Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

May 27, 2014 @ 02:48:05
Informal's Limitless Summer Capsule is releasing in a few weeks.

Shown are our Custom-Fitting Dropback T-shirts and Jerseys. Any feedback would be very welcomed.

http://www.informalapparel.com/ 

Embrace the Inevitable, Create the Unknown. www.informalapparel.com/

May 27, 2014 @ 03:05:15

www.desperotica.com

Cleaning up for Spring, your support is greatly appreciated!

TUMBLR: www.tathens.tumblr.com

May 27, 2014 @ 06:33:27

criticism is key

{ ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•}

May 27, 2014 @ 13:31:10
Summer 14 lookbook will be up on tuesday 5/27 12:00 PM EST
b you had your fifteen (ten? five? ) minutes of tumblr fame with al dente, just let it die this is painful 2 watch

there's a reason shane from stay dirty/midnight ended stay dirty, you can't ride ripped off album covers and a name that appeals solely to 13 year olds forever. 

is there a profession where i get paid to tell people how bad their brand is?
May 27, 2014 @ 22:48:43
Hey guys, just started a new leather/canvas goods company called Wolf Hill. I'm a one man operation making all of this by hand, by myself, one at a time. Would love to hear some feedback!

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand

May 27, 2014 @ 23:36:27
Hey guys, just started a new leather/canvas goods company called Wolf Hill. I'm a one man operation making all of this by hand, by myself, one at a time. Would love to hear some feedback!

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand

Hey look something decent. 

www.knownothing.us

May 28, 2014 @ 00:58:12
Originally posted by Inactive User
Hey look something decent. 
Thanks dude
May 28, 2014 @ 00:58:42
Lookbook is now up / outsidermia.com/lookbook.html
webstore will be open on 5/30

outsidermia.com // Members Only

May 28, 2014 @ 01:39:53
How many of you guys have heard of Cedar Rapids? probably not many of you. Its all good cuz we are going to do are best to make ourselves known. Myself and a few other people developed a creative agency over the last year. We are starting off with a few clothing brands and we do web design. Soon we are going to step into photography and videography. 

Right now we are having a give away of some gear for the 4th of july. All you have to do is follow us on twitter and mention us. pretty simple rules. you also get a $25 voucher to use through us in the future. 

check out http://www.publicremedy.net/ for more details

//publicremedy+

May 28, 2014 @ 01:44:47
if you like these snapbacks visit our website http://www.publicremedy.net/, there we have provided information so that you may win one of these; along with a tee and $25 voucher.  These hats are Independence Day inspired. American is more about money than anything else. It is somewhat of a shame

//publicremedy+

May 28, 2014 @ 01:53:03
"Independence" Capsule Available Mid June. Go to http://www.publicremedy.net/ and find how how you can win this t shirt, our "National Anthem" snapback and $25 dollars towards a future order

//publicremedy+

May 28, 2014 @ 02:44:33

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand

I think your name and logo are lame although I'm sure they speak to where you're from so thats cool and I respect that.
On another note, I feel like these handcrafted leather goods brands are popping up left and right lately. I love the fact that they are bringing back American manufacturing and the quality we were once known for the but the main problem I have with it all in that you all are literally producing the same things - belts, duffles, key chains, bracelets, key fobs, and for christs sake you all use the same damn hardware as the next brand, the only distinguishing factor is the brand, which is really not the reason one should buy a particular leather good. It all just seems so repetitive; I can think of few brands that are making new and interesting things out of such a classic material. So I guess my question is, what are you doing/going to do to distinguish yourself from any other brand? I've been wanting to buy a new belt from Corter for a little while, why should I buy your belt instead? (I'm giving you a sales opportunity)
Please, don't take this the wrong way, I am trying to provide constructive criticism. I love what you're doing I just feel like I've seen it before.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

