Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 23, 2012 @ 02:58 PM
karakter1

Threads Premium sounds like a discount fabric store to me.

cmon Jake....Distant Light Supply Co. may sound like some kind of energy solution company to some people.
April 23, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
ThreadsPremium

New line just launched. Second line. Tell me what you guys think

www.ThreadsPremium.com

Branding is forgettable, designs are lacking. Mickey mouse hands are so overdone. And really, threads premium? Honestly, I would change that name.

And why is your site being hosted on a dropbox demo?

Also, you are charging too much for poor designs and probably not great quality. Do you even have your own tags? In addition, the purpose of a lookbook is to see people wearing the clothes not seeing them on the fence in your backyard.
Honestly, I would really reconsider where you want to take this.

not bad, logo is fine...quality of blank look up to par with the standard...ive seen many lookbooks that have no model..( im sure you have too) so thats no big deal at all.

according to other "designers" mickey hands where supposed to be overdone about 5 years ago....the consumer will disagree with that! I can post some pics if you would like!

nothing to reconsider.....keep building!

good luck!

Thanks man. Really appreciate it. and for everybody saying the quality is lacking it is printed on the highest quality wholesale items available to us and the tags had not been put on when the photos were taken. Now all of our own tags have been put on.

Stitch By Stitch Since 2011 www.ThreadsPremium.com

April 23, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
branny

Is it required to have wash care instructions on t-shirts when you sell them via online?
April 23, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
karakter1

Is it required to have wash care instructions on t-shirts when you sell them via online?

hmm..ive seen brands with printed labels..( no tags at all) sell online. without wash instructions.

no sure what the internet law says though.
April 23, 2012 @ 10:49 PM
jacobsever

Where do you go to get your own labels made to sew into shirts? And the small little flaps for the side of chest pockets?

April 23, 2012 @ 10:57 PM
dsbao

fullout (adv) - in a manner done with as much effort as possible

fulloutclothing is a clothing line born from and continuously inspired by the Bay Area hip hop dance community. We set out to create a unifying brand for all dancers and have been met with great response throughout the country. While our products are undeniably dance-related, we hope to push everyone to go fullout in everything that they do, because the lessons that we have learned from dance can be applied to all aspects of life.

Website/Tumblr: http://www.fulloutclothing.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fulloutclothing
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fulloutclothing
Instagram: fulloutclothing
April 23, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
karakter1

looks dope fullout....

but i fucks with Good Game....aint enuf room for 2 dance brands on this thread!

just kidding....good stuff fellas.
April 24, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
MMVIII

This is my 4th line, but just started last August.
I got a thread in the fashion brand section, but thought I'd just introduce MMVIII here since I'm also just another student doing this for fun.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MMVIII.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MMVIIIcanada
Online Shop: http://shop.mmviii.ca

I'd be happy to answer your questions, feedback, comment, etc. Thanks.

WWW.MMVIII.CA

April 24, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
MMVIII

Here's my ABOUT page.

To put it short, MMVIII is inspired by Japanese culture and my personal experiences living in Victoria/Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Taking my family roots into the brand, the logo is called “Mokkou” which is my Japanese family crest.

WWW.MMVIII.CA

April 24, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
Jake Ocean

Here's my ABOUT page.

To put it short, MMVIII is inspired by Japanese culture and my personal experiences living in Victoria/Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Taking my family roots into the brand, the logo is called “Mokkou” which is my Japanese family crest.
Here's my ABOUT page.

I feel like I am looking at the online website for a steakhouse.

http://www.distantlight.co

April 24, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
lstplcwnr

I got a thread in the fashion brand section, but thought I'd just introduce MMVIII here since I'm also just another student doing this for fun.

Y'all did shit with JayKin didn't you? That joint was tight.

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

April 24, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
MMVIII

Y'all did shit with JayKin didn't you? That joint was tight.

Thanks man, ya we did. Couldn't be released because GOLD MMVIII had to be shut down right before the drop.

Just dropped the second set of iPhone cases.

