Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

Feb 12, 2014 @ 00:36
Feb 12, 2014 @ 00:41
Not anyone with a current fashion sense, bro. ^

sorry to sound like such a hater.
Feb 12, 2014 @ 00:49

sorry to sound like such a hater

but I'm saying tho what's wrong about it. what don't you like. i haven't seen anyone use that picture on a shirt period 
Feb 12, 2014 @ 00:51
I also have 36 raglan crewnecks from Independent Trading Co. for $13.75/ea

Size S-XL

Black color.

TwinColumn.com @TwinColumnCult Facebook.com/TwinColumn

Feb 12, 2014 @ 01:10

sorry to sound like such a hater

but I'm saying tho what's wrong about it. what don't you like. i haven't seen anyone use that picture on a shirt period 
Let me see...

I feel as though the baroque theme is mad played out already.
Also, the fonts don't look that great together & the "all things" portion looks really tacky. 
Another thing I wanted to mention is that you most likely do not have the right to print this image on anything.
Secondly, you found that image on the internet... and just smacked a box logo onto it. 

To make your brand stand out, you need to be genuinely creative; the exact opposite of this design. 

IMO, you should just scrap the design and try to create a drawing yourself, VIA adobe Illustrator or hand... 
Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:01

Also, the fonts don't look that great together & the "all things" portion looks really tacky. 
Another thing I wanted to mention is that you most likely do not have the right to print this image on anything.
Secondly, you found that image on the internet... and just smacked a box logo onto it. 

To make your brand stand out, you need to be genuinely creative; the exact opposite of this design. 

IMO, you should just scrap the design and try to create a drawing yourself, VIA adobe Illustrator or hand... 

Well i appreciate your feed back and i don't know what you mean by baroque theme.that font is called Agre Sans NC  which looks like clean font to me and i guess i could adjust the all things but it's suppose to represent killing whatever you conquer'd. 

With regards to the picture I was told I couldn't be sued for using it because it's been duplicated and used several times already so it's a very slim  to NONE chance that i'm using the original picture that was panted. and the people who painted it are DEAD.  

& If you notice and look on karmloop  and even big HIGH END colthing lines like givenchy there taking vintage painting and throwing them on a shirt like virgin mary, last supper pictures, hell jay z was just rocking picture of picture of jesus dying.

& my ending point with that is they have zero concept and threw these image on a shirt and charge people an arm and a leg for them vs me i have a concept and meaning if you look at the bottom of it it says "Todays Yesterday Victory Tomorrow Yesterday Tomorrow's Conquest, and Tomorrow is Today's War.

Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:05
Playing off @HWYS Zine idea, what if some of the brands on the forum threw in on a zine. We could showcase some of our Art/Clothing through a couple pages, and have our site or contact information so that people could find out more. We would have an open document (Google doc file or something of that nature) that we would all have access to editing, and once we where all finished each brand owner (or representative) Would print some copies, assemble them, and drop them off in their own local streetwear shops (or coffee shops, record store, hip places) Giving a unique showcase for all of us, and a chance to get some exposure in different places. Feel free to message me or keep this idea flowing on the thread.

www.knownothing.us

Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:06
Let me see...

Well i appreciate your feed back and i don't know what you mean by baroque theme.that font is called Alégre Sans NC  which looks like clean font to me and i guess i could adjust the all things but it's suppose to represent killing whatever you conquer'd. 

With regards to the picture I was told I couldn't be sued for using it because it's been duplicated and used several times already so it's a very slim  to NONE chance that i'm using the original picture that was panted. and the people who painted it are DEAD.  

& If you notice and look on karmloop  and even big HIGH END colthing lines like givenchy there taking vintage painting and throwing them on a shirt like virgin mary, last supper pictures, hell jay z was just rocking picture of picture of jesus   dying.

& my ending point with that is they have zero concept and threw these image on a shirt and charge people an arm and a leg for them vs me i have a concept and meaning if you look at the bottom of it it says "Todays Yesterday Victory Tomorrow Yesterday Tomorrow's Conquest, and Tomorrow is Today's War.Baroque is theme/style in art, as well as architecture. Although the painting you chose for your shirt would be classified under the Romanticism genre

LOL @ the guy who told you this was Baroque

But still.... step yo art history game up if you gonna use pictures like those.

twitter: @jasonxmartinez

Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:30

Well i appreciate your feed back and i don't know what you mean by baroque theme.that font is called Alégre Sans NC  which looks like clean font to me and i guess i could adjust the all things but it's suppose to represent killing whatever you conquer'd. 

& If you notice and look on karmloop  and even big HIGH END colthing lines like givenchy there taking vintage painting and throwing them on a shirt like virgin mary, last supper pictures, hell jay z was just rocking picture of picture of jesus   dying.

& my ending point with that is they have zero concept and threw these image on a shirt and charge people an arm and a leg for them vs me i have a concept and meaning if you look at the bottom of it it says "Todays Yesterday Victory Tomorrow Yesterday Tomorrow's Conquest, and Tomorrow is Today's War.Baroque is theme/style in art, as well as architecture. Although the painting you chose for your shirt would be classified under the Romanticism genre

Yes, thank you for focusing on how I was wrong with the art's genre and taking focus off of the real issue here. 

BUT anyways,

If black scale puts out a shirt with a painting on it, you're gonna go and put a painting on a shirt as well, correct? If this is your thought process on what you figure branding to be, then you might as well be printing shirts that say diamond on them & have Versace's medusa-head logo. 

Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:43

Well I read and done research already and from what I've read it's called Renaissance.
 But overall i'm just trying to bring you all to the light that these type of shirts do sell. and how my mine stands out different.

This guy line called Apparel Reserve which he did mona lisa http://www.apparelreserves.com/product/unconscious-crewneck  is making so much money to the point that he raised the price to $200 
Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:43
Hey Everyone, 
I know i haven't posted in a while but I wanted to share a new project me and a friend have started called the F.A.R. Collective. The site is a online magazine dedicated to Fashion Art, and providing tips to those entrepreneurs who are interested in starting their own clothing brand. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. 
 http://thefarcollective.com/ 

We're hoping to feature some of the new brands in the forum and even review the products that you may have. 
Seems dope, definitely about to check it out. 
Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:44
Originally posted by Inactive User
Playing off @HWYS Zine idea, what if some of the brands on the forum threw in on a zine. We could showcase some of our Art/Clothing through a couple pages, and have our site or contact information so that people could find out more. We would have an open document (Google doc file or something of that nature) that we would all have access to editing, and once we where all finished each brand owner (or representative) Would print some copies, assemble them, and drop them off in their own local streetwear shops (or coffee shops, record store, hip places) Giving a unique showcase for all of us, and a chance to get some exposure in different places. Feel free to message me or keep this idea flowing on the thread.
second this idea, easy collab for everyone

like the page https://www.facebook.com/stayinqueue and follow on instagram @stayinqueue

Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:49
in

- System

Feb 12, 2014 @ 02:52
Baroque is theme/style in art, as well as architecture. Although the painting you chose for your shirt would be classified under the Romanticism genre

Well I read and done research already and from what I've read it's called Renaissance.
 But overall i'm just trying to bring you all to the light that these type of shirts do sell. and how my mine stands out different.

This guy line called Apparel Reserve which he did mona lisa http://www.apparelreserves.com/product/unconscious-crewneck  is making so much money to the point that he raised the price to $200 Let me take some time to note that you came here for Advice, or opinions and you got just that whether you like it or not. Stop arguing over this because you will not get anywhere. The people in this forum are not going to support this design, that is apparent, you can hit the drawing board or you can make it because you seem dead set on doing so. Do what you want, you do not need our support to make something. Maybe you can prove to us that this design is the best and will sell out and go for an insane price range, but it seems unlikely, very unlikely. 

www.knownothing.us

Feb 12, 2014 @ 03:22
Baroque is theme/style in art, as well as architecture. Although the painting you chose for your shirt would be classified under the Romanticism genre

Yes, thank you for focusing on how I was wrong with the art's genre and taking focus off of the real issue here. 

BUT anyways,

If black scale puts out a shirt with a painting on it, you're gonna go and put a painting on a shirt as well, correct? If this is your thought process on what you figure branding to be, then you might as well be printing shirts that say diamond on them & have Versace's medusa-head logo. 

thats exactly what im gonna do and your ass is gonna buy it 

Feb 12, 2014 @ 05:20
Goddamn there is so much trash on this forum now.
Feb 12, 2014 @ 05:22
@legacy

chill bru, in the future compact all your feedback to one post and just @ the people you are talking about 
Haha yeah, I feel ya. I did feel pretty obnoxious after that last post. 
Feb 12, 2014 @ 05:27
@jasonxmartinez

Just curious, how old are you? 
Feb 12, 2014 @ 05:32
in
I would be so down + im sure alive and well would gladly stock the zine

#Freethad

Feb 12, 2014 @ 05:51
Hey Everyone, 
I know i haven't posted in a while but I wanted to share a new project me and a friend have started called the F.A.R. Collective. The site is a online magazine dedicated to Fashion Art, and providing tips to those entrepreneurs who are interested in starting their own clothing brand. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. 
 http://thefarcollective.com/ 

We're hoping to feature some of the new brands in the forum and even review the products that you may have. 
Seems dope, definitely about to check it out. 
Dope site breh!!!
Feb 12, 2014 @ 06:17
i'd be down. some people in the arts section were trying to do this a while back but it never went through maybe we should make an official thread for this im sure a lot of people would like it

www.headhunterla.com

Feb 12, 2014 @ 06:43
Goodkill Capsule Collection Now Available | KCUFTHEPOPULATION.COM

im pretty sure he was going for this vintage and dirty effect for this look book.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimeForPlanG

Feb 12, 2014 @ 06:44

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimeForPlanG

Feb 12, 2014 @ 07:13
Wait wtf i never said that ^^^^^ haha wtf dude
Feb 12, 2014 @ 12:05
Man tired of seeing all this illuminati stuff... Want to see something new for my inspiration...
Feb 12, 2014 @ 12:31
***So whoever is about this zine send me or Malachi Shockley a message so we can organize it.

like the page https://www.facebook.com/stayinqueue and follow on instagram @stayinqueue

Feb 12, 2014 @ 15:06
http://thefarcollective.com/Seems dope, definitely about to check it out. 
Dope site breh!!!
Thanks for the love. Our game plan is to make nothing but quality articles on art, fashion and really educate people on how to start a brand from the ground up.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

Feb 12, 2014 @ 17:42
@jasonxmartinez

Just curious, how old are you? 
wtf 18

Feb 12, 2014 @ 17:47
***So whoever is about this zine send me or Malachi Shockley a message so we can organize it.

message sent

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

Feb 12, 2014 @ 18:38
@jasonxmartinez

Oh shit, my bad! Hahaha I thought you were the dude who was posting under @Conquerallthings. 
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.