Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 23, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
chads

i dont get you....you trash everyone on here for unoriginal designs....but if its from a brand you like...its cool.

We are all in this for the same cause and to be successful but there are some that are just going about it all wrong.

no beef chad....but i post here to dispel the myth about your particular atheistic taste/ methods/ reasoning about product , design, brand development.....being the"right way" to go about having a successful independent brand.

there are many ways to make a good brand.

you said that you can save someone the trouble of printing a design that you believe people wont like?

none of us, can judge whether a particular design will sell well or not!

im talking from experience and knowledge in independent brand sales.

Alright karakter. You got me on this one; I can agree with this. I just wanted to display my opinion like everyone else.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 23, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
karakter1

i remember this tee from a young start up brand Capital.....specialized in kinda sports and sneaker culture tees.
not great...not extremely creative...not hand drawn fonts....dont print? be more creative? same the trouble and scrap it?
this tee went on to be the #1 seller on a huge webstore, gain tons of press for them, land them plenty of accounts, and help launch their brand........once you find the target market...( which may not be YOU!!!!!!!!...or your friends...or the people who post on your favorite websites) , the sales...(the consumer) will be the indication on whether the design is worth printing!
March 23, 2012 @ 02:27 AM
MXRKT

"its business doing pleasure"

karakter1

i dont get you....you trash everyone on here for unoriginal designs....but if its from a brand you like...its cool.

We are all in this for the same cause and to be successful but there are some that are just going about it all wrong.

no beef chad....but i post here to dispel the myth about your particular atheistic taste/ methods/ reasoning about product , design, brand development.....being the"right way" to go about having a successful independent brand.

there are many ways to make a good brand.

you said that you can save someone the trouble of printing a design that you believe people wont like?

none of us, can judge whether a particular design will sell well or not!

im talking from experience and knowledge in independent brand sales.

Alright karakter. You got me on this one; I can agree with this. I just wanted to display my opinion like everyone else.

hahaha....i agree with you too...alot of the stuff is terrible! but you would be surprised.....through my work over the years, ive seen soo much crap from major companies/ established brands/ start up............

you are absolutely right though. at this level...the focus should be fundamentally sound graphic composition and a genuine love for what you do.

from my perspective....i see a design (terrible or not...because alot of this stuff from popular brands are terrible) and the first thing that comes to mind for me is..."hmm i know a few stores that would carry this"..." this could sell well"

i apologize.
HWYS - Joey

I think chadacadabra has a point and at the same time so do you karacter1...

From my understanding, chadacadabra is simply stating that La Poche rip'd off a design that has been done many times before and therefor shouldn't be consider a brand worth buying. On the other hand, karacter1 points out that many big brands(now) started off with somewhat shit designs and in that regards, you can't count La Poche out, since all they need is for a customer base to continue growing. Am I correct?

If so, I think you both have a point and by voicing your opinion you give La Poche an understanding of both sides of the coin. Now question is, karacter1 would you buy La Poche's product?

Joey

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 23, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
welchy3

March 23, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
karakter1

We're a company based out in orlando.. looking for some feed back lemme know what u guys think.

welcome..post a pic or a link!
March 23, 2012 @ 02:35 AM
MXRKT

sorry..

"its business doing pleasure"

March 23, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
Jake Ocean

sorry..

One word. Unoriginal.

http://www.distantlight.co

March 23, 2012 @ 02:46 AM
karakter1

From my understanding, chadacadabra is simply stating that La Poche rip'd off a design that has been done many times before and therefor shouldn't be consider a brand worth buying. On the other hand, karacter1 points out that many big brands(now) started off with somewhat shit designs and in that regards, you can't count La Poche out, since all they need is for a customer base to continue growing. Am I correct?

If so, I think you both have a point and by voicing your opinion you give La Poche an understanding of both sides of the coin. Now question is, karacter1 would you buy La Poche's product?

Joey

you are correct...that is exactly what i was saying....but in regards to your summary of chad, the phrase " shouldn't be considered a brand worth buying".....that is the mentality that is wrong. Our consideration is irrelevant! There is room for as many brands that want to have pocket animal prints..as the consumer decides!

if i walked into ...lets say Reed Space, and i saw that crew...and liked it...sure i would buy it.....ive seen it a few times, but cant really tell you the name of a particular brand that made these first.

but personally...its not my style
March 23, 2012 @ 02:52 AM
HWYS - Joey

On another note, my stickers came in today..

