August 6, 2013 @ 06:17 AM
RectBySovl

WHAT THE FUCK ARE SOME OF Y'ALL DOING TRYING TO START A BUSINESS IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW GOOGLE WORKS?!?

Seriously, take some fucking initiative and learn about what you're getting yourself into, so you can make EDUCATED decisions instead of finding a forum about SHOWING and getting FEEDBACK on something you have already spent time, money, and energy researching/producing and asking a stupid question you could easily find the answer to with a simple search.

The amount of "hey guiz need a 5 panel manufacturer PM me" post's I have seen in this thread is fucking ridiculous, considering typing that exact sentence into google delivers 16 000 000 results.
SIXTEEN FUCKING MILLION.
Some people just dont have common sense, or they seek out to forums to find the answers and thats why we are here, to help out people. Youd be surprised the amount of knowledge you get from people on here and its really cool when everyone helps out each other.

Also sometimes some of the manufacturers people direct you too arent easy to find on google, and when someone directs you to one you know its because theyve had experienced with them. Their might be something you know and something you dont know and its all about giving back and receiving back new and old information.

http://instagram.com/strictlystreet https://twitter.com/strictlyxstreet

August 6, 2013 @ 06:52 AM
delysid co.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE SOME OF Y'ALL DOING TRYING TO START A BUSINESS IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW GOOGLE WORKS?!?

Seriously, take some fucking initiative and learn about what you're getting yourself into, so you can make EDUCATED decisions instead of finding a forum about SHOWING and getting FEEDBACK on something you have already spent time, money, and energy researching/producing and asking a stupid question you could easily find the answer to with a simple search.

The amount of "hey guiz need a 5 panel manufacturer PM me" post's I have seen in this thread is fucking ridiculous, considering typing that exact sentence into google delivers 16 000 000 results.
SIXTEEN FUCKING MILLION.
Some people just dont have common sense, or they seek out to forums to find the answers and thats why we are here, to help out people. Youd be surprised the amount of knowledge you get from people on here and its really cool when everyone helps out each other.

Also sometimes some of the manufacturers people direct you too arent easy to find on google, and when someone directs you to one you know its because theyve had experienced with them. Their might be something you know and something you dont know and its all about giving back and receiving back new and old information.
I agree with what you're saying 100%, and I probably could have phrased that post better it just annoys me when people's submitted work gets left in previous pages because someone is asking silly shit. 

I probably gave a bad example with the 5 panels, If people ask about supplier "X's" quality or pricing etc then I'm all about the sharing of information, it's just frustrating when it's obvious people have done no research and expect the answers from someone who has spent their time and money to get them.

The point I was trying to make is how do you expect to produce a quality and unique product and build a sustainable business if you're just going off of someone elses opinion or advice, especially when (no offence, myself included) we are all amateurs here...
August 6, 2013 @ 08:29 AM
lstplcwnr

^ truth

10char

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

August 6, 2013 @ 08:59 AM
BENN

hi all,
can you guys give me your opinions on this first sample shorts? i want to switch things up a bit with this two color shorts made of 50 black cotton 50 white mesh for my upcoming two-tone collection. honest feedbacks are appreciated.

FB: /ben-frvud IG: /ben_frvud www.frvud.com

August 6, 2013 @ 01:37 PM
AreteBrand

Trespasserapparel.com 

what do you guys think ?
100% made in usa custom from the thread up best quality no shrink and no fade blends and a slim fit design not just printed blanks.
you guys tried too hard on everything, overly done and it looks more car dealership than a brand.

ouch haha never thought putting in hard work and making a quality product would be bad thanks for the input @mrsovl
I think he means it comes off a little forced. Atleast that's the impression I got. Cut out the b.s. extra shine and just show us what your brand embodies. Just be authentic with it.

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

August 6, 2013 @ 02:52 PM
Trials & Triumph

aight so basically this shirt is releasing friday with some other stuff. So imma do a preview a day for the next four days til the drop comes out. We would hope you've seen this stuff before from us when we tried to charge an arm and a leg for it before. This time it'll be reasonably priced and we're gonna do it for the people who've been there since SSE. Hey I'm not gonna hype it up man check it out its gonna be fire

The arms say "true pleasure never comes before pain"
Store/Friday

Nice but what's that creature running suppose to symbolize.
thanks man, its technically another brand really. I drew it while I was in college before I dropped out and shit. It really just symbolizes........nothing I guess. Its just a tiger I drew most likely while I was under the influence. But the message on the arms mean alot to me tho. "true pleasure never comes before pain" means that youll never get to where you really wanna be before you have to go through some shit you know

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

August 6, 2013 @ 06:00 PM
beverleynyc

Use the coupon HB for a 25% off discount it will expire after like a couple people use it

