300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
May 23, 2012 @ 12:21 AM
cakestar

meh, they take like 35% but i guess its the price to pay to get more exposure so I dont mind.

http://www.cakestar.com

May 23, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
justinsos

Is it lame to label your own brand as a "Lifestyle", "Streetwear", "Collective"? Or no? I have been debating on whether it is a good idea to do so

I think you have to have a real reason to do it, not just cause you want to. The brand Cxxvi (www.cxxvi.net) is considered a life style brand because of the vibe it gives off, the brand message, it's variety of products, etc. It isn't just some brand that makes 4 tees and says so.

I think it's pretty important to categorize your brand correctly. Whenever I see a brand randomly calling them selves a life style brand when there is no reason they are, i just click away. It mostly depends on the way you brand yourself and your brand message, and the way you execute it.

Is it lame to label your own brand as a "Lifestyle", "Streetwear", "Collective"? Or no? I have been debating on whether it is a good idea to do so

I agree with jake that its good to categorize your brand and decide where you want to stand. I certainly don't think that you should used those words in your name but I think if you honestly think you are a streetwear brand then go ahead and use that in your description or something. What I think you will find though is that your type of brand will be dubbed by fans as you develop more.

Alright thanks for the responses guys!

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

May 23, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
kearjus000

My younger brother and I want to start a brand. Hopefully you'll see from us soon!
May 23, 2012 @ 02:46 AM
hypebeast1

designs:

Thats Doremon, a copyrighted character... are you even allowed to print it and sell that?
May 23, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
mrdaleog

Hey guys,
I started we started a small line a little over a year ago and just got into Kazbah (stuff isnt up yet, just got photoshoot images back from them). Thought we could share our line and get some feedback.

Cakestar Clothing

Kazhbah photoshoot images:

designs:

Decided to go all out and had custom shirts cut and sewn to spec with a super thick and soft combed cotton with a premium ribbed collar. Blew a huge ton on these because of custom cuts I had to have minimum orders per size so no XL at the moment as I am out of monies for more sizes until I can get through this first batch of shirts.

thanks,
cakestar

I can bang with it man.Looks good. Im really feeling the second design.

Question on the third design: did you create this? I feel like I've seen this logo/character before...from SuperBored or something...

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

May 23, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
mrdaleog

GGapparel! Thats where Ive seen it!!!

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

May 23, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
cakestar

The doraemon character is a parody. It definitely is doraemon lol the design is called zombiemon. Just a zombie spin on a well known character.

Yeah superbored created a hybrid of old master q which is an old school hong kong comic and doraemon.

May 23, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
hypebeast1

GGapparel! Thats where Ive seen it!!!

Doraemon is a famous Japanese cartoon. Its been around for decades...
A Taiwanese brand called Wrongwroks used it but I don't know if they paid for the right to use it or they just straight up did it without permission. Here are some tees made by Wrongwroks:

The question is, is it ok to do so? Ain't 100% sure about that...

They even have their own store

May 23, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
justinsos

designs:

Thats Doremon, a copyrighted character... are you even allowed to print it and sell that?

Technically no. But they are such a small brand and printed maybe 25 tees. Im sure the company won't care nor notice. But they should be careful about travelling into those kind of waters, especially as you grow

May 23, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
novusimperiumco

@novus if you want to promote your brand I suggest making a thread in the Fashion Brand section and bump it every so often that way the peeps here stay out of your way and you stay out of theirs AND you get to promote as much as you like cause the thread belongs to you. win/win all around

you cant make threads in their untill your established yet

oops my bad, but established how so? was wondering suprised

you actually have to have something to show...you cant start a thread and only have some designs on photoshop mocksups

There's no prerequisite amount of "readiness" for making a thread.
All you need is to make the title correctly.

i know a while back way before you had to have something to show before you could make a thread

oh fasho. well u mean established as in like dropping a whole season? like having a whole collection. cuz im not there yet, lol
May 23, 2012 @ 04:26 AM
cakestar

Yeah wrongrocks is superbored. Same brand

May 23, 2012 @ 04:43 AM
hypebeast1

Yeah wrongrocks is superbored. Same brand

Even the Superbored logo by Wrongwroks reminds me of Superdry.

www.Superdry.com
May 23, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
DannyHH

designs:

Technically no. But they are such a small brand and printed maybe 25 tees. Im sure the company won't care nor notice. But they should be careful about travelling into those kind of waters, especially as you grow

You guys ever notice how many copyrighted pics/logos Diamond has used? and other brands for that matter..
May 23, 2012 @ 05:43 AM
Jake Ocean

still isn't cool to take other peoples artwork. theres a difference between copyrighted artwork and public domain images. some people don't understand that difference though

http://www.distantlight.co

May 23, 2012 @ 01:20 PM
justinsos

still isn't cool to take other peoples artwork. theres a difference between copyrighted artwork and public domain images. some people don't understand that difference though

Also it depends on if the brand designed it or outsourced it. For all we know the brand owner has no clue and thinks its original art.

