March 22, 2012 @ 04:52 PM
chads

New brand out in the Bay Area going about the pocket game. Pocket crewneck's available now!

http://pocheclothing.bigcartel.com/

Yay! Another trend hopping brand!
Edit: Because we really need more of those

that is up to the consumer to decide!
no need for the hate.

If people like it, thats all good but I cannot tell you how many tees/crews I've seen that have a leopard print pocket.
Plus, its another one of those passing trends that someone came up with that was cool but now we have a huge abundance of people who buy hanes crews and some fabric and sew it on there with no knowledge of the craftsmanship that actually goes into garment.
All I'm saying is that its nothing new or original and there was not skill nor creativity to craft this 'brand' but if people cop, good for the owner.
Theres my reason for the hate and heavy sarcasm.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 22, 2012 @ 05:01 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I'd love to know what you guys think

www.talltaletribe.com

ENJOY THE RAY

My question why do you have separate pictures for the front and the back of the T shirts?
Makes it look like you have more shirts then you really do...

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 22, 2012 @ 05:11 PM
karakter1

I'd love to know what you guys think
[/img]

www.talltaletribe.com

ENJOY THE RAY

a little hard to see the full tee from your album...great start with the stockist!
March 22, 2012 @ 05:33 PM
karakter1

New brand out in the Bay Area going about the pocket game. Pocket crewneck's available now!

http://pocheclothing.bigcartel.com/

Yay! Another trend hopping brand!
Edit: Because we really need more of those

that is up to the consumer to decide!
no need for the hate.

If people like it, thats all good.

this^^
March 22, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
karakter1

show some examples of the knowledge , craftsmanship and creativity....instead of the hate and sarcasm!
it would probably help more.
March 22, 2012 @ 06:16 PM
karakter1

im sure you guys are familiar with Only NY...a fairly new brand...i remember when they started with a few simple tees...nothing really new, groundbreaking or really creative! i was not a fan.

they went for it, and made a pretty successful brand for themselves, reached a level that im sure all up coming brands would love to experience. Im not sure what my crit of these tees would have been.....but it would be irrelevant, because they found a market for it and found success.
March 22, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
minsct

im sure you guys are familiar with Only NY...a fairly new brand...i remember when they started with a few simple tees...nothing really new, groundbreaking or really creative! i was not a fan.

they went for it, and made a pretty successful brand for themselves, reached a level that im sure all up coming brands would love to experience. Im not sure what my crit of these tees would have been.....but it would be irrelevant, because they found a market for it and found success.

ONLY NY is successful in my opinion because they have outstanding quality and manufacturing. Their stuff is simple, yes, but all the materials they use for hats/hoodies are very detailed and of the utmost quality. Another thing I want to point out about ONLY NY is that the co-owner and designer Micah HAND-DRAWS all their fonts/designs from scratch. Their shit is clean and simple but WITH amazing color palletes, something most people think they can manage, but really can't.

And thats the reality folks.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

March 22, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
karakter1

here is another example.

this tee is unoriginal, uncreative, and im not a fan of it. If it were posted here first to receive a crit, im sure ( based on what most people on here already say) the response would be , not to print it!

they did, and received an amazing level of success also, and a huge stockist.

once they found the target market, they were able to excel....despite me and you not liking it!
March 22, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
karakter1

no matter how much you "LIKE"...or dislike a design/brand......the only real indication of whether it is good or bad....is the sale of it!

ive had many tee designs that i like more than others.....but the true test of its success is always the consumer.

thats the reality folks!
March 22, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
karakter1

ONLY NY is successful in my opinion because they have outstanding quality and manufacturing. Their stuff is simple, yes, but all the materials they use for hats/hoodies are very detailed and of the utmost quality. Another thing I want to point out about ONLY NY is that the co-owner and designer Micah HAND-DRAWS all their fonts/designs from scratch. Their shit is clean and simple but WITH amazing color palletes, something most people think they can manage, but really can't.

this really does not hold tru for most.......if you have an design that is nothing really new, groundbreaking or really creative....throw it on a cut and sew tee and make a great color palette....would you suggest that?
March 22, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
chads

I really don't think you can compare Only and La Poche. Only's product is some the the original and new designs there are. They don't follow trends, they make what they honestly like and hope that other people feel the same. In addition, you chose two of their very new tees and very simple tees. Yes they are just fonts on a cotton t shirt but they still follow along with the Only theme and lifestyle. With La Poche, they are merely just following a trend, right now dark tees with contrasting pockets, usually some kind of animal print are 'in', they are trendy and people who don't know what they like that buy stuff from any passing trend will buy these. Sure, that is fine and good but these two brands you are trying to compare are the utmost opposite. Only just yells 'creativity, craftsmanship, innovation'. La Poche yells 'follower, trendy'.
My point is that these two brands are doing very different things and frankly I think your arguments are very ridiculous.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 22, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
karakter1

i know you guys love the owner...but you have to admit that these designs are pretty bad. if they were posted here, they would not pass your inspection!
March 22, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
chads

i know you guys love the owner...but you have to admit that these designs are pretty bad. if they were posted here, they would not pass your inspection!

