April 9, 2012 @ 05:29 PM
slvtlife

Havent been on hypebeast for a while, been dealing with tons of issues with getting scammed overseas with cut & sew and in the states and ive basiaclly been knocked back down to the first stages with screen printing. Looking for HONEST opinions on this. If you think its shit, tell me cus i respect that. but tell me WHY you think its shit.

Simple one color screen print on some triblend tanks, i like the design, but im not sure how well it works on the tank so im looking for legit feedback

Broken link buddy. Would love to give some feedback but can't smile

Scratch that, copy & pasted the link in a new tab and it works. Anyway, I think the design looks good on the tank, don't see anything wrong with it really. What's giving you doubts about the design though?

Critically speaking though, the word FLAVOR gets a bit difficult to read since the OR seems to stick together. The spacing between the AV is a bit wide, so maybe look to space the letters out a little more evenly and have it track a little wider so it's more legible. Other than that I really dig the design.

Creative/Founder www.slvtlife.com / www.facebook.com/slvtlife

April 9, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
slvtlife

Anyone running an online store and monitoring their Google Analytics? I've got a few questions about drop off rates and methods of improving them?

Seriously!? There's not a single person in here that's in the same situation? Or at least interested in discussing how they've been improving their rates? Designs on products are great, but let's not forget the business/marketing aspect too? Does no one have this problem with their online store? Am I the only one? :-S

April 9, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
ryder

Havent been on hypebeast for a while, been dealing with tons of issues with getting scammed overseas with cut & sew and in the states and ive basiaclly been knocked back down to the first stages with screen printing. Looking for HONEST opinions on this. If you think its shit, tell me cus i respect that. but tell me WHY you think its shit.

Simple one color screen print on some triblend tanks, i like the design, but im not sure how well it works on the tank so im looking for legit feedback

http://i.imgur.com/dWPIl.png

Broken link buddy. Would love to give some feedback but can't smile

Scratch that, copy & pasted the link in a new tab and it works. Anyway, I think the design looks good on the tank, don't see anything wrong with it really. What's giving you doubts about the design though?

Critically speaking though, the word FLAVOR gets a bit difficult to read since the OR seems to stick together. The spacing between the AV is a bit wide, so maybe look to space the letters out a little more evenly and have it track a little wider so it's more legible. Other than that I really dig the design.

haha i didnt notice your little edit. Ya the kerning on the letters is a bit off, i did it all my hand and didnt put hours into making sure lines are great and whatnot. Thank for the feedback man appreciate it!

Edit: just looked at my design again in illustrator and noticed the spacing between the A and V is fucked haha. therees way to much space there ill have to change it

edmflavor.com

April 9, 2012 @ 06:15 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Has anyone trademark their brand name yet? Did you get a business license before doing so

Did it with Legalzoom
pretty easy. Was the first thing I did before anything. Just make sure you have everything finalized it will make the process go easier.
If you are going to include your name in the application do it when the exact font and logo.

Anyone running an online store and monitoring their Google Analytics? I've got a few questions about drop off rates and methods of improving them?

Seriously!? There's not a single person in here that's in the same situation? Or at least interested in discussing how they've been improving their rates? Designs on products are great, but let's not forget the business/marketing aspect too? Does no one have this problem with their online store? Am I the only one? :-S

I have it but haven't put it to use. To be honest if confusing to me. I had a old fasion hit tracker in my site. but did away with it.
If you make your webpage on Wordpress they also have a tracker of hits, search terms, site people used to visit your site and location of hits as well in the world.
But seriously I didn't understand the Google Analytics

Just a preview of the Premiere Spring/Summer 2012 Line for the new brand INNER CIRCLE. We are happy to bring you the first drop from my new brand.

Like our FB & Show some support: facebook.com/innercirclelife
Follow on Twitter: @INNERCIRCLELIFE

Thanks for checking it out.

