Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
January 29, 2014 @ 05:32 PM
brodylikestochill

^^^ this plus the front graphic is big as fuck and the second tee is utterly pointless
How is the second tee pointless? Just wondering.
I'm guessing because it's just text not a real design?
ya pretty much, also I think the two fonts are way to different for the piece to be coherent and not different enough for it to be a juxtaposition know what I mean? 

Seto Kaiba // UsurpInternational.com // #Freethad

January 29, 2014 @ 05:59 PM
owngoodco

yo, can anyone tell me how to post an image lol, everytime i put a link in, a box with a question mark in it comes up
January 29, 2014 @ 06:23 PM
Metsys

yo, can anyone tell me how to post an image lol, everytime i put a link in, a box with a question mark in it comes up
upload the image to something like photobucket or imageshack then copy the url of the image and paste it in the image box

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

January 29, 2014 @ 06:26 PM
owngoodco

just messing around with some templates and designs i'm putting together. let me know what you guys think of em. Negative and positive opinions accepted, can only grow from these responses. preciate your time, thanks.

Meaning behind the Tee is death over dishonor, bones representing death but yall probably get that already. Just tryna figure out which one of these has the most potential. 

January 29, 2014 @ 07:02 PM
Metsys

just messing around with some templates and designs i'm putting together. let me know what you guys think of em. Negative and positive opinions accepted, can only grow from these responses. preciate your time, thanks.

Meaning behind the Tee is death over dishonor, bones representing death but yall probably get that already. Just tryna figure out which one of these has the most potential. 

Are these 3 seperate longsleeves? or are you giving us options of which one is the best? 

January 29, 2014 @ 07:23 PM
owngoodco

Are these 3 seperate longsleeves? or are you giving us options of which one is the best? 
Just options of which is the best.
January 29, 2014 @ 07:37 PM
Bulldog

What's illest? I know what OBEY is. Thanks for the feedback.
i think everyone is saying that the logo is inspired by the illest logo (old logo, which is inspired by the brand titleist).

http://static.tumblr.com/89mahwy/2ESm2ykeg/illest-logo-2.jpg

Understandable - after looking at their logo. We've created our logo from scratch and designed with illustrator (co-owner is an art director in NYC). We did not copy any fonts, etc. and we've had everything trademarked. The period at the end of killdit emphasizes the fact that it is both a sentence AND statement. Our brand is all about the message and look to motivate people to "kill" whatever it is that you're doing. Sports, music, life. Don't just do it, kill it.

We're not trying to be another streetwear brand with no message. We're mainly focused on activewear/dri-fit (that can be worn both inside the gym/court/working out out AND outside). We've had a big response and over 5k in sales in a few months. Again, streetwear is one of those things where patterns/designs get a bit generic. I really appreciate the feedback, both good and bad. Thanks!
You invested thousands of dollars without doing any market research whatsoever?  And you partnered with a designer who didn't familiarize themselves with the streetwear industry and your potential competitors' visual identities before working?  Sounds iffy.

www.justinungar.com

January 29, 2014 @ 07:53 PM
brodylikestochill

honestly, I don't really care about the purpose of a brand, I think its cool to have one but it should not be a supplement for good designs. 

Ill buy meaningless cool shit over purposeful lame stuff 10 times out of 10 

also saying how many sales you get won't make me like your shitty hats

January 29, 2014 @ 07:58 PM
killdit.com

What's illest? I know what OBEY is. Thanks for the feedback.
i think everyone is saying that the logo is inspired by the illest logo (old logo, which is inspired by the brand titleist).

Understandable - after looking at their logo. We've created our logo from scratch and designed with illustrator (co-owner is an art director in NYC). We did not copy any fonts, etc. and we've had everything trademarked. The period at the end of killdit emphasizes the fact that it is both a sentence AND statement. Our brand is all about the message and look to motivate people to "kill" whatever it is that you're doing. Sports, music, life. Don't just do it, kill it.

