Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
January 30, 2014 @ 02:51 PM
killdit.com

Understandable - after looking at their logo. We've created our logo from scratch and designed with illustrator (co-owner is an art director in NYC). We did not copy any fonts, etc. and we've had everything trademarked. The period at the end of killdit emphasizes the fact that it is both a sentence AND statement. Our brand is all about the message and look to motivate people to "kill" whatever it is that you're doing. Sports, music, life. Don't just do it, kill it.

We're not trying to be another streetwear brand with no message. We're mainly focused on activewear/dri-fit (that can be worn both inside the gym/court/working out out AND outside). We've had a big response and over 5k in sales in a few months. Again, streetwear is one of those things where patterns/designs get a bit generic. I really appreciate the feedback, both good and bad. Thanks!
You invested thousands of dollars without doing any market research whatsoever?  And you partnered with a designer who didn't familiarize themselves with the streetwear industry and your potential competitors' visual identities before working?  Sounds iffy.
Haven't invested thousands... we've had sales of over 5k in 2-3 months with limited product (if you read my post). Also, I've been into fashion/streetwear long enough (I've been on ISS since 2005: retro_source). Our target isn't the "streetwear" crowd at all, but decided to get some feedback here in terms of design. Brands on karmaloop, jackthreads, etc. are a dime a dozen. Instead, our focus is our message + culture that we are slowly cultivating. Anybody can create a nice design and screen print a shirt... but what does that even mean?

We've already been involved in events, sponsored small shows, etc (the idea of killdit. sprung up only 7 months ago). We've had user submitted photos and turned them into media that can inspire others. We have a Billabong sponsored snowboarder who is wearing our gear + letting us use her video/footage to promote our brand. I appreciate your opinion and no offense has been taken - just beg to differ on the "iffy" comment. Thanks for your feedback though.
I didn't see any mention of the amount of product purchased in the post I quoted, though rest assured, I did read it.  If you've been familiar with the streetwear crowd via the Internet since 2005, I'm quite surprised that you haven't heard of one of the most overhyped brands on the web.  Yet what I fail to understand is why you expect worthwhile feedback from a community that is blatantly not your intended audience.  You've also entered this thread with a passive slap in the face to those who seek input on their own streetwear ideas, labeling them "a dime a dozen."  Though their ideas may not be revolutionary by any means, the sole product design on your site is simply your initial logo, slapped on four different products.  Therein lies a good deal of hypocrisy; as such, you can only expect a reasonable amount of distaste in response. 

While any measure of success in a corporate world is to be commended, you've entered a forum strictly built around streetwear in search of response to your brand on everything but your clothing.  There's much talk about the culture and feel-good movement you're attempting to inspire, but at the end of the day, anyone making a legitimate purchase is going to require some sort of tangible verification that what they've spent their wages on is worth it.  Flashy language aside, you've produced product that can be easily misinterpreted as a rip of the Illest logo (as evidenced by the near-instant viewer recognition earlier).  You print on American Apparel, and sell snapbacks and beanies?  Alright, so do a large number of the "dime a dozen" Karmaloop brands you're putting your product above.  On a quasi-related note, none of the products which you mention on any of your social media or web outlets fall into your self-described category of activewear/dri-fit. 
I actually like your feedback. Thanks, especially that we don't have our activewear/dri-fit product up yet. We began producing simple/everyday product a few months ago in order to generate revenue to fund our full product line. In regards to the logo illest and killdit both have letters "I-L-L" in the word, which obviously makes the script look similar. Try writing the word "killdit" in script by hand... then write "illest"... they both look similar. My biggest issue here is everybody thinking the "illest" brand is commonplace everywhere. Yes, in the streetwear culture, but outside of that? Our logo is actually closer to the Cadillac logo. It's called cursive writing, i.e:

As mentioned above, I appreciate all the feedback and took the time to RESPOND (not defend, nor try and win you over to purchase anything). Why I posted in HYPEBEAST? Market research. Good and bad, it will help me gain insight. Everyone gets so uptight and pissed off, but hey... we're on an internet forum. Thank you for writing up a response that actually had valid points, rather than replying "bull$hit, your brand sucks".

"Seize every opportunity. Own every situation." killdit.™ killdit.com instagram.com/killdit twitter.com/killdit facebook.com/killdit

January 30, 2014 @ 04:17 PM
Hellah Fresh

Quick question to everyone... So saying you have designs stacked up over periods of time that you never releases out on the internet. You all the sudden see a brand with a very similar design that you made a year ago... would you go ahead and drop your version even tho another brand came out with it technically first?

