Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 18, 2013 @ 04:36 PM
cityofsavages

THE GHOST OF ODB POURING ONE FOR HIMSELFnow available @ waveseason.bigcartel.com
I like the design and concept, the pics could be a lot better.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

November 18, 2013 @ 05:04 PM
Brigade

info@brgade.com

November 18, 2013 @ 05:04 PM
Gaudy Co.

GAUDY CO. has Released the Jesus Piece Hat Pendant to the public. The Pendant can be applied to any snap back, beanie etc. Pictured above on one of our winter line beanies.
We make them in Gold and in Silver for two different price ranges. Both types come with VS Quality stones, and are made custom in house. We will be releasing the Micro angel hat pendants to the public on November, 28th. If you watched 106 and Park on BET on halloween day, you might have already seen some of our clients B5 from Atlanta perform live while rocking our micro angel hat pendants and matching both types of our micro angel chains as well.
# We are also offering stainless steel with gold plating and sapphire stones. These will be made to order, as we understand that everyone might not be able to buy precious metals at this time, and we wanted everyone to be able to enjoy our work. Just email and we will make it to order for you. $135

ALSO CHECK OUT OUR CUBAN LINK CHAIN SALE!  NO ONE BEATS OUR PRICES, ALL MADE IN HOUSE!

WWW.GAUDYCO.COM
contact@gaudyco.com

November 18, 2013 @ 05:59 PM
bugswithmedotcom

BRIGADE HOLIDAY '13 COMING REAL SOON

http://brgade.com/

In my opinion you guys are doing everything right. From the visuals and context alone, I am instantly intrigued. Can't wait to see more 

BUGSWITHME.COM x TWENTY5ONLINE.COM

November 18, 2013 @ 06:14 PM
cityofsavages

BRIGADE HOLIDAY '13 COMING REAL SOON

http://brgade.com/

In my opinion you guys are doing everything right. From the visuals and context alone, I am instantly intrigued. Can't wait to see more 
definitely a strong introduction for your brand.

November 18, 2013 @ 06:17 PM
Street Kitten

taking our first stab at outerwear this season with our "Bone Collector" M-65 jacket http://shop.thecityofsavages.com/product/bone-collector-m-65-jacket

$150? No hate but c'mon big dog. Did you actually make that jacket or is this something you found at a thrift store/army navy surplus store and printed on? Even brands who are creating every little piece and detail for an outerwear item like this don't charge $150. It's a cool piece none the less. Best of luck with it. 
Thanks for the feedback. The $150 price tag is just to cover our asses for when we have a sale, for instance we're having a 50% off sale for black friday so say if we set the price of the jacket @ $100 or so initially we'd be be selling it for only $50 during that time which is something that just can't happen. Also we have an unexpiring 30% off discount code for all HB members which knocks $45 off of the $150 price tag. So in short no one has to pay $150 for the jacket unless they really want to.

Seriously??????? I wouldn't go around admitting that. MSRP are built based on production costs. If dudes buy your stuff expecting quality for the price and they do not get that, your just sinking your own ship. Regardless of sales, they are not saving anything. If your unsure of your designs, I suggest you collab with a really good artists who shares the same vision as the city of savages. That jacket shouldn't be more than $25 to produce (and that's high). $75-$80 would be the respectable retail price. If it's costing you more than $25 to make that then you need to find a new method of production for it. In reference to hkeys statement, dudes could make this at home for about $30 or less.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/SearchKey.asp?itemtitle=camo+jacket&showthumbs=on&sortBy=itemEndTime&sortOrder=a&closed=&sellerid=all&srchdesc=&month=&day=&year=&days=0

http://www.streetkitten.tumblr.com/ & http://www.threadstreet.tumblr.com/

November 18, 2013 @ 06:26 PM
Broken Bank Clo

well, my logo is my sign, so huf and I can have the same. Maybe even you got the same sign. I didint even think about huf, but thanks
so where do you think I should place my designs?
and also I dont understand why that white lady have to wear xxxl tee?
@TUR
Your kidding right??? I honestly think this is joke. I am wondering at myself even now why I should take the time to comment. Do you know anything about business? You'd be lucky enough to get as far as copyrighting your logo. If it does manage to slip through the system don't think Huf will not hit you with a court order to change it. Legally they CAN. They LEGALLY owned that type of logo before you.
As far as the graphics go, again as I stated before, I think this is a joke.

