FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 8, 2013 @ 06:17 PM
Trials & Triumph

If I may put my input into this. The only thing that is remarkable is that you put $15 for your first shirts so like your previous customers and the fan base you made with your previous clothes would think it would be around that $15-$25 range for the next drop. Then you up the price to over than 200% increase which is really a lot for such a simple tee. We understand that you worked hard but to be honest no one wears a shirt because the designer worked hard. I don't see whats the problem with going with $20, we could make at least $800 (profit) if you sold only 50 of these. And since the design is so small, you could put more like 20 designs on one transfer (which cost 2.20 if you order 15). You'd probably make more money selling the shirts at $25 than putting it at $42.
Ok good morning everyone, hope everyone here on hb is having a great saturday. To be honest those brands that place their prices at $20 yea they make a profit are they moving forward. Are they putting their standards low and just satisfied with making a profit. I think you should put your standards high and yea you may have a shift in customers but you gain a different kind of clientele. Here's a great example. Lets say SpaceGhostPurrp or some other rapper like Kendrick came to my shop right. And my stuff was as cheap as the She Saw Everything LS shirt was on our last drop. People swore up and down that they loved it but I dont think SpaceGhostPurrp would buy a tee thats $15 bucks and be seen in it. He's got a rep believe it or not. Same thing with Kendrick Lemar, if he stumbles upon your website and he likes your concepts and stuff and what your brand stands for he's gonna support a new upcoming independent brand.....if you're confident in your stuff and your price is up there with the bigger guys, not with the people satisfied with charging $20 for their stuff...we're moving in a new direction thats all

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

June 8, 2013 @ 06:18 PM
axcie

Since the recent designs we have released and the criticism we got on here has made us rethink everything about the brand and scratched every design we made. I felt really terrible because we had such a nice brand name and thought we had potential. I didn't know what to do, but last week me and my friend met up with a designer name Shayne Oliver who we did not know was the designer for HBA (hood by air.) We later figured out and were surprised, so we tried to set up a meeting with Shayne and great fully he had time when he was in L.A yesterday to help us. He hooked us up with a textile designer in L.A. and we have been going and coming from her studio and one of our first pieces are bout to be done. Since everything designed on a shirt has been done for a while now, we are trying to move away from the font and text designs and focusing on the more Cut and Sew for our brand which creates a little originality that seemed we did not have. I will try to update on the whole progress but thanks for the HB users that helped me see that and it just created a path we thought we could never find. I hope the new AXCIE will be way better and hope you all can see that as well. 

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

June 8, 2013 @ 06:23 PM
axcie

@fosace I understand what you're doing, simple marketing. Celebrities and well known people of stature buy items because the average person cannot. If thats the market you are targeting you got to have some background to your company. Seems you see like other brands such as PYREX, BAPE, BBC charging ridiculous amount of money for simple stuff and you just want to have that same way but the thing is the owner of the brands are well known and that is why it is okay for them to charge so much but if you were to do the same people wouldn't really look at you the same. I hope the best for you and your brand. I understand totally what you're getting at and I just think you have to build a brand enough to wear a celebrity will recognize it and the fame will come from itself that way. Such as Supreme.

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

June 8, 2013 @ 06:31 PM
Trials & Triumph

about pricing....

it really has nothing to do with how new your brand is. 
some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
THIS.

And as for fosface's shirt, I think it's ludicrous that he's charging $42 for that shirt (again, he can charge whatever he wants, but just because you can doesn't mean you should). I honestly don't get why anyone would buy it, but that's just me. It's a crappy drawing of a fat chick...what's the appeal? You guys are blowing a load because you think it's "minimalist" or "different" when it really isn't. It's just lazy and rough on the eyes. I seriously thought that shirt was a joke when I first saw it. And I'm not even hating on the dude, if you're stuff is selling than more power to you, but I just personally would never buy something like that. 
hello owner of sacrilege clothing..your opinion is your opinion. Think of it like this..clothing is like art. The streetwear game is just like the art game. The streetwear game used to be alot better than what it is now. Now its brands just throwing their name on a shirt and they call it a day. Those are the brands that should sell their stuff for just $20-$25 bucks and just sit back. The art game is also cluttered...now its so easy to make art on the computer...shit fuck it I can become an artist. The art has diminished and the street in streetwear has diminished. That being said imagin you were a art connoisseur right and you stopped by our gallery (our webstore) and you had money to spend on art but you wanted only stuff that was raw, something that made you feel how you felt when you started collecting when you were young with money. And it was simple but it was what you needed. The art piece wasnt trying to hard nor were they trying to less. It filled that void that none of the other galleries filled because everyone else was doing the same thing. Then of course you would buy it, but because you had bread as an art collector you wouldnt buy that art if it was dirt cheap because then you wouldnt be able to show it off to your other art buddies....so as far as you buying our piece, its ok you dont have to buy it someone who appreciates it will.....good luck with your brand////////////thats proly the 10th rant since we've put the shirt up//yup

