April 24, 2012 @ 07:11 PM
MMVIII

This is my 4th line, but just started last August.
I got a thread in the fashion brand section, but thought I'd just introduce MMVIII here since I'm also just another student doing this for fun.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MMVIII.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MMVIIIcanada
Online Shop: http://shop.mmviii.ca

I'd be happy to answer your questions, feedback, comment, etc. Thanks.

ive seen a few brands use that mokkou symbol, dope stuff though. i like the steak print, is it screenprinted with plastisol ink?

I've only seen 1 shirt with that specific symbol since we started using it in 2007. It's actually my family crest.
Thanks man, ya just standard silkscreen print.

WWW.MMVIII.CA

April 24, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
dirtyrazkal

I agree,

Those tees are def played now, but I bet they'll come out with some minnie mouse hands for chicks and they'll be all over it too! I know I would lol.

But I have my own Brand Dirty Razkal.com which I feel is WAY better, because we focus on detail and t-shirt quality first.

Some good shit in here! Mickey Hands are so 2010-11. Let's move on people.

WWW.DIRTYRAZKAL.COM DIRT | GRUNGE | VINTAGE | RAZKAL

April 24, 2012 @ 07:48 PM
karakter1

"by posting other tees with mickey mouse hands, your just proving my point.
it’s overdone, a lot of brands use it, it can be used well if you use it in a creative way.
/done" - Jake

it may prove that it's overdone....but also proves that is not done.
April 24, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
LMCrep

April 24, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
Jake Ocean

Sup HB fam...I'm with a street team for LoveMoney, and LMC is a relatively new brand based in Boston, MA. They just launched a new site and a few new drops. The company name is about loving what you do and the having the money (fame, etc.) come later (money follows love), so they have a blog and tees in that theme. They been at it since 2010 (sold out of Bodega and Green Street Vault, along with others), but this is the new stuff they just released. Love to have a chance to build. Peace HB!

jees.. i feel like i've seen all of this somewhere before
i dont know if its a rip or not, but one looks very similary to
http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/48325037/PS_0067.jpg

Hustle Man

6 Figures (The Corner)

Free Bernie

www.moneyfollowslove.com

LMCrep

jees, it seems like i've seen all of this before somewhere.
idk if its a rip or not but one looks very similar to

http://www.distantlight.co

April 24, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
Jake Ocean

and this first character looks like a style byte off of http://sockmonkee.com/

April 24, 2012 @ 09:39 PM
Hellah Fresh

^^Dang u guys are on him lol.
April 24, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
KingKast

People derive inspiration from different places. Sometimes people look at things and don't subconsciously know that they're doing something similar to something they saw. A lot of street wear is about jacking any ways all the big brands do it, weather you know the reference or not. Its all on how you flip it that counts. I personally like the first 2 tees.

Instagram: kingkast1

April 24, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
karakter1

i would agree with you.....but the store in your sig carries this tee from Rocksmith spring 2012 line!

you have it in stock in black........it is overdone...maybe it got officially played out in 2010-11.....but....here we are in spring 2012 and its in your shop ( or the shop in your sig)
April 24, 2012 @ 11:48 PM
Jake Ocean

i would agree with you.....but the store in your sig carries this tee from Rocksmith spring 2012 line!

you have it in stock in black........it is overdone...maybe it got officially played out in 2010-11.....but....here we are in spring 2012 and its in your shop ( or the shop in your sig)

Goldcoin did the same thing..

April 25, 2012 @ 12:29 AM
stillwild

People derive inspiration from different places. Sometimes people look at things and don't subconsciously know that they're doing something similar to something they saw. A lot of street wear is about jacking any ways all the big brands do it, weather you know the reference or not. Its all on how you flip it that counts. I personally like the first 2 tees.

couldn't agree more.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

April 25, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
Jake Ocean

couldn't agree more.[/quote

im not really sure what you are trying to say, but if your saying that streetwear is based off of styling byting from the bigger brands, i'm going to have to disagree. a lot of brands on hear do try to jack what the big brands do, and theres a reason why they are at the level they are at, they fall into the shadows of the big brands.

but definitely, people do get lost on the thin line between inspiration and ripping. though, a lot of people do it purposely and think they can get away with it.
if your using public domains thats okay, but blatant ripping isnt.

April 25, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
Broken Bank Clo

This is a good watch for ALL OF US

Inspired me knowing that even the big names started off doing 24-36 prints @ a time and didn't jump on wasting money and dead inventory with 100pc prints.
Same thing I do.

http://hypebeast.com/2012/04/mixed-media-behind-the-scenes-the-hundreds-video/

http://youtu.be/8smV6-bWrjw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8smV6-bWrjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

April 25, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
Moises Arias

I know it still needs some touch ups but i just wanna get some quick feed back. Its not a logo or something i would put on a tee. just trying to get used to my wacom tablet. made this based from the Hermes logo.

