Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 10, 2013 @ 06:04 AM
clique_garments

Our preorder has started.

http://cliquegarments.com/ - come and check it out.
i'd cop it if the order process is easier
Yeah, it's a shame, that we had problem with ordering system last night. It will be fixed, sir.
June 10, 2013 @ 06:07 AM
hkeys

about pricing....

it really has nothing to do with how new your brand is. 
some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
granted this is true but we are talking about a tshirt here , I do agree each brand needs to take in factors in that benefit there business, and honestly in this case I don't see the attraction here, and It does not seem worth 42$
well ive been taking criticism pretty well all week. i guess my response to you is umm get it if you want. umm if you dont want to thats your decision you have free will. Every brand prices their items differently, just because Chanel prices their stuff differently than Dolce & Gabbana doesnt mean Chanel is wrong. No, thats Chanel's products so they price it according to what direction they want to move in. We're moving in a new direction so the price just shifted. If you havent followed us from the beginning we've been improving slightly since we came out last November, we're just continuing to grow. That being said, support MSTRPLAN and buy up their shirts, best of luck to you and MSTRPLAN. 
LMAO bruh that basketball connection you tried to make was a reach. But anyways price your stuff however you want to. The pricing reflects how you value your brand, plain and simple. If you feel you have that brand image and following to have people pay $42 for it, go for it. No one here should stop you, cause at the end of the day this is your brand and decision. All the people legitimately upset about the pricing of your brand need to relax cause it's not their call and all they're doing is giving you free promotion. This topic has dominated the last 2-3 pages and pretty sure niggas won't let this die down smh. Also, pricing of a product DOES NOT equate to the quality of the product all the time. Saying hip-hop artists won't rep a $15 because of the price isn't true because there are plenty of brands with cheaply priced tees that have literally every artist repping. It's all about if they think it's dope.
thats true but lets be honest here, all hip hop artist or remotely popular people dont like to wear really cheap stuff because after awhile they have a standard thats set. They get more money and like to buy quality things because they are receiving more blessings. This is my opinion. Yes they may want to buy your stuff if its cheap but are they going to pull out their wallet if its $15 bucks or even $10 bucks. For that matter would you even pull out your wallet to type in all of that info for a $10 shirt. Ok maybe $10 is reaching but we're moving in a new direction and the price is moving forward as well. how do you think that Supreme magically started charging $388 for a leopard print sweater, now I know I'm talking about the best brand now and they have 20 years under their belt. But they eventually had to increase their price. Slowly but surely we're doing the same thing. Because Supreme thinks thats what their product should sell at because of what went into that product to put it out, thats the same mentality we're having because we want to be the best so we have to have the same mindset as the better brands...its just moving forward thats all...but we're gonna come out with some really cool shit as we move forward for our fans so we dont just let them down either ya know...thats it.
You really aren't listening are you? spending large amounts of money doesn't mean the item is of quality. Besides that, most celebs aren't buying anything at all, it's given to them the majority of the time. You charging $42 doesn't rank you up with Supreme or any of them cause you don't have the same presence in the industry. Also Supreme isn't really the best brand out, if you want to model after them, that's you but I'm one for originality. You can have the mentality but you have to have the product or sell a brand that's worth all that. None of this quick money scheme shit. 
As much I will agree with this just quit arguing with the kid. He put that price on his shirt, and what do you know he's created more buzz/talk about this one shirt than any of us have about about any of our brands whether good or bad. If it's a hit than kudos, not only did he sell them but he also made some money. If they aren't than so be it, he'll drop em down and keep moving forward. As for any of us here it's about longevity and growth. None of the big brands got hot over night and few do. It takes hard work through the thick and thin to get any where. The beauty in what we're all trying to do is there is no real "right" way to do anything in this industry. Sure, there may be certain things we should follow or proper ways to go about things but it's like a spider web with a hundred different possibilities. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

June 10, 2013 @ 06:55 AM
Trials & Triumph

about pricing....

