April 18, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
mrdaleog

Heres some more pics...let me know what you guys think. Negative, positive, whatever.

I think the style your aiming for is played out, the whole sweater-tumblr-photo has been overdone
Heres some more pics...let me know what you guys think. Negative, positive, whatever.

I think the style your aiming for is played out, the whole sweater-tumblr-photo has been overdone

What style do you think I'm aiming for?
That picture with the girl has been reblogged all over tumblr, but before that, i didnt see any designs like mine.
Im not aiming for any style, just doing what I think looks dope and releasing what the people like.

Nonetheless....i appreciate the feedback!

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

April 18, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
mrdaleog

If anybody can find a reliable place with a small minimum to buy camp hats....thatd be dope, and HIGHLY appreciated. I searched all over the web and only found one place but there "minimum" was 500 pieces -_-.

Camp hats are the style of hats that you see Supreme throwing out now.

Thanks!

www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

April 18, 2012 @ 04:39 AM
BSH

Not sure why, but I can really see this style taking off with the fixed gear community...don't ask me why and I'm probably wayyy off mark, but yeah it just feels "fixish" :D

nice stuff smile

Honesty that would be so dope to me, my dad runs a vintage roadbike/bike shop. and ive personally owned over a 100 bikes, so that culture has always been relevant in my life
but thank you for the kind words, much appreciated!
April 18, 2012 @ 09:47 AM
Third Eye Jedi

I've always felt that any new line should establish its own identity through images and messages before they just start printing their logo and name shirts as the only design. If the consumer doesn't understand the message of your brand, they won't be compelled to buy it. Just because it's cool in your head, or cool with you and your friends doesn't mean everyone else who have no idea what your brand is will understand.

I disagree, I hate when brands try to convince me about how they are different than other brands when they seem to be producing the same designs. The designs alone should be strong enough for the consumer to figure out what kind of brand they represent or they're trying to be.
April 18, 2012 @ 12:34 PM
slvtlife

Hey guys, having a small Facebook contest, and would appreciate some feedback too! Whether you click "like" or just drop me a response here I'd love to hear it too!

Hump Wednesday Giveaway!

Creative/Founder www.slvtlife.com / www.facebook.com/slvtlife

April 18, 2012 @ 03:16 PM
stillwild

I disagree, I hate when brands try to convince me about how they are different than other brands when they seem to be producing the same designs. The designs alone should be strong enough for the consumer to figure out what kind of brand they represent or they're trying to be.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

April 18, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
Frank_

this is a dope as shirt...anyway to get a freebie ? smile to broke to get 1 now
April 18, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
karakter1

from my experience ive learned that "hypebeast" make up a VERY small % of the actual streetwear/independent market!
April 19, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
hkeys

I usually check up on this forum but finally opened an account. Honestly most of this stuff is alright, a good percentage of people on here are just haters though. If your brand looks like shit then I'm sure you will find out sooner or later but it seems like most people are starting up strong. Decent designs, couple first pieces, sewn in tags (shirt or hem) and good ideas. I think if you're trying to do this to just make a quick buck then it will reflect in your work. We've had our brand out for only a year now and started sewing in our own tags recently which is making our brand develop better as a whole. Overall, stay up everyone and Stay Divided!

www.thedividedminds.com

http://thedividedminds.com/

April 19, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
Ellie

what you guys think, our 4th batch now and we are selling pretty good :D

stuff like that looks really generic.. plus you're not even a high end brand yet so I'm not entirely sure why you're spitting clothing out with your company logo on top.

that goes for all starting companies btw.

Its not generic, its a simple design with a good looking logo, and to not put our logo on
our product? are you stupid?

i'm sorry you can't take criticism, mate. designs like this are so overplayed, that's all. do you even know what generic means? if you can't take opinions I don't think you should even run a business.
April 19, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
stillwild

Anyone who has a website with an integrated blog, what's the framework for it? wordpress, or something else?

April 19, 2012 @ 02:26 AM
slvtlife

Anyone who has a website with an integrated blog, what's the framework for it? wordpress, or something else?

Might want to see if you can inquire with Jeff Sheldon over @ Ugmonk. He's done an awesome job of integrating the BigCartel cart with Wordpress. He describes it as being a pretty giant task, but I'd think he'd be someone to ask for expertise on the matter.

April 19, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
stillwild

Might want to see if you can inquire with Jeff Sheldon over @ Ugmonk. He's done an awesome job of integrating the BigCartel cart with Wordpress. He describes it as being a pretty giant task, but I'd think he'd be someone to ask for expertise on the matter.

