Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 7, 2014 @ 11:30 PM
ReRetro Everything!

Feedback on wordmark, icon, and logo?

Get a better brand name and logo.
June 7, 2014 @ 11:31 PM
ReRetro Everything!

How can I improve this logo?

All I kept thinking was Fatlace knockoff.
June 7, 2014 @ 11:44 PM
ReRetro Everything!

Hello, I'm TUR. I make graphic since 2013. Today I wanna show you some of my pieces under name The Slaughterer.

I have crazy idea of making tees with SLAUGHTERER theme. Im going to do some animals graphic in future(I did a lot of pigs drawings)

Find me on :
Instagram
Facebook
TUMBLR

What do you think about my tees?
KILLER.

In all seriousness, have fun trying to sell your brand name to the people.
June 7, 2014 @ 11:54 PM
ReRetro Everything!

Nine times out of ten these brands have at least three of the following:

Brand name in a rectangle
Brand name with a line under it
Brand name with a line under it in a rectangle
X crests
Floral pattern
Graphic elements that "sort of" work with the brand name

Copy/pasting designs you think would look cool on a shirt
Etc.

The worst of them all has got to be that there's absolutely NO STORY BEHIND THE BRAND! 

June 8, 2014 @ 03:59 AM
anyxco

X crests
Floral pattern

Etc.

The worst of them all has got to be that there's absolutely NO STORY BEHIND THE BRAND! 

I tried to tell them that…lol

@anyx_co

June 8, 2014 @ 02:12 PM
OUTSIDERMIA

https://soundcloud.com/deluxe-radio-1/deluxe-interview-with-eric-rodriguez-founder-of-outsider-mia

outsidermia.com // Members Only

June 8, 2014 @ 06:05 PM
stillwild

X crests
Floral pattern

Etc.

What do you look for in a brand story?
History, a brand mission, or just an 'about section'?

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

June 8, 2014 @ 08:18 PM
birdyman18

Adding more interviews from brands on what it takes to be successful. We'll be putting more up as we get them done. Check them out: www.swagsyndicate.com

Check out swagsyndicate.com for all your streetwear news needs.

June 8, 2014 @ 10:36 PM
Tathenz

TUMBLR: www.tathens.tumblr.com

June 9, 2014 @ 06:02 AM
Jordan Lane

X crests
Floral pattern

Etc.

I completely understand where you are coming from. A lot of these start up brands put out designs, but they have very little meaning to them. Unfortunately the whole struggle with a start-up clothing brand is establishing the story behind the brand. Stories are created once the brand has been in the game multiple years, but how do you create a story with your first clothing line? Sure you can have a general theme, but a story takes years to make, and can't just be told. 

Personally I think you have high expectations for these start-up brands. The ones that survive the first couple years will have history, and that is what makes a story.
June 9, 2014 @ 06:09 AM
Jordan Lane

Adding more interviews from brands on what it takes to be successful. We'll be putting more up as we get them done. Check them out: www.swagsyndicate.com
I just visited your website for the first time and I'm impressed! Very well done and professional.

I really wish however, that you could change your name. Before clicking the link I expected a half-ass website, with poor design (just based off your name). Personally, "Swag Syndicate" doesn't sound professional, and sounds like some 12 year old's video game blog. You do however have quite a few followers on twitter/likes on facebook, so you're probably too far in to change your name. Ah well, that's just my opinion.

Overall, read some of your articles and they are well done! Keep it up!   
June 9, 2014 @ 07:13 AM
sabotage101

Hey guys.

Just posting up my label Sabotage. One man operation based out of Sydney Australia. Would love to hear any constructive feedback or thoughts. 

www.sbtge.bigcartel.com
www.facebook.com/sbtge

Im not out to re-invent the wheel so to speak, just to make good clothes. Currently a university student so my budget is super tight but im hoping to drop some interesting pieces over the next few weeks. Still refining the website and our brand bio etc and need to do a proper lookbook once I add a few more styles, once again, budget is a huge challenge for me at the moment.

I understand the imagery, cohesiveness and alot of other stuff needs work, it really is a work in progress right now. Just looking for feedback or whether you feel im on the right track and constructive criticism etc.

By definition Sabotage is a deliberate action aimed at weakening another entity through subversion, obstruction, disruption, or destruction. 

Im also working on a capsule collection based around some of my favourite japanese illustrators and music references, here's a sneak peek from that:

June 9, 2014 @ 07:21 AM
Blunted

I just visited your website for the first time and I'm impressed! Very well done and professional.

I really wish however, that you could change your name. Before clicking the link I expected a half-ass website, with poor design (just based off your name). Personally, "Swag Syndicate" doesn't sound professional, and sounds like some 12 year old's video game blog. You do however have quite a few followers on twitter/likes on facebook, so you're probably too far in to change your name. Ah well, that's just my opinion.

Holy shit. I took the time out to peep the SwagSyndicate website just because this comment pointed it out. To be honest, I have begun to naturally dismiss anything with swag in the name. It isn't as a form of snobbery, it just seems that every single brand, venture, rapper, etc... that encompasses swag in their name or title is absolute trash or hilariously outdated.