We're not trying to be another streetwear brand with no message. We're mainly focused on activewear/dri-fit (that can be worn both inside the gym/court/working out out AND outside). We've had a big response and over 5k in sales in a few months. Again, streetwear is one of those things where patterns/designs get a bit generic. I really appreciate the feedback, both good and bad. Thanks!
You invested thousands of dollars without doing any market research whatsoever?  And you partnered with a designer who didn't familiarize themselves with the streetwear industry and your potential competitors' visual identities before working?  Sounds iffy.
Haven't invested thousands... we've had sales of over 5k in 2-3 months with limited product (if you read my post). Also, I've been into fashion/streetwear long enough (I've been on ISS since 2005: retro_source). Our target isn't the "streetwear" crowd at all, but decided to get some feedback here in terms of design. Brands on karmaloop, jackthreads, etc. are a dime a dozen. Instead, our focus is our message + culture that we are slowly cultivating. Anybody can create a nice design and screen print a shirt... but what does that even mean?

We've already been involved in events, sponsored small shows, etc (the idea of killdit. sprung up only 7 months ago). We've had user submitted photos and turned them into media that can inspire others. We have a Billabong sponsored snowboarder who is wearing our gear + letting us use her video/footage to promote our brand. I appreciate your opinion and no offense has been taken - just beg to differ on the "iffy" comment. Thanks for your feedback though.

"Seize every opportunity. Own every situation." killdit.™ killdit.com instagram.com/killdit twitter.com/killdit facebook.com/killdit

January 29, 2014 @ 08:00 PM
highandbry

sounds like another brand trying to change the world. i think you're over-thinking it. keep it simple. your clothing line won't change the world. just my .02.

just wondering 5k of sales just on beanies and bracelets?
January 29, 2014 @ 08:02 PM
killdit.com

honestly, I don't really care about the purpose of a brand, I think its cool to have one but it should not be a supplement for good designs. 

Ill buy meaningless cool shit over purposeful lame stuff 10 times out of 10 

also saying how many sales you get won't make me like your shitty hats
I definitely respect your point of view. It's all subjective. Plenty of people think the opposite. Thanks for the feedback. This is why I posted.

"Seize every opportunity. Own every situation." killdit.™ killdit.com instagram.com/killdit twitter.com/killdit facebook.com/killdit

January 29, 2014 @ 08:09 PM
killdit.com

sounds like another brand trying to change the world. i think you're over-thinking it. keep it simple. your clothing line won't change the world. just my .02.

Our product line is only a piece of our brand and what we're doing. We did a run of tanks that isn't up in the SHOP section. I didn't go into detail previously, but we're also a media/content driven brand. We're sponsoring events, sponsoring people who can't afford marathon fees, actually at the gyms, actually at the music festivals. Obviously clothes won't change the world, but our message is applicable to each and every person. Our bands are free to everybody and stand as a reminder. Given out over 3,000 in the NJ/NYC and have a pretty decent network of supporters. I was honestly expecting this type of feedback from a forum like HYPEBEAST, which is cool. Any feedback is good feedback.

January 29, 2014 @ 08:30 PM
highandbry

Our product line is only a piece of our brand and what we're doing. We did a run of tanks that isn't up in the SHOP section. I didn't go into detail previously, but we're also a media/content driven brand. We're sponsoring events, sponsoring people who can't afford marathon fees, actually at the gyms, actually at the music festivals. Obviously clothes won't change the world, but our message is applicable to each and every person. Our bands are free to everybody and stand as a reminder. Given out over 3,000 in the NJ/NYC and have a pretty decent network of supporters. I was honestly expecting this type of feedback from a forum like HYPEBEAST, which is cool. Any feedback is good feedback.
what exactly is "this type of feedback"? not trying to be negative, just my honest opinion.

i would also suggest putting more products up. seems incomplete and rushed with just the bracelet and beanies. 

the site looks good though.

i also find it odd that you havent heard of illest, yet your logo and website looks a lot similar. just an observation.

http://illestbrand.com/
January 29, 2014 @ 09:00 PM
killdit.com

what exactly is "this type of feedback"? not trying to be negative, just my honest opinion.

i would also suggest putting more products up. seems incomplete and rushed with just the bracelet and beanies. 

i also find it odd that you havent heard of illest, yet your logo and website looks a lot similar. just an observation.

