Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 31, 2012 @ 06:58 AM
HEAVYSET

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

March 31, 2012 @ 07:11 AM
black

For crews I would for $36-$39. I wouldn't recommend going over that cuz then it will cut into your hoodies sale. For hoodies I will say anywhere $42 and up.

But at the end of the day, you really wanna push for whatever makes you the most profit. So if you are selling a one color tee for $24 and making $16 off of it, as opposed to a hoodie where your profit is only $10, then try to push the tee before the hoodie 3 to 1 all day.

you could honestly not be more wrong. you base the prices on how you want it to reflect off of on your brand. a high end brand prints a hoodie for a price everyone else gets, there not gonna charge $42. they price it however they want to price it. same with tees and crew necks.

there was so much wrong in that sentence god.

Wait what?? I dont get your response...
You say I'm wrong because I'm telling the guy what i think he could be getting for some products? How am I wrong on that one? Also, if you're saying I'm wrong cuz I'm telling the dude to push the most profit making product, then u have no idea how a business is run.

Retail is generally 4x your cost and should be if you actually want to profit. You double to wholesale, account's double for retail. Most companies don't actually just set there prices to whatever they want, it's all based on cost. When you see a $76 dollar t-shirt, it's most likely cut and sew. For a smaller brand, $7 sew, $7-10 for decent fabric, $5 label/print. So even with cheaper fabric, $19 cost= a $76 t-shirt. I still haven't seen a brand establish any real credibility solely starting online, sure you can sell a few pieces to friends, but your not making a living, you have to fuck with retail account's to make it, therefore you have to set pricing based on profiting @wholesale.

blackmfg.co fitted goods

March 31, 2012 @ 08:34 AM
hypebeast1

Just curious, have anyone ordered from oversea suppliers listed on alibaba.com?

They carry many different things..from pants to jackets. Suppliers from all around the world.
Despite the high minimum in most cases, we think it would be a great source for getting blanks.
What do you think?
http://www.alibaba.com/Men-s-Clothing_pid100003070
March 31, 2012 @ 01:33 PM
samweinberg

Thanks for all the advice, I'm glad it was diverse cause that'll help build it. Right now all those designs are just things I've made to work off of and I'm glad you stressed the fact of keeping them in one subject cause I didn't think heavily into that. And yeah I don't have the rights to the photos but if I can get the rights to it then I'll use it. But to be honest I have absolutely no idea how to get those rights. I'll keep you all updated on what I'm dropping and when. Also the orange mockup was first done on white, prolly wouldn't get it printed on orange unless I do a few colors per tee.

Chances are the rights to those photos would cost more than you can afford and make it almost impossible for you to make a profit. Most startup brands just use them without permission and hope they aren't well known enough for the copyright holder to care. Do so at your own risk though.

I would highly recommend against using images/designs you don't have the rights to, because it reflects on your brand as a whole and could really damage your credibility. Would you rather be the cheap brand that steals images or the brand that has original, high quality designs and products?

City Limits - Fall 2012

March 31, 2012 @ 01:51 PM
HWYS - Joey

They carry many different things..from pants to jackets. Suppliers from all around the world.
Despite the high minimum in most cases, we think it would be a great source for getting blanks.
What do you think?

You are taking a humongous risk imo. I think you are better off paying a bit more for an item from a supplier in the US who you can call and talk to right away if needed. Yeah, they are probably getting them from the people overseas, but the peace of mind would be worth the extra money.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 31, 2012 @ 02:10 PM
buddyrock

What do you think?

i looked into it. it can be expensive for the good manufacturers.

a few places wanted to charge me 200-300 buck for each sample.
i ordered 2 sample hoodies from one place they where crap and small. good thing it was only 80 bucks all up.

make sure you specify what region sizing you want if you order and be very clear about details.

i would stick to blanks and print my gear on them. plus i will cost a lot to ship stuff from Chinese suppliers on alibaba.
March 31, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
noonecares

More tee designs I worked on the past couple days.
March 31, 2012 @ 04:48 PM
chads

^These aren't that bad and are more consistent that the previous ones you posted. Remind me of some Undefeated-esque designs but I like, clean and simple.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 31, 2012 @ 05:18 PM
shanekarmaloop

suspended

If your an Ed Sheeran Fan you probably would have seen him wearing a selection of Tshirts from PXL Clothing in his newest single Drunk. If any of the Hypebeast fans are interested, Trendingfn.blogspot.com has a 20% code for everyone. Plus feel free to comment on the designs.

Code: trendingfn

No paper thin crew necks from PXL! heavy weight 250g cotton mix to ensure that your product remains in

mercerised cotton. The neck line includes a contrasting white herringbone taped neck

LIMITED EDITIONS: Strictly limited to 100 pieces...
March 31, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
kuntakinte

More tee designs I worked on the past couple days.

second shirt is awesome
March 31, 2012 @ 06:20 PM
noonecares

Ayye glad you guys dig this stuff more. Some of these a l/s, hoodie, bucket hats, and some other special stuff is what I hope to drop come June. I'll keep updating on here as I come up with more stuff. Follow us on twitter @TVRNTVP for more updates more frequently. ~~
March 31, 2012 @ 07:45 PM
artistiq

I liked it so much I gave you guys some blog love.

http://dopedrops.com/heavyset-springsummer-12/
March 31, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
lstplcwnr

Anyone selling inexpensive hoodies?
March 31, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
stillwild

Ayye glad you guys dig this stuff more. Some of these a l/s, hoodie, bucket hats, and some other special stuff is what I hope to drop come June. I'll keep updating on here as I come up with more stuff. Follow us on twitter @TVRNTVP for more updates more frequently. ~~

Keep buildin', totally potential here.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

March 31, 2012 @ 09:31 PM
HEAVYSET

Hey thanks!! We truly appreciate that, man.

