September 7, 2013 @ 03:49 PM
Ambessa

I have started up my own Independent Clothing Retailer, I am looking for fresh new independent brands, If there are people out there interested, drop us an email on our contact form.

Please have a look around the site, we are still looking for bloggers too.   

http://www.premindependentclothing.co.uk/
The first shit I clicked on has this garbage. The description threw me off, is this a joke lol?
wow.... that's awful. How do you get Jimi Hendrix & Bob Marley mixed up? and the description of the shirt says "John Marley"? 

AmbessaDC.com IG: @ambessadc Twitter: @ambessadc

September 7, 2013 @ 04:03 PM
KENNY_POWERS

Mission statements, brand backgrounds or any other reasoning should be if done.. stay under 2 sentences. People are getting way into their brand backgrounds when a lot of it is bullshit mumbling. Keep it short and sweet no one wants to know why your brand is going to change the world. Product > words.
in regards to my explanation of my brand, i have a one sentence description if that on my site, but when some people mock it and dont understand sometimes it's necessary to explain a little further, maybe?
I wasn't even talking about your brand but when I went to go check your about page on your site it seemed short, a little complex but to the point. I was talking more about people that write a paragraph and have this insane background when in reality anyone that sees your shirt in this market will not be asking the definition of the shirt and how it came about. I like your brand by the way, it sends me back to 1995 for some reason lol, which I love. Not sure if the 90s were an influence but your layout and typography on the shirt puts me in a good place. One thing though.. your website is super crazy busy. Not an expert but i have been a web designer for 8 years in various agencies and a couple little things that could help you out. Just my opinion if you don't mind.
-the homepage- way too busy, its actually overwhelming to a point where I start to panic lol.
                      - get rid of all those tumblr, instagram, google + avatars. Use their already made icons for those media platforms either at the top or bottom of the page. They are kind of a distraction. Especially since they are posted twice in the middle and the top right hand corner
                      - Try to focus on one or two large high resolution pictures on your homepage for your clothing. THATS IT, being simple is easy and rememberable and for a website that is good! 
                      - That awful serif font which looks like typewriter. It seems to get lost throughout the page. Try using a bolder san serif font which has a cleaner look and catches the eye more when put with images. 

-really just try to stay away from clutter, just because its more doesn't mean it's better. 

Not trying to pick at your site just giving some feedback to a brand I am really digging. Love your shirts and all the best luck to you and your brand!!

For the record you mentioned some one mocking or not understanding your brand.... then your brand is not for them. On to the next one!
September 7, 2013 @ 04:20 PM
FirstTwelve

September 7, 2013 @ 04:26 PM
FirstTwelve

Mission statements, brand backgrounds or any other reasoning should be if done.. stay under 2 sentences. People are getting way into their brand backgrounds when a lot of it is bullshit mumbling. Keep it short and sweet no one wants to know why your brand is going to change the world. Product > words.
in regards to my explanation of my brand, i have a one sentence description if that on my site, but when some people mock it and dont understand sometimes it's necessary to explain a little further, maybe?
I wasn't even talking about your brand but when I went to go check your about page on your site it seemed short, a little complex but to the point. I was talking more about people that write a paragraph and have this insane background when in reality anyone that sees your shirt in this market will not be asking the definition of the shirt and how it came about. I like your brand by the way, it sends me back to 1995 for some reason lol, which I love. Not sure if the 90s were an influence but your layout and typography on the shirt puts me in a good place. One thing though.. your website is super crazy busy. Not an expert but i have been a web designer for 8 years in various agencies and a couple little things that could help you out. Just my opinion if you don't mind.
-the homepage- way too busy, its actually overwhelming to a point where I start to panic lol.
                      - get rid of all those tumblr, instagram, google + avatars. Use their already made icons for those media platforms either at the top or bottom of the page. They are kind of a distraction. Especially since they are posted twice in the middle and the top right hand corner
                      - Try to focus on one or two large high resolution pictures on your homepage for your clothing. THATS IT, being simple is easy and rememberable and for a website that is good! 
                      - That awful serif font which looks like typewriter. It seems to get lost throughout the page. Try using a bolder san serif font which has a cleaner look and catches the eye more when put with images. 