That being said, the site is clean as shit and I will be making sure to drop in more often. It just sucks that the first reaction by nearly everybody is skepticism or dismissal due to the goofiness of the outdated brand name.
June 9, 2014 @ 07:28 AM
Blunted

Hey guys.

Just posting up my label Sabotage. One man operation based out of Sydney Australia. Would love to hear any constructive feedback or thoughts. 

www.sbtge.bigcartel.com
www.facebook.com/sbtge

Im not out to re-invent the wheel so to speak, just to make good clothes. Currently a university student so my budget is super tight but im hoping to drop some interesting pieces over the next few weeks. Still refining the website and our brand bio etc and need to do a proper lookbook once I add a few more styles, once again, budget is a huge challenge for me at the moment.

I understand the imagery, cohesiveness and alot of other stuff needs work, it really is a work in progress right now. Just looking for feedback or whether you feel im on the right track and constructive criticism etc.

By definition Sabotage is a deliberate action aimed at weakening another entity through subversion, obstruction, disruption, or destruction. 

I like the Don't Sleep tee a lot, and i'm not even a fan of most basic text tees; but this one works. The sunglasses are dope as well, depending on their quality. They have definitely leapt well above the basic, cheap tier of glasses, but it will be interesting to see if they wear well enough at $45 to take consumers from the high-end frames.

That being said, i'm not a big fan of the pocket tee. It seems generic to me with the explosion of pocket tees in the last 6 months. I think to get any praise for a pocket tee these days, you gotta do something crazy.

Overall, the products are clean, with two standouts, the pictures are taken professionally and look badass, so you have something going for you.
June 9, 2014 @ 07:29 AM
Jordan Lane

Hey guys.

www.sbtge.bigcartel.com
www.facebook.com/sbtge

Im also working on a capsule collection based around some of my favourite japanese illustrators and music references, here's a sneak peek from that:

First off, I respect your struggle of being a college kid. I am currently going to university and I would love to create a clothing brand, but my funds are also very low. But anyway, about the clothing.

I like your script shirt. It is simple and clean, and I feel like it is a good start. I also like your polka dot shirt in the 4th picture, however I would like to see how it fits on a person rather than a wall. 

One thing that is extremely overdone right now is pocket tees with a plain shirt and a designed pocket. Your's is okay, but nothing special. Also NEVER sell something called "FAKE SUNGLASSES", it isn't appealing to buy fake sunglasses, and you don't want to be known as the brand that sells "fake" stuff (especially with a $45 price tag). They look like nice glasses, but is a huge turn-off when I see that they are called "fake sunglasses".

Overall it looks like you are on the right track, and your presentation is really good (especially for a broke university student).
June 9, 2014 @ 07:34 AM
Jordan Lane

Holy shit. I took the time out to peep the SwagSyndicate website just because this comment pointed it out. To be honest, I have begun to naturally dismiss anything with swag in the name. It isn't as a form of snobbery, it just seems that every single brand, venture, rapper, etc... that encompasses swag in their name or title is absolute trash or hilariously outdated.

That being said, the site is clean as shit and I will be making sure to drop in more often. It just sucks that the first reaction by nearly everybody is skepticism or dismissal due to the goofiness of the outdated brand name.
^this. Originally I wasn't going to click the link due to the name, but I decided to go against my gut instinct and click it. "Swag" just seems like such a childish slur that I instinctively disregard any type of serious business that uses it
June 9, 2014 @ 08:36 AM
vcreserveclothing

Hey guys 
I'm posting my brand V.C. Reserve (V.C. stands for Villain Coalition) based out of the Northwest in Seattle Washington. Currently I'm looking for any kind of constructive feedback and thoughts on my newest release that can all be found here : 
http://vcreserve.com/

The brand itself started out as "Villain Coation" and it was based on the idea of creating a kind of subversive, dissentious line but I later modified the brand name to better reflect what it is I'm trying to do. That would be creating these dissentious kinds of themes and designs but presenting them in a more lowkey,clean, and "reserved" manner. These are ultimately the ideals represented by V.C. Reserve; the dissident themes held by the original idea of a Villain Coalition paired with the Reserved packing I want to present everything with. 
(that and I've seen too many brands with "villain" themes who focus purely on that aspcet which is something I'm not looking to do) 

I definitely feel that my line is something that doesn't have an especially specific identity yet so cohesiveness can be somewhat of an issue. Still I'm happy with my most recent work and I feel that it captures what I'm looking to present in the future correctly. I'm working to pay for my way through college at the moment so $$$ and time are constantly an issue and I'm really just pricing things to move and hopefully gaining funds quickly; in turning allowing myself to create things rapidly. 

So again, any feedback from the people here is greatly appreciated and feel free to hit me with any questions. 