The is a clean one for sure. Good luck to you sir.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

April 9, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
slvtlife

Has anyone trademark their brand name yet? Did you get a business license before doing so

Did it with Legalzoom
pretty easy. Was the first thing I did before anything. Just make sure you have everything finalized it will make the process go easier.
If you are going to include your name in the application do it when the exact font and logo.

I have it but haven't put it to use. To be honest if confusing to me. I had a old fasion hit tracker in my site. but did away with it.
If you make your webpage on Wordpress they also have a tracker of hits, search terms, site people used to visit your site and location of hits as well in the world.
But seriously I didn't understand the Google Analytics

Just a preview of the Premiere Spring/Summer 2012 Line for the new brand INNER CIRCLE. We are happy to bring you the first drop from my new brand.

The is a clean one for sure. Good luck to you sir.

Hey Vega,

Yeah the analytics is some pretty technical stuff. For brands that startup like us other than word of mouth and not having the luxury of a brick & mortar shop, the online store relies heavily on optimization and understanding user behavior when they enter the "funnel" so to speak.

I think at this point for me, pulling out all the bags of tricks that I can for the online store given what I have is a must in order to get the orders up and the traffic flowing. I'd imagine it be no different for anyone else participating in this thread. The barrier to entry for an online shop is huge since attention span for any customer online is about 10-15 seconds and you'd be lucky if it were that in reality!

I was hoping to perhaps get some more feedback from maybe startup brands experiencing positive online shop feedback and maybe some things they actively did to boost their sales.... hope this doesn't get buried in the pile of critical design feedback because this is pretty important stuff for everyone in general.

April 9, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
moderndayrobinhood

is this the brand for new world culture in AZ?
April 9, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
Thank Deezus

No, sorry it is not carried there. I was just posting from this account to get the word out until the brand account got approved. Thanks all for the kind words. Will keep you all updated with the launch. Just a little behind the scenes for you guys before we launch fully.

Friends You Can't Trust

April 9, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
INNER CIRCLE LIFE

No, sorry it is not carried there. I was just posting from this account to get the word out until the brand account got approved. Thanks all for the kind words. Will keep you all updated with the launch. Just a little behind the scenes for you guys before we launch fully.

And the IC account is now active. For those digging our stuff this will be the account to follow. Thanks once again.

Found On Principle. Bound By Thought. | Spring/Summer 2012 | innercirclelife.tumblr.com | @innercirclelife

April 9, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
moderndayrobinhood

I was just wondering because my line is based out of Arizona as well. I have never been to the shop but heard its pretty awesome.. would love to get my stuff in there.
April 9, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
Thank Deezus

I was just wondering because my line is based out of Arizona as well. I have never been to the shop but heard its pretty awesome.. would love to get my stuff in there.

For sure man I'm really digging your stuff, didn't know you were out of AZ. Which part? Right now our shop is small and VERY packed with product & dope gear. We will hopefully be expanding very soon and will have more room to take on local talent. Keep in touch and i'll see what I can do!

Friends You Can't Trust

April 9, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
moderndayrobinhood

For sure man I'm really digging your stuff, didn't know you were out of AZ. Which part? Right now our shop is small and VERY packed with product & dope gear. We will hopefully be expanding very soon and will have more room to take on local talent. Keep in touch and i'll see what I can do!

I live in Ahwatukee/go to ASU/work at superstition mall... Yeah I will for sure keep in touch, are you the owner of the shop? I will probably stop in sometime coming up
April 9, 2012 @ 10:38 PM
effustephen

I'm not sure if you're aware of the other Inner Circle brand: http://www.theic3.com/
just thought i point that out there just in case

effulgencesf.com

April 10, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
streetshark

here's a peep at some of my summer designs, give me some feedback please.

If the price was right, I'd buy a hoodie with that logo on it.