May 28, 2014 @ 05:36:59

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand

I think your name and logo are lame although I'm sure they speak to where you're from so thats cool and I respect that.
On another note, I feel like these handcrafted leather goods brands are popping up left and right lately. I love the fact that they are bringing back American manufacturing and the quality we were once known for the but the main problem I have with it all in that you all are literally producing the same things - belts, duffles, key chains, bracelets, key fobs, and for christs sake you all use the same damn hardware as the next brand, the only distinguishing factor is the brand, which is really not the reason one should buy a particular leather good. It all just seems so repetitive; I can think of few brands that are making new and interesting things out of such a classic material. So I guess my question is, what are you doing/going to do to distinguish yourself from any other brand? I've been wanting to buy a new belt from Corter for a little while, why should I buy your belt instead? (I'm giving you a sales opportunity)
Please, don't take this the wrong way, I am trying to provide constructive criticism. I love what you're doing I just feel like I've seen it before.
I feel you on this, and honestly its a tough question to answer. There are only so many ways you can make a wallet. A wallet is a wallet is a wallet. It serves one purpose, so when designing one, that actually functions like a wallet is supposed to, you can only get so far outside the box. What it really comes down to is the brand. I know you said thats not a reason to buy one product over another, but isn't it? Why did you decide to buy the shirt you are wearing? Aren't there at least 10,000 other companies making shirts? How about your jeans? How many companies make jeans, using similar material and similar construction methods? Why buy one of those brands over the other? I realize there are quite a few other companies making wallets, and keychains, and bags. And as you said using a lot of the same hardware as the other guy. For me I use that hardware because its the best available. It doesn't matter if the other guy is using it also. It's the best and I won't settle for anything less, especially just because someone else is using it. How many denim companies use selvedge from cone mills? Why do so many leather companies use shell cordovan from Horween? It's the best materials the good ol US of A has to offer so thats why we use it. I think a huge part of buying is in the brand. And for me not only the brand but the person behind the brand. I feel like when choosing a company to buy from you are not only buying a product but supporting the maker behind that product. I love to look into brands and read their story and try to connect or get to know the people behind the scenes. I like to know that I'm supporting and individual and helping them live their dream. I'm just a regular dude, sitting behind my computer screen typing this out, hoping to convince you to buy a belt from me, so maybe you'll tell your friends how great that belt is and word can spread and maybe one day I can quit my 9-5 to be able to do something I truly enjoy doing and make a living off of it.

I don't think I am making the same products as any other company. Everything I make is different from the last one. My hands have to touch everything I make, so every single time I am making something new. No two pieces will ever be the same. You are buying a one of a kind item that literally nobody else will be able to duplicate. 

I use the best materials in the world to make my products. They are all assembled using tried and true methods of construction. Guaranteed to last a life time. Seriously. And if for some reason they don't, I offer a lifetime warranty on all my products, so if something happens to your product I will fix it for free or send you the newest version of that item. You can buy with 100% confidence.
May 28, 2014 @ 08:59:02
 " I'm just a regular dude, sitting behind my computer screen typing this out, hoping to convince you to buy a belt from me, so maybe you'll tell your friends how great that belt is and word can spread and maybe one day I can quit my 9-5 to be able to do something I truly enjoy doing and make a living off of it."  ||  Bless u. hope it works out for you
May 28, 2014 @ 10:50:12

criticism is key
This is so fucking bad I burst out laughing in math class
May 28, 2014 @ 13:06:18

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand

I feel you on this, and honestly its a tough question to answer. There are only so many ways you can make a wallet. A wallet is a wallet is a wallet. It serves one purpose, so when designing one, that actually functions like a wallet is supposed to, you can only get so far outside the box. What it really comes down to is the brand. I know you said thats not a reason to buy one product over another, but isn't it? Why did you decide to buy the shirt you are wearing? Aren't there at least 10,000 other companies making shirts? How about your jeans? How many companies make jeans, using similar material and similar construction methods? Why buy one of those brands over the other? I realize there are quite a few other companies making wallets, and keychains, and bags. And as you said using a lot of the same hardware as the other guy. For me I use that hardware because its the best available. It doesn't matter if the other guy is using it also. It's the best and I won't settle for anything less, especially just because someone else is using it. How many denim companies use selvedge from cone mills? Why do so many leather companies use shell cordovan from Horween? It's the best materials the good ol US of A has to offer so thats why we use it. I think a huge part of buying is in the brand. And for me not only the brand but the person behind the brand. I feel like when choosing a company to buy from you are not only buying a product but supporting the maker behind that product. I love to look into brands and read their story and try to connect or get to know the people behind the scenes. I like to know that I'm supporting and individual and helping them live their dream. I'm just a regular dude, sitting behind my computer screen typing this out, hoping to convince you to buy a belt from me, so maybe you'll tell your friends how great that belt is and word can spread and maybe one day I can quit my 9-5 to be able to do something I truly enjoy doing and make a living off of it.

