Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 25, 2012 @ 12:58 AM
karakter1

http://wearesinkorswim.bigcartel.com/

Dropped our new line 12 hours ago. Everything is almost gone

nice start..PPNP shirt looks good.
March 25, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
karakter1

yeh....a good range for tees is anywhere from $22-32.....starting off, most brands don't usually go over $25...but if they moving at $28...then you good.
March 25, 2012 @ 01:13 AM
chads

yeh....a good range for tees is anywhere from $22-32.....starting off, most brands don't usually go over $25...but if they moving at $28...then you good.

I agree. I would pay $22 max for em but if theres enough demand for him to sell them at $28 go for it.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 25, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
diebolt

Can someone link me to the thread with all the sites that print stickers? I looked but I must just be missing it...

Remain Royal. DieboltClothing + DieboltDesigns.

March 25, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
HWYS - Joey

^^ I would check www.jakprints.com/ they are legit.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 25, 2012 @ 02:16 AM
streetshark

the site is not completely finished yet but close
www.sirois1992.com
my twitter https://twitter.com/Sirois1992
instagram: andysirois
tumblr: http://sirois1992.tumblr.com/

would appreciate any feedback, thanks!!

this is rad

www.wolfpartyusa.com

March 25, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
artistiq

Anybody here start their company with someone in a different state than themselves?
March 25, 2012 @ 04:56 AM
HWYS - Joey

Anybody here start their company with someone in a different state than themselves?

Nothing but a recipe for trouble imho...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 25, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
maxeumanzor

Good game apparel - I see someone wearing your sweater at my school right now. and someone wearing a Mint shirt too. weird haha

Thats super dope to know!!smile Totally made my day.haha
Will definitely let you know if we ever spot someone sporting your gear..;)

This is awesome smile love to hear that both brands are selling.
March 25, 2012 @ 06:17 AM
maxeumanzor

Important question, anyone know a place around the SGV or LA area to get tags for the back done? for the sizes and stuff so i dont have too screen print.
March 25, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
hypebeast1

Important question, anyone know a place around the SGV or LA area to get tags for the back done? for the sizes and stuff so i dont have too screen print.

Dope, u guys from SGV area? We're based in Walnut/Diamond Bar..;) What do you mean by tags for the back? Plz elaborate.
March 25, 2012 @ 06:50 AM
maxeumanzor

yeah half of us are from sgv and our other partner is from Temecula, and for tags i mean like the labels that provide the size and wash materials.
March 25, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
hypebeast1

yeah half of us are from sgv and our other partner is from Temecula, and for tags i mean like the labels that provide the size and wash materials.

We get our tags done overseas.. price is pretty reasonable/fast shipping & they have great customer service. If you are interested private msg us.
March 25, 2012 @ 04:54 PM
justinsos

Your product is really expensive considering you are a start up brand and don't even have your own tags but if you can sell it I guess it doesn't matter.

Yeah I sold 80% of the line yesterday haha. I'm pretty established in my area. But if I was new I'd agreesmile

Thanks dude! And they move at 28 pretty quick. Thanks for the feed back guys.

nice start..PPNP shirt looks good.

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

March 25, 2012 @ 06:38 PM
sirloin

the site is not completely finished yet but close
www.sirois1992.com
my twitter https://twitter.com/Sirois1992
instagram: andysirois
tumblr: http://sirois1992.tumblr.com/

would appreciate any feedback, thanks!!

This is sick, and coming from my city lol. Too dope
March 25, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
supdardel

<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/andy/' rel='nofollow'>@Andy</a>, too legit man.
March 26, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
jaystillidie

This thread has been very informative, awesome information its much appreciated. Wanted to get your input on these designs I'm working on, nothing has been printed yet, as i still feel they are still missing something, but its a start.. any criticism is appreciated.
Im still toying with the border or nor border so nothing is completely finished.

March 26, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
aldezpz

If anyone is feeling generous and would like to share some sources, please pm me.

