Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 12, 2013 @ 07:29 AM
Elijah Brown

https://twitter.com/GrandstandCloth
I feel like this should belong in a Grand Canyon Giftshop haha
1: Grandstand means the fans or the crowd. i chose the name because the brand is being molded by the people in my community who are supporting me in starting this.

2: I purposely shorten it to grand because i believe that everyone is grand in their own way.  

3: The roses are from a childhood memory of my grandfather's old house, where there were always a multitude of different color roses. 

4: i've always wanted to go to the grand canyon, and i was going to make this shirt just for me, but as i have been showing it around, people really want it. 

There's a true meaning behind the brand, GRAND is becoming more of a symbol in my life, but i need the GRANDSTAND(the community) in order achieve that greatness. 
August 12, 2013 @ 07:45 AM
lstplcwnr

corn ball

i hope those photos are yours and not from google

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

August 12, 2013 @ 07:50 AM
Elijah Brown

corn ball

all but the beach and grand canyon.
im repainting those. just to get ideas out. wanted to see what people thought... not sure why im getting thumbs down?
August 12, 2013 @ 11:25 AM
FreeWizardry

corn ball

im repainting those. just to get ideas out. wanted to see what people thought... not sure why im getting thumbs down?

Bro, in this thread there is only one thing that is harder to get than thumbs up: a five panel hat manufacturer.

I'm not going into matters of taste because, as you said, there are some people in your town who are willing to buy stuff with that landscape vibe you presented.

On the designs, i can tell you 2 things that are bad:

1 - Typography Butchering:

I know photoshop has some fancy tools and all, but don't ever reshape fonts this way, making them taller, fatter or anything deforming the original. The reason why this looks so weird is because font families were created using wood or steel blocks, not bubble-gum. We were all created in a world that respects this, especially before everyone had access to photoshop and corel draw. If you already downloaded the font this way, believe me, it was made deforming a pre-existent one. If you can't create a nice script design, try looking for fonts who will add more to your design.

2 - Strokes

I saw them in almost all of your tees. When it comes to t-shirt printing, that little stroke you added to make the image "pump" will ruin the design. Looks like it's an iron-on thing, you know? If you think the script or the image are not looking well in the garment color, change this elements - image and tee color - until they look nice.

Also, all of your designs are aligned off-center. I know you have not printed yet, but you could use a little more attention.

Enhance the ones you think have more potential and come up with 4 or 6 pieces, not 13.

Whenever you can, take a time to read the thread and you can learn a lot from other brands success and mistakes. You will also expand your game vision on what's trending and what's not. 
August 12, 2013 @ 12:42 PM
casein_point

corn ball

Bro, in this thread there is only one thing that is harder to get than thumbs up: a five panel hat manufacturer.

^For the win!
August 12, 2013 @ 01:52 PM
Trials & Triumph

corn ball

I know everybody else is already giving you advice you on here and imma have to give you some advice too and i rarely do this shit but...have you thought about actually sitting down and either drawing your world with sharpies and paper. You know getting your hands dirty. Or if you dont like to draw your graphics, take some time on em in photoshop, gimp, corel, you know..you gotta really gets your hands dirty in streetwear. Ok last advice: you proly got more friends then me...so use em in your lookbook when you finally drop your collection. Use your friends, use your family use your neighborhood so you can put it all together, then come back and present it. Ok last point, please dont do SUPER professional pictures and waste money, just keep em raw and natural you know. Keep everything natural, it gives you're brand an identity. Super professional pictures just focus more on the model not on the brand and the brands personality. Dont be like me and not take people's advice and have to learn the hard way. The worst thing to do would be to give up. You just got a lil more work to do bruh thats all

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

August 12, 2013 @ 03:41 PM
So It Seems

+ SO IT SEEMS +

http://store.so-it-seems.com/

https://www.facebook.com/soitseemsso

http://instagram.com/soitseems 

MIAMI SHIT --- welcome homies. 

Thanks Mane #hometeam
August 12, 2013 @ 04:00 PM
≈ nash ≈

Summer Is NOW AVAILABLE @

www.connectedgoods.bigcartel.com

go cop and support.
orders will be shipped out later today.

thanks.