I know its crazy that sometimes other minds think alike but its just who came out first..?
January 30, 2014 @ 04:38 PM
brodylikestochill

Quick question to everyone... So saying you have designs stacked up over periods of time that you never releases out on the internet. You all the sudden see a brand with a very similar design that you made a year ago... would you go ahead and drop your version even tho another brand came out with it technically first?

I know its crazy that sometimes other minds think alike but its just who came out first..?
I've had the same problem before but then I realized if I trashed a design every time something similar comes out I would never release anything. 

Just make yours better lol

Seto Kaiba // UsurpInternational.com // #Freethad

January 30, 2014 @ 05:21 PM
KENNY_POWERS

Can I get feedback on this little bomber logo/graphic? actual thoughts and not just thumbs down helps too.  thanks
I like the idea but not so much the execution. Your white strokes are way too heavy. Try actually making the shapes and not relying on a white stroke to make them. Mess with the pathfinder tool in AI. The mouth and eyes seem to be outlined way to heavily, seems like you traced it and selected the whole thing and outlined it with a white stroke. 
January 30, 2014 @ 05:35 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Can I get feedback on this little bomber logo/graphic? actual thoughts and not just thumbs down helps too.  thanks

I shall fix this for you when I get home

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

January 30, 2014 @ 07:20 PM
Street Kitten

I've had the same problem before but then I realized if I trashed a design every time something similar comes out I would never release anything. 

Yup!! I'm having the same issue with a Winter collection. I've scraped 4 ideas in the last 2 month and I am changing it again for something that;s a bit more me. That's also why there's trends. Every bodies doing the same thing but you choose one over the other b/c it's designed better or cheaper price. Try and make yours unique. Use different colors, add a print, maybe don't put it on a tshirt or hoody. Find other clothes that could work with the design

http://www.streetkitten.tumblr.com/ & http://www.threadstreet.tumblr.com/

January 30, 2014 @ 07:38 PM
kiran h

I don't understand why brands need to portray some kind of message or why the name of the brand has to mean something, I only buy shit if there's a cool design and I like it, no other reason. Brands don't need a meaning, they just need to make cool clothes

http://www.soundcloud.com/whoiskiran | twitter: @_notkiran | ig: kiranxharrison

January 30, 2014 @ 07:45 PM
TRWKSCLUB

I like the idea but not so much the execution. Your white strokes are way too heavy. Try actually making the shapes and not relying on a white stroke to make them. Mess with the pathfinder tool in AI. The mouth and eyes seem to be outlined way to heavily, seems like you traced it and selected the whole thing and outlined it with a white stroke. 
I agree I did get carried away with the stroke and was too heavy but I actually did create the shape itself. Here is an edited version where i reduced the weight of the stroke. Let me know how this looks. Thanks for the feedback.
January 30, 2014 @ 07:50 PM
killdit.com

I don't understand why brands need to portray some kind of message or why the name of the brand has to mean something, I only buy shit if there's a cool design and I like it, no other reason. Brands don't need a meaning, they just need to make cool clothes
Why consumers purchase will always be subjective. At the end of the day? Sustainability. Certain brands = timeless... while others disappear with trends. http://www.ask.com/question/why-is-brand-image-important

"Seize every opportunity. Own every situation." killdit.™ killdit.com instagram.com/killdit twitter.com/killdit facebook.com/killdit

January 30, 2014 @ 08:19 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I agree I did get carried away with the stroke and was too heavy but I actually did create the shape itself. Here is an edited version where i reduced the weight of the stroke. Let me know how this looks. Thanks for the feedback.

reverse the teeth.
Black outline, white inner
And the lines you just added to the bottom, take them back off.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

January 30, 2014 @ 08:39 PM
TRWKSCLUB

Here is the graphic in reversed as well. Thanks for the critique guys.
January 30, 2014 @ 08:44 PM
Hellah Fresh

Yup!! I'm having the same issue with a Winter collection. I've scraped 4 ideas in the last 2 month and I am changing it again for something that;s a bit more me. That's also why there's trends. Every bodies doing the same thing but you choose one over the other b/c it's designed better or cheaper price. Try and make yours unique. Use different colors, add a print, maybe don't put it on a tshirt or hoody. Find other clothes that could work with the design
I feel that. As for me i have designs that i have made since 2008 and sometimes its hard to get these designs out due to fundings and things. Its kinda hard if your starting on a small budget. I do see allot of brands out there doing the same thing as other brands or biting off this brand... i mean that is cool but for me i always like to create something new and different. I find it sad to see some of these up and coming brands be looking too much like other brands. But to each and their own i guess.
January 30, 2014 @ 08:54 PM
jordanpowell19

I like this design
January 30, 2014 @ 10:25 PM
FreeWizardry

I was scrolling the page and when i saw the first version (with the oversized strokes) i thought about leaving a message to save this kick-ass design! But Kenny Powers said exactly what i was thinking and this new version is one of the coolest graphics i've seen here.