Not trying to be a dick but the "sides" of your D are off. Meaning the angles in which the letter reflects the 3d effect. From the pic I think you're trying to portray the D as if it was being seen the from a bottom angle. If so, then you need the "sides/shadow/yellowdot area" to angle out.. Kinda like the letter "O" in the pic but with a smaller/shorter 3d effect.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 23, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
HWYS - Joey

Joey

...but in regards to your summary of chad, the phrase " shouldn't be considered a brand worth buying".....that is the mentality that is wrong. Our consideration is irrelevant!

Actually our considerations -- yours, chad's, mine and everyone else reading this -- are all relevant because we are the people they are targeting. We all 3 have said we wouldn't buy the product, so that should be a wake up call for them to maybe switch their strategy and come up with something else.

Joey

March 23, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
Broken Bank Clo

joey I was going to say the same thing about Jake logo but after looking @ it I think he did it that way for a reason. I may or may not be wrong but I think he incorporated the L and the D together. That's why he made 2 different shadow affects. It is kind of confusing though and does make it look a little less "eye appealing" but I can see what he was trying to do.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 23, 2012 @ 05:28 AM
slvtlife

Thought I'd chime in again and update what's goin on for me. Made up this chop and will seal every order that ships out. I'm gonna enjoy this smile

Great idea, people love it. I have been using the same technique for about a year now on one of my products and get a great reception. Are you hand dripping the wax for each order? Make sure you use authentic sealing wax, for the best quality.

I am trying to gauge interest to see if there is a market for blank Japanese Loopwheel Cotton sweatshirts and hoodies for the Fall/Winter 2012? I am currently designing my line and will have a few bolt of excess loopwheel and wanted to see if was worth it to produce blanks for the up and coming lines for better quality.

hey man! I am using the sealing wax, and yup, I'm hand dripping them for each order smile I think I'll need to buy a few more sticks as back up they burn through quick haha smile

Creative/Founder www.slvtlife.com / www.facebook.com/slvtlife

March 23, 2012 @ 06:06 AM
hypebeast1

Have been reading all the arguments here in this thread. We have to say that as long as you've found your Specific market, you product will sell. A good marketing will sell ANYTHING (ie: snuggie/multi-million dollar business of selling a blanket). Ppl buy snuggie just for a "laugh"..but who gets the last laugh? The Snuggie company. Anyone know whats the FIRST Thing ever sold on EBAY? A broken lazer pointer..and yes, someone bought it, for FOURTEEN BUCKS. You may think c'mon foreals?! Yes, its real. What consumers are looking for are very subjective and one cannot speak for all. If your stuff sells/not sells..it has its own reason. Your sales number is ur best indicator. When we first started out back in Dec11' we only had a 2 logo shirts, 1 typeface tee, and one simple graphic shirt, which drawn some criticism on this forum about the 'originality'/uncreative design issue that they felt about our shirts. However, as we rolled out more new designs (actual design,not typeface), we start getting more good feedback from offline sales at our vendor events (our target is mainly the dance scene/hiphop culture). Sales speaks for itself, and we sold a lot of our new releases. We had better luck selling our merchandise offline compare to online because we display the product in front of the eyes of our target audience. Consumer can Touch/Feel/See the product themselves, and thats one upper hand you get with offline sales over online (our 2cent if you haven't tried offline sale before, should definitely give it a shot.) Therefore, one cannot jump into conclusion and judge a new brand will never grow based on only a few shirts they just launched (I would assume most new brands launch with 1 or 2 logo tees to market itself with a limited start out budget). Every brand have room to improve as they progress/learn. We feel that ppl should wait to see a greater picture of what the brand has to offer after a few releases, then give its opinions about the products. There are also a lot of hate/negative tees out there and our brand is doing the opposite of that. Not saying our brand has the dopest stuff out there but we know our purpose/market and is working towards it. Just our input after reading all the endless arguments above; gg.

www.gg-apparel.com
:::What's Your Game?:::
March 23, 2012 @ 10:46 AM
karakter1

Hey Joey..

we have many types of consumers on here and its no way of telling who likes the style of clothes that a brand makes.