WWW.MMVIII.CA

April 24, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
big4slick20

ive seen a few brands use that mokkou symbol, dope stuff though. i like the steak print, is it screenprinted with plastisol ink?
April 24, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
Jake Ocean

here is a pic of an airgun tee done in the last year or so....welll past the...so called....expiration date of this style of design.

it has done very well....by that, i mean that people bought it..alot!
at the end of the day....you want people to buy your tees.

im not saying that everyone should use this style......but if you do, only the mass consumer can determine what is played out! (again....other start up "designers" are the worst people to come to for design advice!)

crooks and castles can do whatever they want. there a huge brand, people will buy there shit no matter what.
So your saying, since crooks and castles did it, everyone should go ahead and stylebite and rework a design that's been used over and over again?

April 24, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
big4slick20

here is a pic of an airgun tee done in the last year or so....welll past the...so called....expiration date of this style of design.

im not saying that everyone should use this style......but if you do, only the mass consumer can determine what is played out! (again....other start up "designers" are the worst people to come to for design advice!)

crooks and castles can do whatever they want. there a huge brand, people will buy there shit no matter what.
So your saying, since crooks and castles did it, everyone should go ahead and stylebite and rework a design that's been used over and over again?

i don't think that's what he means at all. as we all i have heard numerous times "nothing is new under the sun". if a certain design works, it works...there has to be a reason behind why it's so successful after so many uses... i would just say make sure it's done in a creative way and not because of the success it has from the past/other companies. to me, a good design is making something familiar, unfamiliar
April 24, 2012 @ 04:18 AM
ThreadsPremium

i don't think that's what he means at all. as we all i have heard numerous times "nothing is new under the sun". if a certain design works, it works...there has to be a reason behind why it's so successful after so many uses... i would just say make sure it's done in a creative way and not because of the success it has from the past/other companies. to me, a good design is making something familiar, unfamiliar

Completely agree. What do you think of our take on the Mickey mouse hands

They can be purchased at www.threadspremium.com

Stitch By Stitch Since 2011 www.ThreadsPremium.com

April 24, 2012 @ 04:24 AM
Jake Ocean

yeah i agree, i just think more people need to stay away from trends and style biting. its just annoying, and there is so much of it on this forum.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150716327193676&set=a.176143528675.122147.161544398675&type=3&theater

^ that is used in a different and creative away, and they pulled it off. but i think the way threads used it was just poor and lacking. just my opinion.

April 24, 2012 @ 07:58 AM
VNDTAkast

Completely agree. What do you think of our take on the Mickey mouse hands

They can be purchased at www.threadspremium.com

We did this a few years back, it did really well for us.

Instagram: VNDTAkast

April 24, 2012 @ 11:47 AM
HWYS - Joey

At the end of the day is all about making money, so I see why you would do the whole mickey hands shit... What I don't understand is who is buying them? Why would someone buy a shirt when you know the idea was taken from another brand?

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 24, 2012 @ 01:00 PM
karakter1

At the end of the day is all about making money, so I see why you would do the whole mickey hands shit... What I don't understand is who is buying them? Why would someone buy a shirt when you know the idea was taken from another brand?

thats a good point...and something that all of the people starting a brand needs to realize....

first...this thing has been done a million times..along with tons of other graphic styles, fonts, colorways, images...everything. if it works in a design....then it just works!

in my experience...80% of consumers are not really into a particular brand ( the history,past lines, who started what,) ..which is really good when it comes to independent lines...opens up the door for everyone in here!

i actually love this...because most consumers come into a store and buy a tee simply because they like it!

you also have the people that come in looking for a particular brand, want to feel connected with the lifestyle of a brand, and will buy whatever they print for the most part.........

