. However personally I think putting a picture of yourself in the about and describing yourself is really dumb, no one cares who you are and it reflects on your products in a negative way imo at least. If you don't mind how much did it cost to build the site?

Thanks for the words man. I can see where you're coming from as far as the about page, but I do just feel that I would like my customers to get a sense of where my products and brand are coming from. I do think that having a personal feel to interacting with my customers is something that could make my brand stand out further than the average Big Name retailers that sell you a product and let you know nothing about the story behind it. I designed the entire website, and everything with the brand for that matter, myself so I was able to cut a lot of cost that way. Thanks again for the feedback, though. Much appreciated.

www.projectxxiv.com

May 30, 2012 @ 02:11 PM
Jake Ocean

does anyone have any information regarding stickers and pins? also, the cost of rate for production?

doing a simple google search will find you tons of resources. for pins I recommend pure bottons or cheapestbuttons

http://www.distantlight.co

May 30, 2012 @ 02:15 PM
projectxxiv

As far as the website its looking pretty professional compare to anyone in this thread besides a few. However personally I think putting a picture of yourself in the about and describing yourself is really dumb, no one cares who you are and it reflects on your products in a negative way imo at least. If you don't mind how much did it cost to build the site?

I think Johnny Cupcakes and Bobby Hundreds have photos of themselves on their about pages. Sometimes making the brand slightly more personal can actually be positive.

Definitely nothing wrong with following any of the footsteps of those guys! I can think of a few other brands who use the same personal stories. Benny Gold, for one, has been really inspirational for me coming from a graphic designer's background and attending the same university. I've talked with him a couple times about the industry and his whole story is something I feel really stands his brand out from many of the rest.

www.projectxxiv.com

May 30, 2012 @ 03:20 PM
stillwild

I don't like his brand all the much but Bobby has got to be one of the coolest, most knowledgeable, well spoken people in the game!

The Hundreds is hit and miss for me, but yes, for sure. I totally admire his analytical ability, the man can break down, compartmentalize and disseminate info. in such a dope way.

May 30, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
octopusfetish

Might have to purchase something from you man.

Thanks homie, I really appreciate your words! I'm glad you dig the illustrations!

Someone already replied to you about the pins, but if you're going for a big batch of stickers (250 a run) I think your best bet would be www.stickerobot.com. They're cheap and high quality. The only con is they do gang runs which is part of the reason why they're so cheap, so it make take a while for your stickers to ship. But many big heads use them.

Can't really give you the cost rate cuz I don't know what you're looking for, everything varies based on size but peep this, http://stickerobot.com/order/

The Hundreds is hit and miss for me, but yes, for sure. I totally admire his analytical ability, the man can break down, compartmentalize and disseminate info. in such a dope way.

I read that before and for some reason it pisses me off. I agree with everything he's saying, and maybe it's just me, but I feel the article has such a condescending tone.

I'm just a vagabond with Flowers For Algernon.

May 30, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
oldmajor

swornsailor.com handmade in california

Swornsailor.com instagram @swornsailor

May 30, 2012 @ 10:54 PM
valleyla

Hey guys!

I don't have a line started up but I'm looking to get one rolling in the future. I know some of you may not want to help out "competition" or anything but if anyone can point me in the direction of resources, information and whatnot for starting up a brand that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance!
May 30, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
Jake Ocean

Hey guys!

I don't have a line started up but I'm looking to get one rolling in the future. I know some of you may not want to help out "competition" or anything but if anyone can point me in the direction of resources, information and whatnot for starting up a brand that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance!

do it your self

May 30, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
Jake Ocean

swornsailor.com handmade in california

dope

May 30, 2012 @ 11:17 PM
octopusfetish

Hey guys!

Thanks in advance!

PM me your e-mail. I've got A LOT of stuff I can help you with. I know I sure as hell wish I had someone help me out when I started up so I'm down to offer you everything I know and learned. I'm also in contact with a cheap, quality printer which I just switched over to. They hit me up after seeing my designs cuz they wanted them in their portfolio. They started a little under a year ago so their prices are really nice; they advanced so quickly within 6 months they got their own warehouse and have printed shirts for Wiz, Rockstar and Hot Topic.

May 30, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
Jake Ocean

your not gonna do well if you just have things handed to you. part of learning is finding these things for your self. it's a heuristic process.

May 30, 2012 @ 11:30 PM
valleyla

your not gonna do well if you just have things handed to you. part of learning is finding these things for your self. it's a heuristic process.

Where did I say I want someone to come up with the name, logo, designs, marketing, promotion, printing, distribution, or capital for me? I just asked for some small resources around building a brand. I'm doing it all myself but being able to be pointed in the right direction helps. You're telling me you wouldn't have loved someone to help you out with pointing you in the directions of resources? That's a lie. I'm sure a good deal of time going in to brands is wasted time looking for resources on your own and going in circles. I see nothing wrong with someone trying to cut time in that and have that time for more productive things for getting the brand up and running.

Come on man, we're all here for the same thing so I see no reason as to why a helping hand can't be lent to someone who has the same passion as you.
May 30, 2012 @ 11:30 PM
octopusfetish

I agree with you to an extent. You gotta discover things on your own and make mistakes. But having someone who experienced and went through those common mistakes relay their experiences onto you will help. I know I wasted money by making dumb ass mistakes. If I had someone offer some knowledge to me, I wouldn't have made them in the first place. I learned pretty damn well from them, I still wish I had someone pass some advice onto me though.