Shop.theundg.net
Awesome desgins, I really like the simplicity. Some graphic tees are overdone nowadays
August 6, 2013 @ 06:40 PM
haternyc90

shit is weak b
August 6, 2013 @ 06:42 PM
haternyc90

Use the coupon HB for a 25% off discount it will expire after like a couple people use it

Shop.theundg.net
Awesome desgins, I really like the simplicity. Some graphic tees are overdone nowadays
shit is weak b
August 6, 2013 @ 08:10 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Trespasserapparel.com 

what do you guys think ?
100% made in usa custom from the thread up best quality no shrink and no fade blends and a slim fit design not just printed blanks.
you guys tried too hard on everything, overly done and it looks more car dealership than a brand.

ouch haha never thought putting in hard work and making a quality product would be bad thanks for the input @mrsovl
I think he means it comes off a little forced. Atleast that's the impression I got. Cut out the b.s. extra shine and just show us what your brand embodies. Just be authentic with it.

That's what happens you try to sell a lifestyle.
I see that a lot as well. Not that it's a bad thing. But you have to find a median when it comes to advertising/promoting. It works for some people though.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

August 6, 2013 @ 08:42 PM
Ambessa

Hey what do you think about this on a t-shirt? Maybe a different font?

AmbessaDC.com IG: @ambessadc Twitter: @ambessadc

August 6, 2013 @ 09:57 PM
Prevail Co.

August 6, 2013 @ 10:02 PM
Grizzle-Bee

Hey,

First post so please don't eviscerate me. My buddy is starting a sunglasses line and we want your feedback. If you're willing and have 5 minutes, we'll be giving away 10 pairs of shades to respondents, and every respondent will get a promo code good for 50% off future purchases, so please leave your email and share with friends.

Survey link-->https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vKqGZOLO0srUKXllQldudSq0elQrEo-geq8p9jZi_70/viewform

Thanks and thanks,

GB
August 6, 2013 @ 10:06 PM
Ambessa

Ambessa means Lion in Amharic, the lion isn't on the tee for no reason.
ambessa.bigcartel.com

August 6, 2013 @ 10:26 PM
Ambessa

ambessa.bigcartel.com

August 6, 2013 @ 10:46 PM
Ambessa

ambessa.bigcartel.com

August 6, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
laserdis

ambessa.bigcartel.com

$40 nigga? razz 
August 6, 2013 @ 11:11 PM
Ambessa

Did mot mean to post that 3 times my bad

August 7, 2013 @ 12:01 AM
Ambessa

ambessa.bigcartel.com

August 7, 2013 @ 12:05 AM
Ambessa

ambessa.bigcartel.com

$40 nigga?  
That shirt is only $40 cause it costs so much to make cause its full color printed. My other shirt on the website is $27 an if i made a t-shirt with that pic i posted on it itd be only $20-$25

August 7, 2013 @ 01:14 AM
Trials & Triumph

I'm late to the preview for today cuz I almost got arrested and thats neither here nor there man. I've had a fucking horrible ass day man I got fined too. I guess thats what I get for leaving the streetwear game for a second huh. Long story short here's another preview for friday's drop man. The hoodie has zippers on the sides too. Check us out friday bruh. This drop is gonna be legit, I would not lie to you

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

August 7, 2013 @ 02:05 AM
reggendary

Hey,

First post so please don't eviscerate me. My buddy is starting a sunglasses line and we want your feedback. If you're willing and have 5 minutes, we'll be giving away 10 pairs of shades to respondents, and every respondent will get a promo code good for 50% off future purchases, so please leave your email and share with friends.

Survey link-->https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vKqGZOLO0srUKXllQldudSq0elQrEo-geq8p9jZi_70/viewform

Thanks and thanks,

GB
I'm late to the preview for today cuz I almost got arrested and thats neither here nor there man. I've had a fucking horrible ass day man I got fined too. I guess thats what I get for leaving the streetwear game for a second huh. Long story short here's another preview for friday's drop man. The hoodie has zippers on the sides too. Check us out friday bruh. This drop is gonna be legit, I would not lie to you

shits nice man, keep doing your thing, fuck the police, keep grinding homie

Feeling like Bishop from Juice

August 7, 2013 @ 02:32 AM
Ambessa

I love how ya'll give me thumbs down on literally everything i post, even on explanations. I could post a bible verse and ya'll would still give me thumbs down, i support people but yet ya'll hate, but it's alright it just motivates me to do better

August 7, 2013 @ 02:41 AM
reggendary

I love how ya'll give me thumbs down on literally everything i post, even on explanations. I could post a bible verse and ya'll would still give me thumbs down, i support people but yet ya'll hate, but it's alright it just motivates me to do better

its not personal, you just haven't out anything particularly thumbs up worthy yet man

Feeling like Bishop from Juice

August 7, 2013 @ 03:32 AM
RectBySovl

ambessa.bigcartel.com
still a shitty design

http://instagram.com/strictlystreet https://twitter.com/strictlyxstreet

August 7, 2013 @ 04:51 AM
2Fresh2Clean

These guys are not exactly new, but their hustle is strong! http://randomobjects.net/
Dude started with 4 or 5 tees a few years ago, and now look at them. 
They definitely have inspired me to get on the grind heavy.
August 7, 2013 @ 05:06 AM
FreeWizardry

Man, don't ged mad about the thumbs down thing. No one is trying to be mean, but sometimes people are not willing to spend time on tips and criticism, and that's why we simply thumb up or down.

