June 9, 2013 @ 08:50 PM
hkeys

@fosace Hopefully your shirts do well, I mean that. But, I really really hope you have great customer service and ship out your products in a timely manner and charge the right amount for shipping. None of that $10 to ship out a shirt bs because it literally cost less than $3 using a scale, your own mailers, and creating your own shipping labels via PayPal. Sometimes just having that excellent customer service and actually shipping people's products out can make a huge difference and will result in repeat customers. Not trying to take shots at people but look at freedminds thread or networks. Majority of the people are asking where their stuff is like "I spent $100 on a crewneck and it's been 4 months, I don't have it yet" type stuff. Not saying you are like that nor that's the way you run things but you should always keep the customer first when it comes to getting them their products. Without those orders you will go no where. Even if it's 1 a week or 20 a week. Shit, this goes out to everyone reading this actually. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

June 9, 2013 @ 09:04 PM
Trials & Triumph

@fosace Hopefully your shirts do well, I mean that. But, I really really hope you have great customer service and ship out your products in a timely manner and charge the right amount for shipping. None of that $10 to ship out a shirt bs because it literally cost less than $3 using a scale, your own mailers, and creating your own shipping labels via PayPal. Sometimes just having that excellent customer service and actually shipping people's products out can make a huge difference and will result in repeat customers. Not trying to take shots at people but look at freedminds thread or networks. Majority of the people are asking where their stuff is like "I spent $100 on a crewneck and it's been 4 months, I don't have it yet" type stuff. Not saying you are like that nor that's the way you run things but you should always keep the customer first when it comes to getting them their products. Without those orders you will go no where. Even if it's 1 a week or 20 a week. Shit, this goes out to everyone reading this actually. 
this is the realest shit ive ever heard in my life bruh. You're exactly right, you're keeping it raw and real. Some of the big independent brands dont send your shit til 2 months later. By that time you brought something else from them. Its a two month cycle. We ship our stuff the next day cuz we're still sleeping on the floor. Hell imma keep it real like you kept it real. Im sitting on the floor right now typing this message, we strive to always ship it literally the next morning after you ordered it or at least the next day. Customer service goes a long way man, its always in the back of a customers minds when their purchasing stuff from you..stay humble and get up in the morning and ship it out.

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

June 9, 2013 @ 09:07 PM
shillco

@fosace don't worry about it. Pick a price range and stick to it.

www.shillingfordco.com

June 9, 2013 @ 09:08 PM
Trials & Triumph

If I may put my input into this. The only thing that is remarkable is that you put $15 for your first shirts so like your previous customers and the fan base you made with your previous clothes would think it would be around that $15-$25 range for the next drop. Then you up the price to over than 200% increase which is really a lot for such a simple tee. We understand that you worked hard but to be honest no one wears a shirt because the designer worked hard. I don't see whats the problem with going with $20, we could make at least $800 (profit) if you sold only 50 of these. And since the design is so small, you could put more like 20 designs on one transfer (which cost 2.20 if you order 15). You'd probably make more money selling the shirts at $25 than putting it at $42.
Ok good morning everyone, hope everyone here on hb is having a great saturday. To be honest those brands that place their prices at $20 yea they make a profit are they moving forward. Are they putting their standards low and just satisfied with making a profit. I think you should put your standards high and yea you may have a shift in customers but you gain a different kind of clientele. Here's a great example. Lets say SpaceGhostPurrp or some other rapper like Kendrick came to my shop right. And my stuff was as cheap as the She Saw Everything LS shirt was on our last drop. People swore up and down that they loved it but I dont think SpaceGhostPurrp would buy a tee thats $15 bucks and be seen in it. He's got a rep believe it or not. Same thing with Kendrick Lemar, if he stumbles upon your website and he likes your concepts and stuff and what your brand stands for he's gonna support a new upcoming independent brand.....if you're confident in your stuff and your price is up there with the bigger guys, not with the people satisfied with charging $20 for their stuff...we're moving in a new direction thats all
Interesting idea, I guess we'll all eventually see whether or not it works out for you.

Also, you still got any of those She Saw Everything shirts left? Had it in my 'To Cop' list for a while.
naa they all sold out, umm they should be coming out early 2014. To specify we're re-releasing the long sleeves. I dont know exactly which ones you liked. Me personally I hated the short sleeve ones. So those ones we wont be re-releasing, but the LS ones were a big hit so we'll do kinda like a Marshall Law colorway. Something yellow and black..
Damn, I was wanting one of the short sleeves.
dang you would say that lol, what color of the ones did you like? If you say white we mayyyy come back out with it. I kinda wanted to destroy the screens since I hated them so much. The guy who prints are stuff printed the eyes on the short sleeves waayyy to big, his ol dumb ass, but the long sleeves are definitely re-releasing early 2014.