You don't know that. Stop making stupid comparisons! Plus we would not criticize these because they are from Black Scale and they are original designs. Now, everyone is copying Black Scale's aesthetic so that is why we criticize they

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 22, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
karakter1

I really don't think you can compare Only and La Poche. Only's product is some the the original and new designs there are. They don't follow trends, they make what they honestly like and hope that other people feel the same. In addition, you chose two of their very new tees and very simple tees. Yes they are just fonts on a cotton t shirt but they still follow along with the Only theme and lifestyle. With La Poche, they are merely just following a trend, right now dark tees with contrasting pockets, usually some kind of animal print are 'in', they are trendy and people who don't know what they like that buy stuff from any passing trend will buy these. Sure, that is fine and good but these two brands you are trying to compare are the utmost opposite. Only just yells 'creativity, craftsmanship, innovation'. La Poche yells 'follower, trendy'.
My point is that these two brands are doing very different things and frankly I think your arguments are very ridiculous.

not comparing the brands...just the points of the criticism!... the concept of creativity and innovation and trend following applies to EVERYONE! The LIN tee is clearly a trend following tee....lets not be biased here! it does not yell 'creativity, craftsmanship, innovation.....and frankly,you know that to say otherwise is very ridiculous!
March 22, 2012 @ 08:03 PM
karakter1

Plus we would not criticize these because they are from Black Scale and they are original designs.

Exactly my point chad.....bad design..is bad design...whether it is from Black scale or not! I know, that YOU know that this USA design in very unoriginal, has been done sooooooo many times...and is poorly executed. can you at least admit that?
March 22, 2012 @ 08:15 PM
karakter1

i dont get you....you trash everyone on here for unoriginal designs....but if its from a brand you like...its cool.
March 22, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
almondania

I agree, those are really weak designs.
March 22, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
artistiq

I actually really like the 2nd shirt.
March 22, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Plus we would not criticize these because they are from Black Scale and they are original designs.

Exactly my point chad.....bad design..is bad design...whether it is from Black scale or not! I know, that YOU know that this USA design in very unoriginal, has been done sooooooo many times...and is poorly executed. can you at least admit that?

That's the def. of a brand hore. No matter what they make weak or not they love it.
I some of black scales shit but not all of it.

I totally agree with you karakter1
And EVERY brand has followed some sort of trend sometime in their existence. Unless it is a completely hand drawn image then it will never be original.
You have to cater to who you want to sale to or you go the total opp. and make everything for everyone. No matter, if you sale even 1 shirt you have successes at finding a "market"
We in here are the minority and something tat I read in here really don't help anyone but the person who typed it.

Critique can be both harsh and helpful but when it's just "damn that shit is ugly GTFO" and "you company will never get anywhere" that just shows how truly negative one person can be.
Shit I would never wear some of the stuff Lady Gaga puts on but she has her own following and she loves what she does and I can't knock that one bit.

A font shirt is a font shirt no matter which way you cut and sew it.
Those font shirt made my ONLY. are simply and plain. Nothing makes them any greater then any other font shirt hand drawn or not. Nothing stands out and it's not anymore creative then any other font shirt. But someone will buy it because.

And I say that to say this. I could care less if the design is hand drawn or not. If it's wack it's wack.

March 22, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
Broken Bank Clo

And to be hoest when I creat my shirts I make something that I would wear. If not then I scarp it. I don't make create a shirt because it follows a trend. Some stuff I also scrap because it not "made for a shirt" but I only limit myself when I think this way. Graphics T's is a endless field.

You could be a dick on a shirt and someone will think it's sick as hell and buy it lol.

The field is big enough for everyone. Some will stand the test of time some won't

some are in for a quick buck and some are in it for the love.

You'll find out which ones they are in the end.

March 22, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
stillwild

And to be hoest when I creat my shirts I make something that I would wear. If not then I scarp it. I don't make create a shirt because it follows a trend. Some stuff I also scrap because it not "made for a shirt" but I only limit myself when I think this way. Graphics T's is a endless field.

You could be a dick on a shirt and someone will think it's sick as hell and buy it lol.

The field is big enough for everyone. Some will stand the test of time some won't

some are in for a quick buck and some are in it for the love.

You'll find out which ones they are in the end.

^ this.

the first question I asked myself when I got my printed samples, "would I wear this?" It seems common sense, but it's actually extremely important, that, and imagine your t-shirt, hoodie, whatever, right next to your favorite brand in a store display. Does it stand out, in a bad way? Commercial appeal versus just visual appeal.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

March 22, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Funny thing I don't even really buy shirts anymore at the store. If I do I know it's comething that I really want and love how it love how it looks.

