FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
September 18, 2011 @ 05:42 PM
cdacirca1990

that's what i've seen on this side as well. all the money made from the business is just put back into the business at this stage.

i like the never let the dream die shirt btw, it's clean.

i kinda see what you're saying about that. the quality of the shirts are still excellent though. so damn comfortable.

appreciate that man! I really dig your brand too. I think it's just a different type of shirt. there are streetwear shirts that are known for their thicker collars and then there are shirts like yours that are made for a different consumer. dig it.
September 18, 2011 @ 05:51 PM
camd3n

i recently opened a vintage shop on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KeyAcquisitions

been getting okay hits, will continue with it for the time being...

coupon code for 10% off: newguy2011
September 19, 2011 @ 09:44 AM
Rockwe11

anyone have experience, or know how to make an online store through tumblr?

Is it possible?
September 19, 2011 @ 07:04 PM
Fictitious

Just out of curiosity how many of you guys with these brands do it to make a living. Does anyone make good money with these smaller companies? Are you paying for your schooling, extra pocket change, an artistic avenue or do you pay your rent with your clothing company?

I'm not trying to hate or disrespect, I am just genuinely curious.

I think the best way now, is to save up money from anything else- get into contact with people who know the business, then get into producing and branding/marketing.

For example, this brand "Publish" just recently launched, but however it seems like they have lots of backing and support, and also had the capital to create a strong presence.
September 19, 2011 @ 07:17 PM
nickcfh

i recently opened a vintage shop on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KeyAcquisitions

been getting okay hits, will continue with it for the time being...

coupon code for 10% off: newguy2011

If that Sonic Youth tee was a xl I would buy it in a heart beat.

instagram - @nickcfh

September 20, 2011 @ 10:17 PM
nickcfh

Figured I'd post this one here. I started working on this brand a little over three years ago. Did a few things here and there but just ended up giving everything away to my friends. I don't really know what to say about the brand.... It's leans towards the darker side of life. I figured if I'm going to start a clothing line I should work with things I know. I know punk rock, black metal, fights, drugs, being broke, sleeping in cars, depression, getting beat up, the streets, gutter, dirt, broken glass... just hard times I guess. I can't fake it and throw a bunch of diamonds and hot naked girls on shirts. I don't have either of things in real life. Ha.

If you like dark shit feel free to check me out in the next week or so. I will post a discussion thread on here. I do have a twitter and tumblr account you can check out in my sig. I have a facebook but until I post pictures from the photo shoot I wont link it. I'm not going to ask for "likes" if there isn't anything there.

This Friday I will have stickers so if you're down for some free stickers hit me up on here or e-mail me and I will send them out to you this MONDAY!

Thanks

-Nick

Traitors and Martyrs
No Gods no masters
Life Is Killing me fall 2011

instagram - @nickcfh

September 22, 2011 @ 12:24 AM
ArmyOfnoN

Figured I'd post this one here. I started working on this brand a little over three years ago. Did a few things here and there but just ended up giving everything away to my friends. I don't really know what to say about the brand.... It's leans towards the darker side of life. I figured if I'm going to start a clothing line I should work with things I know. I know punk rock, black metal, fights, drugs, being broke, sleeping in cars, depression, getting beat up, the streets, gutter, dirt, broken glass... just hard times I guess. I can't fake it and throw a bunch of diamonds and hot naked girls on shirts. I don't have either of things in real life. Ha.

If you like dark shit feel free to check me out in the next week or so. I will post a discussion thread on here. I do have a twitter and tumblr account you can check out in my sig. I have a facebook but until I post pictures from the photo shoot I wont link it. I'm not going to ask for "likes" if there isn't anything there.

This Friday I will have stickers so if you're down for some free stickers hit me up on here or e-mail me and I will send them out to you this MONDAY!

Thanks

-Nick

Traitors and Martyrs
No Gods no masters
Life Is Killing me fall 2011

lets collab!

www.ArmyOfnoN.com

September 22, 2011 @ 04:04 AM
kidkorea

Is it possible?