Agreed. This design is FIRE! cool

Yeah stick with this stuff. Reminds me of that awesome 80's / 90's surf and skate wear.

www.wolfpartyusa.com

April 10, 2012 @ 01:13 PM
pherkan

That 'IC' logo tee is nice.
Clean look.
April 10, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
minsct

I'm not sure if you're aware of the other Inner Circle brand: http://www.theic3.com/

I honestly feel bad for brands when this kind of thing happens. If anyone is familiar with Legends League you will know that Brian printed a super dope shirt then later found out that it had already been printed by another brand. Super unfortunate when someone put a ton of effort into something then realizes someone else doing the same thing with the same name. I guess that just shows all of us that you MUST do extensive research before investing a ton of time and money into something. But either way, good luck.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

April 10, 2012 @ 05:00 PM
Broken Bank Clo

With a situation like that, now you see the importance of Trademark. A TM company does the research on finding out if there are any companies out there with the same name or anything similar or close to the name

Would highly suggest you guys look into doing this. Save you money and time in the long run

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

April 10, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
big4slick20

With a situation like that, now you see the importance of Trademark. A TM company does the research on finding out if there are any companies out there with the same name or anything similar or close to the name

Would highly suggest you guys look into doing this. Save you money and time in the long run

YUP! always put in the research before throwing all your eggs in the basket
April 11, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
HWYS - Joey

ouch... that blows

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 11, 2012 @ 12:50 AM
HEAVYSET

So you dropping your line now?

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

April 11, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
tronik

Damn theres a lot of people starting clothing lines lol. A lot of them are dope, but most will fail because they don't market correctly and don't understand SEO. I'm currently starting a website that will (hopefully) revolutionize the clothing industry. I dont design but im a big fan of a lot of the brands I see on here, like The post above me (Heavyset) looks so fucking dope. Back to my plan, i'm starting a website that will have a music/clothing blog, but thats only to increase search engine visibility and attract more visitors, the main focus of the site will be dropshipping or affiliate marketing indie clothing lines. This will work because I've already had success with two other online stores in different industries and I didnt really care about those stores, but i'm really into fashion/clothes, so I'll be grinding hard on this. If you don't know, dropshipping is where one site (mine) will sell a product (your clothing). I'll have your clothes on my site, and whenever I sell a product of yours, Ill pay you to ship your product to my customer, and you;ll split a percent of the profit with me, so it works out for both of us. from you and you'll ship it. Basically, I'm the middle man. Here's a video detailing it more http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcib2e_drop-shipping-explained-and-illustr_travel If you're interested leave your email here, and ill keep you up to date until we launch.

Thanks for reading this long ass post lol
April 11, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
Jake Ocean

Damn theres a lot of people starting clothing lines lol. A lot of them are dope, but most will fail because they don't market correctly and don't understand SEO. I'm currently starting a website that will (hopefully) revolutionize the clothing industry. I dont design but im a big fan of a lot of the brands I see on here, like The post above me (Heavyset) looks so fucking dope. Back to my plan, i'm starting a website that will have a music/clothing blog, but thats only to increase search engine visibility and attract more visitors, the main focus of the site will be dropshipping or affiliate marketing indie clothing lines. This will work because I've already had success with two other online stores in different industries and I didnt really care about those stores, but i'm really into fashion/clothes, so I'll be grinding hard on this. If you don't know, dropshipping is where one site (mine) will sell a product (your clothing). I'll have your clothes on my site, and whenever I sell a product of yours, Ill pay you to ship your product to my customer, and you;ll split a percent of the profit with me, so it works out for both of us. from you and you'll ship it. Basically, I'm the middle man. Here's a video detailing it more http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcib2e_drop-shipping-explained-and-illustr_travel If you're interested leave your email here, and ill keep you up to date until we launch.

Thanks for reading this long ass post lol

www.theutee.com - for indie labels and music.
I don't know how comfortable people will feel drop shipping with you if you're just a start up blog. When people consign with other shops, they don't just want it up for no reason. People like to have a store/shop to represent their brand, and do good with it.

But, there are many websites that are already doing that, where they sell other indie brand's shirts on their site - they'll have a big page of dozens or hundreds of random shirts.

A lot of clothing labels don't believe in marketing or SEO. Some brands believe that their product is their marketing - and sell like crazy. There is no "correct" way of marketing.

