Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 26, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
aldezpz

charizard with a cut-in-half lemon for a head?? some of the other designs on your fb page look cool

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it is a charizard with a lemon cut in half for a head haha

ezpz -- man I'm not trying to be a dick but that is horrid. It looks like a pokemon, lemons and a vagina rolled into one... Dude if you can find someone to buy a shirt with that on it, it would be a miracle. Plus the whole swag juice just makes me wanna vomit.

Back to the drawing board it is...

Joey

Thanks for your opinion. Once again, I am on the testing stage so none of these drawings I am planning to make profit off of. Personally, I have seen more bizarre designs than this charizard design sell, but I guess that is a difference of opinion. I drew these designs because I wanted to try out something other than the standard uniform circle designs with the product name followed by "inspirational words" setup that most new brands tend to use.

www.facebook.com/ezpz.co Has my latest designs. Drop a "LIKE" for giveaways. http://ezpz.bigcartel.com Has my latest products

March 26, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
HWYS - Joey

Hey its your brand and you can do anything you want with it. And who knows, there might be a bunch of people waiting for that specific design to be printed on a shirt.

On a separate note, is selling on bigcartel, storenvy and such a good idea or should I consider having the website include our own storefront?

I like the simplicity of storenvy and if I read it correctly there are no setup/mostly fees.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 26, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
Jake Ocean

Hey its your brand and you can do anything you want with it. And who knows, there might be a bunch of people waiting for that specific design to be printed on a shirt.

On a separate note, is selling on bigcartel, storenvy and such a good idea or should I consider having the website include our own storefront?

I like the simplicity of storenvy and if I read it correctly there are no setup/mostly fees.

it all depends on how serious you are on starting a clothing brand. to me , starting a clothing rand doesn't mean just having 4 products on a storeenvy. if that's what you think is starting according brand, you have a lot of thinking to do.
I'm having a full custom website with the shop being hosted on big cartel. ultimately , , it all comes down to how easy you make the shopping experience for your customer.

but there's nothing that bothers me more than "brands" that come out with 4 designs on a big cartel and consider themselves a clothing brand

http://www.distantlight.co

March 26, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
big4slick20

there is a great show on TV about business called Shark Tank... i forget what channel....go on HULU.com and watch a few episodes...

One of the sharks is Damon- Founder of FUBU...he drops some good knowledge once in a while....but listen to Kevin O'Leary..he really sums up the real things you should know about business...any business.

BEST SHOW EVER! SHOUT OUTS TO MR WONDERFUL
March 26, 2012 @ 09:16 PM
HWYS - Joey

it all depends on how serious you are on starting a clothing brand. to me , starting a clothing rand doesn't mean just having 4 products on a storeenvy. if that's what you think is starting according brand, you have a lot of thinking to do.
I'm having a full custom website with the shop being hosted on big cartel. ultimately , , it all comes down to how easy you make the shopping experience for your customer.

but there's nothing that bothers me more than "brands" that come out with 4 designs on a big cartel and consider themselves a clothing brand

Oh believe me I know exactly what you mean. Right now I have about 8 designs done and I still want to add about 4 more. I have to make a couple of calls to setup my 5 panel hat supplier. I have accessories lined up and I want some bags(postman style) I need to inspect before I make a big purchase on them.

I'm also already thinking about the fall/winter stuff and putting a list of items I know I want for then. I want to make this as legit as possible from the get go and provide the best materials and buying experience the customer deserves.

The one thing about storenvy is the simplicity for the buyer and seller and I think if done right, it can look really nice as a storefront.

Tnx for the advice.
Joey

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 26, 2012 @ 09:52 PM
OR NAH

Do you guys got any tips for starting out? Been bored lately always wanted to try to start something figured id try it out, even if it doesnt work it will keep me busy.

Adobe Illustrator for tee graphics correct?

where the azn girls at

March 26, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
stillwild

This is a question I've tossed and turned with, and ultimately, it comes down to where you are with your brand (finances, growth, etc.). I decided to utilize a bigcartel shop, and customize it, although initially I wanted in-site commerce, but always remembers what's in your store is ultimately what's important. If your delivering a solid product, the store influences opinion, but quality is what gets the cards out of their wallets.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

March 27, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
HWYS - Joey

Do you guys got any tips for starting out? Been bored lately always wanted to try to start something figured id try it out, even if it doesnt work it will keep me busy.

Adobe Illustrator for tee graphics correct?

It all depends on the type of graphic and finish you want. I like the vinyl heat process better than the screen-printed one - plus there are a couple more. I'll say go on a t-shirt forum and look around for the type of style you wanna end up with and go from there.

March 27, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
LMCrep

this is false. some of the most successful lines have 3-4 shirt drops. you don't have a clothing line, yet you're sitting here and looking down on others who do? how does that work?
March 27, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
DannyHH

where the hell you guys getting all these cheap prices on printing?
March 27, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
karakter1

bigcartel is a great webstore..no matter how big or small the brand...stay focused on the real things that matter!

http://www.shopundrcrwn.com/ -this is actually hosted on bigcartel...
March 27, 2012 @ 01:14 AM
karakter1

4 tees, graphic tee brand?, clothing brand?....whatever! get it done folks.

dont need 10 designs, cut and sew, hats and stickers to get started!...take your 4 tees, get your local shops to carry them on consignment, throw them joints up on your bigcartel webstore, promote it on facebook and twitter....and build!
March 27, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
HWYS - Joey

4 tees, graphic tee brand?, clothing brand?....whatever! get it done folks.

dont need 10 designs, cut and sew, hats and stickers to get started!...take your 4 tees, get your local shops to carry them on consignment, throw them joints up on your bigcartel webstore, promote it on facebook and twitter....and build!

