Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

Nov 13, 2013 @ 16:35
I figured I get a response like that.

hgh stndrds hghstndrds.com shop.hghstndrds.com

Nov 13, 2013 @ 16:53
Originally posted by Inactive User
@BrokenBankClo
I'm actually a chick. Understandable mistake i guess. I'm here more-so to help those interested in starting a line not browse. So most of my posts will be long if necessary. Sorry. And I realize just know i didn't really answer his question. LOL. I know what you mean though. I feel guilty if i shop. I want new sneakers, but i need to be focusing on buying the rest of the supplies for coat I'm working on.

@dontdoit - everyone's choices for putting money back into the company is different. It depends on what you need at that moment or in the future. Pay off that credit card or reprint a few extras of your best selling tee? Hire a popular graphic artists for an exclusive tee or make a limited quantity of 5 panels? Maybe get a prototype of a sneaker you've had in mind for awhile. It's up to you what you think is best.

http://www.streetkitten.tumblr.com/ & http://www.threadstreet.tumblr.com/

Nov 13, 2013 @ 17:05
Umm....What's your purpose of this tee?? I'd love to see your written description next to this on your site. I could see it being popular during February IF your intentions is to raise awareness of the treatment of African Americans during slave time (which I doubt is your intention). But just to earn a buck?? You should know how black folks can get over stuff like this. Seriously, just remove this cuz i think even as a prototype you may ruin the little bit of business you have.

Also on your site it says "grown ass man shit". Not really. Grown men generally don't waltz around in graphic tees. They are usually a little better dressed. Young men do. IMO

Nov 13, 2013 @ 17:47
I'll take it down. My intention was not to offend anyone, I was getting a feel for the tee. I'm working on making tees from old signs from that era. It is part of american history, and that's something we can't change. My thoughts derive from the term never forget. I would say most people in america are salves to corporations. We the new slaves.
Also a grown ass man is someone who believes he is a man but is actually a childish boy. Someone who think they have their life together but doesn't.

Nov 13, 2013 @ 17:57
I'll take it down. My intention was not to offend anyone, I was getting a feel for the tee. I'm working on making tees from old signs from that era. It is part of american history, and that's something we can't change. My thoughts derive from the term never forget. I would say most people in america are salves to corporations. We the new slaves.

Also a grown ass man is someone who believes he is a man but is actually a childish boy. Someone who think they have their life together but doesn't.

If that is your intention I can understand it. You should make sure to include that in your description about the piece when you upload it or you'll get the above responses. I'd consider reserving them for February. It will have a better impact. Maybe include a short quote from someone from that time on the back of the tee or create your own quote that reflects what this design means in relation to the company. It can give a better effect on the streets when other folks see a dude wearing it.

Nov 13, 2013 @ 18:00

You should use never forget rather than Grown ass man shit. It fits more with the brand image you seem to be going for. 
Nov 13, 2013 @ 18:03
http://www.blulabel.co.ukThat logo just instantly makes me think of ONLY.
Thanks for your comment. This was one of the first designs I did for Blu Label not going to lie I bit the shit out of the ONLY bar logo for that part but apart from that this is an original design and all of the Blu Label designs are. The new drop features designs that are hand drawn or photographed by me. :-)
LOL, not a bad idea taking something from another brand but I might change the font up just a bit to distinguish yourself a bit more. I do like the charlie chaplin though its pretty sick the only thing on that one is I might go back and make your line strokes a tad bit thicker (like his eyebrows look like they just got done at the weave salon) otherwise keeep grinding man and good luck!
For sure man. Thanks for your comments. HAHA the weave salon love it! 
Nov 13, 2013 @ 18:10

Well then you should try to direct your vision by aiming towards more of work corporations and how they abuse employees. Either way It's a tough subject to get across. 
Nov 13, 2013 @ 18:20

so your work is more of satire/awareness???
Edit your original post and include the reason behind the tee. Put the pic back up too. You can't post random stuff w/o an explanation. specially on this site. I've been on here about 3 days and I can see where misinterpretations can get you. lol

Nov 13, 2013 @ 21:20
I did edit the orginal post with my reasoning behind the tee, I'm just shocked that it got that big of a response. And I do like the idea of having them for February. Next I will make sure to explain myself instead of throwing up a random tee. Thank you for the feedback tho.

Nov 13, 2013 @ 21:27

are you African American?

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

Nov 13, 2013 @ 21:41
I'm not african american, I'm jewish.

Nov 13, 2013 @ 21:44
Hey, I have been thinking about starting a line of clothing for a while now, and was just wondering where you can get art work designs onto tees?
Nov 13, 2013 @ 22:03
haha what? 
Nov 13, 2013 @ 22:24
smh. are you aware that 'african american' is a race of people and judaism is a religion?

also, african americans can be jewish...

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Nov 13, 2013 @ 22:25
Hey, I have been thinking about starting a line of clothing for a while now, and was just wondering where you can get art work designs onto tees?
At a local print shop.  or yelp Screen Printer thats closest to you. Then see the Reviews. Nothing worse then getting a shitty screen printer. then compare some prices so you get the best bang for your buck. and always always check quality.