some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
granted this is true but we are talking about a tshirt here , I do agree each brand needs to take in factors in that benefit there business, and honestly in this case I don't see the attraction here, and It does not seem worth 42$
well ive been taking criticism pretty well all week. i guess my response to you is umm get it if you want. umm if you dont want to thats your decision you have free will. Every brand prices their items differently, just because Chanel prices their stuff differently than Dolce & Gabbana doesnt mean Chanel is wrong. No, thats Chanel's products so they price it according to what direction they want to move in. We're moving in a new direction so the price just shifted. If you havent followed us from the beginning we've been improving slightly since we came out last November, we're just continuing to grow. That being said, support MSTRPLAN and buy up their shirts, best of luck to you and MSTRPLAN. 
LMAO bruh that basketball connection you tried to make was a reach. But anyways price your stuff however you want to. The pricing reflects how you value your brand, plain and simple. If you feel you have that brand image and following to have people pay $42 for it, go for it. No one here should stop you, cause at the end of the day this is your brand and decision. All the people legitimately upset about the pricing of your brand need to relax cause it's not their call and all they're doing is giving you free promotion. This topic has dominated the last 2-3 pages and pretty sure niggas won't let this die down smh. Also, pricing of a product DOES NOT equate to the quality of the product all the time. Saying hip-hop artists won't rep a $15 because of the price isn't true because there are plenty of brands with cheaply priced tees that have literally every artist repping. It's all about if they think it's dope.
thats true but lets be honest here, all hip hop artist or remotely popular people dont like to wear really cheap stuff because after awhile they have a standard thats set. They get more money and like to buy quality things because they are receiving more blessings. This is my opinion. Yes they may want to buy your stuff if its cheap but are they going to pull out their wallet if its $15 bucks or even $10 bucks. For that matter would you even pull out your wallet to type in all of that info for a $10 shirt. Ok maybe $10 is reaching but we're moving in a new direction and the price is moving forward as well. how do you think that Supreme magically started charging $388 for a leopard print sweater, now I know I'm talking about the best brand now and they have 20 years under their belt. But they eventually had to increase their price. Slowly but surely we're doing the same thing. Because Supreme thinks thats what their product should sell at because of what went into that product to put it out, thats the same mentality we're having because we want to be the best so we have to have the same mindset as the better brands...its just moving forward thats all...but we're gonna come out with some really cool shit as we move forward for our fans so we dont just let them down either ya know...thats it.
You really aren't listening are you? spending large amounts of money doesn't mean the item is of quality. Besides that, most celebs aren't buying anything at all, it's given to them the majority of the time. You charging $42 doesn't rank you up with Supreme or any of them cause you don't have the same presence in the industry. Also Supreme isn't really the best brand out, if you want to model after them, that's you but I'm one for originality. You can have the mentality but you have to have the product or sell a brand that's worth all that. None of this quick money scheme shit. 
ok thanks for your advice, thats your opinion if you think that Supreme isnt the best brand out. I believe they are and thats why their at the top of our list. We only focus on 10 brands and thats it. The rest of the brands that are in the streetwear game we look right past but that again is our list. Just like I made the basketball analogy earlier you gotta think of it like that again. Do you think the people that want to be the best in the sport of basketball are playing basketball to make a quick check, or to get fame. No there are people that honestly play it for the simple fact that they love to compete or they want to become the best. Why not compare Fashion to Sports. Its all the same bruh, we're the same as those people that truly want to be the best in their sport we arent coming up with quick money schemes. No we wanna change things around here as cliche as it sounds. But there are brands that do this just for checks...i totally feel you. But why crucify us just because we're moving in a new direction.  We're doing what we think is best for us....you cant just have a jumpshot and think you'll take you're team to the finals, you gotta work on your entire game. Thats exactly what we're trynna do, we're trynna become more well rounded like the top 10 brands that we look up to. They all had to take a risk at one point, and so we're doing the same.

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

June 10, 2013 @ 12:28 PM
chads

about pricing....

I've been trying to keep out of this price discussion primarily because I agree with you to some extent but this is just wrong.
First off lemme say that supreme doesn't charge $44 for a hat or $388 for a sweater because the quality is that good or because they need to to make ends meet, they charge that much BECAUSE THEY CAN and people will pay it. People pay that for a variety of reasons -  the quality is great, they represent a popular brand name, they get to flex about how much they paid for their hat, not many people own supreme etc. You really don't have any of this right now infact you are charging $10 more than supreme for a tee that isn't as good of quality, doesn't have a brand name any of my homies would recognize/care about and you barely have a design on either side.
And the part about progressing slowly is bullshit. Supreme has been making tees for 19 years, they went from having oneita tees in the shop to their own cut and sew tees yet their price is only $32, for a legacy like that you would expect them to charge $100. You have been around for a couple of years at most and just from $15 to $42 in one fell swoop; no growth or progress.
Based upon your comments the past few pages, I think you have an idea that the only way to meet the 10 year mark and have rappers wearing your shit is to charge a lot of money. I personally think you should reconsider this, and consider how much organic growth affects your brand. If you manufacture the top for yourself in the first year, what are you gonna do when there no where else to go? I guess thats why the hundreds and diamond are in zumiez. I suppose I'll see you there in 8 years or maybe you'll be in the catalogue in my mailbox, look forward to meeting you!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 10, 2013 @ 12:31 PM
AreteBrand

@fosace I'm really not trying to crucify you lol. Its just interesting to see your thinking. I didn't say not to compare the two, just thought your comparison was bad. But again, good luck and I wish you guys well. Your previous shit was dope and I just hope it gets better, not the opposite.