Connected Goods // www.connectedgoods.bigcartel.com

August 12, 2013 @ 04:36 PM
Elijah Brown

corn ball

I know everybody else is already giving you advice you on here and imma have to give you some advice too and i rarely do this shit but...have you thought about actually sitting down and either drawing your world with sharpies and paper. You know getting your hands dirty. Or if you dont like to draw your graphics, take some time on em in photoshop, gimp, corel, you know..you gotta really gets your hands dirty in streetwear. Ok last advice: you proly got more friends then me...so use em in your lookbook when you finally drop your collection. Use your friends, use your family use your neighborhood so you can put it all together, then come back and present it. Ok last point, please dont do SUPER professional pictures and waste money, just keep em raw and natural you know. Keep everything natural, it gives you're brand an identity. Super professional pictures just focus more on the model not on the brand and the brands personality. Dont be like me and not take people's advice and have to learn the hard way. The worst thing to do would be to give up. You just got a lil more work to do bruh thats all
thank you. like i said, i'm making these either way. i know literally dozens and dozens of people who want these. and actually all i do is draw. i'm actually got a 2 year  scholarship to USC for art. im going to design them all. these were just to see how people would take me designs, outside of the popular area.The letters are not going to change. I like them to have an organic feel, and not be completely mainstream black letters. too many people do that. i want the to be different. i want it to reflect me and the community that helps me. thats what matters. i dont need to be super big in the design buisness. i have my normal art for that. but this will look great on a resume to go further in life past clothes. 

i never saw whats fancy about these... i thought i kept them pretty simple. In terms of the strokes, i agree. i want to get ride of that as well. and i will. i am already narrowing down the designs, but half of those are the same design, just different colors, because when they are made, i dont want everyone to have the exact same shirt. 

thanks for the feedback. im actually gonna make most of the changes you guys suggested. but for the most part, if someone doesnt like my design, dont buy it, i have enough support.smile
August 12, 2013 @ 04:40 PM
Elijah Brown

corn ball

I'm not going into matters of taste because, as you said, there are some people in your town who are willing to buy stuff with that landscape vibe you presented.

On the designs, i can tell you 2 things that are bad:

1 - Typography Butchering:

I know photoshop has some fancy tools and all, but don't ever reshape fonts this way, making them taller, fatter or anything deforming the original. The reason why this looks so weird is because font families were created using wood or steel blocks, not bubble-gum. We were all created in a world that respects this, especially before everyone had access to photoshop and corel draw. If you already downloaded the font this way, believe me, it was made deforming a pre-existent one. If you can't create a nice script design, try looking for fonts who will add more to your design.

2 - Strokes

I saw them in almost all of your tees. When it comes to t-shirt printing, that little stroke you added to make the image "pump" will ruin the design. Looks like it's an iron-on thing, you know? If you think the script or the image are not looking well in the garment color, change this elements - image and tee color - until they look nice.

Also, all of your designs are aligned off-center. I know you have not printed yet, but you could use a little more attention.

Enhance the ones you think have more potential and come up with 4 or 6 pieces, not 13.

Whenever you can, take a time to read the thread and you can learn a lot from other brands success and mistakes. You will also expand your game vision on what's trending and what's not. 
thank you. but the font is only going to change for copyright with the font reasons. i dont want to design everything i make to be tailored to what narrow minded fasion people want. i agree with the strokes. the off center designs is not a problem to fix. but if their not made right now, im not worried about it. most of the designs are just recolors. i am working with a proffesional screenprinter who will let me print what i want for the normal prices. no matter the change in colors

im not trying to get rich. (btw) 
August 12, 2013 @ 06:46 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I've been selling tees and art for a a couple years now, but I'm thinking about getting this embroidered on hats / beanies and maybe shirts. Only thing is that people not knowing my brand won't know the brand name (YOSOY Co.), but people that have been following me will ... obviously. I do have other designs similar to this that makes the brand name obvious, but this is a nice, simplified version I think would look dope if embroidered.  Besides all that, there's 9 white stars and 1 yellow star, representing the year of '91.

your logo is pretty dope man, i think your stuff will come out nice. Also, that DOOM tee on your website is fucking awesome. Im about to fucking buy one.