P R O V E R S E | WWW.PROVERSE.COM | INSTAGRAM.COM/PROVERSEGOODS | PPP

Nov 14, 2013 @ 00:05
What brand of shirt do you guys recommend to use for printing? 
Nov 14, 2013 @ 01:02
Teaser pic from our upcoming lookbook.

edmflavor.com

Nov 14, 2013 @ 01:03
Id avoid using American apparel first off because they are $$$. Use alstyle 1301's if you want more of the thick type shirt, and 5301's if you want more of a softer feel shirt. Both take prints fairly well. You can also use Fruit of the loom if you wanna be mega cheap but i find them really starchy. 

edmflavor.com

Nov 14, 2013 @ 01:17
Id avoid using American apparel first off because they are $$$. Use alstyle 1301's if you want more of the thick type shirt, and 5301's if you want more of a softer feel shirt. Both take prints fairly well. You can also use Fruit of the loom if you wanna be mega cheap but i find them really starchy. 
Alstye is good. Looms get destroyed after wash so I wouldn't recommend. Gildans are cool but thin as fuck.

P R O V E R S E | WWW.PROVERSE.COM | INSTAGRAM.COM/PROVERSEGOODS | PPP

Nov 14, 2013 @ 02:25
Alstye is good. Looms get destroyed after wash so I wouldn't recommend. Gildans are cool but thin as fuck.
Sweet, thanks for the input, dudes.
Nov 14, 2013 @ 03:51
HGH STNDRDS.

http://hghstndrds.com/

http://hghstndrds.bigcartel.com/

Can I get some feedback on these tees. These are the first color shirts I am going to print.

http://hghstndrds.bigcartel.com/

Nov 14, 2013 @ 05:18
Today marks the 20th anniversary of The 36 Chambers release date. I have been working on a project to honor the anniversary and the entire Wu-Tang Clan collective. The concept is based on the idea of the original 9 members as the starting 9 of a baseball team: The Staten Island Shaolin. Each member had a different style that came together to create something completely unique similar to the different positions of a baseball team coming together for a winning team.

The collection will consist of 2 pieces: the "Home Jersey" inspired by the hometown New York Yankees pinstripe jerseys and the "Batting Practice" baseball 3/4 sleeve shirt. Both orders will come a commemorative line up card, highlighting each members personal statistics (solo albums, achievements, etc.)

The designs below are obviously still rough drafts, so I'd like to hear some opinions. Release date is TBA.
Anyone else want to provide some honest feedback on this?

I know the mockups were done quickly to make the announcement on the anniversary so I'm more interested in the concept and hypothetical design. Thanks
Nov 14, 2013 @ 06:38
Today marks the 20th anniversary of The 36 Chambers release date. I have been working on a project to honor the anniversary and the entire Wu-Tang Clan collective. The concept is based on the idea of the original 9 members as the starting 9 of a baseball team: The Staten Island Shaolin. Each member had a different style that came together to create something completely unique similar to the different positions of a baseball team coming together for a winning team.

The collection will consist of 2 pieces: the "Home Jersey" inspired by the hometown New York Yankees pinstripe jerseys and the "Batting Practice" baseball 3/4 sleeve shirt. Both orders will come a commemorative line up card, highlighting each members personal statistics (solo albums, achievements, etc.)

The designs below are obviously still rough drafts, so I'd like to hear some opinions. Release date is TBA.

I know the mockups were done quickly to make the announcement on the anniversary so I'm more interested in the concept and hypothetical design. Thanks
are you part of wu? no? then do something different. they have a brand already, also the designs themselves are lazy. copy and paste wu logo, type in the number 36 then chambers. mi dos centabos.

whoever down voting my shit is a fucking faggot that's jealous of everything about my life- Ronn_eL

Nov 14, 2013 @ 10:51
Hello, Im young "artist" from Europe

I made t-shirt series called Picasso Game vol.1

NY (New York) Picasso White

NY (New York) Picasso Black

P (Pittsburgh) Picasso White

P (Pittsburgh) Picasso Black 
Its inspired by Jay-z song called Picasso Baby. Check this out on  SHOP, FACEBOOK & TUMBLR

What do you think about that?

https://www.facebook.com/TUR28?fref=ts

Nov 14, 2013 @ 15:02

are you part of wu? no? then do something different. they have a brand already, also the designs themselves are lazy. copy and paste wu logo, type in the number 36 then chambers. mi dos centabos.
Thanks, I totally get what your saying...honestly I'd just give this design to Wu if I could get it to them. My vision isn't to make profit off this, I just think it is a dope concept (which they are not taking advantage of - they have compared themselves to a baseball team in past interviews) so I'd just want to see it put into production through them. And yes the designs are mean to be simple, it's obviously meant to mimic a professional baseball team jersey. Trying to incorporate that old school hip-hop/throwback jersey wearing vibe.

Nov 14, 2013 @ 18:55
I did edit the orginal post with my reasoning behind the tee, I'm just shocked that it got that big of a response. And I do like the idea of having them for February. Next I will make sure to explain myself instead of throwing up a random tee. Thank you for the feedback tho.

Please be aware of the highly sensitive subject of slavery. I wouldn't use a flyer from a slave sale to make comparisons. Keep it strictly for February if you want, but try working more with imagery (not of African people though) and quotes that represents todays concept of slave labor.

Nov 14, 2013 @ 19:48
yo i work for a graphics company. we vectorize low res images and do some design work if needed and we have experience in screen printing so we know how to set the graphics up perfectly for your shirt printer.. i've done work thats really simple and really complicated. i've even worked with Nike, DC comics and a small job for Marvel. If you up and coming brands need graphics done, PM me. If its simple enough i might do it for free for the first few people just to show you i'm legit.. our prices are reasonable and our work.. well it can speak for itself:

hit me up!!!

http://bakumusa.bigcartel.com/

Nov 14, 2013 @ 23:54
(Invalid img)What do you guys think?

http://thebossapparel.bigcartel.com/
Nov 15, 2013 @ 03:39
Thought I'd drop a teaser of our new caps, Release date coming soon.

www.knownothing.us

www.knownothing.us

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.