You are right but if you can wait a bit longer and get your startup correct then do so.
No need to rush a business venture.

March 27, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
chads

I feel in order for a brand to work it needs a reason to exist, and not just because you can use illustrator and want to make some $ from tees. If it's something that you're serious about then it needs to have a foundation that can later be seen as it heritage / history. It requires research, knowledge and passion. The amount of startup brands with weak graphics / imagery that claim they're legit because they detach and sew in their labels or source their screen printing "locally" is unreal.

If you have passion towards your brand and designs that people (not just your Mum) will dig, then GO NUTS!

Wise words. I really wish more people would take this into account.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 27, 2012 @ 02:44 AM
Jake Ocean

Coming out with 4 products on a Bigcartel / storenvy doesn't make you a clothing brand. Say what you want, it isn't a clothing brand.

It be different if you came out with a full website, 4 products, a lookbook, and etc. But if it's just 4 products, you're not.

March 27, 2012 @ 02:45 AM
Jake Ocean

To the guy that mentioned Undrcrown... Undercrowns webstore is just hosted on Bigcartel. They have a full blown website

March 27, 2012 @ 04:04 AM
LMCrep

nm
March 27, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
LMCrep

Coming out with 4 products on a Bigcartel / storenvy doesn't make you a clothing brand. Say what you want, it isn't a clothing brand.

It be different if you came out with a full website, 4 products, a lookbook, and etc. But if it's just 4 products, you're not.

some brands don't have look books. i have no idea what you're talking about. all it takes is one really good design to blow a brand up. just one catchy design that is a proven seller.

like someone already said, just do it. stop worrying about definitions of a brand. because right now, you sound like a hater. don't worry about how many shirts the next guy has. worry about your own product.
March 27, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
DannyHH

some brands don't have look books. i have no idea what you're talking about, but good luck.

i agree, a full website plus a lookbook certifies you as a "clothing brand" ehh
March 27, 2012 @ 04:47 AM
rickylgnds

there's no proven method...you can start with 1 shirt...order 12 sell em and order 24 more...sure it helps but you dont NEED to come out the gate with a full line of clothes, big website, lookbooks and all that

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

March 27, 2012 @ 05:48 AM
HEAVYSET

Heavyset

Check the site & blog

Online store opening 03.30.12

Follow on FB: facebook.com/weareheavyset
Instagram & Twitter: @weareheavyset

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

March 27, 2012 @ 05:52 AM
hypebeast1

Do it because you enjoy what you do.. not because you are after the cash. For us we feel accomplished if we see someone liking & wearing things designed by us. That feeling is a much greater return to us than the monetary means itself; gg.
March 27, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
minsct

Do it because you enjoy what you do.. not because you are after the cash. For us we feel accomplished if we see someone liking & wearing things designed by us. That feeling is a much greater return to us than the monetary means itself; gg.

I appreciate that you keep it real.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

March 27, 2012 @ 06:41 AM
WD.MYLES

Heavyset

Check the site & blog

Previews of your brand looks dope. cant wait to see it

SHOP.WDNATION.COM

March 27, 2012 @ 07:04 AM
kuntakinte

Heavyset

Check the site & blog

digging this shit
March 27, 2012 @ 08:43 AM
streetshark

Heavyset

Check the site & blog

this looks...really fucking cool.

www.wolfpartyusa.com

March 27, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
hiphopbackpacker

Been MIA for a bit...

Hey everyone. I'm from Poche Clothing. I've read everyone's comments and I just want to clear some things up. We don't use Hanes or any cheap brands. We use American Apparel. The main idea of our brand is to show that you can have quality work for less than the cost of brands such as Tantum or Appeal. We're not claiming to be original, just doing it for the love. We are fans of the clothing. Quality comes first for us. Thanks.
March 27, 2012 @ 02:17 PM
karakter1

To the guy that mentioned Undrcrown... Undercrowns webstore is just hosted on Bigcartel. They have a full blown website

yeh..has the same functions as all bigcartel sites...they purchased and added the domain name...but it looks and functions the same as the stores that choose the cheapest options!- compare- http://freshletes.bigcartel.com/ http://www.shopundrcrwn.com/products

no need for anything fancy.
March 27, 2012 @ 02:23 PM
karakter1

starting out with 4 tees on bigcartel means that you are STARTING a clothing brand...nothing wrong with that!

get those tees out, create some buzz, make some sales...then continue to grow!

i think some of you guys are comparing a start up brand to a fully blown established brand........big mistake! For most brands..that started from scratch...fully funded by out of the pockets of the owner...they started with a few tees and some hustle!

don't be fooled fellas.
March 27, 2012 @ 03:00 PM
HEAVYSET

@ WD.MYLES, kuntakinte, streetshark, Thank you. Alot of hard work has gone into this. The full collection will be released this Friday along with our video lookbook.

Until then feel free to follow us and show love. We're always doing the same.
It's all about good people helping good people.

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

Please login first to reply.