June 8, 2013 @ 06:47 PM
Trials & Triumph

@fosace I understand what you're doing, simple marketing. Celebrities and well known people of stature buy items because the average person cannot. If thats the market you are targeting you got to have some background to your company. Seems you see like other brands such as PYREX, BAPE, BBC charging ridiculous amount of money for simple stuff and you just want to have that same way but the thing is the owner of the brands are well known and that is why it is okay for them to charge so much but if you were to do the same people wouldn't really look at you the same. I hope the best for you and your brand. I understand totally what you're getting at and I just think you have to build a brand enough to wear a celebrity will recognize it and the fame will come from itself that way. Such as Supreme.
I feel your opinion its just we're moving in a new direction with little increments...even though it seems like alot lol. If you want to be the best you have to compete with the best and trust me these celebs/rappers whatever we're not catering to. Its the people that appreciate great tasting food instead of the norm thats appreciated...thats who we're catering to. I've seen crewnecks selling for $100 a pop, from upstarts so its time to compete with the best by moving in a new direction like all the best brands did. Every brand goes through growing pains, how long do you want to go through them. You're going to have to fight each of the top brands man-to-man if you want to be the best so you might as well fight like your the best in order to get a title fight. Long story short you wont get a shot at the title if you're still pulling punches and not fighting with your all....trust me you're gonna get knocked out just like a lot of other boxers(brands) have. You gotta go into the fight with your all or just dont fight at all. The people will respect you, the people will say they give their all every fight. But if you're still pulling punches even the top fighters will say ohhh they'll get knocked out eventually they'll never get their shot at the title. I know we can be the best so we're not pulling punches anymore. Will that mean we'll sell out faster or not at all, I dont know but I took a shot and thats how you knock somebody ass out...you have to take a risk and I mean thats what this whole clothing thing is about

June 8, 2013 @ 08:23 PM
southshorematt

June 8, 2013 @ 08:32 PM
joseno

lol thats the story...idk what you want me to say lol i meant to post the pics up with the shirt. I had to edit the post cuz my dumb ass didnt post the pictures along with the story. Here...

its simple and funny haha im down to cop
June 8, 2013 @ 09:06 PM
Trials & Triumph

lol thats the story...idk what you want me to say lol i meant to post the pics up with the shirt. I had to edit the post cuz my dumb ass didnt post the pictures along with the story. Here...

its simple and funny haha im down to cop
haha yea she got the fade on the back of the tee, she ugly.....and she got bumps on her butt ughhhhh

June 8, 2013 @ 09:41 PM
luigisardo

where can i find these?
http://swagfresh.com/product-tag/limited-edition/

Only one size left in that model.
Says they got 9 and 10... how do they run?
I am a 9.5 in vans
They're the same sizes as Vans actually, so you should size up to a 10
June 8, 2013 @ 10:04 PM
Brave

All of your criticism is only bringing more publicity to his work lol, I envy you @fosace

doesn't matter to me I am simply giving advice he can do whatever he chooses, but if he cant take criticism then he shouldn't be in this business because this it will never stop.
June 8, 2013 @ 10:13 PM
jackset

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED & RESTOCKED 

Set Olde English Snapback - http://setstore.co/product/set-olde-english-snapback

Stayset Tie Dye Bucket Hat - http://setstore.co/

Instagram: set_store #stayset www.setstore.co.uk

June 8, 2013 @ 10:20 PM
Brave

about pricing....

some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
granted this is true but we are talking about a tshirt here , I do agree each brand needs to take in factors in that benefit there business, and honestly in this case I don't see the attraction here, and It does not seem worth 42$
June 8, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
Brave

