Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 4, 2014 @ 03:14 AM
HWYS - Joey

I'm working on the font for one of my designs on adobe illustrator. How can I extend the horizontal length of a piece of text without increasing font size which also increases the height of the font?

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 4, 2014 @ 03:19 AM
Akiro Style

I'm working on the font for one of my designs on adobe illustrator. How can I extend the horizontal length of a piece of text without increasing font size which also increases the height of the font?
sorry man, I realize I sound like a total noob but I can't really think of a solid phrase to google search and find the answers on my own. I just thought someone here could quickly help me if it's no big deal.
February 4, 2014 @ 03:20 AM
brodylikestochill

You can't honestly expect people to take your brand seriously when you don't even know how to use illustrator

Seto Kaiba // UsurpInternational.com // #Freethad

February 4, 2014 @ 03:21 AM
Akiro Style

You can't honestly expect people to take your brand seriously when you don't even know how to use illustrator
You've gotta start somewhere
February 4, 2014 @ 03:26 AM
brodylikestochill

its called google

February 4, 2014 @ 03:27 AM
Akiro Style

its called google
refer to my previous quote at HWYS - Joey
February 4, 2014 @ 03:32 AM
brodylikestochill

its called google
I saw that, and continued to go on google and find the information your looking for, I know this is harsher than I usually am but I really feel like if you can't put in the time to figure something out you don't deserve the answers, sorry but I really do believe that, especially in regards to this industry where 90% of the brands around are shit.

exerting yourself in order to surmount problems proves you have the dedication necessary to set yourself apart, even in something as trivial as this 

February 4, 2014 @ 03:39 AM
Akiro Style

its called google
I saw that, and continued to go on google and find the information your looking for, I know this is harsher than I usually am but I really feel like if you can't put in the time to figure something out you don't deserve the answers, sorry but I really do believe that, especially in regards to this industry where 90% of the brands around are shit.

exerting yourself in order to surmount problems proves you have the dedication necessary to set yourself apart, even in something as trivial as this 
Sorry
February 4, 2014 @ 04:11 AM
chads

@Galaxy Frame First you press on the box the text is in, don't double tap it so you get the vertical blinking line that allows you to type, just press on the box. Once you have done this, you see the very small white squares in the corners and centers of each line around the box. Press and hold either the left or right most small box and drag out, your text should elongate disproportionately.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 4, 2014 @ 04:43 AM
Malachi Shockley

Spring is on the way..
Until then all of our fall stuff is on sale!

www.knownothing.us

www.knownothing.us

February 4, 2014 @ 04:43 AM
Metsys

Official preview pics up tomorrow (like i promised), more details too this is just a sneak i wanted to share with you guys
Follow Instagram for updates on the Capsule

- System

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

February 4, 2014 @ 06:17 AM
WZA

^^^ I respect the hustle youngblood, you have my support. 
February 4, 2014 @ 06:19 AM
MrKimElzey

February 4, 2014 @ 06:21 AM
brodylikestochill

anything that reminds me of ed hardy is a no go

February 4, 2014 @ 06:35 AM
Jake Ocean

I think this thread needs to be recreated with a new set of rules. Otherwise, it's gonna be the same bullshit with new brands posting minute made mock-ups and constant spam from "Swag Apparel Clothing Co Made in 2014" brands.

http://www.distantlight.co

February 4, 2014 @ 07:11 AM
Jegz

I say leave it how it is. Its a constant reminder for me and for all of us what NOT to do in their clothing brand. Looking back months ago, if I released my shit it back then, it could have ended up like most of these brands. Seeing all these bland and unoriginal clothing companies makes me sad but at the same time leaves me confident that I can differentiate myself from these clowns.
February 4, 2014 @ 07:41 AM
zacarycaine

Okay so I put a cracked skull on the front of this meaning that you have to break down the walls of your mind in order to find yourself and all that good stuff.

I made two versions and would like some honest feedback.

Front 1

Front 2

Back

Would really appreciate any feedback!
February 4, 2014 @ 08:55 AM
ndrew

got bored so i made this
follow our Tumblr +

www.headhunterla.com

February 4, 2014 @ 12:12 PM
Akiro Style

@Galaxy Frame First you press on the box the text is in, don't double tap it so you get the vertical blinking line that allows you to type, just press on the box. Once you have done this, you see the very small white squares in the corners and centers of each line around the box. Press and hold either the left or right most small box and drag out, your text should elongate disproportionately.
Yeah I'm doing that! But for whatever reason it only slides my text left and right, doesn't change the size. Is there something in my settings making it do something different?
February 4, 2014 @ 12:38 PM
Queue

Yeah I'm doing that! But for whatever reason it only slides my text left and right, doesn't change the size. Is there something in my settings making it do something different?
click on the font dont have the blinking line...go to object in the top corner...click on expand...now you can warp/stretch the font however you want

like the page https://www.facebook.com/stayinqueue and follow on instagram @stayinqueue

February 4, 2014 @ 03:32 PM
son of autumn

Brand: Profound Aesthetic www.profoundco.com My IG: @nabilzaidi

February 4, 2014 @ 04:20 PM
HWYS - Joey

@ Zacharycaine -- is Placidity an actual word? I know placid means calm and shit but I havd never heard, seen or read Placidity before... Just throwing it out there bro. I consider myself to be an above average book reader and never have I seen that word.