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

June 10, 2013 @ 01:19 PM
Brave

Went to some crazy ran down warehouse earlier today with the team. Shot our Summer '13 look book. New collection releases Friday June 14th.

I actually kinda like this better than most of the other stuff you have released, maybe for another tee instead of the lightening bolts maybe make a military patch....just an idea
June 10, 2013 @ 01:26 PM
Brave

New to hypebeast and just found out about this thread. I recently released my second drop for my brand, The MSTRPLAN, and would love to get some feedback. Feel free to check the store and website and let me know what you guys think, and what I can improve on. Thanks!
-MSTRMIND
http://www.themstrplan.com 
http://www.store.themstrplan.com 

might have to cop all three of these
Thanks for the kind words Brave, je-sus, JStorm, and fosace. The dude's name is "Pig-Pen", so I think it's perfect for him to be parodied into a cop haha.

And if any of you guys are on the fence on coppin', feel free to use the code "TMPOPS" for a cool 20% off

As for the whole cost thing, at the end of the day you charge what you want. I'm a new brand, my fan base is small; to me, profit isn't as important now as getting word and product out and a lower price range allows for that.

Thanks for the luck, I wish the best for you and your brand too.
Indeed i wish the best of luck to your brand...
June 10, 2013 @ 05:29 PM
cityofsavages

Our preorder has started.

http://cliquegarments.com/ - come and check it out.
i'd cop it if the order process is easier
Yeah, it's a shame, that we had problem with ordering system last night. It will be fixed, sir.
great presentation. 

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

June 10, 2013 @ 05:32 PM
Trials & Triumph

about pricing....

I've been trying to keep out of this price discussion primarily because I agree with you to some extent but this is just wrong.
First off lemme say that supreme doesn't charge $44 for a hat or $388 for a sweater because the quality is that good or because they need to to make ends meet, they charge that much BECAUSE THEY CAN and people will pay it. People pay that for a variety of reasons -  the quality is great, they represent a popular brand name, they get to flex about how much they paid for their hat, not many people own supreme etc. You really don't have any of this right now infact you are charging $10 more than supreme for a tee that isn't as good of quality, doesn't have a brand name any of my homies would recognize/care about and you barely have a design on either side.
And the part about progressing slowly is bullshit. Supreme has been making tees for 19 years, they went from having oneita tees in the shop to their own cut and sew tees yet their price is only $32, for a legacy like that you would expect them to charge $100. You have been around for a couple of years at most and just from $15 to $42 in one fell swoop; no growth or progress.
Based upon your comments the past few pages, I think you have an idea that the only way to meet the 10 year mark and have rappers wearing your shit is to charge a lot of money. I personally think you should reconsider this, and consider how much organic growth affects your brand. If you manufacture the top for yourself in the first year, what are you gonna do when there no where else to go? I guess thats why the hundreds and diamond are in zumiez. I suppose I'll see you there in 8 years or maybe you'll be in the catalogue in my mailbox, look forward to meeting you!
Good morning everyone, I guess imma have to talk about why we're doing what we're going all day until the shirts release at 7. Like I said before to @apollolifestyle this isnt a get rich quick scheme at all. We're not changing our price to help pay our bills or anything. Nor our we changing the price to cater to rappers or celebrities. We're changing the price because we're moving in a new direction where yes our stuff may be a little bit more money. On top of that we're not increasing the price to try to hurry up and get to the top, we're increasing the price because we're looking to do different things with the brand that we've never done before. This brand started up last November dude, we dont even have a year under our belt and maybe thats why so many people have tried to give us advice on why we should stay grounded. We're not taking that mentality ever because you just weigh your own self down when you dont try to fly as high as you can. Like I said earlier even if this price change means we dont sell out in one day or one week at least we made the change and we're sticking to our guns and staying with the price. This new direction we're going in is not being done out of spite or anger, angry? angry at what? We're living good this is a blessing to be still doing this. Yes it may cut off some of our old fans but maybe some of our old fans wanted us to grow and will like this change. Just because a couple of people in a hypebeast forum dont like it doesnt man we're gonna stop growing and we're not gonna take any risks and move forward. Again I'll repeat it, this change is not to cater to any rappers or get money quicker, its just a new direction we're moving in. But at the same time we will provide better service and continue to ship our stuff the next morning or same day, and continue to do great quality control, and continue to give the fans hand-drawn designs on their pieces. We appreciate your opinions and responses.