June 9, 2013 @ 09:10 PM
Trials & Triumph

@fosace don't worry about it. Pick a price range and stick to it.
thanks man

June 9, 2013 @ 09:44 PM
hkeys

Went to some crazy ran down warehouse earlier today with the team. Shot our Summer '13 look book. New collection releases Friday June 14th.

June 9, 2013 @ 09:48 PM
dangerers

@fosace respect on taking the next move with your price hope it works out for you homie

http://www.dangerers.bigcartel.com

June 9, 2013 @ 10:51 PM
qrct1

do you guys know if Van Styles put that hat on Kendrick's head or if Kendrick bought it himself?

aeterna13.com

June 9, 2013 @ 10:55 PM
Trials & Triumph

@fosace respect on taking the next move with your price hope it works out for you homie
thanks @dangerers

June 9, 2013 @ 11:53 PM
clique_garments

Our preorder has started.

http://cliquegarments.com/ - come and check it out.
June 10, 2013 @ 12:42 AM
Danny

Anyone know the best way to get into Magic Vegas? I mean just to walk around
June 10, 2013 @ 01:32 AM
hkeys

Probably can sneak in ha. I've seen tons of people do that for Agenda. I mean if it's not a drive for you then just try can't really lose.

June 10, 2013 @ 01:37 AM
Trials & Triumph

lol thats the story...idk what you want me to say lol i meant to post the pics up with the shirt. I had to edit the post cuz my dumb ass didnt post the pictures along with the story. Here...

its simple and funny haha im down to cop
thanks fool

June 10, 2013 @ 01:37 AM
Danny

Probably can sneak in ha. I've seen tons of people do that for Agenda. I mean if it's not a drive for you then just try can't really lose.
Ima be out there till the 19th and thats when it starts haha. I just wanna go to the manufacturer area
June 10, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
AreteBrand

about pricing....

it really has nothing to do with how new your brand is. 
some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
granted this is true but we are talking about a tshirt here , I do agree each brand needs to take in factors in that benefit there business, and honestly in this case I don't see the attraction here, and It does not seem worth 42$
well ive been taking criticism pretty well all week. i guess my response to you is umm get it if you want. umm if you dont want to thats your decision you have free will. Every brand prices their items differently, just because Chanel prices their stuff differently than Dolce & Gabbana doesnt mean Chanel is wrong. No, thats Chanel's products so they price it according to what direction they want to move in. We're moving in a new direction so the price just shifted. If you havent followed us from the beginning we've been improving slightly since we came out last November, we're just continuing to grow. That being said, support MSTRPLAN and buy up their shirts, best of luck to you and MSTRPLAN. 
LMAO bruh that basketball connection you tried to make was a reach. But anyways price your stuff however you want to. The pricing reflects how you value your brand, plain and simple. If you feel you have that brand image and following to have people pay $42 for it, go for it. No one here should stop you, cause at the end of the day this is your brand and decision. All the people legitimately upset about the pricing of your brand need to relax cause it's not their call and all they're doing is giving you free promotion. This topic has dominated the last 2-3 pages and pretty sure niggas won't let this die down smh. Also, pricing of a product DOES NOT equate to the quality of the product all the time. Saying hip-hop artists won't rep a $15 because of the price isn't true because there are plenty of brands with cheaply priced tees that have literally every artist repping. It's all about if they think it's dope.
thats true but lets be honest here, all hip hop artist or remotely popular people dont like to wear really cheap stuff because after awhile they have a standard thats set. They get more money and like to buy quality things because they are receiving more blessings. This is my opinion. Yes they may want to buy your stuff if its cheap but are they going to pull out their wallet if its $15 bucks or even $10 bucks. For that matter would you even pull out your wallet to type in all of that info for a $10 shirt. Ok maybe $10 is reaching but we're moving in a new direction and the price is moving forward as well. how do you think that Supreme magically started charging $388 for a leopard print sweater, now I know I'm talking about the best brand now and they have 20 years under their belt. But they eventually had to increase their price. Slowly but surely we're doing the same thing. Because Supreme thinks thats what their product should sell at because of what went into that product to put it out, thats the same mentality we're having because we want to be the best so we have to have the same mindset as the better brands...its just moving forward thats all...but we're gonna come out with some really cool shit as we move forward for our fans so we dont just let them down either ya know...thats it.
You really aren't listening are you? spending large amounts of money doesn't mean the item is of quality. Besides that, most celebs aren't buying anything at all, it's given to them the majority of the time. You charging $42 doesn't rank you up with Supreme or any of them cause you don't have the same presence in the industry. Also Supreme isn't really the best brand out, if you want to model after them, that's you but I'm one for originality. You can have the mentality but you have to have the product or sell a brand that's worth all that. None of this quick money scheme shit. 