How does this sound for my first order of shirts?
100 shirts
tags for each shirt
bottom hems for each shirt
poly bagging for each shirt

= 8.20 per shirt.

expensive as fuck. why dont you just order the shirts are poly bag and tag them your self? it isn't hard to do at all, get a friend or two that can sew and buy some pizza and you can get that shit finished in less than two hours

your spending close to $1000 dollars and thats just one batch of shirts.

Shit there making money off you haha.

Does that include shipping? What about duty fees? Whats the turn around time? Do you get samples? What kind of blanks are they using?

Well, it was just a quote, so thanks for letting me know.

It does include shipping. 10-15 business days + shipping time is the turnaround time. Yes to samples. Alstyle 5301. The actual shirts + printing is about 5.50 a shirt.
tag removal is 30 cents a shirt
tag printing is 60 cents a shit
bottom hems is 70 cents a shirt (+ 40 cents for each tag to be made)
and bagging is 70 cents a shirt

We basically wanted to see what theyd charge to do absolutely everything. I think we're going to just have them give us the printed shirts + screen print the tags on the neck without removing the alstyle tags(if they will do that) Then we will just remove those tags ourselves. Order the bottom hems from somewhere and just sew those on ourselves, I do own a sewing machine. And then we can just bag that shit ourselves because bagging for 70 cents a shirt is a lot.. Anybody know where to order bags from though?

We should be able to get everything for around 7 bucks a shirt then. Is that still too much even if we have our own tags printed, bottom hem tags, + bagging?

Ya thats understandable man.

Hmm that doesnt seem to bad, where are they getting printed/made? Cus duty fees might kill you... Do you have all the info you need on your own tags? like a CA number? Does it meet the textile regulations for languages and washing instructions?

Umm just off the top of my head, the alstyle 5301's should have their easy tag removal.. so you can just pull it out. no point in paying someone to do it.
And ya that bagging price is huge haha. i get mine folded and bagged for free.

7 bucks a shirt isnt too bad for a run of 100 in the end. Especially if it has all these details. what are you planning to sell for? online and/or in stores?

*Edited a few words cus im mad tired and dont make any sense haha

I'm new to this so sorry if I sound really inexperienced (which I am haha). OH man wtf only $7 bucks a shirt for tag relabel, printed on a shirt, and shipped to you?! How many did you order to get that rate? I live in Canada, ordered my first batch of shirts (only 24, which explains why it is a bit overpriced per shirt but why is it THAT cheap for youconfused with a logo plastisol screenprinted in the front and ended up paying $14.70 a shirt!! and it was just the Alstyle 1701 with one design in the front.. no tag relabel or anything (the price includes shipping etc.)

Where are you guys managing to get this amazing rates??

P.S: again. i am a big nub when it comes to printing shirts *sigh*..

www.facebook.com/ezpz.co Has my latest designs. Drop a "LIKE" for giveaways. http://ezpz.bigcartel.com Has my latest products

March 26, 2012 @ 08:42 AM
Damon Nash

This thread has been very informative, awesome information its much appreciated. Wanted to get your input on these designs I'm working on, nothing has been printed yet, as i still feel they are still missing something, but its a start.. any criticism is appreciated.
Im still toying with the border or nor border so nothing is completely finished.

Pretty solid. They kind of look more like beer bottle logo's than shirt designs if you know what i mean. I kind of like substance in the tee's i wear though - just a matter of personal taste. By substance i mean something that makes you think, be it intellectually, humorously, etc. not just a name and a motto. That's just me though.

http://damonnash.bandcamp.com/album/interim-ep http://soundcloud.com/damon-nash

March 26, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
karakter1

Hey Jay...not a bad start, but if you are going to do this type of tee, you need to become a student of fonts and how they work best...flip through a bunch of magazines...check out movie and concert posters, pic up some good design books, and study other good designers!!!

your text is poorly spaced...the curved text is hard to read, try to vary the fonts so they compliment each other....
you will figure it out!...good luck

these are a couple examples of solid graphics with good text application...very balanced...check out Crooks, 10deep, Benny Gold...they have solid text tees. ( im not saying copy......study the basics of solid design elements)
March 26, 2012 @ 01:20 PM
HWYS - Joey

I agree with Karakter1 when it comes to your choice of fonts and spacing -- you got way too much happening at the same time...

