Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

Jun 13, 2014 @ 01:25
Originally posted by Inactive User
The point was that you understood my criticism, not grammar technicalities, but I do understand what you mean. I guess I really meant, "I personally would not want to buy clothing with logos all over from some brand they don't even know." and so on with other statements.

We'll let me start off by saying that your critcism is an opinion but yet not a valued one in our opinion.
First of far most the lets's start off with the name that you deemed unoriginal and generic. Camplife is acronym for Culture Always Makes-it's Prescence in LIFE. So trust that there were thought processes in the name and not just throwing a name on shirts and trying to sqwander it.

Second we're not trying to match T-shirts with jordans, matter of fact that is the total opposite of what we do. we are a culture brand that is trying to speak to all walks life so granted it being those who enjoy the purple drink or people who loves sneakers,etc,etc we are a brand that going to attach itself to all walks of life not just one lane. So if you came to look for over done shirts with medusa heads and and cathedral halls or floral print and all then indeed we're not the brand for your liking.

Branding is the soul purpose of putting your name on shirts, so that was dumb assement in itself. Company such as diamond,stussy or obey have seen major success of the simplicity of just branding.That is the most important to a start up brand, is to make sure the line has an identity.

WE DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES, because if we indeed did everything that everyone else is doing or for the sake of making a "quick buck" we would follow the trend of what everyone else is doing, but we refuse to do so, we're using our own mascot and have all original designs and more to come. Noe of the designs were rushed, we just enjoy simplicity over extreme, fyi the guy that does our designs, designed for Brisk, Absolute Vodka and other big companies so please with the designs being rushed.

I've seen alot of brands with rushed work with little to no effort involved out there and we refuse to do what everyone else is doing, so to say that we don't put thought process in our designs is insulting. We've sold out of every shirt we have ever dropped becuase of the quality of the shirts which ARE pima cotton shirts. I hate where brand are going these days to my friend but trust and believe nothing at Camplife is rushed or done without extreme consideration or thought. We usually don't respond with such post but you seem to have attacked our brand with frustration of other brands or failed attempts of your own but we do value your opinion but that my friend wasn't constructive it was an attack.

Peace
I could honestly care less whether you value my opinion or not, but if you don't take ANY feedback into consideration I can see your brand failing in the future. As a person who does not know your brand coming from the outside and looking in, I personally don't see anything different or special about your brand. Let me explain myself again and break it down.

1. Your Name. I did not say your whole name was unoriginal and generic, just the "clothing" part. No shit it's a clothing brand. If you have to add the word "clothing" to it so people understand that it's a clothing brand, then I feel it takes away from your whole name. Regarding the "camp" part, I can see how it is original, but just because it's original doesn't mean it's an actually good name. Nobody would even get it's an acronym unless you had to explain it. There aren't even any damn periods in camp, so who would even guess it's got some type of meaning. The actual acronym seems forced. To me it sounds like you just thought of the word camp and figured out what words could make it have meaning. Having the word "camp" alone is miss leading, I would think you were an outdoors company for god's sake. There is no concept at all behind your brand. You don't even have a target demographic. You say it's for "all walks of life, people who love purple drank, sneakers, etc.," but you just make generic shit. I don't see how any of these pieces would appeal to anyone. Excuse my harshness, but I really don't like this at all. There's a reason these types of clothes get down voted constantly.

2. Your Designs. Branding IS the soul purpose of putting your name everywhere, but the way you execute it makes it look sloppy. The lack of composition between each piece is honestly sad in my opinion. There is no coherence in your collection and it looks like a bunch of random tees. I cannot even tell what in the hell your "dmv" collection is supposed to show. I cannot stress how important composition is with clothing. A big design on the front followed by a big logo on the front underneath it does not even look good at all. Why not make it smaller or put it on the back? Your logo is shit. It does not represent culture nor camping. Another generic logo that takes no effort to make. It seems very lazy to me, not something I'd want to wear around on a shirt since it does not really express anything. You guys have no identity with your brand. It is hard to believe you guys started your own trend considering you don't lead any trends and have not started one. Your facebook page was made in 2013 leading me to believe this brand has not been around for so long, so the fact that you claim to have started a "trend" of some sort is a bit overstated. If these designs weren't rushed, then you need to hire someone who knows how to design! I can make this garbage in 5 minutes if you'd like! Please just ask! If your guy designed for brisk, absolute vodka, or any other brands, then either: A. They didn't use his designs, B. They got some shitty designs, or C. All of the above. No offense to the guy, but honestly, I can make better stuff than this in 10 minutes, no matter what I'm designing or trying to make. If you want to save money, you can actually design yourself and just watch youtube tutorials or take a class. It's really quite intriguing.