Appreciate it!!

Tear out them AAA label tags my ninja.
You're making it look to easy.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

August 12, 2013 @ 07:01 PM
Prevail Co.

Just marked down our summer t-shirts to $15. Head over and take advantage of our back to school sale.

Shop

August 12, 2013 @ 09:37 PM
dannh87

The Focus Collective - Lemon Orchard 5 Panel

Cotton canvas with suede underside peak, leather strap and brass hardware.
Available now at http://www.thefocuscollective.co/

or check out the blog
 Damn
my dude 60 dollars  can i get a discount lol
August 12, 2013 @ 10:57 PM
al dente co.

I GOT IT 4 CHEAP! 

NEW COLLECTION DROPS 8/30

LOOKBOOK WILL BE UP 8/27

INSTAGRAM: ALDENTE1985

aldenteco.com

al dente company // aldenteco.com

August 12, 2013 @ 11:59 PM
cityofsavages

Just dropped some Condoms (black latex) for promo/souvenir purposes  http://shop.thecityofsavages.com/product/city-of-savages-condoms ÃƒÂƒÃ‚ƒÃ‚ƒÃ‚ƒÃ‚¢Ã‚€Â¦

LOL you should do a lookbook for your condoms LOL 

*no homo*
lol we got a campaign planned out.
Aha aight. I actually like the idea, it somewhat supports a good cause I guess and makes it look like you guys get bitches which is always a good thing. I guess I would make sure its good quality latex though cuz if someones rubber breaks you might have a couple problems to deal with lol
lol that's real I could imagine how that email would read. The quality on them is just as good as any other rubber so we should be straight. Thanks for the words man.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

August 13, 2013 @ 01:15 AM
thefocuscollective

or check out the blog
 Damn
$60NZD = $47USD

International market is tough sometimes because for the NZ market, $60 is cheap for a five panel. Other NZ companies retail them for $85nz (made by the same manufacturer)
August 13, 2013 @ 01:21 AM
reggendary

I GOT IT 4 CHEAP! 

LOOKBOOK WILL BE UP 8/27

aldenteco.com

yo bruh im liking what your putting out, also i gotta give you props, i have seen mad people in your shit, there was a picture on tumblr of Marty Balla and A$AP Ferg wearing your shit, your really out here

Feeling like Bishop from Juice

August 13, 2013 @ 01:24 AM
Excelsior

Anybody else think it is harder starting a brand in high school than starting one in college or when your not in school, because you know some people are cheap and won't buy shit, I mean you could have some of the nicest stuff, but people wouldn't buy it because you know it's local and small, anybody doing this right starting you brand in high school?
I think it depends how you present it, if you as a person are really cool and friendly and people like you, it gives them a more positive vibe, a better reason to buy stuff. People are cheap I agree so set prices decently is always good, and give discounts if necessary. I'm in high school not gonna lie, and I always try to make something as good as I can, I hate just crappy clothes, I think if I would wear this stuff, I mostly wear supreme and lots of simple, but cool clothing, so I like to give what I like, and what I think other people will like. Keep going strong! Check out dertbag and Philip Post, he really got his start in highschool check him out, an inspiration for me. -Excelsior

http://excelsiorrrrr.tumblr.com/ • @excelsiorrrrr

August 13, 2013 @ 01:55 AM
al dente co.

I GOT IT 4 CHEAP! 

LOOKBOOK WILL BE UP 8/27

aldenteco.com

yo bruh im liking what your putting out, also i gotta give you props, i have seen mad people in your shit, there was a picture on tumblr of Marty Balla and A$AP Ferg wearing your shit, your really out here
Might be another brand??? send me a photo.... 

al dente company // aldenteco.com

August 13, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
dannh87

or check out the blog
 Damn
$60NZD = $47USD

International market is tough sometimes because for the NZ market, $60 is cheap for a five panel. Other NZ companies retail them for $85nz (made by the same manufacturer)
man im just messin with ya.  60 is kool  
August 13, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
Excelsior