Listen....most of the people that buy tees are not hypebeast....think outside of yourself, your friends, your favorite blog, your favorite brand/store!

for example....Sneaktip!...who is buying that?...no one i know...its not featured on hypebeast, not in my favorite streetwear boutique....but if i were to tell you their stockist, and revenue, you would be shocked because they don't fit into your circle of acknowledgement ( you don't like them, so you cant believe that anybody likes them)

be more about your business....once you start your brand...you are on the other side now! stop thinking like a fanboy.
April 24, 2012 @ 01:27 PM
karakter1

yeh..crooks is huge and people will buy because its crooks......but here is a fairly new brand that did it..and also sold a ton!

if it is wack and overdone...then the brand should not matter. dont defend crooks..or rocksmith, or the other 20 big name brands that use this...then try to discredit an unknown brand that does it!

if Crooks does it...its to sell shirts! when Rocksmith did it....it was to sell shirts!...but u got no prob with that!
April 24, 2012 @ 01:40 PM
karakter1

most of you are at the ground level of starting your brand....make good designs..and love what you do!

at some point, you may be interested in other aspects of the grind.
April 24, 2012 @ 02:34 PM
chads

most of you are at the ground level of starting your brand....make good designs..and love what you do!

at some point, you may be interested in other aspects of the grind.

ignore me.

Where are you at that you are able to spit all of this knowledge? Whats your brand? Are you like Bobby Hundreds or James Jebbia? You know too much shit
Edit: I'm not trying to be an ass either, I am seriously curious about your situation

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 24, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
karakter1

i was at the ground level...made alot of mistakes, took alot of growth and experience to understand some things....i was just saying that ..at the ground level, some things are more priority...like loving what you do..and making solid designs.

but after that, you are going to want to infuse your brand into the market and make some sales...but you may agree with me that, some people are still working on making solid designs.
April 24, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
karakter1

chadacadabra
been involved since 05....
done too much to list....
April 24, 2012 @ 03:39 PM
Hellah Fresh

Yo yo! I just released a design on 4/20. Bad News Company is the Brand. I been going on my 4th year so far. The old Brand name i went by was RECKLESS... FUCK DRAMABEATS! But yeah tees are onsale! $15 bones! Real Site launch in July.

www.badnewsco.bigcartel.com
facebook: Bad News Company
twitter: Bad News Company

Now Shipping Out S-2XL limited 98pc.

April 24, 2012 @ 04:23 PM
chads

chadacadabra

But seriously, do you actually have a brand currently or do you have something you can show us? Or are you just on here to try to help us young people be successful? I am very fascinated by your experience.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 24, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
karakter1

chadacadabra

But seriously, do you actually have a brand currently or do you have something you can show us? Or are you just on here to try to help us young people be successful? I am very fascinated by your experience.

i posted a few pics of a couple of designs i did with nike back in 08....done alot since then, and before then.....i really dont want to go into all the details.

i only began to post in here because a saw some misinformation and misguidance. the game changed ALOT since small boutiques and limited quantities. ( things were exclusive back then because of necessity!...we didn't have money, and could only get a few local boutiques to carry the brands.)

now there are super webstores and the market has expanded to millions of consumers that buy independent brands.

you may not remember.... but when the popular brands first started, most of the target market was still wearing stuff from Macy's and buying from larger corp. brands.....now a much larger % of the target market shops in independent brands...and they vary from "established brand purist" to " kid looking for a tee to match sneakers" to " newbie just looking for a cool shirt"

..so i know that i haven't given you enough of my credentials for you to take my word...i don't want you to take my word for it....just see if it makes sense and decide for yourself.
April 24, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
Jake Ocean

yeh..crooks is huge and people will buy because its crooks......but here is a fairly new brand that did it..and also sold a ton!

if it is wack and overdone...then the brand should not matter. dont defend crooks..or rocksmith, or the other 20 big name brands that use this...then try to discredit an unknown brand that does it!

if Crooks does it...its to sell shirts! when Rocksmith did it....it was to sell shirts!...but u got no prob with that!

by posting other tees with mickey mouse hands, your just proving my point.
it's overdone, a lot of brands use it, it can be used well if you use it in a creative way.
/done

April 24, 2012 @ 06:43 PM
Thank Deezus

Some good shit in here! Mickey Hands are so 2010-11. Let's move on people.

Friends You Can't Trust

Please login first to reply.