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

June 10, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
LordDuroRHC

To all of you asking where you can find suppliers and manufacturers, I will tell you exactly where to go. Google. You might not find what you're looking for on the first page or on your first search but with a couple hours and some word manipulation I'm pretty sure you will find what you're looking for. No one is going to give you their sources for free and seeing as we're all start-ups most of us have nothing to offer. Just use Google and check other forums for what you're looking for and you will find it. 

Rebel In Moderation

June 10, 2013 @ 04:04 AM
Project Nibiru

Me and a couple of friends from high school just started up a clothing brand called Project Nibiru. We focus on everything from ancient cultures to current events that influence us. We try and add meaning to each of our designs but occasionally we will just make shit because it looks cool (Real Nigga Shit). As our budget is tight we only just released our first two T-Shirts to test the waters for season 0. We have no official tags yet and these are samples and will be available on our website soon

We're really just looking for support and constructive criticism from guys, so whats your thoughts?

METACARPUS TEE      (Gildan 5000 100% Cotton)

HEAVEN:HELL TEE       (Jerzee 100% Cotton)

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com/

https://twitter.com/ProjectNibiru

projectnibiru@instagram
That first shirt is dope..
Yeah man, our first shirt is pretty loud. 

Our bigcartel website will be up by the end of the week.
www.projectnibiru.bigcartel.com

Thanks yo

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com Also Follow us on Instragram & Twitter @ projectnibiru

June 10, 2013 @ 04:05 AM
Project Nibiru

the quality looks hella nice. 

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com Also Follow us on Instragram & Twitter @ projectnibiru

June 10, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
BENN

i'd cop it if the order process is easier

FB: /ben-frvud IG: /ben_frvud www.frvud.com

June 10, 2013 @ 05:46 AM
royds

This definitely, that alone changes your whole brand image to certain people
June 10, 2013 @ 06:04 AM
clique_garments

Yeah, it's a shame, that we had problem with ordering system last night. It will be fixed, sir.
June 10, 2013 @ 06:07 AM
hkeys

about pricing....

some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
granted this is true but we are talking about a tshirt here , I do agree each brand needs to take in factors in that benefit there business, and honestly in this case I don't see the attraction here, and It does not seem worth 42$
well ive been taking criticism pretty well all week. i guess my response to you is umm get it if you want. umm if you dont want to thats your decision you have free will. Every brand prices their items differently, just because Chanel prices their stuff differently than Dolce & Gabbana doesnt mean Chanel is wrong. No, thats Chanel's products so they price it according to what direction they want to move in. We're moving in a new direction so the price just shifted. If you havent followed us from the beginning we've been improving slightly since we came out last November, we're just continuing to grow. That being said, support MSTRPLAN and buy up their shirts, best of luck to you and MSTRPLAN. 
LMAO bruh that basketball connection you tried to make was a reach. But anyways price your stuff however you want to. The pricing reflects how you value your brand, plain and simple. If you feel you have that brand image and following to have people pay $42 for it, go for it. No one here should stop you, cause at the end of the day this is your brand and decision. All the people legitimately upset about the pricing of your brand need to relax cause it's not their call and all they're doing is giving you free promotion. This topic has dominated the last 2-3 pages and pretty sure niggas won't let this die down smh. Also, pricing of a product DOES NOT equate to the quality of the product all the time. Saying hip-hop artists won't rep a $15 because of the price isn't true because there are plenty of brands with cheaply priced tees that have literally every artist repping. It's all about if they think it's dope.
thats true but lets be honest here, all hip hop artist or remotely popular people dont like to wear really cheap stuff because after awhile they have a standard thats set. They get more money and like to buy quality things because they are receiving more blessings. This is my opinion. Yes they may want to buy your stuff if its cheap but are they going to pull out their wallet if its $15 bucks or even $10 bucks. For that matter would you even pull out your wallet to type in all of that info for a $10 shirt. Ok maybe $10 is reaching but we're moving in a new direction and the price is moving forward as well. how do you think that Supreme magically started charging $388 for a leopard print sweater, now I know I'm talking about the best brand now and they have 20 years under their belt. But they eventually had to increase their price. Slowly but surely we're doing the same thing. Because Supreme thinks thats what their product should sell at because of what went into that product to put it out, thats the same mentality we're having because we want to be the best so we have to have the same mindset as the better brands...its just moving forward thats all...but we're gonna come out with some really cool shit as we move forward for our fans so we dont just let them down either ya know...thats it.
You really aren't listening are you? spending large amounts of money doesn't mean the item is of quality. Besides that, most celebs aren't buying anything at all, it's given to them the majority of the time. You charging $42 doesn't rank you up with Supreme or any of them cause you don't have the same presence in the industry. Also Supreme isn't really the best brand out, if you want to model after them, that's you but I'm one for originality. You can have the mentality but you have to have the product or sell a brand that's worth all that. None of this quick money scheme shit. 
As much I will agree with this just quit arguing with the kid. He put that price on his shirt, and what do you know he's created more buzz/talk about this one shirt than any of us have about about any of our brands whether good or bad. If it's a hit than kudos, not only did he sell them but he also made some money. If they aren't than so be it, he'll drop em down and keep moving forward. As for any of us here it's about longevity and growth. None of the big brands got hot over night and few do. It takes hard work through the thick and thin to get any where. The beauty in what we're all trying to do is there is no real "right" way to do anything in this industry. Sure, there may be certain things we should follow or proper ways to go about things but it's like a spider web with a hundred different possibilities. 

