Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 5, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
stillwild

Got these buttons in as well.

Buttons are sick. I'll be lookin' out for DL in the future.

Did you design your logo / design in-house, or did you outsource?

Just wondering.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

April 5, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
karakter1

Un ordinary....i see potential for a cool hand drawn artsy graphics...keep going. would love to see more!

something similar to this...doesn't have to be crisp straight lines all the time.
April 5, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
Alert

Shop
Like Us On Facebook
Not getting the feedback that I'm looking for in the Brands section so I'm looking to all of you in here for some criticism. This is my Spring stuff and I'm pretty proud of it. Tell me what you like/dislike please
April 5, 2012 @ 03:02 AM
stillwild

"Treeman" Crewneck & "District" Hooded Sweatshirt.

From a scrapped project. Just looking for critiques, thoughts, think constructive.

April 5, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
Jake Ocean

Got these buttons in as well.

Buttons are sick. I'll be lookin' out for DL in the future.

Did you design your logo / design in-house, or did you outsource?

Just wondering.

Thanks! I hired a designer.

http://www.distantlight.co

April 5, 2012 @ 03:37 AM
big4slick20

Heres my logo for my line Bryan Lank its a urban preppy line.

[/img]
Heres a model in a cardigan sweater
[/img]

By the way where did you get the cardigans?
I have had the hardest time finding a good cardigan and I don't want to use Jerzees cardigans when I do my stitch stuff.

also interested in the cardigans...

anyhow, you may want to reconsider your font choice...better off getting/making a custom one since:
http://www.dafont.com/bomb-font.font
a) it's open to the public to use
b) it's only allowed for personal use only
April 5, 2012 @ 03:50 AM
DannyHH

We're coming out with beanies & crewnecks next
April 5, 2012 @ 05:34 AM
aldezpz

Just a initial design I drew. I need to change some things but I personally like the way it turned out. 1) Any thoughts appreciated. 2) Which color scheme is the best?

Thanks.

For a unordinary brand you wouldn't want a orginary font. Hand drawn is fine in my opinion

Unordinary is a cool brand name in my opinion, BUT if I were you, there's a million other ways to say unordinary, or you could simply create a brand name that is.... not ordinary.

I agree with Vega. Check out stussy's font, it's a good example of a REALLY unique font (I've never seen another like it used in the streetwear industry).

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've decided that I want to lean more on to the graphic hand-drawn non-uniform side of design. Also about the stussy font; I agree it is very unique and I love that brand but for some reason some aspects of the font are too "intense". I feel that for someone new to the brand, its hard to come to a realization that the logo stands for "Stussy" but I guess there's no need since there at the stage where people buy shirts to wear their logo haha!

Also; to add a note; the UN ordinary is going to be a design, not a logo, for my logo I definitely will incorporate a fully uniform distinct image. And of course, I still need to add a graphic design or something because having just unordinary won't sell especially when I'm an unknown brand.

About the sloppiness and non-uniformity of my design: I personally just like designs like this:

and this:

As opposed to this:

or

Also about the stussy weird unique font: I just did a trial

Thanks for your feedback everybody!! Really do appreciate it. If you wanna check out my latest designs you can head over to www.facebook.com/ezpz.co ||| It would mean a lot if you dropped a like and + im giving away free shit of designs that I make here and there. There's no downfall :p

www.facebook.com/ezpz.co Has my latest designs. Drop a "LIKE" for giveaways. http://ezpz.bigcartel.com Has my latest products

April 5, 2012 @ 05:37 AM
aldezpz

Shop
Like Us On Facebook
Not getting the feedback that I'm looking for in the Brands section so I'm looking to all of you in here for some criticism. This is my Spring stuff and I'm pretty proud of it. Tell me what you like/dislike please

I like the eye design, I think it would look sick if you embroidered that onto a shirt or something instead of screen print but it still looks unique! smile

www.facebook.com/ezpz.co Has my latest designs. Drop a "LIKE" for giveaways. http://ezpz.bigcartel.com Has my latest products

April 5, 2012 @ 05:54 AM
Jake Ocean

made this for my web design collective. just a temporary graphic.

April 5, 2012 @ 06:09 AM
aldezpz

Btw I like your D lightning button, very ingenius. Simple yet great for a logo.

April 5, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
Jake Ocean

Btw I like your D lightning button, very ingenius. Simple yet great for a logo.

thanks! I appreciate it.

April 5, 2012 @ 07:08 AM
stillwild

Do you have developers on board currently?