3. Your Responses. You know it was criticism, but you took it so personally, that it became an attack on you. I'm not trying to attack you I'm trying give you useful tips that can bring your brand to higher level. Nobody knows your brand! If you've been in the industry for at least long enough to start trends as you said, then maybe people would know about it by now! If you don't usually respond to these comments, it sounds to me like you must get these a lot then. I wouldn't have made these statements unless I felt so strongly about them. If you want to become a successful brand then maybe try listening to your potential buyers here.

By the way, it sounds to me like you're just advertising here. This is a forum, not a social network. Although you can advertise your stuff here, it was meant for critique in this particular thread. Again, don't take my comments so personally, but honestly I think you should change your brand, or at least take some classes, study the industry, and learn a few things as you go on. Good luck with your business, but honestly listen to people here. We are trying to help you!! 

www.worldsaffair.tumblr.com/

Jun 13, 2014 @ 01:53
I could honestly care less whether you value my opinion or not, but if you don't take ANY feedback into consideration I can see your brand failing in the future. As a person who does not know your brand coming from the outside and looking in, I personally don't see anything different or special about your brand. Let me explain myself again and break it down.

1. Your Name. I did not say your whole name was unoriginal and generic, just the "clothing" part. No shit it's a clothing brand. If you have to add the word "clothing" to it so people understand that it's a clothing brand, then I feel it takes away from your whole name. Regarding the "camp" part, I can see how it is original, but just because it's original doesn't mean it's an actually good name. Nobody would even get it's an acronym unless you had to explain it. There aren't even any damn periods in camp, so who would even guess it's got some type of meaning. The actual acronym seems forced. To me it sounds like you just thought of the word camp and figured out what words could make it have meaning. Having the word "camp" alone is miss leading, I would think you were an outdoors company for god's sake. There is no concept at all behind your brand. You don't even have a target demographic. You say it's for "all walks of life, people who love purple drank, sneakers, etc.," but you just make generic shit. I don't see how any of these pieces would appeal to anyone. Excuse my harshness, but I really don't like this at all. There's a reason these types of clothes get down voted constantly.

2. Your Designs. Branding IS the soul purpose of putting your name everywhere, but the way you execute it makes it look sloppy. The lack of composition between each piece is honestly sad in my opinion. There is no coherence in your collection and it looks like a bunch of random tees. I cannot even tell what in the hell your "dmv" collection is supposed to show. I cannot stress how important composition is with clothing. A big design on the front followed by a big logo on the front underneath it does not even look good at all. Why not make it smaller or put it on the back? Your logo is shit. It does not represent culture nor camping. Another generic logo that takes no effort to make. It seems very lazy to me, not something I'd want to wear around on a shirt since it does not really express anything. You guys have no identity with your brand. It is hard to believe you guys started your own trend considering you don't lead any trends and have not started one. Your facebook page was made in 2013 leading me to believe this brand has not been around for so long, so the fact that you claim to have started a "trend" of some sort is a bit overstated. If these designs weren't rushed, then you need to hire someone who knows how to design! I can make this garbage in 5 minutes if you'd like! Please just ask! If your guy designed for brisk, absolute vodka, or any other brands, then either: A. They didn't use his designs, B. They got some shitty designs, or C. All of the above. No offense to the guy, but honestly, I can make better stuff than this in 10 minutes, no matter what I'm designing or trying to make. If you want to save money, you can actually design yourself and just watch youtube tutorials or take a class. It's really quite intriguing.

3. Your Responses. You know it was criticism, but you took it so personally, that it became an attack on you. I'm not trying to attack you I'm trying give you useful tips that can bring your brand to higher level. Nobody knows your brand! If you've been in the industry for at least long enough to start trends as you said, then maybe people would know about it by now! If you don't usually respond to these comments, it sounds to me like you must get these a lot then. I wouldn't have made these statements unless I felt so strongly about them. If you want to become a successful brand then maybe try listening to your potential buyers here.