What I meant by this type of feedback is how most "streetwear" brands have no real purpose and how "streetwear" consumers don't really care. Also, our website was built from scratch using HTML5 (not some generic shopify webcart).

In regards to illest, never see it around here (NJ/NYC). Come to think of it, maybe a sticker on a car or something. I'm into menswear/activewear and never see illest around. Also, just took a look at their website and see no similarities? Our website's navigation "HOW - WE - YOU" as well as the scrolling (our website is technically one scrollable page). The YOU section will basically be our media content where we feature people who are living what our brand speaks.

Our intention isn't to just blast you with product. Our product-line is secondary. If you believe in what our brand represents... and see how we're motivating others to do the same, then purchase our product and make that statement. We've only introduced product slowly. The bands we literally gave out without any intention of creating apparel, etc. The tanks that we sold were American Apparel blanks (quality is a must). Beanies/snapbacks, also up-to-par in quality. 

Thanks for the feedback on the site. Appreciate it!

January 29, 2014 @ 10:06 PM
EnigmaApparel

What I meant by this type of feedback is how most "streetwear" brands have no real purpose and how "streetwear" consumers don't really care. Also, our website was built from scratch using HTML5 (not some generic shopify webcart).

In regards to illest, never see it around here (NJ/NYC). Come to think of it, maybe a sticker on a car or something. I'm into menswear/activewear and never see illest around. Also, just took a look at their website and see no similarities? Our website's navigation "HOW - WE - YOU" as well as the scrolling (our website is technically one scrollable page). The YOU section will basically be our media content where we feature people who are living what our brand speaks.

Our intention isn't to just blast you with product. Our product-line is secondary. If you believe in what our brand represents... and see how we're motivating others to do the same, then purchase our product and make that statement. We've only introduced product slowly. The bands we literally gave out without any intention of creating apparel, etc. The tanks that we sold were American Apparel blanks (quality is a must). Beanies/snapbacks, also up-to-par in quality. 

bullshit, illest is commonly found on the boardwalks in NJ/NY

Feeling like Bishop from Juice

January 29, 2014 @ 10:22 PM
killdit.com

Boardwalks? I understand people who frequent websites like HYPEBEAST find illest to be commonplace. Ask most people, including myself, and it's not something I see at all. People need to see outside of their own point of view. Better yet, let me go on jackthreads and pull the 20 brands selling on their website.... do you know each one of them? Furthermore, I'll find you 20 brands with similar logos and plain generic fonts... does that mean they were trying to imitate the other? There is no "illest" font to download. Our logo was actually DESIGNED, with every point and loop specifically placed and measured. If you can't see the difference and detail of how everything is perfectly aligned, then that's ok. Again, thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it all.

January 29, 2014 @ 10:32 PM
zacarycaine

^^^ this plus the front graphic is big as fuck and the second tee is utterly pointless
How is the second tee pointless? Just wondering.
I'm guessing because it's just text not a real design?
ya pretty much, also I think the two fonts are way to different for the piece to be coherent and not different enough for it to be a juxtaposition know what I mean? 
I don't know what you mean when you say "not different enough for it to be a just a position"
But i understand when you say they are too different, i was actually thinking the same thing when i put this mock up together, it just didn't fit.
I'm gonna try using the same font for front and back but try to actually design a little something for the front.
January 29, 2014 @ 10:59 PM
KENNY_POWERS

Brand messages are so corny. Let your work/quality speak for itself. 
January 29, 2014 @ 11:08 PM
UncleLucas

January 29, 2014 @ 11:26 PM
Bulldog

Haven't invested thousands... we've had sales of over 5k in 2-3 months with limited product (if you read my post). Also, I've been into fashion/streetwear long enough (I've been on ISS since 2005: retro_source). Our target isn't the "streetwear" crowd at all, but decided to get some feedback here in terms of design. Brands on karmaloop, jackthreads, etc. are a dime a dozen. Instead, our focus is our message + culture that we are slowly cultivating. Anybody can create a nice design and screen print a shirt... but what does that even mean?