Less curious about the commerce, and more curious about the actual posting? Alternatives to wordpress?
When I say integrated I mean not like blahblah.tumblr.com, but rather coded to be included within the website.
Like thehundreds.com

April 19, 2012 @ 02:46 AM
blaagh

Keep doing your thing Mint.
Looking forward to future designs.
Nothing wrong with a logo tee.

est. mcmxcii

April 19, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
denpa

BSH that's tight, and i dont even know what that shit says #boutdatwapaneselifestyle

電波

April 19, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
slvtlife

Less curious about the commerce, and more curious about the actual posting? Alternatives to wordpress?
When I say integrated I mean not like blahblah.tumblr.com, but rather coded to be included within the website.
Like thehundreds.com

yeah I know that's what you meant, which is why I suggested to see if you can inquire with Ugmonk....

April 19, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
Jake Ocean

honestly, Jeff Sheldon is probably so busy he will never be able to get to your email. The best you can do is posting something on Mintees asking a developer about it or something.

http://www.distantlight.co

April 19, 2012 @ 04:47 AM
BSH

this is a dope as shirt...anyway to get a freebie ? smile to broke to get 1 now
BSH that's tight, and i dont even know what that shit says #boutdatwapaneselifestyle

thanks guys! it means "poor fox"
April 19, 2012 @ 05:07 AM
stillwild

I was just trying to see what you guys know before I hit google.

April 19, 2012 @ 08:56 AM
2sikz

Hey,

Can anyone help me find out where to buy snapbacks at wholesale prices for cheap without sacrificing quality?
April 19, 2012 @ 01:19 PM
chads

Hey,

Can anyone help me find out where to buy snapbacks at wholesale prices for cheap without sacrificing quality?

get new era snapbacks. you can get them for wholesale for really cheap and they are pretty good quality

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 19, 2012 @ 01:41 PM
HWYS - Joey

what you guys think, our 4th batch now and we are selling pretty good :D

Are you giys getting this done at a shop or screen printing them yourselves?
Seems like an easy enough design that can be done in-house.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 19, 2012 @ 01:44 PM
LMCrep

I usually check up on this forum but finally opened an account. Honestly most of this stuff is alright, a good percentage of people on here are just haters though. If your brand looks like shit then I'm sure you will find out sooner or later but it seems like most people are starting up strong. Decent designs, couple first pieces, sewn in tags (shirt or hem) and good ideas. I think if you're trying to do this to just make a quick buck then it will reflect in your work. We've had our brand out for only a year now and started sewing in our own tags recently which is making our brand develop better as a whole. Overall, stay up everyone and Stay Divided!

www.thedividedminds.com

The girl modeling your shirts is a cutie. Your stuff looks good, too. Props.
April 19, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
2sikz

Hey,

get new era snapbacks. you can get them for wholesale for really cheap and they are pretty good quality

I read the only place that sells New era snapbacks wholesale is New era themselves, and it still cost $19 a hat. Where would I buy them, or what other brands could are people using?
April 19, 2012 @ 08:56 PM
minsct

Yo homies! Literally just finished this video piece for our "Universal Visions Hoodie". You guys are literally the first ones to see this. Havn't even launch it on the site yet. But in the meantime check out the lookbook snaps over at minsct.com.

P to the fucking S. I'm the dude in the maroon hoodie. Responsible for most of the creative activities that involve our brand.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

April 19, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
chads

Hey,

I read the only place that sells New era snapbacks wholesale is New era themselves, and it still cost $19 a hat. Where would I buy them, or what other brands could are people using?

Nah. my printer/manufacturer sells blank new era snapbacks for around $4-5 depending on quantity. But of course you still have to pay for what gets stitched on there.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 19, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
YK-

Yo homies! Literally just finished this video piece for our "Universal Visions Hoodie". You guys are literally the first ones to see this. Havn't even launch it on the site yet. But in the meantime check out the lookbook snaps over at minsct.com.

P to the fucking S. I'm the dude in the maroon hoodie. Responsible for most of the creative activities that involve our brand.

When do the hoodies drop? I'm feeling the black one.
April 20, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
minsct

When do the hoodies drop? I'm feeling the black one.

Appreciate the positive feedback homie!
Online shop is poppin next week! Full online shop including shipping to anywhere across this massive sphere we call earth.

April 20, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
HWYS - Joey

I would recommend checking out www.indietalk.com for some info on videography and such. You had a lot of off-focus shots and the shakiness of the camera was off putting. Maybe get a steadicam if you don't have one and you plan on continuing the video aspect of it.

Good luck to the brand!

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 20, 2012 @ 02:13 AM
minsct

I would recommend checking out www.indietalk.com for some info on videography and such. You had a lot of off-focus shots and the shakiness of the camera was off putting. Maybe get a steadicam if you don't have one and you plan on continuing the video aspect of it.

Good luck to the brand!

Thanks for the feedback! But honestly we incorporated that element for effect. Nothing to do with purposefully shaking the camera. We are currently experimenting with different editing techniques that you will probably see in coming videos.

Cool.

Please login first to reply.