April 5, 2012 @ 02:28 PM
rickylgnds

jake, you're killing me bro. everything you post is usually very well designed but half of it is nothing more than completely unmodified fonts from http://www.losttype.com/ ...but then again i guess it's only people like me who will notice shit like that (professional web designer for several years now)

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

April 5, 2012 @ 03:01 PM
Jake Ocean

jake, you're killing me bro. everything you post is usually very well designed but half of it is nothing more than completely unmodified fonts from http://www.losttype.com/ ...but then again i guess it's only people like me who will notice shit like that (professional web designer for several years now)

haha, it's just a temporary graphic for the holding page. nothing more

Do you have developers on board currently?

yep, we're up for hire. we charge $200 - $500 depending on client. if you're interested pm me.

April 5, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
mbsmfgco

Shirt design in progress...

MBS MFG. CO. / Choice of Champs / Designed in Jersey City, Manufactured in Los Angeles / www.mbsmfg.co

April 5, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
mbsmfgco

Just a quick bit about me. I am a freelance graphic designer based out of Jersey City. I am a designer by trade but wanted to make items for sale in hope that others would appreciate the effort and attention to detail that went into creating them. Each and every t-shirt is designed/printed in my apartment with custom hang-tags, while the hats have been sourced and manufactured by companies that are proud to support products being made in the USA.

Keep you posted when the site launches!

MBS MFG. CO. / Choice of Champs / Designed in Jersey City, Manufactured in Los Angeles / www.mbsmfg.co

April 5, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Heres my logo for my line Bryan Lank its a urban preppy line.

[/img]
Heres a model in a cardigan sweater
[/img]

NICE LOGO. But the font itself doesn't say "preppy". I see you have a TM next to it. Did you really trademark it? If not I would probably use a less urban font since your logo alreayd ha a urban feel to it. You would want to create the prep side with the font IMO.

By the way where did you get the cardigans?
I have had the hardest time finding a good cardigan and I don't want to use Jerzees cardigans when I do my stitch stuff

If you didn't trademark, and you put TM on anything. That is illegal, just an FYI.

Some info on that, some people get confused with the difference.

When can I use the ®

Many people are confused on this subject and use "TM" or “®” incorrectly with their brand or logo.

When you use your trademark, logo or brand you can claim rights to it and you may use the “TM” (trademark) or “SM” (service mark) designation to alert the world to your claim of ownership of the brand. You may do so whether you have filed an application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).

However, you may only use the federal registration symbol “®” after the USPTO actually registers a mark, and not while an application is pending.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

April 5, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
big4slick20

When can I use the ®

Many people are confused on this subject and use "TM" or “®” incorrectly with their brand or logo.

When you use your trademark, logo or brand you can claim rights to it and you may use the “TM” (trademark) or “SM” (service mark) designation to alert the world to your claim of ownership of the brand. You may do so whether you have filed an application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).

However, you may only use the federal registration symbol “®” after the USPTO actually registers a mark, and not while an application is pending.

what about ©
April 5, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
Alert

Shop
Like Us On Facebook

I like the eye design, I think it would look sick if you embroidered that onto a shirt or something instead of screen print but it still looks unique! smile
I wanna do embroidery for hoodies and thicker things in the future but I'm not at that point yet homie haha
April 5, 2012 @ 07:45 PM
Broken Bank Clo

When can I use the ®

what about ©

Copyright © laws protect ownership of things like music, writing, artwork, photographs, and other "original works of authorship." Copyright protection is automatic and may last for over 100 years. However, not everything can be copyrighted, and some copyrights expired prior to 1976 laws. The "circle-c" mark has been "optional" since the 1970s, but is properly used with a date and identification of the author/owner. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, it is a federal crime to remove or alter a copyright notice when you're making copies, regardless of whether the copies are lawful or not.

Trademark laws protect "words, names, symbols, sounds, or colors that distinguish goods and services from those manufactured or sold by others and to indicate the source of the goods. Trademarks, unlike patents, can be renewed forever as long as they are being used in commerce." Unregistered trademarks are a bit harder to enforce than registered, but last as long as they are being used. Trademarks may be registered in states or countries or both.
The (TM) symbols for TM and SM are completely optional and require no registration. However, there are advantages to having a state or federal trademark registration, including the fact that it will tell others when you first used your brand, which can be important in priority disputes. Valuable marks justify getting professional advice.

So in short anything you create that is an original is already copyright. An Old fashion way of copyrighting your work is after you draw it, place it in a sealed envelope and mail it to yourself. Date and signature.
You apply for a trademark and pay to have it certified. What this does is register your work with the USPTO and if anyone uses the same thing or name they will send them a letter saying cease and desist or legal action can and will be taken.
Getting a Trademark cost about $150-250 I think. Can't remember how much i paid.
You can use Legalzoom they are very helpful in the process.
But if you are serious getting a TM is highly rec. in this business.