Thanks, 

Breland 

P.S. 
The "Fuck That Noise" hat has artwork from Ari based out of Seattle and his work can be found here: 
http://www.reveriesea.com/

The "Shooting At Paul's Boutique" tee features original work done by Seattle artist Brandon Broomhead
Some of his work can be found on his Instagram: http://instagram.com/the_doom_broom

Brand Logo: 

"What Does Mia Wallace Look Like?" long sleeve

"Shooting At Paul's Boutique" tee

"Fuck That Noise" hat

June 9, 2014 @ 09:26 AM
Blunted

Hey guys 
I'm posting my brand V.C. Reserve (V.C. stands for Villain Coalition) based out of the Northwest in Seattle Washington. Currently I'm looking for any kind of constructive feedback and thoughts on my newest release that can all be found here : 

See, the Mia Wallace tee is badass, but shirts like those, with the graphic or text designs on the sleeve ALWAYS look better when they are being displayed, rather than being worn. If you had made put those same three graphics on the front of a tee, larger... It would have been a must-cop for me.
June 9, 2014 @ 09:49 AM
vcreserveclothing

Hey guys 

See, the Mia Wallace tee is badass, but shirts like those, with the graphic or text designs on the sleeve ALWAYS look better when they are being displayed, rather than being worn. If you had made put those same three graphics on the front of a tee, larger... It would have been a must-cop for me.
I feel it man, that's honestly how the tee was oriented originally. I just felt it looked better on the sleeve cause it gave it a more understated design especially with the loud colors being used. Thanks for the feedback though bruh I appreciate it!
June 9, 2014 @ 09:00 PM
uknmvmt.

Just dropped our line, Look us know what you guys think. Thanks

Online store : http://www.uknmvmt.com/

when will someone come out with something different for a change? 
no offense but this just reminds me of another "street wear" brand that will mainly focus on graphic tees and caps. 
change it up graphics are playing out steeply. we need more simplicity that screams who you are and what you represent. this honestly reminds me of ronin, i don't want to even start naming brands who are using floral.
you guys can do it, heck anyone can just change it up.  

side note. anchors are WAY played out. just type "anchor logos" on google and pow.
Hey, No offense taken, Appreciate the time you've take to write something, Just to sort some stuff out we are currently working on cut & sew items for winter so we are not just going to be graphic tees and caps. and I will take that into consideration about simplicity that screams out who we are. Thanks for you feedback we really appreciate it!.
June 9, 2014 @ 11:46 PM
Broken Bank Clo

If any of you guys ever need design work. vector hand drawn stuff for screening, here is a small design portfolio of some of my work for myself and others.

http://bigbankdesigns.wordpress.com/

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

June 10, 2014 @ 12:24 AM
uppermostbrand

Uppermost
means to keep reaching new heights. To keep pushing yourself in
whatever you do. This is for the kids that struggle and hustle. That
want to live that high life. Eat, Sleep, Breathe whatever you do. That
uppermost lifestyle.
Check
out our latest gear and lookbooks
Read the rest of our story at uppermostbrand.com.
Follow us as we expand.
------Since 2014-----

uppermost

June 10, 2014 @ 12:29 AM
dirtylaundry

donotwash

visuals.

lurk001

aldy001 
June 10, 2014 @ 04:11 AM
June 10, 2014 @ 06:06 AM
commonlyused

I know this isn't brand related but it does relate to streetwear/fashion. I started this wdywt (inspired by whatsonewearing.com) feed a year ago but didn't really promote it as much. I thought this would be a great way to interact with customers and people in general around. I got a few submissions recently but I can't post it up if I don't have enough.

So if you guys are into this, go and submit a wdywt (photo can be landscape or portrait style) and I'll try to update it every 2 weeks if i get enough submissions.

you can rock your brand, you can submit your brand lookbook shots, doesnt matter as long as i get submissions and you guys are happy then its all good. We can help each other.

submit here:

http://www.commonlyusedlife.com/Common_Wear.html

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

June 10, 2014 @ 01:23 PM
WebSTAR20

http://www.blacksheepapparelco.com/2014-lookbook Here's our lookbook for 2014. I'm trying to submit my brand to some stores, and some have replied with slight interest.  I'm wholesaling these to stores for $13 at the moment, which concerns me; I want to know if that's too high. Diamond sells for $13.50 to stores like Zumiez, Stussy is $12.60, Obey is $9. So I want to know if my offering price is too high and if it looks solid enough for stores to buy it. I'm barely making a profit on that price, but that's fine by me as long as I get in a store somewhere. 
Keep in mind that those are well known clothing companies and their merchandise is more than likely going to sale. So you may even have to go a little bit higher. Sometimes you have to lose money to make money. You may go in the negative, but its all worth it if you're getting your companies name out there.
June 10, 2014 @ 03:03 PM
Tathenz

lol not gonna lie this is sick 

who remembers this? smile

June 10, 2014 @ 03:21 PM
chads

lol not gonna lie this is sick 

who remembers this?

lol, you guys both did em in sick ways, I like both the pieces. But to be honest @tathenz, I've seen multiple Pulp Fiction references throughout streetwear so don't get too hurt about it

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 10, 2014 @ 03:38 PM
Tathenz

^ Yeah I'm not mad or anything, might actually cop it lol

June 10, 2014 @ 04:13 PM
justinsos

Anyone here from Vancouver area or going to be at Knowshow end of July? I'm flying in for it and would love to meet some other brands or people from Vancouver!

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

Please login first to reply.