New to hypebeast and just found out about this thread. I recently released my second drop for my brand, The MSTRPLAN, and would love to get some feedback. Feel free to check the store and website and let me know what you guys think, and what I can improve on. Thanks!
-MSTRMIND
http://www.themstrplan.com 
http://www.store.themstrplan.com 

I dig this release my favorite is the Charlie brown one. I forget the kids name though
June 8, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

New to hypebeast and just found out about this thread. I recently released my second drop for my brand, The MSTRPLAN, and would love to get some feedback. Feel free to check the store and website and let me know what you guys think, and what I can improve on. Thanks!
-MSTRMIND

might have to cop all three of these
June 8, 2013 @ 11:48 PM
JStorm803

His name's Pigpen and I'll be copping a tee or two.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

June 9, 2013 @ 12:48 AM
Trials & Triumph

about pricing....

granted this is true but we are talking about a tshirt here , I do agree each brand needs to take in factors in that benefit there business, and honestly in this case I don't see the attraction here, and It does not seem worth 42$
well ive been taking criticism pretty well all week. i guess my response to you is umm get it if you want. umm if you dont want to thats your decision you have free will. Every brand prices their items differently, just because Chanel prices their stuff differently than Dolce & Gabbana doesnt mean Chanel is wrong. No, thats Chanel's products so they price it according to what direction they want to move in. We're moving in a new direction so the price just shifted. If you havent followed us from the beginning we've been improving slightly since we came out last November, we're just continuing to grow. That being said, support MSTRPLAN and buy up their shirts, best of luck to you and MSTRPLAN. 

June 9, 2013 @ 07:20 AM
mstrmind

-MSTRMIND

might have to cop all three of these
Thanks for the kind words Brave, je-sus, JStorm, and fosace. The dude's name is "Pig-Pen", so I think it's perfect for him to be parodied into a cop haha.

And if any of you guys are on the fence on coppin', feel free to use the code "TMPOPS" for a cool 20% off

As for the whole cost thing, at the end of the day you charge what you want. I'm a new brand, my fan base is small; to me, profit isn't as important now as getting word and product out and a lower price range allows for that.

Thanks for the luck, I wish the best for you and your brand too.

Trust The MSTRPLAN | http://www.themstrplan.com

June 9, 2013 @ 11:42 AM
karakter1

"just because you CAN charge $60 bucks for a tee, doesn't mean you SHOULD"

-NOT TRUE

no tee is actually WORTH $60...
no brand HAS TO charge $60....yeh i know that some are luxury brands, and have celebrity clientele and marketing.....

but they DO NOT HAVE TO charge that much. but they do...and people pay it.

the only justification you need for charging insane amounts for any product is.....customers that will pay it.
June 9, 2013 @ 11:48 AM
karakter1

I saw a show about people abusing the word "Artisan" by adding it to the product, giving off the impression that its hand made skillfully crafted goods.

this one guy was using a razor blade and hand sharpening basic #2 pencils....and selling them for $35

his only real justification for selling 3 cent pencils for $35 was.....people where buying them.
June 9, 2013 @ 03:32 PM
AreteBrand

about pricing....

well ive been taking criticism pretty well all week. i guess my response to you is umm get it if you want. umm if you dont want to thats your decision you have free will. Every brand prices their items differently, just because Chanel prices their stuff differently than Dolce & Gabbana doesnt mean Chanel is wrong. No, thats Chanel's products so they price it according to what direction they want to move in. We're moving in a new direction so the price just shifted. If you havent followed us from the beginning we've been improving slightly since we came out last November, we're just continuing to grow. That being said, support MSTRPLAN and buy up their shirts, best of luck to you and MSTRPLAN. 
LMAO bruh that basketball connection you tried to make was a reach. But anyways price your stuff however you want to. The pricing reflects how you value your brand, plain and simple. If you feel you have that brand image and following to have people pay $42 for it, go for it. No one here should stop you, cause at the end of the day this is your brand and decision. All the people legitimately upset about the pricing of your brand need to relax cause it's not their call and all they're doing is giving you free promotion. This topic has dominated the last 2-3 pages and pretty sure niggas won't let this die down smh. Also, pricing of a product DOES NOT equate to the quality of the product all the time. Saying hip-hop artists won't rep a $15 because of the price isn't true because there are plenty of brands with cheaply priced tees that have literally every artist repping. It's all about if they think it's dope.