One of the hardest and most basic things is figuring out what shirt brand to print on. There isn't much good information on that. My first time around I went with Next Level Apparel, but it wasn't the fit I was hoping for. Luckily my second and current printers were super knowledgeable and chill and sent me a few free sample packs to sample shirt qualities and explained each brand to me. If I can pay that shit forward and save someone some money as well as help motivate, I'm more than down to!

May 31, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
chads

Hey guys!

Thanks in advance!

mintees.com

tshirtforums.com

If you just make an account on these sites and browse the resources you will be amazed at how much you can learn.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

May 31, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
Jake Ocean

Where did I say I want someone to come up with the name, logo, designs, marketing, promotion, printing, distribution, or capital for me? I just asked for some small resources around building a brand. I'm doing it all myself but being able to be pointed in the right direction helps. You're telling me you wouldn't have loved someone to help you out with pointing you in the directions of resources? That's a lie. I'm sure a good deal of time going in to brands is wasted time looking for resources on your own and going in circles. I see nothing wrong with someone trying to cut time in that and have that time for more productive things for getting the brand up and running.

Come on man, we're all here for the same thing so I see no reason as to why a helping hand can't be lent to someone who has the same passion as you.

i found that finding things my self was the best way to go. in the long run, it's better to do it your self. i agree with that other guy, i made mistakes that caused money loss too. but those mistakes are healthy and what shape the future for the brand. no beef, just advice.

but if you would like some help, go for it

May 31, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
valleyla

i found that finding things my self was the best way to go. in the long run, it's better to do it your self. i agree with that other guy, i made mistakes that caused money loss too. but those mistakes are healthy and what shape the future for the brand. no beef, just advice.

I get what you mean. I'm not trying to cut corners really, just trying to make it so I don't take the wrong turn and completely fuck up.

Thanks to all of you though. Got quite a bit of helpful hints from y'all!
May 31, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
Jake Ocean

I get what you mean. I'm not trying to cut corners really, just trying to make it so I don't take the wrong turn and completely fuck up.

just judging by your username, do you live in the valley in la? cause i do ahah

May 31, 2012 @ 02:02 AM
valleyla

just judging by your username, do you live in the valley in la? cause i do ahah

No I don't haha. Opposite coast, living in Massachusetts. Los Angeles is where I'm headed in the future though for sure.
May 31, 2012 @ 06:50 PM
nickmtchl

whats good everyone, currently working on a line myself. Shit is definitely harder/more time consuming than I originally thought. Me and my partners wanted to go all out with the cut and sew route to start, but it's just not feasible for someone who is new/wanting to break into this industry. Alot of the stuff Im seeing on here is great, some of its meh, others just plain suck/not my style.

Im no expert by any means, but the designers who are taking the time to perfect on the little things are presenting the strongest offerings. For example the broke clothing line (one with the bandaid over piggy bank, my fault I dont remember, and Im too lazy after going through 80+ pages.)
I wasn't necessarily feeling the designs (just not my steelo),but the product offering was taken to that next level with the addition of labeling the hangtags and what not. The little stuff can make or break you.

Distant Light is definitely doing it right. I dont agree with everything you say/your opinions, but I can most definitely tell that you are doing your homework and making sure that you come 100% correct when you launch. I can appreciate that.

Good look to everyone, I look forward to posting some products of my own soon, and most certainly gained further motivation and drive by seeing what you all have accomplished so far.
June 1, 2012 @ 01:01 AM
mayyfifth

Kings & Queens wear knit Crowns
Follow the blog for updates. ONLINE STORE open Sunday, MAY 20th.
http://mayyfifth.tumblr.com

Dope hats. And I understand it's Tumblr, but get rid of the damn auto-play.

Gotcha! Thanks for the feedback

Fresh hats man. Would you mind PMing me where you got them from/made?

i dig these...are they lightweight?

Yep. Check out the online store http://mayyfifth.tumblr.com
June 1, 2012 @ 02:10 PM
justinsos

Let me know what you guys think!

thaaaat monogram. you need to redo that. if it didn't say big and mighty on the bottom, i wouldnt have known what it said.

Yeah I feel you just the M I couldn't find a right size or way In showing it. What do u think about that first pic?

I hate how all people think about is anchors when it comes to the words "Sink or Swim". Probably why I named my brand that and have a totally different reasoning. But I do get when you hear that you think water.

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

June 1, 2012 @ 02:57 PM
gr33dyboy

Hey guys! I got an up and coming brand I'm working with called Sprayground. We design trendy backpacks that are comfortable and look hot! Check out our page and tell me what you think. Got a bunch of new designs coming out soon. Sprayground.com

http://www.sprayground.com/new-arrivals/hello-my-name-is-camo-backpack.html

June 1, 2012 @ 02:59 PM
gr33dyboy

Hey guys! I got an up and coming brand I'm working with called Sprayground. We design trendy backpacks that are comfortable and look hot! Check out our page and tell me what you think. Got a bunch of new designs coming out soon.

Your text to link here...

June 1, 2012 @ 03:01 PM
AndyRocksBluu

Hey guys! I got an up and coming brand I'm working with called Sprayground. We design trendy backpacks that are comfortable and look hot! Check out our page and tell me what you think. Got a bunch of new designs coming out soon. Sprayground.com

1. Get a avatar
2. A Store by me was carrying your backpacks and they were pretty dope. (Sneaker Bistro Long Island)
3. Keep up the good work

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

Please login first to reply.