Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

Feb 07, 2014 @ 02:23
I'm starting a new line called Identity and would love to drop a few shirts this spring/summer and then an entire fw collection. This is what I have so far.  http://imgur.com/Jfx5xOr Honest feedback is appreciated. 
I feel like you were doing homework and got really pissed then found this as a way to rebel. Put more thought into designs. No one wants walk around with "Fuck this shit" covering high school math homework on a shirt anyway. 
thanks
Feb 07, 2014 @ 03:05
Id like to do a cut and sew brand that's very limited, does custom orders and does everything by hand including (hand sulfur dying, sewing, cutting and everything). custom packaging and all. Prices would be high but not too high. maybe 250$ for a jacket 120$ for a button down. Anyone have tips on learning techniques needed to accomplish this? and i know it takes an extreme amount of skill and time
Go to college for fashion design, no youtube video is gonna teach you that

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Feb 07, 2014 @ 03:25
I'm starting a new line called Identity and would love to drop a few shirts this spring/summer and then an entire fw collection. This is what I have so far.  http://imgur.com/Jfx5xOr Honest feedback is appreciated. 
Not even going to click on that link you lazy shit.

www.fadebygrey.com

Feb 07, 2014 @ 04:23

not sure yet if im putting these on the sleeve of a hoodie or a toque or both! but really happy with how they turned out

like the page https://www.facebook.com/stayinqueue and follow on instagram @stayinqueue

Feb 07, 2014 @ 05:43
Hi Guys,

I'm starting a new clothing label called Moncton. I'm having these designs made. Would you be able to tell me which you think are good, or not. And if not, why? So i can take the advice on board and improve. Thank you in advance.

Thanks again guys.

Meridion
Well I could be mean….but I think you're being way too influenced by the mainstream. Every single one of these designs are rip offs. I understand being inspired and moved by others before you but try to harness that passion and do different variations of what you like. Like the mozart looking statue heads… done…numbers on the back…done…reptile print…done...more statues…done. Simple serif font logo shirts, passable but done. What makes you different?
The first shirt on the top left is the best imo. Maybe if you have some super awesome marketing ideas behind all this I see it being hard to sell, but hey who knows. 
definitely agree with this. it isn't a terrible thing because you're just starting out so you're still trying to figure out what you want your brand to represent but all of these shirts feature regurgitated mainstream concepts. Try to find inspiration somewhere else other than the blogs, music videos etc. Best of luck to you.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

Feb 07, 2014 @ 05:48

Feb 07, 2014 @ 06:10
What you guys think? Email: elitekaoswa@gmail.com

Adapt & Rise Above

Feb 07, 2014 @ 06:16
The rapid pace of this thread is steadily becoming a motivational factor to once again try my hand at designing apparel.  As a graphic designer and illustrator, dabbling in apparel has long been an interesting creative outlet and side project. Though the foundation was set for Crimebrand at the end of 2012, issues with family and relocation forced me to close up shop shortly after opening the webstore.  However, thanks to folks like Jarvis from Ronin and others who were in the know, a solid half of my 12-shirt run of 'One Piece'-inspired Poison tees found good homes.   The last few remain neatly folded, zip-sealed in mint condition.

I suppose that's the drawback of staying as low-key as possible.  But fuck it, those who have an interest in either similar subjects or the work I put out will have their eyes peeled.  Not for profit, just funding to make more.  No talk, no hype, just the aesthetic speaking for itself.  Satisfying as a designer to think that any interest in the label is all genuine.

www.justinungar.com

Feb 07, 2014 @ 06:23
::FREE GIVEAWAY::
Raffle ends next Thursday at 6PM.
Winner will be announced at 9PM PST on FB. 
1) Like us on FB
2) Like & Share our campaign post
www.facebook.com/foregroundofficial
www.foregroundofficial.com

Foreground® - Rise Independently. www.foregroundofficial.com

Feb 07, 2014 @ 07:28
Does anyone have any suggestions on a program to use for producing logo designs? I'm just starting to get into street wear and wanna fool around with something but I don't wanna pay for photoshop or anything expensive yet. Thanks in advance.
Feb 07, 2014 @ 08:15
Well I could be mean….but I think you're being way too influenced by the mainstream. Every single one of these designs are rip offs. I understand being inspired and moved by others before you but try to harness that passion and do different variations of what you like. Like the mozart looking statue heads… done…numbers on the back…done…reptile print…done...more statues…done. Simple serif font logo shirts, passable but done. What makes you different?
The first shirt on the top left is the best imo. Maybe if you have some super awesome marketing ideas behind all this I see it being hard to sell, but hey who knows. 
definitely agree with this. it isn't a terrible thing because you're just starting out so you're still trying to figure out what you want your brand to represent but all of these shirts feature regurgitated mainstream concepts. Try to find inspiration somewhere else other than the blogs, music videos etc. Best of luck to you.
Thank you for the feedback guys! i appreciate it!

the statue head though (maybe hard to see) I have given it neck tattoos, nose piercing and tear drop tattoos. Do you think that's pretty different? I haven't seen anything like that done? (maybe there is haha).