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

June 9, 2013 @ 03:37 PM
AreteBrand

Since the recent designs we have released and the criticism we got on here has made us rethink everything about the brand and scratched every design we made. I felt really terrible because we had such a nice brand name and thought we had potential. I didn't know what to do, but last week me and my friend met up with a designer name Shayne Oliver who we did not know was the designer for HBA (hood by air.) We later figured out and were surprised, so we tried to set up a meeting with Shayne and great fully he had time when he was in L.A yesterday to help us. He hooked us up with a textile designer in L.A. and we have been going and coming from her studio and one of our first pieces are bout to be done. Since everything designed on a shirt has been done for a while now, we are trying to move away from the font and text designs and focusing on the more Cut and Sew for our brand which creates a little originality that seemed we did not have. I will try to update on the whole progress but thanks for the HB users that helped me see that and it just created a path we thought we could never find. I hope the new AXCIE will be way better and hope you all can see that as well. 
Good for you guys but cut and sew doesn't really mean original since every other brand is on that wave lol. I hope you guys do come up with some dope shit though. The Yeezus album tee is kinda corny, but you guys will get $$$ from it. Honestly it doesn't matter cause we all know there are going to be 34241221432231 "yeezus" tees on spreadshirt, ya'll just beat everyone to it.

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

June 9, 2013 @ 03:46 PM
AreteBrand

I feel like some people need to realize not to be so offended by people's critiques on here. You will probably never meet face to face and if your brand is selling, fuck what people on here say. If you have the passion and drive then you will succeed in the industry, literally that's all you need. HB is somewhat valuable in getting feedback because there are so many heads who are passionate about their brands and some give great feedback, but at the same time you can't the opinions of a few people control your brand. It's pretty obvious who's here for the money and who gives a fuck. Truth is a lot of you guys just starting out won't get far cause you're not researching the info on the web and on previous posts on here. If you're this clueless, just stop since it isn't for you. You won't become Diamond, Stussy, Supreme or even Pyrex overnight. You have to think ahead of the curve and realize that it takes work. I'm not gonna act like my brand is hot shit, but I'm trying to get it to where it needs to be and turn heads. Good luck to everyone and keep grinding

June 9, 2013 @ 03:52 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

If I may put my input into this. The only thing that is remarkable is that you put $15 for your first shirts so like your previous customers and the fan base you made with your previous clothes would think it would be around that $15-$25 range for the next drop. Then you up the price to over than 200% increase which is really a lot for such a simple tee. We understand that you worked hard but to be honest no one wears a shirt because the designer worked hard. I don't see whats the problem with going with $20, we could make at least $800 (profit) if you sold only 50 of these. And since the design is so small, you could put more like 20 designs on one transfer (which cost 2.20 if you order 15). You'd probably make more money selling the shirts at $25 than putting it at $42.
Ok good morning everyone, hope everyone here on hb is having a great saturday. To be honest those brands that place their prices at $20 yea they make a profit are they moving forward. Are they putting their standards low and just satisfied with making a profit. I think you should put your standards high and yea you may have a shift in customers but you gain a different kind of clientele. Here's a great example. Lets say SpaceGhostPurrp or some other rapper like Kendrick came to my shop right. And my stuff was as cheap as the She Saw Everything LS shirt was on our last drop. People swore up and down that they loved it but I dont think SpaceGhostPurrp would buy a tee thats $15 bucks and be seen in it. He's got a rep believe it or not. Same thing with Kendrick Lemar, if he stumbles upon your website and he likes your concepts and stuff and what your brand stands for he's gonna support a new upcoming independent brand.....if you're confident in your stuff and your price is up there with the bigger guys, not with the people satisfied with charging $20 for their stuff...we're moving in a new direction thats all
Interesting idea, I guess we'll all eventually see whether or not it works out for you.

Also, you still got any of those She Saw Everything shirts left? Had it in my 'To Cop' list for a while.

hot water

June 9, 2013 @ 05:24 PM
Team Terrible LTD

June 9, 2013 @ 07:21 PM
Trials & Triumph

Interesting idea, I guess we'll all eventually see whether or not it works out for you.