-really just try to stay away from clutter, just because its more doesn't mean it's better. 

Not trying to pick at your site just giving some feedback to a brand I am really digging. Love your shirts and all the best luck to you and your brand!!

For the record you mentioned some one mocking or not understanding your brand.... then your brand is not for them. On to the next one!
i really appreciate your feedback, educated and helpful! i understand what you're saying i originally had it simplified but i wanted to go for a street magazine composition, Or if you've read a journal/gazette sometimes the templates are super busy with ads and different sections and stories where you really have to investigate each page, I like that idea, but you're right i could definitely clean it up a bit and maybe achieve that same effect, i have no background in web design, just learning on the job haha Thanks again for the help and support!
September 7, 2013 @ 07:42 PM
RectBySovl

I know ive posted a lot about SS and shit on here, but other than launching our official website we will also be have magazine prints.

Our thing is to help a lot of upcoming and put them in the spotlight, but other than working with upcoming brands we want to work with upcoming artist. Whether they rap. photograph, paint, or whatever the fuck they do. We also want to work with somewhat bigger brands, which will also help younger brands in the sense of if someone buys an issue because a certain big brand is on it, theyll see your brand, your photography, or your art.

This was a sample i did, it was an 8 page spread, and Shane from Stay Dirty let me use his visuals for the Gaws collab. The actual magazine print will be utpto 26 pages. it will go up in time.

We are in the process of putting all these artist, brands photographers etc on these prints together to make our first official issue. If you or someone you know is interested feel free to email me: strictlystreetmag@gmail.com

http://instagram.com/strictlystreet https://twitter.com/strictlyxstreet

September 7, 2013 @ 08:34 PM
chads

The first shit I clicked on has this garbage. The description threw me off, is this a joke lol?
wow.... that's awful. How do you get Jimi Hendrix & Bob Marley mixed up? and the description of the shirt says "John Marley"? 
Lol its clearly a fucking joke, they aren't dumb. The tee is funny because it says Bob Marley but its clearly Jimi Hendrix, its supposed to be humorous and make fun of society's obsession with Marley despite most peoples lack of knowledge of him or his music. I personally love it, wouldn't buy it but love it.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

September 7, 2013 @ 08:41 PM
cutthroat

we only got 1 tee up right now, the rest should be up this week, give us some feedback. thanks.
http://onlyfortheholy.bigcartel.com/
September 8, 2013 @ 01:01 AM
GoonIndividual

Started a project named Goon. Always enjoyed drawing and eventually got involved into a good amount of graffiti in my teens.  Aside from art I've always loved fashion and nice clean design. So I used what I knew to start this project with just stacks of old drawings and Adobe Illustrator. As for the name I chose Goon because its a slang term i've always used around friends and I was attracted to the idea of what a Goon represented. Someone who works hard at what they are good at so they can make ends meet. So far I have only produced 2 T's. I started with black and white out of necessity and I plan on branching out to the full color spectrum eventually. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://goonbrand.bigcartel.com/
September 8, 2013 @ 03:35 AM
qrct1

Started a project named Goon. Always enjoyed drawing and eventually got involved into a good amount of graffiti in my teens.  Aside from art I've always loved fashion and nice clean design. So I used what I knew to start this project with just stacks of old drawings and Adobe Illustrator. As for the name I chose Goon because its a slang term i've always used around friends and I was attracted to the idea of what a Goon represented. Someone who works hard at what they are good at so they can make ends meet. So far I have only produced 2 T's. I started with black and white out of necessity and I plan on branching out to the full color spectrum eventually. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://goonbrand.bigcartel.com/
good job

aeterna13.com

September 8, 2013 @ 04:07 AM
YOSOY Co.

just got some stickers in ... thrown in with each order 

yosoy.bigcartel.com

September 8, 2013 @ 09:09 AM
lstplcwnr

I heavily fuck with that Goon shit up there. keep at it.