I don't think I am making the same products as any other company. Everything I make is different from the last one. My hands have to touch everything I make, so every single time I am making something new. No two pieces will ever be the same. You are buying a one of a kind item that literally nobody else will be able to duplicate. 

I use the best materials in the world to make my products. They are all assembled using tried and true methods of construction. Guaranteed to last a life time. Seriously. And if for some reason they don't, I offer a lifetime warranty on all my products, so if something happens to your product I will fix it for free or send you the newest version of that item. You can buy with 100% confidence.
Well, I must say, that was a great response. You certainly did yourself and the rest of the industry justice, so I can appreciate it. Yet at the same time, I still think theres improvements you can make to further your brand, maybe not right now, but in the future. You were mentioning that a shirt is a shirt and a pair of jeans is just a pair of jeans - I think this is only so true. Right now I'm wearing a pair of 3sixteen denim, one of the distinguishing factors to me for buying these jeans was that they have their own denim custom woven to their specs by kuroki mills in Japan, they reinvented a product by using a fabric that only they have access to. Thats awesome to me, that makes me know that I couldn't buy a single other pair of jeans that will wear and hold durability the same way the pair I'm wearing will. So, I think the leather alternative to this is, source you're own leather. Get it from someone locally to you, possibly play a role in the tanning process, do this in a way that even more embodies where you're from and the personality you want to add to your products. I understand that the bases of all products and the ideas are already there and the tooling and hardware can only get so diverse but you could try custom dying methods, or press designs in the leather. I think theres a variety of possibilities of ways you could go.
Lastly, I understand that branding is huge part of any company, but when it comes to leather goods, I'd much rather be sold on the quality, craftsmanship and story of your product than just the text stamped into the belt.
Don't get me wrong, I do love what you're doing but I think there are improvements, albeit hard, that could further your brand and allow you to quit your 9-5 sooner down the line.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

May 28, 2014 @ 13:58:12
www.wolfhillbrand.com@wolfhillbrandI think your name and logo are lame although I'm sure they speak to where you're from so thats cool and I respect that.

Well, I must say, that was a great response. You certainly did yourself and the rest of the industry justice, so I can appreciate it. Yet at the same time, I still think theres improvements you can make to further your brand, maybe not right now, but in the future. You were mentioning that a shirt is a shirt and a pair of jeans is just a pair of jeans - I think this is only so true. Right now I'm wearing a pair of 3sixteen denim, one of the distinguishing factors to me for buying these jeans was that they have their own denim custom woven to their specs by kuroki mills in Japan, they reinvented a product by using a fabric that only they have access to. Thats awesome to me, that makes me know that I couldn't buy a single other pair of jeans that will wear and hold durability the same way the pair I'm wearing will. So, I think the leather alternative to this is, source you're own leather. Get it from someone locally to you, possibly play a role in the tanning process, do this in a way that even more embodies where you're from and the personality you want to add to your products. I understand that the bases of all products and the ideas are already there and the tooling and hardware can only get so diverse but you could try custom dying methods, or press designs in the leather. I think theres a variety of possibilities of ways you could go.
Lastly, I understand that branding is huge part of any company, but when it comes to leather goods, I'd much rather be sold on the quality, craftsmanship and story of your product than just the text stamped into the belt.
Don't get me wrong, I do love what you're doing but I think there are improvements, albeit hard, that could further your brand and allow you to quit your 9-5 sooner down the line.
I definitely agree with you here. Especially with the 3sixteen part. Did you see the posts on their instagram of them touring the kuroki mills? Very cool and inspiring stuff. I also agree that there are improvements I can make, as can most people with just about anything they do. I've had my website up for a little over a month now. So I'm still new to this and definitely learning along the way. Connecting with customers like this is something I truly enjoy and I really do appreciate all the feedback I get. You made some really good points here! I'm still a small company with an extremely small budget, so I do what I can. Maybe i'll start playing around with some custom dies, and or make my own. I love this idea. 

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to help me and push me to better myself and my company! As I mentioned before I really do appreciate your feedback. Keep following along and maybe I'll make a customer out of you one day!!