@camsucaet Please be aware i'm not telling you not to create deigns like the ones you posted. If you can find an amazing design or concept for these trends then go for it. Just know that new and established companies are trying to do the same thing you are. The only difference is they have a bigger share of the retail market
huf doesn't fucking own cursive letters. huf's logo is a 3 letter script word. huf order a court order? are you fucking kidding? the logo's don't even look alike. 
You don't realize how anal a company can be when it comes to protecting their brand identity? It's not owning the cursive, it's how it's done. My cousin-in-law lost a lawsuit from In-N-Out who stated his company name was too similar to theirs and ordered he change it. It wasn't even the logo that looked similar, just the name. He's not in the restaurant industry, but he's a threat since he's registered and operating in the same state as them.
My comment is based on jaemznugyen's. I'm not all too familiar with Huf's word marks so I did take a look. It's very similar, but considering Huf has loops in their word mark I'd say Tur is ok. Some consumers would consider it a cheap knock off of Huf as previously mentioned.

Stuff like that is a case-by-case scenario.
There was a Charbucks vs. Starbucks lawsuite placed back in 2001.
Starbucks wanted to sue on the grounds that the other company name would cause confusion with their customers.
In the end Starbucks lost the case.
Fonts can't be trademarked unless they are custom made not distrubuted for the purpose to make money blah blah...
He can use it, yes it will get a close comparison just because Huf is stuck in people heads. But it should be fine.
Another case it illest aka Fatlace used the Titleist to make their logo.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

November 18, 2013 @ 06:30 PM
cityofsavages

taking our first stab at outerwear this season with our "Bone Collector" M-65 jacket http://shop.thecityofsavages.com/product/bone-collector-m-65-jacket

$150? No hate but c'mon big dog. Did you actually make that jacket or is this something you found at a thrift store/army navy surplus store and printed on? Even brands who are creating every little piece and detail for an outerwear item like this don't charge $150. It's a cool piece none the less. Best of luck with it. 
Thanks for the feedback. The $150 price tag is just to cover our asses for when we have a sale, for instance we're having a 50% off sale for black friday so say if we set the price of the jacket @ $100 or so initially we'd be be selling it for only $50 during that time which is something that just can't happen. Also we have an unexpiring 30% off discount code for all HB members which knocks $45 off of the $150 price tag. So in short no one has to pay $150 for the jacket unless they really want to.
I wouldn't go around admitting that. MSRP are built based on production costs. If dudes buy your stuff expecting quality for the price and they do not get that, your just sinking your own ship. Regardless of sales, they are not saving anything. If your unsure of your designs, I suggest you collab with a really good artists who shares the same vision as the city of savages. That jacket shouldn't be more than $25 to produce (and that's high). $75-$80 would be the respectable retail price. If it's costing you more than $25 to make that then you need to find a new method of production for it. In reference to hkeys statement, dudes could make this at home for about $30 or less. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/SearchKey.asp?itemtitle=camo+jacket&showthumbs=on&sortBy=itemEndTime&sortOrder=a&closed=&sellerid=all&srchdesc=&month=&day=&year=&days=0
Definitely not unsure of our designs, I think everything about the way brand shows that. If you do research on M-65's heavy duty one's like this are more expensive. Didn't just pull this price out of thin air like I stated before. If you can show me one similar to this by another streetwear brand that's priced around $75 I'd be surprised. As far as the making this at home thing that goes for a lot of stuff, there's infinite info/resources out here now people can create whatever they research/put effort into creating. The thing is though people aren't paying for something because it's impossible for them to do on their own they're paying because they like the brand, product etc. Best example of this is how people buy tie dye products from brands when they could just dye some shirts themselves or all that shit last year with Pyrex. Also the jackets you listed here from goodwill aren't the same quality for the most part and they all have been worn before, pretty heavily from the looks of some of them so that kind of blows the making one of these for $30 or less argument up. Besides everyone doesn't get down with the 2nd hand clothing thing.

