Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 1, 2013 @ 05:48 PM
G00GLE

http://hypebeast.com/forums/general-fashion-discussion/154829/page/www.T-M-F.us

New Brand, T.M.F.  peep the shop. www.T-M-F.us 

The Kanye Bear and Young Jeezy snowman logo on the back ruins the shirt. Should of kept the whole label thing going and used the good music angel and cte logo instead.
When I do my rehashed version I'l add that to it
this is all weak.. most retarded shit i have ever seen. u know you can get sued for this right?

last in line for the gangbang.

July 1, 2013 @ 05:52 PM
G00GLE

remade the logo what you guys think? 
this is trying to hard. 

last in line for the gangbang.

July 1, 2013 @ 06:50 PM
ImNotGrimey

this is trying to hard. 
Too much.
July 1, 2013 @ 06:51 PM
ImNotGrimey

Here comes Clique again with some new shots of final product look.

Visit cliquegarments.com for more info.
This is mad clean, like because the way its packaged makes me want to buy it even thoe i wouldnt wear the shirt. Keep at it you guys def have something here.
Very nice packaging.
July 1, 2013 @ 07:11 PM
ReggieLimited

this is trying to hard. 
I'm not some savant when it comes to logos but I am a designer and it seems that some of the elements your are trying to accentuate are missing the point. Let me explain in a list:

1. First lets take a look at the image. It's just that. An image. It unoriginal from jump because it's something someone else made for a different purpose. You should create, draw, design, something original to get your point across.

2. The font choice is weak because it presents no "mood". As a guy who has studied typography for years it's extremely important to find the mood. It looks like you chose a font that was "cool-looking" instead of using something more clean (which would probably be more effective).

3. Finally the shape. Let me tell you this as a general rule "CIRCLES SUCK", at least in the realm of brand design. Why you ask? Because circles are infinitely hard to design inside or outside of. Re-sizing a circle turns it into an ellipse (an oval) which equally sucks. And most importantly a circle is completely closed and does not work well as a canvas. How many drawing pads or note books are shaped like circles? Hint: None

Ways to fix it:

1. Get off the computer and DRAW THE DESIGN. It's so easy to get on the computer that most people forget that their fingers can actually pick up a pencil. Draw out what you want. Even if you can't draw it would be a lot better if you had a plan so someone who has some serious design chops can go in there and make it clean for you.

2. Learn Typography. This is something a lot of brand designers neglect. Type is SO important. From spacing to height. Learning the difference between Serif and Sans-Serif. Most streetwear brands stick with Sans because its easier to read and its clean. If all this is foreign to you. Look it up. Google is a beautiful thing

3. Work with an open canvas. Angled shapes (especially squares) are infinitely better than circles. Circles are often used as an element of a design. Or don't even use a shape! Just use the canvas itself!

And my last advice. Learn Adobe Illustrator. Better than Photoshop for design and printers will LOVE you for it. Oh...and don't drop shadow your design. EVER...

I create ish - http://www.ReggieLimited.com

July 1, 2013 @ 07:57 PM
joseno

Okay so ever since the person here mentioned the made in usa topic, we went ahead and now we are cutting and sewing our own shirts in our own house. I think I like it better this way because even though its a little work it goes really easy once you get templates going and plus you can add different fabrics and patches of whatever kind. I suggest you guys do the same, gives you a little more idea on shirts and could possibly help you later when you need to do like full leather shirts or something (we are in the process of making full real lambskin leather shirt but the price of lambskin is ridiculous but we are trying!!)
Thats rad, always ever think of manufacturing for other companies?
Id be interested in getting some flannels done, been trying to find a manufacturer here in the US for a while now.
July 2, 2013 @ 01:17 AM
Laurence of Arabia

Is it a cheaper option to use Vinyl if  I want to print a shirt with multiple designs on it ? What's the quality of Vinyl like compared to Screen Printing, from your point of view ?
July 2, 2013 @ 02:00 AM
kidkorea

Hey Guys, we’re having a July 4th promo! FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS! Just use code: JULY4 at the checkout window. Offer expires on July 7th. Have a great week! 

http://shop.ii-se.com/collections/frontpage

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

July 2, 2013 @ 02:44 AM
Krazy Spade

Check us out, Krazy Spade klothing      facebook.     instagram if yall want to help each other with promoting or whatever msg us. we just launched last month so we got free shipping and handling until August 1st

.:www.krazyspade.com:. - WHY TRY TO FIT IN WHEN YOU CAN STAND OUT? www.facebook.com/krazyspade

July 2, 2013 @ 04:29 AM
foreground

Introducing our very own custom 7-PANEL Snapback.
Coming to the store JULY 12th. Stay tuned for more. 

www.foregroundclothing.com

Foreground ® - Rise Independently. www.foregroundofficial.com

July 2, 2013 @ 08:29 AM
tuesdaygirlfriend

REGRETTED POST. DELETE IT OR SOMETHING.
July 2, 2013 @ 04:43 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Is it a cheaper option to use Vinyl if  I want to print a shirt with multiple designs on it ? What's the quality of Vinyl like compared to Screen Printing, from your point of view ?