Alex Ore
Wolf Hill
www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand
May 28, 2014 @ 15:45:11

http://vbrandlimited.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nqzuC6gwA
May 28, 2014 @ 17:16:53
@wolfhill love the products and the fact you are handcrafting it makes it even more respectable. Really shows the time, effort and passion. Like someone mentioned above about what you are doing to have different products then the already made wallets, canvas bags, that seem to flood every accessory brand. Maybe indulge deeper into older more vintage accessories ?
items such as - suspenders, driving gloves, journals. Just spit balling but maybe an accessory that is NOT commonly found on the market could put you ON it (if that makes sense)

either way awesome job and I wish you the best of luck!
May 29, 2014 @ 00:01:33

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand

Believe or not the reason why you see the same recycled hardware is because a lot of those brands are outsourcing the same companies in the US, who outsource to China and oversees.

The only way to get around this is outsource the leather material yourself from a wholesaler and research custom metal stamping from another company. Some brands think it's best to try a one-stop shop and end up with the same stuff the next brand is selling, just _______ (insert name or logo here) stamp it, ship it off.

I would say if you really want to step out @wolfhill google search custom metal buttons and attachments etc. Get those buttons metal stamped/engraved. It's going to cost you more yes but it will set you apart.
You can even get custom engraved zipper finishes and use them for those pouches. There are a lot of US manufacturers who can do that. I was just looking at some last week for jackets.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

May 29, 2014 @ 04:02:44
@wolfhill love the products and the fact you are handcrafting it makes it even more respectable. Really shows the time, effort and passion. Like someone mentioned above about what you are doing to have different products then the already made wallets, canvas bags, that seem to flood every accessory brand. Maybe indulge deeper into older more vintage accessories ?
items such as - suspenders, driving gloves, journals. Just spit balling but maybe an accessory that is NOT commonly found on the market could put you ON it (if that makes sense)

either way awesome job and I wish you the best of luck!
Great idea man! I am actually working on some journals right now. I'll have to start thinking outside the box a little more and come up with some unique products. Thanks for your feedback!
May 29, 2014 @ 04:05:45

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand

Believe or not the reason why you see the same recycled hardware is because a lot of those brands are outsourcing the same companies in the US, who outsource to China and oversees.

The only way to get around this is outsource the leather material yourself from a wholesaler and research custom metal stamping from another company. Some brands think it's best to try a one-stop shop and end up with the same stuff the next brand is selling, just _______ (insert name or logo here) stamp it, ship it off.

I would say if you really want to step out @wolfhill google search custom metal buttons and attachments etc. Get those buttons metal stamped/engraved. It's going to cost you more yes but it will set you apart.
You can even get custom engraved zipper finishes and use them for those pouches. There are a lot of US manufacturers who can do that. I was just looking at some last week for jackets.

The custom hardware is actually something I am in the process of getting made. I found a company in Georgia that I can have make custom snaps and other hardware with my logo or whatever on it. Thanks for the input dude definitely a good idea!
May 29, 2014 @ 05:05:54

www.wolfhillbrand.com
@wolfhillbrand
Great duffle bag. The green and cream color palette is top shelf bud.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

May 29, 2014 @ 07:49:12
Hey guys, first Moncton Collection is out for Spring 2014 here at www.moncton.co.uk   Let us know your thoughts.

www.moncton.co.uk

May 29, 2014 @ 12:26:49
"Independence" Capsule Available Mid June. Go to http://www.publicremedy.net/ and find how how you can win this t shirt, our "National Anthem" snapback and $25 dollars towards a future order

The shirt has potential…I would personally like to see the graphics switched and put the gun on the front. 

@anyx_co

May 29, 2014 @ 12:28:28
Hey guys, first Moncton Collection is out for Spring 2014 here at www.moncton.co.uk   Let us know your thoughts.

That second shirt is dope. Other than that seems a bit simple..

@anyx_co

May 29, 2014 @ 13:21:03

Thank you for checking it out. I'm glad you said that, we are going for a simple but distinctive look.

Moncton

www.moncton.co.uk

May 29, 2014 @ 13:38:33

Thank you for checking it out. I'm glad you said that, we are going for a simple but distinctive look.

Moncton
Ahh, ok. Then definitely create some really dope graphics and make sure you have that high quality. Since it is so simple everything you do (usually mistakes) will be much more amplified. 

@anyx_co

May 29, 2014 @ 13:52:34
http://sfr1intl.com/shop/
Check this Richmond, VA brand… More than a thumbs up/down would be appreciated!
Check out the site too, they have a charitable cause too...
Thanks

@anyx_co

May 29, 2014 @ 13:55:29
Thoughts? 

Also another Richmond, VA brand that was just launched. 
http://angelabacskocky.bigcartel.com

@anyx_co

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.
x