Just because you have had "success" with two other companies, doesn't mean it automatically works.
Not trying to be a dick, just my 2 cents.

http://www.distantlight.co

April 11, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
tronik

Totally agree with you ^^ And nah your not a dick at all lol, I appreciate honest. I did a market assessment and all the competitors aren't focused on the same thing as me, the brands that I'm doing are brands such as Diamond Supply Co. and Undefeated, except smaller. And I agree with you, at first it will be hard getting drop shippers, so I'm going to be starting it slowly, first with the blog to gain visitors and be more legit, then in 6-9 months starting the dropshipping/ store. It would be awesome if you could email me at OfficialTronik@Gmail.com and tell me what would make you, as a clothing line, want to do business with me, and what I could improve on.

Thanks again!
April 11, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
Jake Ocean

Totally agree with you ^^ And nah your not a dick at all lol, I appreciate honest. I did a market assessment and all the competitors aren't focused on the same thing as me, the brands that I'm doing are brands such as Diamond Supply Co. and Undefeated, except smaller. And I agree with you, at first it will be hard getting drop shippers, so I'm going to be starting it slowly, first with the blog to gain visitors and be more legit, then in 6-9 months starting the dropshipping/ store. It would be awesome if you could email me at OfficialTronik@Gmail.com and tell me what would make you, as a clothing line, want to do business with me, and what I could improve on.

Thanks again!

To be honest, those big brands would never consign with a indie blog, and would never you a percentage of their sale because they can make full profit from it 6347839444 different ways. Brands like those do wholesale in very large quantities too.

http://www.distantlight.co

April 11, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
tronik

Yeah I meant brands like those but smaller, like in the same style and with the same audience
April 11, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
chads

<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/tronik/' rel='nofollow'>@tronik</a>
I think you have a dope idea but like Jake is saying, it seems you will have are hard time initially getting serious brands to take the jump with something like this for many reasons. On the other hand though you seem to be pretty well rounded in this subject and it sounds like you have a good plan.
If it all ends up working out for you, I may consider this route for my clothing as I reach that state.
Anyway, good luck!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 11, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
tronik

Thanks a lot man! I'm going to keep trying to improve it until launch time and try to update you designers along the process, I may make a thread about it, in the later stages. If any of you have suggestions or critique,feel free to email me
April 11, 2012 @ 06:39 AM
Thank Deezus

I honestly feel bad for brands when this kind of thing happens. If anyone is familiar with Legends League you will know that Brian printed a super dope shirt then later found out that it had already been printed by another brand. Super unfortunate when someone put a ton of effort into something then realizes someone else doing the same thing with the same name. I guess that just shows all of us that you MUST do extensive research before investing a ton of time and money into something. But either way, good luck.

Yes we feel bad as well. The thing is, we searched trademarks and found nothing under "Inner CIrcle" Trademarked for clothing before creating our own. They DID approach us and even went to lengths to have our FB shut down & threaten us with legal action (A little aggressive for a brand that had not even launched) even though we technically used nothing they own. Searching later we found they had trademarked their more prominently used "IC3", and nothing regarding "Inner Circle", but we decided it would not be in best interest to try and legally battle when still in such an infant stage & we firmly believe in the community & wished not to step on anyone's toes.

but as our unhatched idea of "Inner Circle" dies we will continue to Create & Innovate as promised.

Friends You Can't Trust

April 11, 2012 @ 08:13 AM
big4slick20

but as our unhatched idea of "Inner Circle" dies we will continue to Create & Innovate as promised.

Inner Circle = IC
Create & Innovate = CI

CI > IC.

UC what i did there?
April 11, 2012 @ 08:26 AM
stillwild

Inner Circle = IC
Create & Innovate = CI

CI > IC.

UC what i did there?

CI? IC. UC?

(had to)

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

April 11, 2012 @ 02:16 PM
chads

Inner Circle = IC
Create & Innovate = CI

CI > IC.

UC what i did there?

CI? IC. UC?

(had to)

lol

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.