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

March 31, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
scarlem

heavyset trailer is illllllll,
keepin an eye out on the brand for sure
April 1, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
artistiq

Hey thanks!! We truly appreciate that, man.

Any time!

Just copped a shirt too.

Definitely a brand people need to watch.
April 1, 2012 @ 10:43 AM
heinz

We just dropped a crewneck...

www.shakaclothing.co.uk

April 1, 2012 @ 10:44 AM
heinz

And that heavyset video is mad good

www.shakaclothing.co.uk

April 1, 2012 @ 05:19 PM
Nylo

This shit is nice though...
April 1, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
lynchjason

what sort of quantity of each product did you get for your first batch?
April 1, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
Fictitious

Working on a mascot /logo for a brand i'm working on called Transcend. It's a rubber duck, tell me what you guys think

This is the sticker, and tanks

April 1, 2012 @ 09:39 PM
chads

Id say anywhere from 24 to 100 based upon how established you are but it truly is just a case-to-case basis. For my first run, I'm going with 30 because I want to keep it limited so there is some demand.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 2, 2012 @ 01:34 AM
HWYS - Joey

Id say anywhere from 24 to 100 based upon how established you are but it truly is just a case-to-case basis. For my first run, I'm going with 30 because I want to keep it limited so there is some demand.

I'm making everything myself so it will be on how I feel about each design. I'm thinking of just keeping simple at first and just doing two designs with 3-4 colors each. But hopefully as demand grows I'll be able to incorporate 6-8 more designs.

Again, with me doing everything myself, I can customize how I can do it all. If I want to make a "1off", meaning one design, one shirt, first order gets it - I can do that with no issues because I won't have a minimum order and such...

I guess it all depends on your structure and money situation.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 2, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
brightfutures

Bottoms Up MFG Initial Five Panel Camp Cap releases in five styles.

Grey colorways releasing in a couple weeks.

Spring Catalog Line Launch May 1, 2012.

Now available at:

Bottoms Up MFG Online Store

www.brightfuturessunglasses.com INSTAGRAM: @brightfuturessunglasses

April 2, 2012 @ 02:18 AM
DannyHH

Care to share where you got 5 panels made?
April 2, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
brightfutures

Sent PM, we do sourcing and manufacturing in-house.

www.brightfuturessunglasses.com INSTAGRAM: @brightfuturessunglasses

April 2, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
DannyHH

thanks btw the leather labels look dope
April 2, 2012 @ 05:04 AM
Broken Bank Clo

I....... For my first run, I'm going with 30 because I want to keep it limited so there is some demand.

This last part make no sense to me.
Lower supply equal higher demand.
I mostly only see that in the shoe industry and it only works when it is a highly sought after item. When you do that in clothing I don't see the profit or gain especially for a newly starting company.

I mean make as many as you want or however many you think you will sale.
First batch runs should in my opinion be logo shirts. Make as many of those as you can for promotion, selling, handing out on the streets, giveaway, for blogs to blast. If you want to get your name out there don't limit on the promo stuff.
Everything else after that is what your pockets can afford or whatever money is recycled from your last batch of shirt sold.

If I make a hot as shirt I'm not going to limit to hype up consumers. Supply and demand. Hot tickets bring in the extra funds. Make as many as you can if you can.
If you break even on what you spent on making the shirts and demand has gone down then give the rest away if you want with stickers and business cards.

my .02

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

April 2, 2012 @ 05:10 AM
Jake Ocean

I....... For my first run, I'm going with 30 because I want to keep it limited so there is some demand.

This last part make no sense to me.
Lower supply equal higher demand.
I mostly only see that in the shoe industry and it only works when it is a highly sought after item. When you do that in clothing I don't see the profit or gain especially for a newly starting company.

I mean make as many as you want or however many you think you will sale.
First batch runs should in my opinion be logo shirts. Make as many of those as you can for promotion, selling, handing out on the streets, giveaway, for blogs to blast. If you want to get your name out there don't limit on the promo stuff.
Everything else after that is what your pockets can afford or whatever money is recycled from your last batch of shirt sold.

If I make a hot as shirt I'm not going to limit to hype up consumers. Supply and demand. Hot tickets bring in the extra funds. Make as many as you can if you can.
If you break even on what you spent on making the shirts and demand has gone down then give the rest away if you want with stickers and business cards.

my .02

Why would your first batch be logo shirts? That doesn't make any sense.
When you are starting out, your logo means nothing to anybody but yourself.

If a new brand just started, and just made logo shirts, why the fuck would anyone buy one? When I rep a logo shirt, that's because I like the brand, I like their designs, I like what they stand for, etc.
You need to do some establishing before you just go out and make a logo shirt.

And lower quantities = higher demand is simple logic. Lower quantity, you will run out quicker.

http://www.distantlight.co

Please login first to reply.