November 18, 2013 @ 06:33 PM
Street Kitten

@TUR
Your kidding right??? I honestly think this is joke. I am wondering at myself even now why I should take the time to comment. Do you know anything about business? You'd be lucky enough to get as far as copyrighting your logo. If it does manage to slip through the system don't think Huf will not hit you with a court order to change it. Legally they CAN. They LEGALLY owned that type of logo before you.
As far as the graphics go, again as I stated before, I think this is a joke.

@camsucaet Please be aware i'm not telling you not to create deigns like the ones you posted. If you can find an amazing design or concept for these trends then go for it. Just know that new and established companies are trying to do the same thing you are. The only difference is they have a bigger share of the retail market
huf doesn't fucking own cursive letters. huf's logo is a 3 letter script word. huf order a court order? are you fucking kidding? the logo's don't even look alike. 
You don't realize how anal a company can be when it comes to protecting their brand identity? It's not owning the cursive, it's how it's done. My cousin-in-law lost a lawsuit from In-N-Out who stated his company name was too similar to theirs and ordered he change it. It wasn't even the logo that looked similar, just the name. He's not in the restaurant industry, but he's a threat since he's registered and operating in the same state as them.
My comment is based on jaemznugyen's. I'm not all too familiar with Huf's word marks so I did take a look. It's very similar, but considering Huf has loops in their word mark I'd say Tur is ok. Some consumers would consider it a cheap knock off of Huf as previously mentioned.

Stuff like that is a case-by-case scenario.
There was a Charbucks vs. Starbucks lawsuite placed back in 2001.
Starbucks wanted to sue on the grounds that the other company name would cause confusion with their customers.
In the end Starbucks lost the case.
Fonts can't be trademarked unless they are custom made not distrubuted for the purpose to make money blah blah...
He can use it, yes it will get a close comparison just because Huf is stuck in people heads. But it should be fine.
Another case it illest aka Fatlace used the Titleist to make their logo.

Your right. Not all companies are at risk. There are other companies with "in-n-Out" in their names still operating. He just needs to be aware of what could happen. Knowing the business of "having a brand" is just as important as creating products.

November 18, 2013 @ 07:18 PM
styrofag

Put some designs up for my new brand, please critique
homts.bigcartel.com

November 18, 2013 @ 07:52 PM
Street Kitten

I wouldn't go around admitting that. MSRP are built based on production costs. If dudes buy your stuff expecting quality for the price and they do not get that, your just sinking your own ship. Regardless of sales, they are not saving anything. If your unsure of your designs, I suggest you collab with a really good artists who shares the same vision as the city of savages. That jacket shouldn't be more than $25 to produce (and that's high). $75-$80 would be the respectable retail price. If it's costing you more than $25 to make that then you need to find a new method of production for it. In reference to hkeys statement, dudes could make this at home for about $30 or less. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/SearchKey.asp?itemtitle=camo+jacket&showthumbs=on&sortBy=itemEndTime&sortOrder=a&closed=&sellerid=all&srchdesc=&month=&day=&year=&days=0
Definitely not unsure of our designs, I think everything about the way brand shows that. If you do research on M-65's heavy duty one's like this are more expensive. Didn't just pull this price out of thin air like I stated before. If you can show me one similar to this by another streetwear brand that's priced around $75 I'd be surprised. As far as the making this at home thing that goes for a lot of stuff, there's infinite info/resources out here now people can create whatever research/ put effort into creating. The thing is though people aren't paying for something because it's impossible for them to do on their own they're paying because they like the brand, product etc. Best example of this is how people buy tie dye products from brands when they could just dye the stuff themselves.
Explaining why you priced it that way sounds like you threw numbers out there. If that isn't the case be careful how you talk about your business. I see the prices of other m-65 ranging from $75-300 so yes $150 seems fair, but they look like they're worth that price (screen printed or not). Yours doesn't. Showing the goodwill jackets is in regards to the quality of yours. They look similar, but I guess i'd have to see them in person to know.

"If you can show me one similar to this by another streetwear brand that's priced around $75 I'd be surprised."
This design isn't limited to street wear. Dudes can buy M-65's from various segments of the apparel industry. Rotcho for example isn't a street wear company, but they produce garments street wear dudes like. Which is why Karmaloop sells them. This isn't screen printed and KL may have paid $25/30 a piece. Had Rotcho printed on it i'm sure it'd be about $35/40 a piece so roughly a respectable MSRP would be $110-120. http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-M65-Field-Jacket-in-Woodland-Camo/404872#.