I've been seeing a bunch of tumblr's that actually just link the "store" button on their tumblr to an external shopping site (esty, shopify, etc). Shopify looks pretty good...1 month free trial too.

Also read an article and tumblr is thinking about introducing their own e-commerce platform but no word on when they would release something like that.

How do we go about finding sales representatives within our market? My family is in the fashion industry but all the sales representatives they know cater to only the mainstream market. I'm looking for sales representatives that sell for brands like 3sixteen, common projects, more on the high end level of "streetwear". If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

September 22, 2011 @ 04:46 PM
Rockwe11

I've been seeing a bunch of tumblr's that actually just link the "store" button on their tumblr to an external shopping site (esty, shopify, etc). Shopify looks pretty good...1 month free trial too.

Also read an article and tumblr is thinking about introducing their own e-commerce platform but no word on when they would release something like that.

How do we go about finding sales representatives within our market? My family is in the fashion industry but all the sales representatives they know cater to only the mainstream market. I'm looking for sales representatives that sell for brands like 3sixteen, common projects, more on the high end level of "streetwear". If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

In Canada, we have something called "Know Show" www.knowshow.ca/. I'm sure there is something that is similar in the US.
September 25, 2011 @ 09:16 PM
nickcfh

instagram - @nickcfh

September 26, 2011 @ 10:35 PM
UndefeatedJK

Anyone have any good tips about starting a brand from the ground up?

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

September 28, 2011 @ 01:30 AM
kidkorea

My brand isn't out yet, but I've been working on stuff for the past 9 months or so and I've learned a lot.

One thing I learned most is, get your finances down. No matter how dope of a product you create, if the business side of your brand doesn't work out, nothing will.

Build a solid team, each with a specific responsibility. Look for talented, dedicated, and hungry individuals like yourself that can motivate you especially through the rough times because there's gonna be a shitload of those. Unfortunately, I only have my brother to work with (lol) but we've been doing good and working with a lot of people in the industry.

Use the forums! HB especially. Besides all the trolls, You can connect with a lot of cool people through internet forums that would be more than willing to help you in one way or another. Don't be scared to reach out through PM or w/e to ask a question. Other social networks like facebook, tumblr, twitter, anything that can help get your product out there.

Be nice and connect with as many people as you can. I've met so many random individuals that have introduced me to so many people that have helped me in one way or another. There's a lot of assholes around, but you'd be surprised at how many genuine people there are that will help you for no cost at all.

Develop an image/theme you want your brand to represent and stick with it.

Good luck man, don't be scared to do what you gotta do. Put in the work and other things will slowly start to fall into place.

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

September 28, 2011 @ 02:02 AM
Fictitious

hi, still in the process of designing my own website

tell me what you think ,

fictbrand.com
September 28, 2011 @ 03:50 AM
mr mcgibblets

Stickers are in... message me on here or e-mail me at [email]traitorsandmartyrs@gmail.com[/email] with your info and I'll send you some. Will probably start a discussion thread in the next week or so. If you dig the stickers go ahead and check me out/like me on facebook.

www.facebook.com/TraitorsandMartyrs

make stickers of that evil print "the end".but you should post on necros message board im sure theyd dig it.and no im not being a dick im a fan of necro.
September 28, 2011 @ 03:52 AM
mr mcgibblets

hi, still in the process of designing my own website

tell me what you think ,

fictbrand.com

im digging your f logo.any stickers available?would buy it on a fitted.
September 28, 2011 @ 06:50 PM
nickcfh

make stickers of that evil print "the end".but you should post on necros message board im sure theyd dig it.and no im not being a dick im a fan of necro.