If you are taking suggestions, i believe it has potential to belong in your brand identity. Other than using it as a tee graphic, somehow i can see it working (maybe because of the missile shape) as a gift tag, or a side detail for hats and many other different options you might think of. Great work!
January 30, 2014 @ 10:46 PM
TRWKSCLUB

I was scrolling the page and when i saw the first version (with the oversized strokes) i thought about leaving a message to save this kick-ass design! But Kenny Powers said exactly what i was thinking and this new version is one of the coolest graphics i've seen here.

If you are taking suggestions, i believe it has potential to belong in your brand identity. Other than using it as a tee graphic, somehow i can see it working (maybe because of the missile shape) as a gift tag, or a side detail for hats and many other different options you might think of. Great work!
Hey thanks a lot! Yea what Kenny Powers said really helped the graphic stand out more and made the design really clean. I was actually thinking about this being a part of my branding identity that's why I said "Bombers logo/ graphic" earlier but wasn't sure yet. But from what you said I am considering it being something that I might use as a 'mascot' or something. Thanks for the great feedback from all you guys. 
January 31, 2014 @ 02:31 AM
FiggRow

you guyss fuck with that hood pro club pro 5? lol. that stuff looks cool tho

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/215397#4366225

January 31, 2014 @ 03:32 AM
Artifact

Wtf is this. U want me to judge ur font?
All you do is put people down.
Just critique and move on, quit bashing people.
January 31, 2014 @ 03:43 AM
brodylikestochill

If you don't want people "bashing" your shitty clothes don't put them in a feedback thread

if you can't take the heat, stay out the kitchen

January 31, 2014 @ 04:07 AM
FiggRow

then quit putting shitty things up and wasting everyones time. Im not gonna tell you your shits good so you can go and make 100 tees of them, ima help you tell you there shit so you dont even make one. If i actually saw something good i wouldnt have to put people down. And You would quote something i said 6 pages ago haha

January 31, 2014 @ 04:14 AM
FiggRow

You guys remember when a guy on here put a design up and then a couple days or weeks later some big brand announced on facebook (ithink) there new shit and it looked exactly the same as the one the guy made? it was a while back. maybe a year

January 31, 2014 @ 04:24 AM
brodylikestochill

^^^ 10 deep and the dude who made that seppuku shit and never released anything 

Artifact

then quit putting shitty things up and wasting everyones time. Im not gonna tell you your shits good so you can go and make 100 tees of them, ima help you tell you there shit so you dont even make one. If i actually saw something good i wouldnt have to put people down. And You would quote something i said 6 pages ago haha
Quit being such asshole.

Exactly the type of person who down votes for no reason.

What's the name of your brand ?!

WE DON'T KNOW !
Project Nibiru

You guys remember when a guy on here put a design up and then a couple days or weeks later some big brand announced on facebook (ithink) there new shit and it looked exactly the same as the one the guy made? it was a while back. maybe a year
Yeah corny ass brands steal shit on this thread, so be caution my fellow designers cool

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com Also Follow us on Instragram & Twitter @ projectnibiru

January 31, 2014 @ 04:26 AM
Artifact

KTT >>> Hypebeast
January 31, 2014 @ 04:26 AM
brodylikestochill

would never buy from a guy who takes criticism so irrationally

January 31, 2014 @ 04:28 AM
Artifact

would never buy from a guy who takes criticism so irrationally
I welcome crticism,its what helps you.

Name calling and just flat out insults doesn't help.

Not the best way to prove a point.
January 31, 2014 @ 04:35 AM
Project Nibiru

KTT >>> Hypebeast
Damn nigga, you lighting up a war here

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com Also Follow us on Instragram & Twitter @ projectnibiru

January 31, 2014 @ 04:39 AM
Artifact

KTT >>> Hypebeast
Damn nigga, you lighting up a war here
lol
January 31, 2014 @ 04:41 AM
brodylikestochill

can you please just return to ktt, your indignance is boundless, there is no resolution to this

January 31, 2014 @ 04:43 AM
Metsys

Imma just leave this here yo 

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

Please login first to reply.