GG clothing is targeted more towards dance/hip hop culture crowd.....im sure they would get a better indication of how sales might go if they reached out to that audience...

a brand might have a strong emphasis on sports- if im not really into sports tess...then im not really the target audience for that brand...and my opinion is really irrelevant to you

a brand might have a strong emphasis on sneaker culture designs....i might HATE sneaker related tees...and leave negative feedback on every post about them...but im not really the proper audience that would give that brand the right feedback.... take the tee to Sneaker Con..and it may sell out, get you press on the sneaker head blogs and get you 5 stores.

so we are not necessarily the target market for every brand!
March 23, 2012 @ 11:27 AM
HWYS - Joey

Hey Joey..

we have many types of consumers on here and its no way of telling who likes the style of clothes that a brand makes.

GG clothing is targeted more towards dance/hip hop culture crowd.....im sure they would get a better indication of how sales might go if they reached out to that audience...

a brand might have a strong emphasis on sports- if im not really into sports tess...then im not really the target audience for that brand...and my opinion is really irrelevant to you

a brand might have a strong emphasis on sneaker culture designs....i might HATE sneaker related tees...and leave negative feedback on every post about them...but im not really the proper audience that would give that brand the right feedback.... take the tee to Sneaker Con..and it may sell out, get you press on the sneaker head blogs and get you 5 stores.

so we are not necessarily the target market for every brand!

You do got a point about the different types of HB forum members and at the end La Poche will know if they are targeting the right people by their numbers -- good luck to them.

March 23, 2012 @ 11:29 AM
HWYS - Joey

joey I was going to say the same thing about Jake logo but after looking @ it I think he did it that way for a reason. I may or may not be wrong but I think he incorporated the L and the D together. That's why he made 2 different shadow affects. It is kind of confusing though and does make it look a little less "eye appealing" but I can see what he was trying to do.

Dude I don't see an L anywhere in that logo... So if that was his idea he didn't make it work.

March 23, 2012 @ 02:04 PM
Jake Ocean

The D works completely fine. We tried it the other way, but it just didn't look that good.
I dont understand how it's confusing though, maybe if you just looked at the design it wouldnt be..

March 23, 2012 @ 03:25 PM
rickylgnds

the stickers do look nice but i only see what you were trying to do after you explained it...i thought the perspective looked off too

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

March 23, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
Warped561

Got my loopwheel cotton swatches in from Japan this morning, thank you Fedex! Gonna be a long weekend choosing material.
March 23, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
Broken Bank Clo

So there is no L in the D??

Now I am lost in the blocking/3D effect as well.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 23, 2012 @ 06:28 PM
HWYS - Joey

The D works completely fine. We tried it the other way, but it just didn't look that good.
I dont understand how it's confusing though, maybe if you just looked at the design it wouldnt be..

Dude the 3d effect on the D is off/wrong. The lower-left corner should not be horizontal it should be at an angle. The other side(right lower) you could probably get away with it as it is right now, but if you wanted to make it correct, it would also need to be angled... Sorry but your geometry is off.

I still like the stuff you been promo'n so I'm not hating on the brand, just constructive criticism
Good luck amigo!

Joey

March 23, 2012 @ 07:43 PM
Jake Ocean

Good game apparel - I see someone wearing your sweater at my school right now. and someone wearing a Mint shirt too. weird haha

March 23, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
hypebeast1

Good game apparel - I see someone wearing your sweater at my school right now. and someone wearing a Mint shirt too. weird haha

Thats super dope to know!!smile Totally made my day.haha
Will definitely let you know if we ever spot someone sporting your gear..;)
March 23, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
Jake Ocean

Haha forsure. So weird seeing two brands on the forums here, standing right next to eachother. Product looked pretty cool in person too

March 24, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
AAAAAAA

[I
March 24, 2012 @ 02:26 AM
chads

^This is really cool! I dig your art and it is certainty very original. Props. My only suggestion is to get a different tumblr theme other than minimal. It is very recognizable and doesn't show the creativity of your work.
Otherwise, Props!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 24, 2012 @ 03:01 AM
AAAAAAA

^This is really cool! I dig your art and it is certainty very original. Props. My only suggestion is to get a different tumblr theme other than minimal. It is very recognizable and doesn't show the creativity of your work.
Otherwise, Props!

thanks! any suggestion for a theme that would be good? i like simple ones
March 24, 2012 @ 04:58 AM
chads

<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/andy/' rel='nofollow'>@andy</a> I can't remember what its called but the theme on thebackyardusa.tumblr.com and winwel.tumblr.com is really clean and fairly unrecognizable and has more customization options.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.