Vinyl will peel eventually after multple washes. Upgrade to thermoflex it is a little better. But to be honest the comparison between them and silk screen is night and day.
I would do silk screen.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

July 2, 2013 @ 11:14 PM
ReggieLimited

Vinyl will peel eventually after multple washes. Upgrade to thermoflex it is a little better. But to be honest the comparison between them and silk screen is night and day.
I would do silk screen.
I second this. Even within silk screening there are different types of ink and processes. You should always ask what type of inks a printer uses and what the mesh count of the screens are. Both of these factors determine how the print feels on the shirt. If I were a betting man (which I am not) I would say that you want a relatively "soft" feel to your print. If that is the case then NEVER go with vinyl. Stick with paying the few extra bucks with silk screen. Also if you are just starting a brand, order the usual minimum of 24 shirts with your print on a promo t-shirt (that way you can give them away later) and test how the print feels. It's a hell of a process but at the end of the day you'll be happy you did it.

July 3, 2013 @ 12:05 AM
Laurence of Arabia

I would do silk screen.
I second this. Even within silk screening there are different types of ink and processes. You should always ask what type of inks a printer uses and what the mesh count of the screens are. Both of these factors determine how the print feels on the shirt. If I were a betting man (which I am not) I would say that you want a relatively "soft" feel to your print. If that is the case then NEVER go with vinyl. Stick with paying the few extra bucks with silk screen. Also if you are just starting a brand, order the usual minimum of 24 shirts with your print on a promo t-shirt (that way you can give them away later) and test how the print feels. It's a hell of a process but at the end of the day you'll be happy you did it.
Thanks both of you guys !!

Yes, I want a soft feel on the shirt, I want it to be comfortable to wear (and easy to maintain) ! I'll show you guys what I come up with as soon as I'm done
July 3, 2013 @ 12:32 AM
Broken Bank Clo

TRUE COMFORT = DISCHARGE INK

July 3, 2013 @ 01:54 AM
≈ nash ≈

i was in "the good company" yesterday up in nyc and team terrible is stocked there.  they're also stocked in "infinite sf".

i think its funny because i saw them on here about a month ago and they were getting bashed to hell but they got 2 decent stockists.  their shit isnt even half bad.

Connected Goods // www.connectedgoods.bigcartel.com

July 3, 2013 @ 04:12 AM
ReggieLimited

i was in "the good company" yesterday up in nyc and team terrible is stocked there.  they're also stocked in "infinite sf".

i think its funny because i saw them on here about a month ago and they were getting bashed to hell but they got 2 decent stockists.  their shit isnt even half bad.
That's why it may be counter productive to present your clothes to a base that is HIGHLY critical of nearly everything. The best thing to do is know your demographic and present it to them. Fuck everybody else. The great thing about fashion is that somebody, somewhere, will like your shit (even if it's terrible). There's what? Like 6 billion people on this Earth? Yeah I'm pretty sure you can find someone to sell to. But you are right sir. Hate is every where.

July 3, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
Currency Michaels

Im Currency Michaels (Designer), I Recently Put A Collection Together For Billions Of Currency (Brand).
I'd Like To Share My Temporary Shop With You All Throughout The Time It Is Up. 
"Red Stripes & Crest Collection"
http://etsy.com/shop/currencymichaels
Instagram: @CurrencyMichaels

If Any One Is Familiar With "Billions Of Currency" I Am Also The Originator Of The "Currency Campaign" Camo Trucker Hat (Below). http://billionsofcurrency.com/
Instagram: @Billionsofcurrency
Twitter:BOC_USA
July 4, 2013 @ 09:13 AM
foreground

Leave Your Mark - Melrose, Los Angeles
www.foregroundclothing.com

Foreground ® - Rise Independently. www.foregroundofficial.com

July 4, 2013 @ 02:42 PM
WAYwear

*** WAY We Ar Organics ***

Summer Pocket Tanks

Find Your WAY Environmentally Fresh Today!

http://www.waywearlife.com/ 

July 4, 2013 @ 09:17 PM
Frank_

Instagram.com/theundg
July 4, 2013 @ 09:32 PM
ReggieLimited

My team and I are building a website where indie and start-up brands can critique, collaborate, and learn from each other. The project is called "Future Digs" (logo below). Do you all think a site like this is necessary or do you think it would be redundant to build yet another website dedicated to learning your craft?