Also, you still got any of those She Saw Everything shirts left? Had it in my 'To Cop' list for a while.
naa they all sold out, umm they should be coming out early 2014. To specify we're re-releasing the long sleeves. I dont know exactly which ones you liked. Me personally I hated the short sleeve ones. So those ones we wont be re-releasing, but the LS ones were a big hit so we'll do kinda like a Marshall Law colorway. Something yellow and black..

June 9, 2013 @ 07:36 PM
Trials & Triumph

about pricing....

LMAO bruh that basketball connection you tried to make was a reach. But anyways price your stuff however you want to. The pricing reflects how you value your brand, plain and simple. If you feel you have that brand image and following to have people pay $42 for it, go for it. No one here should stop you, cause at the end of the day this is your brand and decision. All the people legitimately upset about the pricing of your brand need to relax cause it's not their call and all they're doing is giving you free promotion. This topic has dominated the last 2-3 pages and pretty sure niggas won't let this die down smh. Also, pricing of a product DOES NOT equate to the quality of the product all the time. Saying hip-hop artists won't rep a $15 because of the price isn't true because there are plenty of brands with cheaply priced tees that have literally every artist repping. It's all about if they think it's dope.
thats true but lets be honest here, all hip hop artist or remotely popular people dont like to wear really cheap stuff because after awhile they have a standard thats set. They get more money and like to buy quality things because they are receiving more blessings. This is my opinion. Yes they may want to buy your stuff if its cheap but are they going to pull out their wallet if its $15 bucks or even $10 bucks. For that matter would you even pull out your wallet to type in all of that info for a $10 shirt. Ok maybe $10 is reaching but we're moving in a new direction and the price is moving forward as well. how do you think that Supreme magically started charging $388 for a leopard print sweater, now I know I'm talking about the best brand now and they have 20 years under their belt. But they eventually had to increase their price. Slowly but surely we're doing the same thing. Because Supreme thinks thats what their product should sell at because of what went into that product to put it out, thats the same mentality we're having because we want to be the best so we have to have the same mindset as the better brands...its just moving forward thats all...but we're gonna come out with some really cool shit as we move forward for our fans so we dont just let them down either ya know...thats it.

June 9, 2013 @ 07:47 PM
Trials & Triumph

"just because you CAN charge $60 bucks for a tee, doesn't mean you SHOULD"

-NOT TRUE

no tee is actually WORTH $60...
no brand HAS TO charge $60....yeh i know that some are luxury brands, and have celebrity clientele and marketing.....

but they DO NOT HAVE TO charge that much. but they do...and people pay it.

the only justification you need for charging insane amounts for any product is.....customers that will pay it.
wassup wassup, i guess you dont have to but these brands that just say fuck it we're charging $____. Those brands have confidence in their product, in their brand and they feel as if the cost of the experience to put the item out, the cost of the money put into the product to put it out, the cost of the promo, etc etc. should be all included and there's your price. Bape is confident, Supreme, etc. all of the bigger brands have confidence in their stuff. You eventually have to turn the curve if you want to be on top of this list and solidify your throne. You have to have confidence. Dont stay in this dungeon of brands that are scared to take a risk. Because you'll die there. You gotta move forward price wise, design wise, quality wise.  Price is only one element that we changed, the quality of the tee is better as well. Those bigger brands you're right they dont have to charge it but the real fashion heads know exactly why they charge a higher price. Its cause if so many people have Bape then that would make it less sought after cause so many people have it...So you gotta keep it sought after for the true Bape fiends that like to wear exclusive stuff..

June 9, 2013 @ 07:59 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

naa they all sold out, umm they should be coming out early 2014. To specify we're re-releasing the long sleeves. I dont know exactly which ones you liked. Me personally I hated the short sleeve ones. So those ones we wont be re-releasing, but the LS ones were a big hit so we'll do kinda like a Marshall Law colorway. Something yellow and black..
Damn, I was wanting one of the short sleeves.

hot water

June 9, 2013 @ 08:44 PM
joseno

June 9, 2013 @ 08:47 PM
wcfrontrvnners

http://teamterribleltd.bigcartel.com/

got you guys on IG , good luck with the brand homie

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

Please login first to reply.