April 5, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
stillwild

From a scrapped project. Just looking for critiques, thoughts, think constructive.

April 5, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
karakter1

here are a few examples of hand drawn fonts...and how to make them work within you design.

by themselves...the fonts can look sloppy or unfinished, but when paired with an art style that font compliments, you can make some amazing original compositions!
April 5, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
Broken Bank Clo

@ Grams
Bigger is better. People feel like they are getting more shirt when the design is bigger. But that also depends on selling price as well.
Unlike the big names out there the name sells the shirt for them so they can put a tiny little "faced bomb" or red boxed letter and it will sell.
But for us we have to sell based on design.

April 5, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
UNscenefuture

From a start up stand point I would assume funds are limited; however your designs should be as strong as they can possibly be. The second pic which I will assume is your logo blends together and is difficult to read the typography. Also considering the size I would suggest you would have made the logo smaller and put it on the left or right side of the chest and did a enlarged print on the back of the shirt, which would have made more sense instead of so much wasted negative space on the sweat shirt. Wish you the best of luck, keep at it pimp.

Twitter: @UNSCNFUTR | Instagram: UNSCENEFUTURE | Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/unscenefuture

April 5, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Two shirts I'm doing right now.
Not totally related to my brand but if it helps bring in the funds to support to core of my business I don't mind doing it.

Both shirts were inspired buy two really big shoe releases coming out this month.

April 5, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
Jake Ocean

@ Grams
Bigger is better. People feel like they are getting more shirt when the design is bigger. But that also depends on selling price as well.
Unlike the big names out there the name sells the shirt for them so they can put a tiny little "faced bomb" or red boxed letter and it will sell.

Honestly, what are you saying. How is bigger better?
Bigger is definitely not better. Smaller isn't better either. What's best is how it looks on the shirt.
If it looks good smaller, make it smaller, and if it looks better larger, make it a larger print.
People don't "feel like there getting more out of the shirt", because of a bigger graphic. People like how a shirt is designed and executed. Making the graphic big doesn't make it "better".

It all depends on how you brand it. Fourstar for example, is famous for having their logo small in the middle of the shirt. People like it because of the minimalism and simplicity.

Some people like Tapout (don't know why) cause of the big, detailed graphic all over the place. Tapout isn't "better" for making the graphic better. It all depends on how it's branded, the style, execution, and design.

April 5, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
UNscenefuture

Not totally related to my brand but if it helps bring in the funds to support to core of my business I don't mind doing it.

Both shirts were inspired buy two really big shoe releases coming out this month.

Decent, but stand strong behind what your brand stands for. I did some shirts for the Yeezy 1 release, I made money and that was it. Brands like Bobby Fresh will always be "compliment" tee's to me.

Twitter: @UNSCNFUTR | Instagram: UNSCENEFUTURE | Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/unscenefuture

April 5, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
Broken Bank Clo

@ Grams

Honestly, what are you saying. How is bigger better?
Bigger is definitely not better. Smaller isn't better either. What's best is how it looks on the shirt.
If it looks good smaller, make it smaller, and if it looks better larger, make it a larger print.
People don't "feel like there getting more out of the shirt", because of a bigger graphic. People like how a shirt is designed and executed. Making the graphic big doesn't make it "better".

It all depends on how you brand it. Fourstar for example, is famous for having their logo small in the middle of the shirt. People like it because of the minimalism and simplicity.

Some people like Tapout (don't know why) cause of the big, detailed graphic all over the place. Tapout isn't "better" for making the graphic better. It all depends on how it's branded, the style, execution, and design.

I was just speaking in regards to those particular designs. I wouldn't buy them becausr the logo appears to small. In my eyes something like that is worth $15-$20 for me. Unless he is getting a deep discount he wouldn't be making any money on those @ a low output/print rate.
Just my opinion but for me it depends on what the design is and then how big it is. I don't like Tapout shirts or any of those shirts that have angel wings and tattoo fonts across the chest cause they look to busy to me.
I have shirts with small 10" long phrases across the chest portion but it had a nice design to it.

I'm not talking about all designs in general just those above.

From looking @ the design and if you had to buy it, would you seeing the size it is?

Decent, but stand strong behind what your brand stands for. I did some shirts for the Yeezy 1 release, I made money and that was it. Brands like Bobby Fresh will always be "compliment" tee's to me.

Bobby Fresh make some legit stuff. That market is huge though so there is always room for some fresh designs.
I saw it as a "Business Adventure".
Something to help get my brand name out there.

April 5, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
Jake Ocean

people actually like bobby fresh?

Please login first to reply.