July 4, 2013 @ 10:56 PM
basspro

derrppppppppp
July 5, 2013 @ 04:51 AM
ReggieLimited

My team and I are building a website where indie and start-up brands can critique, collaborate, and learn from each other. The project is called "Future Digs" (logo below). Do you all think a site like this is necessary or do you think it would be redundant to build yet another website dedicated to learning your craft?
Dafuq? I asked a question about a future WEBSITE NOT a clothinging brand... How the hell did I get a thumbs-fuckin-down!? It was a question... I swear some of you need some friends. My team and I are trying to help some of these slow muthf... you know what? I've got no time to rant about dumb ish... I pose the question for those who want an intelligent conversation. 

Do we need a better community for sharing and building the brands people make or is this path futile?

July 5, 2013 @ 05:41 AM
delysid co.

Dafuq? I asked a question about a future WEBSITE NOT a clothinging brand... How the hell did I get a thumbs-fuckin-down!? It was a question... I swear some of you need some friends. My team and I are trying to help some of these slow muthf... you know what? I've got no time to rant about dumb ish... I pose the question for those who want an intelligent conversation. 

Do we need a better community for sharing and building the brands people make or is this path futile?
Chill out dude it's just the internet.

Every thing you need to know about starting and running a clothing brand is already on the internet if you can be bothered to find it. 
Compiling it all into one website with a nice layout, forums, an area for people to show and collaborate their work and maybe some interviews and demonstrations etc would be good but it isn't really ground breaking, this thread alone has the potential to almost be all that, instead 80% of it is just morons talking shit.

I dont really know what your idea's are so it's hard to comment, but I like the idea of people having to actually spend time and effort learning and researching the process without having their hand held, it gives you a good idea of what you can really do with clothing and not just the opinion of the person writing the article.
We would see a lot less of these CaLiSwAgLyFe clothing labels popping up, and more well thought out and unique labels if every one had a clue before they got on Ps and called their local screen printer. 

I hope this helps man.
July 5, 2013 @ 06:09 AM
Broken Bank Clo

I think it's a good idea.
As long as the forum doesn't get full of clothing lines and designers who think their shit don't stink....
much like this one....
But go for it man, Support from my area.
Reaching out to other brands and Collabs is always a good idea for starter brands. Something I have been looking into myself. There is not just not a platform for communication.

July 5, 2013 @ 08:05 AM
TRWKSCLUB

http://www.trainwreckersclub.com/

July 5, 2013 @ 08:56 AM
royds

Recently released our Stvunch Beanie, was really happy with the outcome and they are selling well.
Only thing I would question would be the  size of the 'STVUNCH' embroidery, Would you prefer if it was larger?

Just looking for some feedback for future beanies,
www.stvunch.com
facebook.com/stvunch
July 5, 2013 @ 09:51 AM
ReggieLimited

Chill out dude it's just the internet.

Every thing you need to know about starting and running a clothing brand is already on the internet if you can be bothered to find it. 
Compiling it all into one website with a nice layout, forums, an area for people to show and collaborate their work and maybe some interviews and demonstrations etc would be good but it isn't really ground breaking, this thread alone has the potential to almost be all that, instead 80% of it is just morons talking shit.

I dont really know what your idea's are so it's hard to comment, but I like the idea of people having to actually spend time and effort learning and researching the process without having their hand held, it gives you a good idea of what you can really do with clothing and not just the opinion of the person writing the article.
We would see a lot less of these CaLiSwAgLyFe clothing labels popping up, and more well thought out and unique labels if every one had a clue before they got on Ps and called their local screen printer. 

I hope this helps man.
I was...joking... I guess sarcasm doesn't go over well at Hypebeast :/ In any case we know it's not groundbreaking (neither was Facebook but now look at it now) but the problem is the community is splintered. Hypebeast could be but it'ss just a forum. A website dedicated to aggregating all the information you need would be extremely helpful in our eyes. Problem is many don't know where to look. We aim to solve the the problem.

July 5, 2013 @ 12:59 PM
CLOTHESMINDED

Clothes Minded // "Acid Wave" 2013
                                                                         COMING SOON

http://clothesmindedco.com/

Please login first to reply.