Now onto your design, I like the skull over the left chest, but it needs something else around it. Right now it feels lost.

As for the "Find Me", it sounds kinda childish and feminine to me. I wouldn't correlate the skull with those words, it just doesn't vibe well.

Another thing, stop trying to put too much meaning into a design, I did that before and twas shit. Like I posted before, somebody walking by on the streets, has but a few seconds to see a design on a shirt and decide wether or not they like it, they are not gonna stand there and chitchat with the other person about the meaning of it. You have got to capture the person's interest in those precious seconds... Remember that.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 4, 2014 @ 04:59 PM
FiggRow

that things cool ndrew. but MrKim, thats not cool haha. To me it doesnt reall y look like traditional american tattooing, it reminds me of ed hardy

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/215397#4366225

February 4, 2014 @ 05:15 PM
G00GLE

What you think?
shluldnt just cover a shirt like that with a giant vector and call it a day. keep trying though man but make it look clean. and im sure this anchor is off google.

last in line for the gangbang.

February 4, 2014 @ 11:51 PM
Legacy Apparel

http://profoundco.com/

I'm a fan. I really like the presentation of your website, and your designs are on point. Props man!
February 4, 2014 @ 11:56 PM
Legacy Apparel

Okay so I put a cracked skull on the front of this meaning that you have to break down the walls of your mind in order to find yourself and all that good stuff.

I made two versions and would like some honest feedback.

Front 1

Front 2

Back

Would really appreciate any feedback!
The "meaning" behind this design makes no sense...what does placidity have to do with breaking down walls and stuff? I like the placidity aspect of the shirt, and I think if you run with that and find something to better represent that, then you'll have a pretty sweet design. But I'm not a fan of the cracked skull with that writing...it just doesn't make sense.
February 4, 2014 @ 11:58 PM
Legacy Apparel

What you think?

What are you trying to do with this? I'm just lost as to how someone could put this on a shirt and think it's actually a good idea...please, try harder.
February 5, 2014 @ 12:05 AM
Legacy Apparel

I think this thread needs to be recreated with a new set of rules. Otherwise, it's gonna be the same bullshit with new brands posting minute made mock-ups and constant spam from "Swag Apparel Clothing Co Made in 2014" brands.
I think I'd have to agree with you...I've been checking this thread out for over a year now, and I have to say that I get annoyed with a lot of the people/brands who post half-assed designs and mock ups. Why rush your stuff and put out crap? Just take your time, do some quality control, get opinions from people you know (not just friends and family), try to be original (almost impossible nowadays), and most importantly, TAKE CRITICISM because no matter how many people love your stuff, there are always going to be people who hate it. Just a little advice...smile
February 5, 2014 @ 01:16 AM
Broken Bank Clo

One of my Spring line designs.
Changing this up a little bit. Rather than having a full history of what the name stands for and logo, decided to shrink it down to the slogan "Go for Broke"
I think it sums it up better.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 5, 2014 @ 01:51 AM
zacarycaine

@ Zacharycaine -- is Placidity an actual word? I know placid means calm and shit but I havd never heard, seen or read Placidity before... Just throwing it out there bro. I consider myself to be an above average book reader and never have I seen that word.

Now onto your design, I like the skull over the left chest, but it needs something else around it. Right now it feels lost.

As for the "Find Me", it sounds kinda childish and feminine to me. I wouldn't correlate the skull with those words, it just doesn't vibe well.

Another thing, stop trying to put too much meaning into a design, I did that before and twas shit. Like I posted before, somebody walking by on the streets, has but a few seconds to see a design on a shirt and decide wether or not they like it, they are not gonna stand there and chitchat with the other person about the meaning of it. You have got to capture the person's interest in those precious seconds... Remember that.
I promise you placidity is a word haha.

So I'll try putting a little something with the left chest verison because it is looking a little empty but i just might scrap with whole design idk yet.

And could you explain how the 'find me' part sounds childish or feminine? Because personally I'm not getting that vibe so if you could just explain a little more that would be cool. BUT i kinda agree that the skull doesn't really correlate with the saying.

And as for putting in so much meaning, i'll agree because i was one who said mission statements are kinda pointless because you don't have time to tell anyone your mission statement they have to see it in the design. SO MY GOAL is to make a design that draws people in and with a meaning that is kinda obvious so it won't need an explanation get me? But you're right maybe i should tone that down a little.

Please login first to reply.