Never heard of that forum but there's some pretty tight stuff on it. Thanks.

instagram - @nickcfh

September 29, 2011 @ 11:52 PM
Fictitious

www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=t14B8WgbsVc

Just got started printing some stuff!
October 2, 2011 @ 07:49 AM
Finessence

Can someone give me info on manufacturers? I've done some research and, have learned about different printing processes but, how'd you guys come up with the right company to produce your clothing?
October 2, 2011 @ 10:15 AM
cdacirca1990

For me, you just have to start a conversation with companies that look promising. I found GladRags Ink pretty early on, and have loved the stuff they've done for me.
October 2, 2011 @ 02:31 PM
Fictitious

How do I find anyone interested in samples ?
October 2, 2011 @ 04:12 PM
PrimeCo.

a good blog to follow is this one:
www.lowdtown.com/blog
October 3, 2011 @ 12:52 AM
phazy

Was coordinating with a client who wanted a shipment of custom made lambskin leather jackets and he asked me "why don't you have your own clothing brand??" I was dumbfounded because I didn't know how to answer him. I've been always making custom self designed outerwear and denim jeans for clients of all sorts (up and coming small brands to already established businesses)So, with my knowledge and experience I figured it's about time to design my own brand and expand my portfolio.

Trying to get everything up and ready before the winter season.

This is 2 of 10 sample jackets, still trying to finalize the design while registering legal documents and tweaking website. Just simple quick snaps at home, yet to do a photoshoot.

What do you guys think?

Also looking for other up and coming brands to maybe do a collaborative project.
If any smaller up coming brands are interested, give me a shout via PM

Thanks.
October 3, 2011 @ 02:53 AM
Fictitious

A client is looking for something like this as a sample

Tell me what you guys think.

October 3, 2011 @ 04:30 PM
nickcfh

Was coordinating with a client who wanted a shipment of custom made lambskin leather jackets and he asked me "why don't you have your own clothing brand??" I was dumbfounded because I didn't know how to answer him. I've been always making custom self designed outerwear and denim jeans for clients of all sorts (up and coming small brands to already established businesses)So, with my knowledge and experience I figured it's about time to design my own brand and expand my portfolio.

Trying to get everything up and ready before the winter season.

This is 2 of 10 sample jackets, still trying to finalize the design while registering legal documents and tweaking website. Just simple quick snaps at home, yet to do a photoshoot.

What do you guys think?

Also looking for other up and coming brands to maybe do a collaborative project.
If any smaller up coming brands are interested, give me a shout via PM

Thanks.

Hi send me the jacket you're wear in a XL please. Thanks. Seriously such a nice jacket. Probably the best post in this thread.

instagram - @nickcfh

October 3, 2011 @ 04:33 PM
nickcfh

Double post...

So there's a few new things going on for us. Check us out on twitter/tumblr/facebook for pictures and updates. All of our fall collection is all hand pulled by us so it's taking a little longer than I thought. I'm really the only person doing it so I can only do so much before my hands cramp up. Any how like us on face book. Follow us on twitter and tumblr.

www.facebook.com/traitorsandmartyrs

www.traitorsandmartyrs.tumblr.com

www.twitter.com/TRAITORSMARTYRS

instagram - @nickcfh

October 5, 2011 @ 06:30 PM
nickcfh

triple post. I have prints of our upcoming collaboration with street artist give up in hand. all signed and numbered. there's pictures of them on our facebook page and I have a few to give away to anyone that wants one. His art work (prints) normally range from $40-60 a piece. All hand pulled. Like on facebook. Let me know you're from hypebeast and I can throw one your way.

www.facebook.com/traitorsandmartyrs

instagram - @nickcfh

October 5, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
phazy

Hi send me the jacket you're wear in a XL please. Thanks. Seriously such a nice jacket. Probably the best post in this thread.

Haha Thanks!! They were made in a lightweight lambskin so they don't have much structure, i'm going to work on a few pieces made out of a heavier oz weight cowhide see how those end up first.
October 9, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
mr mcgibblets

A client is looking for something like this as a sampleTell me what you guys think.

love it.dont forget a mini camo logo on the left side of the hood.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
Fictitious

I won't . cool . Waiting for the hoodie to come in the mail ..
October 11, 2011 @ 07:36 AM
ichef

Captain's Club
Lemme know what you think
http://captclub.tumblr.com/

Please login first to reply.