By the way, it sounds to me like you're just advertising here. This is a forum, not a social network. Although you can advertise your stuff here, it was meant for critique in this particular thread. Again, don't take my comments so personally, but honestly I think you should change your brand, or at least take some classes, study the industry, and learn a few things as you go on. Good luck with your business, but honestly listen to people here. We are trying to help you!! 
Not at all friend I don't get these at all this is the first one actually that's why i find it entertaining but again it is your opinion my friend. Nor do i take what you say personal, i don't know you  to care on a personal note i'm basing it off the tone of your comment but again, i have other things to do. I'll will take 1% what you said into consideration being that you can't please everyone. but thank you for your "advice" stay in peace and we wish you luck in all your future endeavors.
Jun 13, 2014 @ 02:14

hgh stndrds hghstndrds.com shop.hghstndrds.com

Jun 13, 2014 @ 04:05
Jun 13, 2014 @ 04:08
Hey guys my names Hayden and I own PRMY
I took the word primary and shortened it down to PRMY, so that's what we call it P-R-M-Y, ok now this has gone on way too long. So anyways, we are based out of Chesapeake, Virginia. We have been in the works now for about a few months now, and we hope to speed up production and hopefully open our first shop out in Florida. When I was younger I had an obsession with t-shirts, I don't know why, I just liked them. Probably because with a short sleeves, you don't have to roll up your sleeves to get blood drawn from your arm, like a long sleeve shirt. Why I got blood drawn from my arm all the time, you are probably wondering. When I was younger I was diagnosed with an Immunodeficiency, known as XLA or agammaglobulinemia which means my body does not produce B Cells to fight off virus' or bacteria in my body, which makes my body very vulnerable. Each week I have to inject two small needles into my side areas of my stomach to send plasma or medicine that basically creates B Cells temporarily. By the end of the week I'm normally exhausted and run down because the medicine has worn off, which normally means I have to do my medicine once again. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this defect so therefore I have to live with it for my whole life, considering that the research group is way too small to have the money to find a cure or even be supported. It sucks I know but I feel like that is what makes my company different. Even though I have a disease, I am just like each of you. Sorry if I was talking about myself too much but anyways, we are stoked to announce that our summer drops will be dropping soon with our new Pouch Pocket Tank Tops. Check out our Instagram @prmyclothingsupply or follow us on twitter @PRMYClothing

mad@society

Jun 13, 2014 @ 05:48

We've just uploaded product details and pictures for the Bright Futures Sunglasses AV1 Aviator Military Series featuring Polarized Lenses and a High Tensile Steel Frame to our online store for pre-order, only $28 retail, and all orders ship by June 20th. Limited to 100 pair per lens/frame combination...

http://www.brightfuturessunglasses.com/

http://www.brightfuturessunglasses.com ||| INSTAGRAM: @brightfuturessunglasses

Jun 13, 2014 @ 15:32

Not at all friend I don't get these at all this is the first one actually that's why i find it entertaining but again it is your opinion my friend. Nor do i take what you say personal, i don't know you  to care on a personal note i'm basing it off the tone of your comment but again, i have other things to do. I'll will take 1% what you said into consideration being that you can't please everyone. but thank you for your "advice" stay in peace and we wish you luck in all your future endeavors.
It's probably more amusing for me to see what you respond. You say you don't take it personal, yet in your last post you said this was an attack. If you didn't take it personally it would just be criticism, which it still is. You represent your brand and I can tell you're ignorant to honest feedback because of your ego. When I get my brand running in the near future, I'll be sure to keep you posted so you know where we go. I will give no further comments in this thread from now on so it does not become flooded with this stupid argument.

www.worldsaffair.tumblr.com/

Jun 13, 2014 @ 15:42
Check out our new up-and-coming clothing line PRIMA NYC which is now available online at www.primanyc.com!

The backgound:

PRIMA NYC is an active lifestyle brand that evokes confidence and leadership while focusing on self-empowerment. LEADbyEXAMPLE. This is the essence of our brand. PRIMA is a creative outlet that conveys our vision and message through art and edgy designs.   

Our goal is to create products that bring out the best in people. We're constantly surrounded by so much negativity and it's so easy to let that bring us down. But let's face it, we're all on this earth for a short time and we shouldn't waste it dwelling on our flaws or being afraid to chase our goals, no matter how crazy they may be.We want to inspire people to embrace themselves in every way and live their lives in the way that makes them the happiest, not just the way they're expected to. Our generation is responsible for creating the world of our future. If we can set our focus on being our greatest, we can inspire others to do the same. Spread confidence, spread positivity, and the best way to do that is to LEAD BY EXAMPLE. We're not just another streetwear brand, PRIMA is a way of life.

Ryan DeGuzman www.primanyc.com

Jun 13, 2014 @ 16:57
>>> First of far most the lets's start off with the name that you deemed
unoriginal and generic. Camplife is acronym for Culture Always
Makes-it's Prescence in LIFE. So trust that there were thought processes
in the name and not just throwing a name on shirts and trying to
sqwander it.