My first question is, what's the name of the brand?
The gifters, le don, master craftsmen??? All of those words are pulling the viewers attention and are fighting for it at the same time. With all of that happening there is no continuity to the words and if there was a message, it would get lost within the shirt.

Good luck with the project nonetheless.
Joey

March 26, 2012 @ 02:01 PM
jaystillidie

Awesome! thanks, exactly what I needed, I will rework and repost..

Name of the brand is:
The Great n Gifted..
I don't want to cut corners with quality, so I'm working this through.. Slowly but passionately..
March 26, 2012 @ 03:12 PM
JMMD1990

I feel in order for a brand to work it needs a reason to exist, and not just because you can use illustrator and want to make some $ from tees. If it's something that you're serious about then it needs to have a foundation that can later be seen as it heritage / history. It requires research, knowledge and passion. The amount of startup brands with weak graphics / imagery that claim they're legit because they detach and sew in their labels or source their screen printing "locally" is unreal.

If you have passion towards your brand and designs that people (not just your Mum) will dig, then GO NUTS!

WTB Supreme Navy Torch Camp

March 26, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
HWYS - Joey

Awesome! thanks, exactly what I needed, I will rework and repost..

Name of the brand is:
The Great n Gifted..
I don't want to cut corners with quality, so I'm working this through.. Slowly but passionately..

Cool name and the right mentality.
Keep us posted.

Joey

March 26, 2012 @ 03:20 PM
HWYS - Joey

I feel in order for a brand to work it needs a reason to exist, and not just because you can use illustrator and want to make some $ from tees. If it's something that you're serious about then it needs to have a foundation that can later be seen as it heritage / history. It requires research, knowledge and passion. The amount of startup brands with weak graphics / imagery that claim they're legit because they detach and sew in their labels or source their screen printing "locally" is unreal.

If you have passion towards your brand and designs that people (not just your Mum) will dig, then GO NUTS!

That's 100% correct. Anyone can put a design together and send it out to get printed, but like you just mentioned, it all cones down to the amount of Passion the person behind the design has for the product.

Anyone wanting to get into this type of business should def remember that.

March 26, 2012 @ 05:41 PM
karakter1

there is a great show on TV about business called Shark Tank... i forget what channel....go on HULU.com and watch a few episodes...

One of the sharks is Damon- Founder of FUBU...he drops some good knowledge once in a while....but listen to Kevin O'Leary..he really sums up the real things you should know about business...any business.
March 26, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
aldezpz

http://www.facebook.com/ezpz.co

Been drawing some designs lately, I wanted to print this on a shirt, but I felt it would be too "kid-ish". Opinions?? smile

Also, I scanned the picture at a low DPI so sorry if its a bit pixelated. I can scan it higher DPI next time

One more thing, if you wanna see some more pics check out: http://www.facebook.com/ezpz.co the picture has lemons because my motto is "Easy peasy lemon squeezy". If your feeling nice, go ahead and "LIKE" the page.. It would mean worlds too me + I'll be having some giveaways soon since I printed my first batch of shirts a week ago.

www.facebook.com/ezpz.co Has my latest designs. Drop a "LIKE" for giveaways. http://ezpz.bigcartel.com Has my latest products

March 26, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
streetshark

A lot of you guys pay way too much for printing

www.wolfpartyusa.com

March 26, 2012 @ 06:33 PM
rickylgnds

charizard with a cut-in-half lemon for a head?? some of the other designs on your fb page look cool

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

March 26, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
HWYS - Joey

ezpz -- man I'm not trying to be a dick but that is horrid. It looks like a pokemon, lemons and a vagina rolled into one... Dude if you can find someone to buy a shirt with that on it, it would be a miracle. Plus the whole swag juice just makes me wanna vomit.

Back to the drawing board it is...

Joey

Please login first to reply.