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

September 8, 2013 @ 06:49 PM
al dente co.

Logo T 
Hand to Hand distribution only -- before I release the collection 

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 8, 2013 @ 09:15 PM
cityofsavages

just got some stickers in ... thrown in with each order 

like the round stickers, the rectangle ones not so much.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 8, 2013 @ 09:43 PM
cityofsavages

"Most Young Kings Get Their Heads Cut Off..." Hoodies coming this week to http://shop.thecityofsavages.com/

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 9, 2013 @ 02:44 AM
deewhit

I just got finished cleaning up my website to get ready for a fall line, I was aiming for simplicity and i think it looks a whole lot better than before. Tell me what you guys think. Also made an insta, its @luxurysupply
 luxury-supply.com
luxury-supply.com
luxury-supply.com

luxury-supply.com

September 9, 2013 @ 04:14 AM
cmpndist

some dope brands here and some need some more experience
September 9, 2013 @ 04:18 AM
cmpndist

check out my instagram and my link is in my bio
insta: @cmpnd_mmx
September 9, 2013 @ 04:24 AM
cmpndist

s/o to all the brands who bite everyone elses steez and cant come up with something original..we don't need another BlackScale, En Noir or Givenchy
September 9, 2013 @ 05:25 AM
AndyRocksBluu

s/o to all the brands who bite everyone elses steez and cant come up with something original..we don't need another BlackScale, En Noir or Givenchy
This made me laugh lol

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

September 9, 2013 @ 05:27 AM
gxldstoresupply

gxldstoresupply.storenvy.com
Promote…I need sum feedback before i release….
September 9, 2013 @ 05:28 AM
gxldstoresupply

Who knows the best way to convert a file to .dst for embroidery???
September 9, 2013 @ 06:19 AM
jaemz

Your background for your website gave me a seizure. 
September 9, 2013 @ 02:46 PM
bulmasaur

yo any of you guys located in LA, Boston, or NY? my company is conducting an online board paying $150. one of the topics is fashion and anyone with a brand would qualify. Hit me up if interested.
September 9, 2013 @ 04:40 PM
gxldstoresupply

Your background for your website gave me a seizure. 
lmao i thought it would
September 9, 2013 @ 04:47 PM
gxldstoresupply

Y'all are sum picky muhfuckas
September 9, 2013 @ 07:12 PM
RectBySovl

Who knows the best way to convert a file to .dst for embroidery???
id suggest just paying someone to do it, its pretty cheap or if youre lucky and find a good hat mfg/store that specifically only does headwear im sure theyll do it for you

http://instagram.com/strictlystreet https://twitter.com/strictlyxstreet

September 9, 2013 @ 07:29 PM
tuananhle

I plan on starting my own brand and I'm going to name it "Blurrgundy"
I want to know if this name sounds good or not?
and at the moment i only plan to do t-shirts, so i was wondering if only of you guys can like give me any idea of how the logo can look like?

September 9, 2013 @ 07:41 PM
reggendary

I plan on starting my own brand and I'm going to name it "Blurrgundy"
I want to know if this name sounds good or not?
and at the moment i only plan to do t-shirts, so i was wondering if only of you guys can like give me any idea of how the logo can look like?

no ones doing your work for you, designing the logo is like the whole creative part

Feeling like Bishop from Juice

September 9, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
minsct

Our New Peace Capsule collection launches tonight at 6 PM PST. - www.minsct.com

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

September 10, 2013 @ 12:51 PM
casein_point

Our New Peace Capsule collection launches tonight at 6 PM PST. - www.minsct.com

I like the direction you guys are headed in man. I'm not really diggin the first one but I like that tribal girl on quite a bit and the second one isn't bad. I've seen quite a bit of progression from you guys, keep grinding.

Please login first to reply.