2 deep 4 me

your girlfriend's vagina smells like bumble bee tuna

Jun 14, 2014 @ 06:33
It's been awhile since the last drop in January (Sleep When Dead winter capsule). I have been working on some new stuff since then while taking care of my personal life plus school and work. Here is a sneakpeak of what I have coming out soon for summer. It consist of a camp cap in 2 different colorways, a shirt, and a tank top (2 different colorways). I went simple on this collection. More information about this collection coming soon.

Still have Sleep When Dead tees available in stock: http://

Follow us on twitter/Instagram @commonlyusedsj
Like the facebook page: www.facebook.com/commonlyusedlife

Sneakpeak:

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.cmnlyud.com

Jun 14, 2014 @ 07:02
Graphic designer looking for some freelance work.  

email me at darren@firstraditions.com / website is www.firstraditions.com

thanks
Jun 14, 2014 @ 23:05
Our 1's Tank Top Jersey and Shorts available at unoandco.com and check out our IG @uno_and_company

Jun 15, 2014 @ 03:24
Items now available via triworld.us
Prints on the sleeves and left pocket
Message says "Mint" in Hindi on each sleeve
Online Store (triworld.us)

She Saw Everything LS

軽い力

Jun 15, 2014 @ 03:32
Items now available via triworld.us

She Saw Everything LS - triworld.us

軽い力

Jun 15, 2014 @ 03:44
Items now available via http://

She Saw Everything LS - http://
that tunnel is too naked.

Jun 15, 2014 @ 16:21
Hey everybody,

I am Jeffrey, a writer/editor in a new fashion blogging website, http://www.undergroundoutfits.com/.

UndergroundOutfits.com is more than just a typical fashion blog. It showcases new/upcoming clothing brands and other brands that deserve to be
known by more people. There are many designers out there that don’t get
enough spotlight that they deserve, and our mission is to help get the
word out.

Do not hesitate to send an email to: jeffrey@undergroundoutfits.com if you would like your brand to be featured in our website.

Looking forward to your emails!
Jun 15, 2014 @ 18:02
http://www.ampedswagger.com/ Looks like a poor rip off of barbara kreugers art

Long time lurker. Just started a clothing brand, and here's the first couple of tees.

Would love some feedback from you guys. Thanks!

http://www.ampedswagger.com/
Looks like a poor rip off of barbara kreugers art
Cant beat em. Supreme em
Jun 15, 2014 @ 18:38
Streetwear has evolved and will never again be just t-shirts, hoodies etc. More than a piggybacked brand, or trendy simplistic design concepts, in order for any streetwear brand to survive and stick out in this over-saturated field of duplicated and half thought out brands, you have to have an original aesthetic.. and most crucial, a genuine story behind the brand. 

No one gives a shit anymore about your (1) Tee. I MYSELF, give a brand 10 seconds to immerse me in their brand story, culture etc. Then if I'm sold on that, I peep their designs. 

Jonas from LRG, Jeff Staple, Nick Tershay all had a great story and culture behind them and that's what carried them through the gates (Having a best friend start Girl skateboards and giving you a distribution deal helps too but still).. Streetwear is filled with soulless brands that IF they were to make it past the gates like a pink dolphin or something, they'll just come tumbling down their fiscal charts in a year and into the gravesite of all streetwear fashion brands that once were.. i.e. the shelves of Marshalls. 

Cultivate a brand story, watch "How to make it in America" if you need inspiration. (Kanye voice)  DO SOM-IN
Jun 15, 2014 @ 18:44
Streetwear has evolved and will never again be just t-shirts, hoodies etc. More than a piggybacked brand, or trendy simplistic design concepts, in order for any streetwear brand to survive and stick out in this over-saturated field of duplicated and half thought out brands, you have to have an original aesthetic.. and most crucial, a genuine story behind the brand. 

No one gives a shit anymore about your (1) Tee. I MYSELF, give a brand 10 seconds to immerse me in their brand story, culture etc. Then if I'm sold on that, I peep their designs. 

Jonas from LRG, Jeff Staple, Nick Tershay all had a great story and culture behind them and that's what carried them through the gates (Having a best friend start Girl skateboards and giving you a distribution deal helps too but still).. Streetwear is filled with soulless brands that IF they were to make it past the gates like a pink dolphin or something, they'll just come tumbling down their fiscal charts in a year and into the gravesite of all streetwear fashion brands that once were.. i.e. the shelves of Marshalls. 