June 10, 2013 @ 06:55 AM
Trials & Triumph

about pricing....

ok thanks for your advice, thats your opinion if you think that Supreme isnt the best brand out. I believe they are and thats why their at the top of our list. We only focus on 10 brands and thats it. The rest of the brands that are in the streetwear game we look right past but that again is our list. Just like I made the basketball analogy earlier you gotta think of it like that again. Do you think the people that want to be the best in the sport of basketball are playing basketball to make a quick check, or to get fame. No there are people that honestly play it for the simple fact that they love to compete or they want to become the best. Why not compare Fashion to Sports. Its all the same bruh, we're the same as those people that truly want to be the best in their sport we arent coming up with quick money schemes. No we wanna change things around here as cliche as it sounds. But there are brands that do this just for checks...i totally feel you. But why crucify us just because we're moving in a new direction.  We're doing what we think is best for us....you cant just have a jumpshot and think you'll take you're team to the finals, you gotta work on your entire game. Thats exactly what we're trynna do, we're trynna become more well rounded like the top 10 brands that we look up to. They all had to take a risk at one point, and so we're doing the same.

June 10, 2013 @ 12:28 PM
chads

about pricing....

I've been trying to keep out of this price discussion primarily because I agree with you to some extent but this is just wrong.
First off lemme say that supreme doesn't charge $44 for a hat or $388 for a sweater because the quality is that good or because they need to to make ends meet, they charge that much BECAUSE THEY CAN and people will pay it. People pay that for a variety of reasons -  the quality is great, they represent a popular brand name, they get to flex about how much they paid for their hat, not many people own supreme etc. You really don't have any of this right now infact you are charging $10 more than supreme for a tee that isn't as good of quality, doesn't have a brand name any of my homies would recognize/care about and you barely have a design on either side.
And the part about progressing slowly is bullshit. Supreme has been making tees for 19 years, they went from having oneita tees in the shop to their own cut and sew tees yet their price is only $32, for a legacy like that you would expect them to charge $100. You have been around for a couple of years at most and just from $15 to $42 in one fell swoop; no growth or progress.
Based upon your comments the past few pages, I think you have an idea that the only way to meet the 10 year mark and have rappers wearing your shit is to charge a lot of money. I personally think you should reconsider this, and consider how much organic growth affects your brand. If you manufacture the top for yourself in the first year, what are you gonna do when there no where else to go? I guess thats why the hundreds and diamond are in zumiez. I suppose I'll see you there in 8 years or maybe you'll be in the catalogue in my mailbox, look forward to meeting you!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 10, 2013 @ 12:31 PM
AreteBrand

@fosace I'm really not trying to crucify you lol. Its just interesting to see your thinking. I didn't say not to compare the two, just thought your comparison was bad. But again, good luck and I wish you guys well. Your previous shit was dope and I just hope it gets better, not the opposite.