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

April 25, 2012 @ 03:02 AM
KingKast

couldn't agree more.

im not really sure what you are trying to say, but if your saying that streetwear is based off of styling byting from the bigger brands, i'm going to have to disagree. a lot of brands on hear do try to jack what the big brands do, and theres a reason why they are at the level they are at, they fall into the shadows of the big brands.

but definitely, people do get lost on the thin line between inspiration and ripping. though, a lot of people do it purposely and think they can get away with it.

Well lets take C&C for example they take high end logos and flip them. Im not saying that 100% of brands do it or do it all the time. But if you remember Stussy did a lot of that back in the day. But yeah straight biting without actually taking the time to do something creative or some what innovative is shit.

Instagram: kingkast1

April 25, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
Jake Ocean

couldn't agree more.

Well lets take C&C for example they take high end logos and flip them. Im not saying that 100% of brands do it or do it all the time. But if you remember Stussy did a lot of that back in the day. But yeah straight biting without actually taking the time to do something creative or some what innovative is shit.

you mean parodies? yeah, a lot of brands do parodies, but i wouldn't call that taking inspiration. thats just a parody.

April 25, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
mrdaleog

I see people talking about Mickey hands being played out and all that. My view on it is to an extent it is, but it really does depend on what you do with it, and how you use it.

Floral, pendelton, and camo print are played out...but they're still being used and capitalized on BIG time right? Yes, and that's because of how well they're being incorporated into the design (and which company is doing the incorporating!).

It really does come down to the customer. If the people like it, then they'll buy it. That is after all, what matters, because what is a company without any happy customers?

And speaking of mickey hands and being played out...Im releasing my design that utilizes that mickey concept on thursday. Ive released one before and it sold out within a week (this was late last year). This one is on track to be sold out just as fast. People love it, and Im stoked about it lol.

Bottom line...i think it comes out to how well you utilize the concept.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

April 25, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
mrdaleog

Heres a pic of my first mickey inspired tee. This was before i reinvented the line/logo.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

April 25, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
LMCrep

April 25, 2012 @ 05:04 AM
LMCrep

April 25, 2012 @ 06:59 AM
Frank_

you guys can check out a lil bit of something i have

www.theundg.net

everything is still building as im learning
April 25, 2012 @ 10:40 AM
HWYS - Joey

you guys can check out a lil bit of something i have

www.theundg.net

everything is still building as im learning

Isn't dung horseshit?

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 25, 2012 @ 03:55 PM
T.E.I.N.

Much respect.. I don't know what that guy is talking about, but I can assure people that these guys didn't deliberately ape any style. Here are their past releases, to show the diversity:

Thanks Again
Yo that Go Bills shit is really creative...mad props for that. Do you know where I can get my hands on an XL.
April 25, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I really like that LMC stuff. Looks very clean.

I may have to hook up with you guys in the future and do a Colab if interested.

April 25, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I know it still needs some touch ups but i just wanna get some quick feed back. Its not a logo or something i would put on a tee. just trying to get used to my wacom tablet. made this based from the Hermes logo.

Looks like a clean design. I don't understand what direction it's going but for a first timer with the tablet you have some potential.

If i may ask which Wacom tablet did you pick up. Been thinking of getting one myself so I can stop paying someone else to finalize my designs.

April 25, 2012 @ 06:33 PM
LMCrep

Much respect.. I don't know what that guy is talking about, but I can assure people that these guys didn't deliberately ape any style. Here are their past releases, to show the diversity:

Thanks Again
Yo that Go Bills shit is really creative...mad props for that. Do you know where I can get my hands on an XL.

If you give me a sec, I can talk to them and see if they have any available. Thanks man. Same to you Vega!
April 25, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
ThreadsPremium

Check us out at www.ThreadsPremium.com

What do you guys think?

These are only some of the items available in our new line.

Stitch By Stitch Since 2011 www.ThreadsPremium.com

April 25, 2012 @ 08:25 PM
BEENDOINGIT

What do you guys think?

Bit too plain for a brand that's just starting out, also fonts look like they're straight from dafont.
Not too bad for just starting out though.
April 25, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
karakter1

Whatup LMCrep

some of those designs are dope....seems like yall hustling backwards though....you got product, sold out in Bodega, Vault, and other stores.....keep grinding! what yall doing in here looking for feedback?
April 25, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
HWYS - Joey

What do you guys think?

Bit too plain for a brand that's just starting out, also fonts look like they're straight from dafont.
Not too bad for just starting out though.

What's wrong with using font from a source ? I mean as long as u pay for the rights...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

Please login first to reply.