My difficulty is that i want to start off with a casual clothing brand, thats subtly aggressive/strong.

If you had to chose any from the collection, which would they be?

I have received good feedback on a few of them, but i know you guys will tell me it straight!

Thanks

Meridion

www.moncton.co.uk

Feb 07, 2014 @ 08:20
Does anyone have any suggestions on a program to use for producing logo designs? I'm just starting to get into street wear and wanna fool around with something but I don't wanna pay for photoshop or anything expensive yet. Thanks in advance.
Gimp (free photoshop) 
sooner or later when you get the hang of it you should invest in some programs or bootleg them if thats you.

you'll need to put your designs into vector format to print on shirts so you will need illustrator but for now just fuck with gimp.

www.theheatedenvironment.com

Feb 07, 2014 @ 08:30

the statue head though (maybe hard to see) I have given it neck tattoos, nose piercing and tear drop tattoos. Do you think that's pretty different? I haven't seen anything like that done? (maybe there is haha).

My difficulty is that i want to start off with a casual clothing brand, thats subtly aggressive/strong.

A1 and A4

Feb 07, 2014 @ 08:49
Hi guys,

I have a new brand called Applecoast. I am specialized in streetwear like below:

And here is my ace card, Navajo shirt:

What you guys think of this design?
And there is one more new design, Navy Camo Woman Shirt:

Please let me know if you think about this also.
More at: http://applecoastindonesia.com/
Thanks
Feb 07, 2014 @ 08:56
Looks like a solid design.

Feb 07, 2014 @ 11:22
just find a free download for photoshop or illustrator...search on google

like the page https://www.facebook.com/stayinqueue and follow on instagram @stayinqueue

Feb 07, 2014 @ 11:33
Sophisticated software is no free. It's worth some money. Adobe Illustrator is great yet expensive. You may also try Corel Draw. You might use the trial versions of those software if you don't want to pay anything.

Another way, which is cheaper, is: Hand draw it, then scan it with high quality scanner blushing
Feb 07, 2014 @ 11:48

A1 and A4
Thanks again man! What about this?

www.moncton.co.uk

Feb 07, 2014 @ 13:27
Yo HB!

FREE GIVEAWAY! We are celebrating our OFFICIAL 1 year anniversary this week and we would like to thank everyone that has supported us! We will be doing a FREE giveaway where 1 lucky supporter will receive: 1 Buffalo Weekender, 1 Buffalo Leather Card Holder, and 1 Buffalo Leather Lighter Case! Giveaway will end on 2/12/14! Here's how to enter:

1.) "Like" our http://
2.) "Share" this giveaway post
3.) "Tag" one friend in the comments section

http://ii-se.co/

You can also increase your chances by following us on Instagram and entering through there: @iiseSEOUL
Done. Glad to see you guys consistently pushing forward. Hopefully I win this and will be the only one in Maine with your stuff haha
Feb 07, 2014 @ 13:58
Sophisticated software is no free. It's worth some money. Adobe Illustrator is great yet expensive. You may also try Corel Draw. You might use the trial versions of those software if you don't want to pay anything.

Another way, which is cheaper, is: Hand draw it, then scan it with high quality scanner
Lol you can find free downloads for almost anything if you search properly 

Feb 07, 2014 @ 14:18
Wondering if you guys could help me out with pricing, over here in the UK a tee costs around 12 pound to make which is like 20 dollars, so in order to actually make it worthwhile I'd have to sell tees at around 16 pound which is about 23/24 dollars maybe question is is this too expensive fir a startup brand?
Feb 07, 2014 @ 15:03
lmao you must be new to the internet b

#Freethad

Feb 07, 2014 @ 15:19
lmao you must be new to the internet b
Apparantly I dont want to direct someone to something related to piracy blushing
Feb 07, 2014 @ 17:23
Feb 07, 2014 @ 18:03

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

Feb 07, 2014 @ 18:10
Originally posted by Inactive User
What you guys think? Email: elitekaoswa@gmail.com

Honestly,
I think you should stop taking stock images and vectors and making shirts "designs" with them.
That's what 85% of new brands are already doing. And I'm probably being generious when I say 85% too

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

Feb 07, 2014 @ 18:54
Originally posted by Inactive User
Looks a ton better, I think the "tail" on the B and the wrinkles on the eye still looks strange though. A huge step up from last time though

#Freethad

Feb 08, 2014 @ 00:57

Feb 08, 2014 @ 01:01

Cerberus Tee. 
Thoughts?
Feb 08, 2014 @ 02:05
That Cerberus tee is dope bro, def cop. I would maybe make the font a bit smaller or a different type. It just looks too "square' for the design.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.