You know when you go at your favorite store to buy some tees and then the seller tries to impress you?
"I've got some that will be perfect for you! You'll love it!" and then when you see them (in case you dont like any) you just go "Nah..." "Nah..." "Nice but not for me..." "Maybe another time...".

This is the real life version of thumbing down.

If the product is in a store, with a price tag, and someone is showing it like a special thing or hypeworth, there is no point engaging in criticism. You'd be like: "No, this typography sucks" "That design is way off balance" "What a crappy sewing!" "I hate all this colors". The only thing you can create by acting this way is embarrasment.

I personally didn't thumb you down, but i believe one of the main reasons people are doing it to you is the fact that you made a bad 1st impression. You showed up with very rough t-shirt templates and you were already selling them on estabilished brand prices, and they are not even made yet. This bad start just ringed the alarm of lower professionalism.

By looking at the mockups you did, it's impossible to tell if they have good cotton, sewing, fit, printing, and if you will remove the blank factory tags to put yours on. 

You will make a lot more of this community if you clear things up so people can tell if their feedback will be worthy or not.

I like the name AMBESSA. Sounds good and reminds me of Ambassador, which is also strong. You made one of the hardest parts. Keep improving the designs and the way you present them, because some guys are showing great stuff here (lookbooks, websites, teasers) and raising this thread's bar everyday.

PS* A few pages back the dude from Trainwrecker's Club went through the same "thumb down" situation and educatedly asked for deeper feedback. I may never buy one of his products, but if i ever see them around, i'll have respect for their work because of how they behaved. By the end of the day, your brand is an extension of yourself.
August 7, 2013 @ 06:04 AM
Ambessa

Man, don't ged mad about the thumbs down thing. No one is trying to be mean, but sometimes people are not willing to spend time on tips and criticism, and that's why we simply thumb up or down.

You know when you go at your favorite store to buy some tees and then the seller tries to impress you?
"I've got some that will be perfect for you! You'll love it!" and then when you see them (in case you dont like any) you just go "Nah..." "Nah..." "Nice but not for me..." "Maybe another time...".

This is the real life version of thumbing down.

If the product is in a store, with a price tag, and someone is showing it like a special thing or hypeworth, there is no point engaging in criticism. You'd be like: "No, this typography sucks" "That design is way off balance" "What a crappy sewing!" "I hate all this colors". The only thing you can create by acting this way is embarrasment.

I personally didn't thumb you down, but i believe one of the main reasons people are doing it to you is the fact that you made a bad 1st impression. You showed up with very rough t-shirt templates and you were already selling them on estabilished brand prices, and they are not even made yet. This bad start just ringed the alarm of lower professionalism.

By looking at the mockups you did, it's impossible to tell if they have good cotton, sewing, fit, printing, and if you will remove the blank factory tags to put yours on. 

You will make a lot more of this community if you clear things up so people can tell if their feedback will be worthy or not.

I like the name AMBESSA. Sounds good and reminds me of Ambassador, which is also strong. You made one of the hardest parts. Keep improving the designs and the way you present them, because some guys are showing great stuff here (lookbooks, websites, teasers) and raising this thread's bar everyday.

PS* A few pages back the dude from Trainwrecker's Club went through the same "thumb down" situation and educatedly asked for deeper feedback. I may never buy one of his products, but if i ever see them around, i'll have respect for their work because of how they behaved. By the end of the day, your brand is an extension of yourself.
yeah i understand that, I really need to get my shirts in physical and present them correctly before I come on here so people can properly judge them, thank you for the feedback, next time I'm here i'll have pics of the physical copy and maybe a couple more designs and hopefully they look good. thanks again

August 7, 2013 @ 06:06 AM
Jake Ocean

ambessa.bigcartel.com

$40 nigga?  
That shirt is only $40 cause it costs so much to make cause its full color printed. My other shirt on the website is $27 an if i made a t-shirt with that pic i posted on it itd be only $20-$25
no ones gonna buy that for $40, even if your explanation was 3 pages long

http://www.distantlight.co

August 7, 2013 @ 06:33 AM
offthemapsf.com

Website updated: http://www.offthemapsf.com/

Feedback very much appreciated!

offthemapsf.com

Please login first to reply.