We've already been involved in events, sponsored small shows, etc (the idea of killdit. sprung up only 7 months ago). We've had user submitted photos and turned them into media that can inspire others. We have a Billabong sponsored snowboarder who is wearing our gear + letting us use her video/footage to promote our brand. I appreciate your opinion and no offense has been taken - just beg to differ on the "iffy" comment. Thanks for your feedback though.
I didn't see any mention of the amount of product purchased in the post I quoted, though rest assured, I did read it.  If you've been familiar with the streetwear crowd via the Internet since 2005, I'm quite surprised that you haven't heard of one of the most overhyped brands on the web.  Yet what I fail to understand is why you expect worthwhile feedback from a community that is blatantly not your intended audience.  You've also entered this thread with a passive slap in the face to those who seek input on their own streetwear ideas, labeling them "a dime a dozen."  Though their ideas may not be revolutionary by any means, the sole product design on your site is simply your initial logo, slapped on four different products.  Therein lies a good deal of hypocrisy; as such, you can only expect a reasonable amount of distaste in response. 

While any measure of success in a corporate world is to be commended, you've entered a forum strictly built around streetwear in search of response to your brand on everything but your clothing.  There's much talk about the culture and feel-good movement you're attempting to inspire, but at the end of the day, anyone making a legitimate purchase is going to require some sort of tangible verification that what they've spent their wages on is worth it.  Flashy language aside, you've produced product that can be easily misinterpreted as a rip of the Illest logo (as evidenced by the near-instant viewer recognition earlier).  You print on American Apparel, and sell snapbacks and beanies?  Alright, so do a large number of the "dime a dozen" Karmaloop brands you're putting your product above.  On a quasi-related note, none of the products which you mention on any of your social media or web outlets fall into your self-described category of activewear/dri-fit. 

www.justinungar.com

January 29, 2014 @ 11:51 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I didn't see any mention of the amount of product purchased in the post I quoted, though rest assured, I did read it.  If you've been familiar with the streetwear crowd via the Internet since 2005, I'm quite surprised that you haven't heard of one of the most overhyped brands on the web.  Yet what I fail to understand is why you expect worthwhile feedback from a community that is blatantly not your intended audience.  You've also entered this thread with a passive slap in the face to those who seek input on their own streetwear ideas, labeling them "a dime a dozen."  Though their ideas may not be revolutionary by any means, the sole product design on your site is simply your initial logo, slapped on four different products.  Therein lies a good deal of hypocrisy; as such, you can only expect a reasonable amount of distaste in response. 

While any measure of success in a corporate world is to be commended, you've entered a forum strictly built around streetwear in search of response to your brand on everything but your clothing.  There's much talk about the culture and feel-good movement you're attempting to inspire, but at the end of the day, anyone making a legitimate purchase is going to require some sort of tangible verification that what they've spent their wages on is worth it.  Flashy language aside, you've produced product that can be easily misinterpreted as a rip of the Illest logo (as evidenced by the near-instant viewer recognition earlier).  You print on American Apparel, and sell snapbacks and beanies?  Alright, so do a large number of the "dime a dozen" Karmaloop brands you're putting your product above.  On a quasi-related note, none of the products which you mention on any of your social media or web outlets fall into your self-described category of activewear/dri-fit. 