And I actually like the concept, it's just not something I'd pay $150 for. So yes, when your sale starts you'll probably have some buyers for it b/c it's screen printed and would be generally cheaper than most M-65's. http://www.rothco.com/search/keyword/m-65

November 18, 2013 @ 08:14 PM
November 18, 2013 @ 08:18 PM
styrofag

one of my hoodie designs homts.bigcartel.com 
November 18, 2013 @ 08:19 PM
Venice + Motor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start an t-shirt company that I hope will turn into a more comprehensive lifestyle brand (but that is way down the line). My partner and I hand print our shirts out of our apartment using only water based and discharge inks. We really like the soft feel and do not want the thick feel of plastisol ink. I've only started selling to friends and family through word of mouth but hope to get more exposure. I design the graphics myself and have slowly developed a style and look and feel I want to pursue but I will also have some "wild card" designs down the road. The name of the company comes from where we first came up with the idea to start it. It is the intersection of our apartment at the time. We also hope to market to residents of Culver City, as that is where the shirts are printed. Hand printed, made in the USA all the way!

If you guys could check out my site and instagram, I would really appreciate any thoughts and constructive comments. Thanks!

http://www.veniceandmotor.com/
http://www.instagram.com/veniceandmotor

November 18, 2013 @ 08:21 PM
LuminaryMinds

Redid the back.. because i thought it needed something
any thoughts or suggestions?

Very nice. Personally for me I prefer larger graphic images. And the front/back design reminds me of how corporations and charities do promo t-shirts- company name front/logo on back. It's ok, but I think you should impress the person with the very first look of the garment.
I'd prefer the first tee to have the word mark centered and larger. Having it on the side makes me feel like there should be a pocket underneath and again a promo t-shirt. It might look better once it's actually printed so that's just my opinion.

You should also look into creating your own Old English style word mark if you have not done your copyrights/trademarks,
Thanks for the insight! 
yeah you are sort of right, the purpose of this is to get some advertising done thru the tees 
next design would be a lot different tho. And yeah im currently working on our letters, im trying to make it all match and flow with each other
November 18, 2013 @ 08:40 PM
sammy p

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start an t-shirt company that I hope will turn into a more comprehensive lifestyle brand (but that is way down the line). My partner and I hand print our shirts out of our apartment using only water based and discharge inks. We really like the soft feel and do not want the thick feel of plastisol ink. I've only started selling to friends and family through word of mouth but hope to get more exposure. I design the graphics myself and have slowly developed a style and look and feel I want to pursue but I will also have some "wild card" designs down the road. The name of the company comes from where we first came up with the idea to start it. It is the intersection of our apartment at the time. We also hope to market to residents of Culver City, as that is where the shirts are printed. Hand printed, made in the USA all the way!

If you guys could check out my site and instagram, I would really appreciate any thoughts and constructive comments. Thanks!

Reminds me of obey, but not hating on it, i like it
November 18, 2013 @ 09:29 PM
Street Kitten

Checked the site. Designs are nice with a great price too. I'm familiar with Culver City so I definitely feel these.

November 18, 2013 @ 10:18 PM
cityofsavages

Definitely not unsure of our designs, I think everything about the way brand shows that. If you do research on M-65's heavy duty one's like this are more expensive. Didn't just pull this price out of thin air like I stated before. If you can show me one similar to this by another streetwear brand that's priced around $75 I'd be surprised. As far as the making this at home thing that goes for a lot of stuff, there's infinite info/resources out here now people can create whatever research/ put effort into creating. The thing is though people aren't paying for something because it's impossible for them to do on their own they're paying because they like the brand, product etc. Best example of this is how people buy tie dye products from brands when they could just dye the stuff themselves.
Explaining why you priced it that way sounds like you threw numbers out there. If that isn't the case be careful how you talk about your business. I see the prices of other m-65 ranging from $75-300 so yes $150 seems fair, but they look like they're worth that price (screen printed or not). Yours doesn't. Showing the goodwill jackets is in regards to the quality of yours. They look similar, but I guess i'd have to see them in person to know.