Cultivate a brand story, watch "How to make it in America" if you need inspiration. (Kanye voice)  DO SOM-IN
Really? Since when? Thats what the base of streetwear has and will always be. People wont stop wearing t-shirts and hoodies. It's wearable art. What do you want new brands to do, come up with some new type of clothing article? You want every brand to do cut & sew, then people will be complaining that no one is doing t-shirts and hoodies. 
Jun 15, 2014 @ 19:34

Really? Since when? Thats what the base of streetwear has and will always be. People wont stop wearing t-shirts and hoodies. It's wearable art. What do you want new brands to do, come up with some new type of clothing article? You want every brand to do cut & sew, then people will be complaining that no one is doing t-shirts and hoodies. 
My nigga, I think you stopped reading after my second paragraph.. My point is that the Story is missing from streetwear. The soul of the brand. I'm a humble student to the game and see brands sprout all the time with no roots. Just a plant hovering above ground with no root to prevent the wind from blowing them over. It goes well above streetwear.. you need an iron string, a cause, a source that connects to something real, then from that you birth the creation, the art, the graphic tees, hoodies, cut n sews, nigga name it. It's what separates your Been Trill and slowbucks Brands from your Stussys and 10 Deeps.. The story's is missing. 

But by all means if these brands want to be shallow vessels floating with half thought out designs because theres nothing real to seed them from then fuck it, Produce.. Keeps forums like Hypebeast and Highsnob something to dissect and chat about.
Jun 15, 2014 @ 19:56
Who needs some fucking story behind a brand, want a story go read a book smh

your girlfriend's vagina smells like bumble bee tuna

Jun 15, 2014 @ 19:56
I personally think that if someone makes a story about their cloths to where it is about self improvement and all the philosophical shit, that is when it sounds ridiculous. You're making clothes not a religion. If you want to just make shirts and clothes just because, then that's fine. Just base your brand around something, and that should be good enough for me. I don't think every brand needs a super deep meaning or story though. 

https://noblegear.bigcartel.com

Jun 15, 2014 @ 21:21

I agree with you on everything. In my town, I put out shit that I put work, dedication, and thought into but no one cares. Then when I drop a few designs (i dont actually print. I just wanted to fuck around) that i didnt put thought into that i made in like 2 minutes and it looks like shit people start to go bonkers and start to give me props. It's like they dont appreciate real art. They rather appreciate trill shit.

Jun 16, 2014 @ 00:16
My nigga, I think you stopped reading after my second paragraph.. My point is that the Story is missing from streetwear. The soul of the brand. I'm a humble student to the game and see brands sprout all the time with no roots. Just a plant hovering above ground with no root to prevent the wind from blowing them over. It goes well above streetwear.. you need an iron string, a cause, a source that connects to something real, then from that you birth the creation, the art, the graphic tees, hoodies, cut n sews, nigga name it. It's what separates your Been Trill and slowbucks Brands from your Stussys and 10 Deeps.. The story's is missing. 

But by all means if these brands want to be shallow vessels floating with half thought out designs because theres nothing real to seed them from then fuck it, Produce.. Keeps forums like Hypebeast and Highsnob something to dissect and chat about.
I get what youre saying but there is many successful brands with no "story" - What is the story of HUF, Diamond, Even new ones like Deadline. They just make clothes people buy, story or not. 
Jun 16, 2014 @ 05:16

How To Make It is a great show for entrepreneurs. 

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

Jun 16, 2014 @ 08:22
Like I said couple of pages ago: Your brand's story is developed over a couple years, and is determined by the people that buy it. Huf didn't force a story on people, but the skaters that bought it and supported the business created a story for the company: dope skate wear.
Jun 16, 2014 @ 10:19
So this is the site I'm running, we're working on a ton of new stuff. Got some good stuff up now, but we're looking to start branding and adding some new apparel ver soon. 

Mesh
Jackets For Men
Jun 16, 2014 @ 17:24

I just put a list together of the "Top 8 Secret Methods of Getting Your Brand In a Store". If you follow these 8 methods I promise you will get carried by a retailer. How do I know it works? Because it worked for me and I've seen all the major brands use it. Let me know what you think and good luck.

http://thefarcollective.com/top-8-secret-methods-of-getting-into-a-store/

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

Jun 16, 2014 @ 19:35

I just put a list together of the "Top 8 Secret Methods of Getting Your Brand In a Store". If you follow these 8 methods I promise you will get carried by a retailer. How do I know it works? Because it worked for me and I've seen all the major brands use it. Let me know what you think and good luck.

That's a great list.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

Jun 17, 2014 @ 03:27

That's a great list.
Thanks. I thought it could really help some new people starting out. 

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.