June 10, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
cityofsavages

http://teamterribleltd.bigcartel.com/

sued
feeling the Bangles tee and the S.O.S crewneck on the site. keep grinding

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

June 10, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
Trials & Triumph

@fosace I'm really not trying to crucify you lol. Its just interesting to see your thinking. I didn't say not to compare the two, just thought your comparison was bad. But again, good luck and I wish you guys well. Your previous shit was dope and I just hope it gets better, not the opposite.
ok cool ive been doing this discussion on my lonesome for a couple of days now, and my partners been telling me to just keep my cool (cuz usually im not this chill lol). But dude thanks we're gonna keep on putting out some cool stuff for you guys and maybe you might like the next piece, maybe the next piece might stir up less of a ruckus, maybe more idk.

June 10, 2013 @ 06:47 PM
boulder

Here are some samples from the lookbook/preview of a line my friends and I are starting.  All photography/art featured on the pieces is original.  Any feedback is welcome. We're gonna be releasing some of the tshirts in very limited quantities this week. The full lookbook/preview is available on the website.

Webstore: http://boulder.bigcartel.com/

http://threepeak.tumblr.com/

June 10, 2013 @ 06:57 PM
coolgills

Here are some samples from the lookbook/preview of a line my friends and I are starting.  All photography/art featured on the pieces is original.  Any feedback is welcome. We're gonna be releasing some of the tshirts in very limited quantities this week. The full lookbook/preview is available on the website.

really........http://www.mycosmatic.com/theone/store/ really similar,

idk just my opinion
June 10, 2013 @ 07:05 PM
hkeys

Went to some crazy ran down warehouse earlier today with the team. Shot our Summer '13 look book. New collection releases Friday June 14th.

I actually kinda like this better than most of the other stuff you have released, maybe for another tee instead of the lightening bolts maybe make a military patch....just an idea
Yeah that's a good idea. Been thinking about doing something along that line for a while. Appreciate the kind words Brave.

June 10, 2013 @ 07:20 PM
Broken Bank Clo

It boggles my mind that some people think just because something is cut and sewn in China, Japan or Bangladesh that the shirt is superior now to all other shirts.
Made in the USA doesn't always  mean the best quality work either because some hire immagrants workers to keep the cost down and labor high.

How people think because big brands are having their shirts cut and sewn they are paying a lot to have the shirt made.
Brands are making 1000x as many shirts as independent labels and supplying nation sometimes world-wide.
They are paying maybe .50 - $1 for the shirt and having it silk screen for far less then what some of us are paying
Cut and Sew does not mean it cost more to make on a larger scale nor does it mean better quality.

When your finances are up you guys will understand that better.
Unless you are visiting the factories where the garments are being made and doing a inspection on each garment, please stop with that this is the highest quality garment, piece, or shirt out.

I just had to say that.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

June 10, 2013 @ 07:54 PM
Brave

Yeah that's a good idea. Been thinking about doing something along that line for a while. Appreciate the kind words Brave.
sure thing sir...I like to see brands grow..
June 10, 2013 @ 07:56 PM
sacrilegeclothingco

First line dropping Summer 2013. For inquiries email sacrilegeclothingco@gmail.com

June 10, 2013 @ 08:01 PM
joseno

those templates, with the purple background werent the best idea...
June 10, 2013 @ 08:16 PM
wcfrontrvnners

thats dope yall stumbled upon a place like that. been wanting to find something similar on my own. you and @aldente made it look good

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

June 10, 2013 @ 10:13 PM
trick916

So since the recent topics of discussion has been about pricing of shirts, I need some opinions. A lot of the bigger brands like Crooks, Diamond, Black Scale, Hundreds, etc. price their shirts around $30-34 a tee. I'm sure when they first started off, they weren't always that much (I'm just assuming here). Then I notice other "smaller" brands like Us Versus Them price their shirts at around $24+. I understand the whole "we price high because we want to keep things exclusive/attract the market of consumers who want 'premium' goods/establish ourselves next to the bigger brands/ etc. etc." But realistically speaking, what price range do you feel is good for a newly established brand to start off with? I'm thinking $26-28 range, then increase as your brand grows and becomes more recognized instead of launching at $32 right off the bat. I know it's also a matter of personal opinion and how much you feel it's worth, but scratch that. I just wanna get some opinions lol
June 10, 2013 @ 10:18 PM
clique_garments