Other then that I pretty much wear my own shirts. And make stuff for me to wear.
Working on Polos and cardigans too.
Only field I'm scared to step into is jackets.
Cut and Sew shirts I don't wear really so no need for my to make those at this point and time anyway.

You only let yourself down when you don't follow your own dreams and let someone else pull your strings.

I was messing around one day and made this shirt.

Simple and to the point. Some people will understand it some won't. Should I not show it off because someone might say it not original??
Well who else has made a shirt saying the same thing?
No one. So it is original.
Is it based off another idea?
What shirt isn't?

I have my creative stuff and I have my simple stuff. I dip my feet in both ponds.

March 23, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
Jake Ocean

Yup, your right. The reason why Blvck Scale can realase shit like this, they've branded them selvs in a way that their so popular, people don't give a fuck about the design. They just want to wear the label.

When I wear Supreme shirt, I don't give a fuck about the design, I wear it cause it's Supreme.

Not saying that they should do this, but that's what happens. Then theres brands that release good stuff, and people buy it cause they like the graphic. All depends on the target audience.

http://www.distantlight.co

March 23, 2012 @ 12:36 AM
chads

i dont get you....you trash everyone on here for unoriginal designs....but if its from a brand you like...its cool.

This is a false statement in many regards. I actually hate Black Scale but I will defend them and respect them because they started this monochrome only, anti god, satanic style among streetwear. Once again I don't like them but I respect their style. I'm not saying that everything that a brand makes has to be 100% original but if you make an exact copy of something else that somebody else made in their original mind, that is shit to me. My original statement was speaking towards La Poche, I have seen that same animal print on the same color tee/crew at least 3 times before because it is a passing trend. However if they made some sort of tee that said their name on it in some thin, tall athletic esque font, I may say that they could do better but I certainly wouldn't hate because its their name on a shirt, in a font. That is at least a little original because it is their name on their shirt. Now, if La Poche were to decide they really like that Only shirt with the athletic font on it and decided they wanted to make something exactly the same and they did and it said 'Only', I would hate on them until the cows came home because it is a nearly exact copy of what Only did first. I'm not saying there isn't room for plain tees with a contrasting pocket, I am merely saying that that cheetah and zebra and leopard print has been done in the same exact way before. If they were to find some really sick fabric from some independent fabric store and decided to make it a pocket on a shirt, yes, I might still say that they could do better but I would still understand that they probably like it.
As far as your personal attacks, there is a very fine line between criticism and hate. On here I have given plenty of constructive criticism and have glorified some brand but if I really hate what you are doing (like La Poche) then I will tell. Plus they need to hear that. I would rather them not print up a design because so many people dislike it a save money than print up an obviously shitty design and have them go nowhere. We are all in this for the same cause and to be successful but there are some that are just going about it all wrong. I hated on La Poche because he was bringing nothing new at all to the table. With the market so over-saturated, we need some diversity and to make the same thing that the next person is doing is just helping to flood the market even more. I glorify Only so much because they are one of the brands that really have it right now. Plus they are doing something different than most people these days. We have plenty of dark, negative, hateful brands right now, how about some color and life and good vibrations. Even if I didn't like Only as a brand, I would still respect them for the new ideas they are bringing to the table.
So don't go criticizing me when I am one of the people that posts the most feedback on here (good or bad).

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 23, 2012 @ 12:58 AM
Jake Ocean

On another note, my stickers came in today..

March 23, 2012 @ 01:02 AM
chads

^Sick! I'm really excited to see your product!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 23, 2012 @ 01:29 AM
Jake Ocean

^Sick! I'm really excited to see your product!

thanks man!

March 23, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
kaddy54

nice sticker
March 23, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
karakter1

We are all in this for the same cause and to be successful but there are some that are just going about it all wrong.

no beef chad....but i post here to dispel the myth about your particular atheistic taste/ methods/ reasoning about product , design, brand development.....being the"right way" to go about having a successful independent brand.

there are many ways to make a good brand.

you said that you can save someone the trouble of printing a design that you believe people wont like?

none of us, can judge whether a particular design will sell well or not!

im talking from experience and knowledge in independent brand sales.
March 23, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
chads

We are all in this for the same cause and to be successful but there are some that are just going about it all wrong.

no beef chad....but i post here to dispel the myth about your particular atheistic taste/ methods/ reasoning about product , design, brand development.....being the"right way" to go about having a successful independent brand.

there are many ways to make a good brand.

you said that you can save someone the trouble of printing a design that you believe people wont like?

none of us, can judge whether a particular design will sell well or not!

im talking from experience and knowledge in independent brand sales.

Alright karakter. You got me on this one; I can agree with this. I just wanted to display my opinion like everyone else.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.