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

June 10, 2013 @ 01:19 PM
Brave

Went to some crazy ran down warehouse earlier today with the team. Shot our Summer '13 look book. New collection releases Friday June 14th.

I actually kinda like this better than most of the other stuff you have released, maybe for another tee instead of the lightening bolts maybe make a military patch....just an idea
June 10, 2013 @ 01:26 PM
Brave

New to hypebeast and just found out about this thread. I recently released my second drop for my brand, The MSTRPLAN, and would love to get some feedback. Feel free to check the store and website and let me know what you guys think, and what I can improve on. Thanks!
-MSTRMIND
http://www.themstrplan.com 
http://www.store.themstrplan.com 

might have to cop all three of these
Thanks for the kind words Brave, je-sus, JStorm, and fosace. The dude's name is "Pig-Pen", so I think it's perfect for him to be parodied into a cop haha.

And if any of you guys are on the fence on coppin', feel free to use the code "TMPOPS" for a cool 20% off

As for the whole cost thing, at the end of the day you charge what you want. I'm a new brand, my fan base is small; to me, profit isn't as important now as getting word and product out and a lower price range allows for that.

Thanks for the luck, I wish the best for you and your brand too.
Indeed i wish the best of luck to your brand...
June 10, 2013 @ 05:29 PM
cityofsavages

Yeah, it's a shame, that we had problem with ordering system last night. It will be fixed, sir.
great presentation. 

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

June 10, 2013 @ 05:32 PM
Trials & Triumph

about pricing....

I've been trying to keep out of this price discussion primarily because I agree with you to some extent but this is just wrong.
First off lemme say that supreme doesn't charge $44 for a hat or $388 for a sweater because the quality is that good or because they need to to make ends meet, they charge that much BECAUSE THEY CAN and people will pay it. People pay that for a variety of reasons -  the quality is great, they represent a popular brand name, they get to flex about how much they paid for their hat, not many people own supreme etc. You really don't have any of this right now infact you are charging $10 more than supreme for a tee that isn't as good of quality, doesn't have a brand name any of my homies would recognize/care about and you barely have a design on either side.
And the part about progressing slowly is bullshit. Supreme has been making tees for 19 years, they went from having oneita tees in the shop to their own cut and sew tees yet their price is only $32, for a legacy like that you would expect them to charge $100. You have been around for a couple of years at most and just from $15 to $42 in one fell swoop; no growth or progress.
Based upon your comments the past few pages, I think you have an idea that the only way to meet the 10 year mark and have rappers wearing your shit is to charge a lot of money. I personally think you should reconsider this, and consider how much organic growth affects your brand. If you manufacture the top for yourself in the first year, what are you gonna do when there no where else to go? I guess thats why the hundreds and diamond are in zumiez. I suppose I'll see you there in 8 years or maybe you'll be in the catalogue in my mailbox, look forward to meeting you!
Good morning everyone, I guess imma have to talk about why we're doing what we're going all day until the shirts release at 7. Like I said before to @apollolifestyle this isnt a get rich quick scheme at all. We're not changing our price to help pay our bills or anything. Nor our we changing the price to cater to rappers or celebrities. We're changing the price because we're moving in a new direction where yes our stuff may be a little bit more money. On top of that we're not increasing the price to try to hurry up and get to the top, we're increasing the price because we're looking to do different things with the brand that we've never done before. This brand started up last November dude, we dont even have a year under our belt and maybe thats why so many people have tried to give us advice on why we should stay grounded. We're not taking that mentality ever because you just weigh your own self down when you dont try to fly as high as you can. Like I said earlier even if this price change means we dont sell out in one day or one week at least we made the change and we're sticking to our guns and staying with the price. This new direction we're going in is not being done out of spite or anger, angry? angry at what? We're living good this is a blessing to be still doing this. Yes it may cut off some of our old fans but maybe some of our old fans wanted us to grow and will like this change. Just because a couple of people in a hypebeast forum dont like it doesnt man we're gonna stop growing and we're not gonna take any risks and move forward. Again I'll repeat it, this change is not to cater to any rappers or get money quicker, its just a new direction we're moving in. But at the same time we will provide better service and continue to ship our stuff the next morning or same day, and continue to do great quality control, and continue to give the fans hand-drawn designs on their pieces. We appreciate your opinions and responses.

June 10, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
cityofsavages

http://teamterribleltd.bigcartel.com/

sued
feeling the Bangles tee and the S.O.S crewneck on the site. keep grinding

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

Please login first to reply.