Anybody else think it is harder starting a brand in high school than starting one in college or when your not in school, because you know some people are cheap and won't buy shit, I mean you could have some of the nicest stuff, but people wouldn't buy it because you know it's local and small, anybody doing this right starting you brand in high school?
I think it depends how you present it, if you as a person are really cool and friendly and people like you, it gives them a more positive vibe, a better reason to buy stuff. People are cheap I agree so set prices decently is always good, and give discounts if necessary. I'm in high school not gonna lie, and I always try to make something as good as I can, I hate just crappy clothes, I think if I would wear this stuff, I mostly wear supreme and lots of simple, but cool clothing, so I like to give what I like, and what I think other people will like. Keep going strong! Check out dertbag and Philip Post, he really got his start in highschool check him out, an inspiration for me. -Excelsior
Yeah Phil is a great example, but I really think he got big when he started his website, cause he gained a following off his clothes and he could ship to other states country's which got his stuff more known and then he had Odd Future find out about it through the Internet then they wear his stuff  and that's what really got him on and so on, same as Kobi with death precision inc., I really don't think you could get big by just selling locally you got to have a website because you can get more and more fans off of that, I'm just really hesistent on starting out in high school.
Yeah I agree, however I really feel like tumblr is the way to go these days, my website, nothing on it yet http://excelsiorexcelsior.tumblr.com/ seems like a good idea since it's very flexible in terms of themes and spread of things you post, tumblr is popular today with lots of people in high school and a lot of my friends have them, just keep the content going once you start up completely, if you're confident about your brand then don't be afraid to start in hs, I just think whether or not my ideas and brand will be still around in 10 years, with excelsior I am confident to start, also take time on brand naming, get the idea first, good luck!

August 13, 2013 @ 03:27 AM
reggendary

I GOT IT 4 CHEAP! 

LOOKBOOK WILL BE UP 8/27

aldenteco.com

Might be another brand??? send me a photo.... 
i cant find it now but im positive, it was your al dente shorts

August 13, 2013 @ 03:33 AM
Excelsior

dear brothers , , can you tell me why the items on this website so cheaper ? I want to buy one pair of shoes for my school ! Here is the link : http://www.cheapreps.net/Authentic-Air-Jordan-5-Retro-030-p329289.html
It's because they're not real. "Cheap Reps" was the first tip off, I kinda hope you were joking...

August 13, 2013 @ 05:40 AM
Excelsior

http://excelsiorexcelsior.tumblr.com/

Just hoodie samples that will probably be in the first collection, also some tie dye ones I plan on doing too! Feedback?

http://excelsiorexcelsior.tumblr.com/

August 13, 2013 @ 06:20 AM
Aaron Mescudi

http://coolbeansclothing.bigcartel.com/
http://coolbeansclothing.bigcartel.com/ I need feedback
August 13, 2013 @ 06:29 AM
reggendary

http://coolbeansclothing.bigcartel.com/ I need feedback
you have one shirt, its cool, but i cant really see it and why are you asking for feedback if you have one design

August 13, 2013 @ 06:46 AM
steezyrook

Starting a Brand called Fictitious...

Just got a logo made. /Critique please.

its cool but id make the f a little less round if u know what im sayin it just looks a little full. great logo though!!!
August 13, 2013 @ 06:53 AM
Metsys©

Starting a Brand called Fictitious...

Just got a logo made. /Critique please.

its cool but id make the f a little less round if u know what im sayin it just looks a little full. great logo though!!!
Thats from 2 years ago b..

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

August 13, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
Trials & Triumph

We thought more people wouldve wanted this tee to drop the correct way but nobody showed this tee love. All of the other tees are getting orders and we're all out of larges in Heroin Hadouken Tees thanks to the support. But nonetheless I'm about to pass out these tees to the drug dealers in my neighborhood and the homeless in Manhattan. I guess if you buy them it would be a win for us and if you dont buy them it would be a win for the streets. So everybody wins regardless. Cynthia tee, formerly known as the infamous Lonely Fiona Tee . Take advantage of the free shipping HB. It'll be there til.....well till this drop sells out

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

August 13, 2013 @ 07:41 AM
Hypland

Im 16, in Highschool. I agree with you and everyone else, shits kinda hard but being young opens up a lot of oppertunity. and i also agree with the website stuff, the internet is the best way to get out there.
hypland.com // 

www.hypland.com

Please login first to reply.