May 23, 2012 @ 03:32 PM
branny

When it comes to blanks, what does anyone in here suggest for superior in quality? I've heard good things about Gildan, but there are a few threads on tshirtforums, that are saying many people are getting irregular tees from them depending on their supplier. Also when it comes to plastic bagging does anyone have a site to recommend? I remember there being a post about it but can't seem to find it.
May 23, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
Frank_

cant go wrong with alstyle 1301 ......but if you want something thinner and softer you can get the 1701 but to me they turn to shit once you wash them.....or american apparel..
May 23, 2012 @ 04:22 PM
cakestar

Design was made by us. Well aware that it is a parody on the cartoon. Find it funny that people are commenting more about an oldschool obscure childrens anime and not on the big corporate giant for the mickey design

May 23, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
plillclothing

Sorry we haven't used the hypebeast forums before but if you want too check us out like us on Facebook Or follow us on twitter for more in formation.
May 23, 2012 @ 07:31 PM
DannyHH

Design was made by us. Well aware that it is a parody on the cartoon. Find it funny that people are commenting more about an oldschool obscure childrens anime and not on the big corporate giant for the mickey design

right
May 23, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
kearjus000

Do most people write out their own lettering, or design it on photoshop/illustrator?
May 23, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
chads

When it comes to blanks, what does anyone in here suggest for superior in quality? I've heard good things about Gildan, but there are a few threads on tshirtforums, that are saying many people are getting irregular tees from them depending on their supplier. Also when it comes to plastic bagging does anyone have a site to recommend? I remember there being a post about it but can't seem to find it.

Gildan is shit in my opinion. They are some of the cheapest tees and shrink like crazy in the wash. Although I have no personal experience with them, I love Alstyle and American Apparel and have a couple of tees that other brands have used such as Only for AA and Huf for AAA.
As far as plastic bags, I think Uline is really good.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

May 23, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
chads

Do most people write out their own lettering, or design it on photoshop/illustrator?

When designing a text design, I usually draw it on paper first because I have that skill and then scan it into the computer and recreate and work with it in illustrator. Granted if you aren't very good at drawing that may not be an option but there are certainly many other ways to go about it.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

May 23, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
samweinberg

gold.

City Limits - Fall 2012

May 23, 2012 @ 08:22 PM
mrdaleog

Gildan is shit in my opinion. They are some of the cheapest tees and shrink like crazy in the wash. Although I have no personal experience with them, I love Alstyle and American Apparel and have a couple of tees that other brands have used such as Only for AA and Huf for AAA.

Take a look at jiffyshirts.com . I personally like and use the Anvil tear away label fashion fit ringspun 980 tees. Im thinking about upgrading to AA myself, but with an upgrade comes increased prices, and one thing that my customers love are the modest prices.
And i second Uline. I use their 12x5 white poly mailers and it ships directly in the package...no additional packaging needed.

May 23, 2012 @ 08:23 PM
khartoonk1ll3r

suspended

How do you get fresh kicks for less than twenty dollars every time? SoleHigh.com!
May 23, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
big4slick20

What is the industry standard for tank tops? Alstyle #1307? If so, how is the fit/material compared to their shirts(I've read that they run a little large)? **Any brand examples would help**

I've tried AA tanktops and don't like the fit at all
May 23, 2012 @ 09:40 PM
DannyHH

I think I found the manufacturer for Diamond and Supreme hats, someone message me to confirm it. It looks suspect
May 23, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
branny

Well I know for a fact Only uses Gildan in many of their products, Also for AAA, the hundreds uses them as well. And thanks, I checked out Uline seems leggit.
May 23, 2012 @ 11:57 PM
Broken Bank Clo

What is the industry standard for tank tops? Alstyle #1307? If so, how is the fit/material compared to their shirts(I've read that they run a little large)? **Any brand examples would help**

I've tried AA tanktops and don't like the fit at all

1301 is the Industry standard. They run fitted but not supper fitted like AA.
Harder cotton. Shrinks about .5 inch after wash.
Neck line stays perfect no bacon stretch.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

Please login first to reply.