^^^

I like you, and you are a designer. Please stay in this thread so when I start posting my designs again I can get your feedback :thumbup:

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

January 30, 2014 @ 12:03 AM
brodylikestochill

@zacarycaine a juxtaposition is when you compare two things, I meant like when you put two very different things next to eachother and they stand out because of it. Also I agree this would look better if you drew something for the front and changed the font on the back, thank you for earnestly taking my feedback, that is very rare in this thread.

@killdit there is nothing you can say to make this thread like your clothing, I think you need to spend less time trying to win over people who don't like it from the get go and more time trying to locate the audience who honestly fucks with your brand. 

Also the amount of time you spent on your logo doesn't matter if it still looks subpar 

January 30, 2014 @ 12:04 AM
Metsys

Yo @brody check ya PM

January 30, 2014 @ 12:31 AM
street lights

its unacceptable to think that since your brand is strong in other areas its ok for it to be weak in others.

i got nothing to do but shoot my mouth off - john 3:16

January 30, 2014 @ 03:07 AM
Malachi Shockley

Boardwalks? I understand people who frequent websites like HYPEBEAST find illest to be commonplace. Ask most people, including myself, and it's not something I see at all. People need to see outside of their own point of view. Better yet, let me go on jackthreads and pull the 20 brands selling on their website.... do you know each one of them? Furthermore, I'll find you 20 brands with similar logos and plain generic fonts... does that mean they were trying to imitate the other? There is no "illest" font to download. Our logo was actually DESIGNED, with every point and loop specifically placed and measured. If you can't see the difference and detail of how everything is perfectly aligned, then that's ok. Again, thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it all.
I live in Kentucky and I see Illest bumper stickers on the regular... JS
You probably should put more thought into designs than a story or trying to make your current logo seem credible to us.

www.knownothing.us

January 30, 2014 @ 05:35 AM
TRWKSCLUB

Can I get feedback on this little bomber logo/graphic? actual thoughts and not just thumbs down helps too.  thanks
January 30, 2014 @ 06:17 AM
zacarycaine

@zacarycaine a juxtaposition is when you compare two things, I meant like when you put two very different things next to eachother and they stand out because of it. Also I agree this would look better if you drew something for the front and changed the font on the back, thank you for earnestly taking my feedback, that is very rare in this thread.

Yeah I get what you mean now.
And I'll always take peoples feedback, I mean that's why I'm here, I'll never understand why people get all butthurt when they hear their shit sucks.
January 30, 2014 @ 06:48 AM
owngoodco

Can I get feedback on this little bomber logo/graphic? actual thoughts and not just thumbs down helps too.  thanks
the face kinda reminds me of the BAPE shark full zip up hoodie 
January 30, 2014 @ 07:03 AM
TRWKSCLUB

the face kinda reminds me of the BAPE shark full zip up hoodie 
I was simply going for the vintage paintings on bombs and fighter planes which I think is a different concept. With the bomb being present its used in a different context. Totally understand that tho thanks for the feedback!
January 30, 2014 @ 02:51 PM
killdit.com

I actually like your feedback. Thanks, especially that we don't have our activewear/dri-fit product up yet. We began producing simple/everyday product a few months ago in order to generate revenue to fund our full product line. In regards to the logo illest and killdit both have letters "I-L-L" in the word, which obviously makes the script look similar. Try writing the word "killdit" in script by hand... then write "illest"... they both look similar. My biggest issue here is everybody thinking the "illest" brand is commonplace everywhere. Yes, in the streetwear culture, but outside of that? Our logo is actually closer to the Cadillac logo. It's called cursive writing, i.e:

As mentioned above, I appreciate all the feedback and took the time to RESPOND (not defend, nor try and win you over to purchase anything). Why I posted in HYPEBEAST? Market research. Good and bad, it will help me gain insight. Everyone gets so uptight and pissed off, but hey... we're on an internet forum. Thank you for writing up a response that actually had valid points, rather than replying "bull$hit, your brand sucks".

Please login first to reply.