So since the recent topics of discussion has been about pricing of shirts, I need some opinions. A lot of the bigger brands like Crooks, Diamond, Black Scale, Hundreds, etc. price their shirts around $30-34 a tee. I'm sure when they first started off, they weren't always that much (I'm just assuming here). Then I notice other "smaller" brands like Us Versus Them price their shirts at around $24+. I understand the whole "we price high because we want to keep things exclusive/attract the market of consumers who want 'premium' goods/establish ourselves next to the bigger brands/ etc. etc." But realistically speaking, what price range do you feel is good for a newly established brand to start off with? I'm thinking $26-28 range, then increase as your brand grows and becomes more recognized instead of launching at $32 right off the bat. I know it's also a matter of personal opinion and how much you feel it's worth, but scratch that. I just wanna get some opinions lol
I think, that if shirt is good and I would buy it for 26$ I would still buy it for 32$. Ar first it need to be good, that's the truth.
June 10, 2013 @ 10:24 PM
kumasiii

there's been so much discussion on this topic in this thread and section of the forums, if you take a few minutes to do a search you'll come up with a lot of good results
June 11, 2013 @ 02:02 AM
trick916

there's been so much discussion on this topic in this thread and section of the forums, if you take a few minutes to do a search you'll come up with a lot of good results
I actually do follow this thread consistently and read through all the posts. Cliquegarment's comment above is exactly the type of feedback I'm looking for. I'll search around the other threads to see if there's been any other discussions on this topic. Thanks!
June 11, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
chads

I think, that if shirt is good and I would buy it for 26$ I would still buy it for 32$. Ar first it need to be good, that's the truth.
I do agree with this. I think the quality of the design is the foremost important factor and I usually don't buy tees based upon the price. I have bought tees from small brands for $15 and didn't think twice about a 'cheap' factor purely because the graphic was goods. I also have no problem paying $32+ for tees on a regular basis, granted not everyone is like me and purely spends their disposable income on clothes but I think you get the point. But to answer your initial question, I personally thing $20-25 is a good area and leaves plenty of room for expansion and growth.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 11, 2013 @ 04:24 AM
Project Nibiru

really........http://www.mycosmatic.com/theone/store/ really similar,

idk just my opinion
Project Nibiru: I Hope you guys don't use that type of hat and also I hope that its just template. Aside from the rain logo tee, the tee designs and the photo-shoot doesn't look too thought out as they could be, but I dig your guys overall image, it's very nostalgic, reminds me of the 80's. My advice is to plan out things more. If you guys are trying to do landscape portraits as the main image for the tee's you should try to see which layout works best, which looks like what you guys were trying to to do.

the best of luck to you guys
@projectnibiru

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com Also Follow us on Instragram & Twitter @ projectnibiru

June 11, 2013 @ 04:50 AM
hkeys

thats dope yall stumbled upon a place like that. been wanting to find something similar on my own. you and @aldente made it look good
Yeah, I saw Eric did that. This wasn't our main location but the weather started to turn on us and it was super hot. Actually started to shoot at the same place we shot our last one, except this time it was Sunday so that's when the market is open and a lot of interaction occurs. This place was just spur of the moment but the shots still came out pretty cool. Always feel like look books have more depth if you just keep it organic and just go do something versus just shooting behind a white screen or posing all awkwardly haha. 

June 11, 2013 @ 05:01 AM
hkeys

You're right it is based off of personal opinion. Quality wise, all you need are 1301 Alstyle blanks, good quality printing, and a woven label/hem tag on a shirt and you just constructed a Hundreds, Diamonds, etc type of shirt and could sell yours for that exact amount. Now, if you are new and you have lack luster designs than pricing that high may not be the best bet. I could price our shirts at $28 if I wanted but so far it's only been $20-25 range, (Hoodies, crews, and jackets have been around $40-50). Not because the quality isn't there b/c it surely is. Reason being is that we're still growing and feel that at the moment that's a good price to keep our shirts at, and don't have that crazy hype where we can price our shirts at anything and they will sell out instantly. We do well sales wise and pick up double the amount of sales each release. This new drop will be $22 a shirt. I mean, if you maybe have some type of custom packaging or hang tags, etc. then you could probably bump up the cost. 

June 11, 2013 @ 05:15 AM
don-ish

Hey everyone I started a line late last year called -ISH . My website just opened last week and I wanted to share my tees and snapbacks with you and get some feedback. this is my site http://ny-ish.com/ . Thanks in advance. 
June 11, 2013 @ 05:38 AM
kinglogzz

June 11, 2013 @ 05:44 AM
kinglogzz

Check this brand out. It's organic but different. 

http://www.waywearlife.com/

Please login first to reply.