"If you can show me one similar to this by another streetwear brand that's priced around $75 I'd be surprised."
This design isn't limited to street wear. Dudes can buy M-65's from various segments of the apparel industry. Rotcho for example isn't a street wear company, but they produce garments street wear dudes like. Which is why Karmaloop sells them. This isn't screen printed and KL may have paid $25/30 a piece. Had Rotcho printed on it i'm sure it'd be about $35/40 a piece so roughly a respectable MSRP would be $110-120. http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-M65-Field-Jacket-in-Woodland-Camo/404872#.

And I actually like the concept, it's just not something I'd pay $150 for. So yes, when your sale starts you'll probably have some buyers for it b/c it's screen printed and would be generally cheaper than most M-65's. http://www.rothco.com/search/keyword/m-65
You're entitled to your opinion and I appreciate you sharing what you thought instead of just thumbing down. I take any well thought out reponse into account as far as these things go and you definitely didn' just throw random hate. But at this point you're telling me stuff I already know about the m-65's and as far as this quote "I see the prices of other m-65 ranging from $75-300 so yes $150 seems fair, but they look like they're worth that price (screen printed or not). Yours doesn't." Not really sure how at 1st glance and definitely after reading the product description our jacket seems less quality then any of the others out there especially considering the weight of the jacket(10 oz) and it's features. The product is priced right in the middle of the would be competiton and I think that's pretty fair.

November 18, 2013 @ 10:43 PM
≈ nash ≈

appreciate the feedback.
getting a quote from the printer this week so hopefully i can get everything in production in the next few weeks.

stay on the lookout.
for now, as always check the site and cop something

www.connectedgoods.bigcartel.com

Connected Goods // www.connectedgoods.bigcartel.com

November 18, 2013 @ 10:44 PM
TheNative

Whats good everyone, a little late but I just wanted to throw the word out that my first tee (Pictured below)  is now on sale for just $16 and that the sale will be ending in five days. I also attached some photos via our IG page of whats to come next month. 

Instagram: http://instagram.com/thenativeworldwide
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheNativeWorldwide

Facebook.com/TheNativeWorldwide :: IG @TheNativeWorldwide

November 18, 2013 @ 11:08 PM
quiet

Our webstore opens in 3 hours : : : : : : :
http://triworld.us/
(no shipping costs)

triworld - http://triworld.us/ -

November 19, 2013 @ 01:33 AM
COMPYCORE

First post // Self promo ( oops) 
ToastyCo. Clothing is a brand I started in early 2011.
Here's some pics, looking for some feeback from you guys n_n

..More at http://toastyco.com/
Thanks guys! smile

http://toastyco.com Live fast, never die |/,,

November 19, 2013 @ 02:20 AM
kidkorea

Any tips to get more followers on instagram? I've checked out some brands that don't even have their own products on their feed, just other images but have already amassed thousands of followers..

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

November 19, 2013 @ 03:18 AM
Gaudy Co.

Whats good everyone, a little late but I just wanted to throw the word out that my first tee (Pictured below)  is now on sale for just $16 and that the sale will be ending in five days. I also attached some photos via our IG page of whats to come next month. 

Very Dope, that shit goes hard. Clean and dope script
November 19, 2013 @ 04:01 AM
hkeys

Any tips to get more followers on instagram? I've checked out some brands that don't even have their own products on their feed, just other images but have already amassed thousands of followers..
PM'd

http://thedividedminds.com/

November 19, 2013 @ 05:35 AM
TheNative

Back view.

Tank top
Very Dope, that shit goes hard. Clean and dope script
I appreciate the love brotha!

Facebook.com/TheNativeWorldwide :: IG @TheNativeWorldwide

November 19, 2013 @ 06:17 AM
guddah1

quick mock getting ready to print
November 19, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
heavy

Mockup I did today. Thoughts?

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dieterabrahams
For me, this is more on the Ed Hardy side of the things than Givenchy (if that was what you were going for). 
November 19, 2013 @ 09:59 AM
commonlyused

I know these aren't clothes, but these photos are wild. While I work on other stuff to piece everything together and shirts being in production, I thought I could release these button packs for now.

It features 4 different 1-inch buttons in each set. All neatly packed.

You can buy them here

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

November 19, 2013 @ 02:38 PM
saeedafzal81

hi  shirt  with red rose  death is cool one

Please login first to reply.